Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Jameis is a big athletic idiot. At least there's a built in excuse if FSU loses Sat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If "gently caress her right in the pussy" is worth sitting out a half of a football game, I probably would have had to sit out a whole season when I was his age. Jesus.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mahoning posted:

If "gently caress her right in the pussy" is worth sitting out a half of a football game, I probably would have had to sit out a whole season when I was his age. Jesus.

standing on a table in the middle of a quad shouting it at the top of your lungs after you had been accused of rape, maybe a little different

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Mahoning posted:

Presumably you weren't the most famous college student in the country, representing your school in multiple sports, and also involved in a very public sexual assault investigation.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
For someone so talented, Jameis sure is dumb.

This is in the ballpark of OJ writing that "If I Had Done It" book.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 17, 2014

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Alouicious posted:

standing on a table in the middle of a quad shouting it at the top of your lungs after you had been accused of rape, maybe a little different

Thermos H Christ posted:

Presumably you weren't the most famous college student in the country, representing your school in multiple sports, and also involved in a very public sexual assault investigation.

These are very true statements.

He should have been yelling "gently caress her right in the pussy!......AS LONG AS IT IS CONSENSUAL"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The suspension feels like an overreaction but it was also a pretty bad idea on his part for obvious reasons.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

MourningView posted:

For a little bit people were actually trying to talk up Pat Forde as someone who mattered or was worth listening to because it played into the "Yahoo! vs ESPN" thing. I'm glad that's done and everyone has remembered that he's a hack.

I mostly remember Forde for his habit of working in a shot at Calipari in like every column he would do during basketball season.

Which I guess from an outside perspective could probably be described as "kind of awesome" but.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

MourningView posted:

The suspension feels like an overreaction but it was also a pretty bad idea on his part for obvious reasons.

Truth. Not sure I understand why the suspension was warranted. I think a "We'll handle this within the team and Jameis understands that his behavior wasn't inappropriate or acceptable as a representative of this team and University, blah blah blah" would have been perfectly acceptable.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Basil Hayden posted:

I mostly remember Forde for his habit of working in a shot at Calipari in like every column he would do during basketball season.

Which I guess from an outside perspective could probably be described as "kind of awesome" but.

Yeah, I remember that, never dug it even as someone that doesn't love Calipari. The guy is a click-bait fiend, probably why Yahoo loves him.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Truth. Not sure I understand why the suspension was warranted. I think a "We'll handle this within the team and Jameis understands that his behavior wasn't inappropriate or acceptable as a representative of this team and University, blah blah blah" would have been perfectly acceptable.

A half-game suspension says the same thing much more clearly. Also makes it clear that he will get more than a stern talking-to in the future.

Given that this isn't the first incident of Jameis being somewhat out of control, it's time he got his chain yanked.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Dr. Pangloss posted:

In a vacuum, it would be excessive, but this is probably more of a cumulative response.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
At least unlike a certain other team in Florida he'll actually GET a suspension

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

In a vacuum, it would be excessive, but this is probably more of a cumulative response.

Pretty much. If he was just a regular player, and had pulled all of this poo poo, he'd be off the team by now.

Hell, Swag Kelly was dismissed just for being a whiny little bitch and denting someone's car.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I'm sure it wouldn't have been a suspension, or probably even a story, if he wasn't a highly visible guy with a track record of bad PR. He participated in a BB gun fight that did a lot of property damage at an apartment complex, he was very publicly accused of sexual assault, he was arrested for stealing crab legs, and now he does this. He ought to understand by now that (a) anything he does can get picked up by the news media, and (b) there are a significant number of people who'd like to see him go down for something. Giving those people ammo is harmful to the team and to the school.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Was Jameis punished for stealing? Because it would be hilarious to be suspended for this and not that.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
When Old Dominion beats Rice can we finally talk about how they are the true dark horse of the 2014 season

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Rad Valtar posted:

Was Jameis punished for stealing? Because it would be hilarious to be suspended for this and not that.

He was cited and did community service or something and the school had him do....something else too? I dunno but he was met with stuff like that.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hey now, Urbz dropped the hammer with that one half suspension for eye gouging

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, this is probably more the AD's way of telling Jameis to cut all his stupid poo poo out before he does something that can't be swept under the rug or laughed off than a punishment for just this one act.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

He was cited and did community service or something and the school had him do....something else too? I dunno but he was met with stuff like that.

Worked a Saturday evening shift at Red Lobster.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Tell that to my old roommate

I miss your old roommate stories

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

"Murder is not an NCAA violation"

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's really weird that at this time last year people were falling all over themselves about how awesome they thought Jameis was. I mean, yeah, in a vacuum this situation would normally be hilarious but in context it's a little disturbing.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I though doctors were preternaturally intelligent, but maybe I was wrong.

There's no denying LSU has taken a step back, but that'll happen when you're gutted by the NFL draft 2 years in a row.

LSU has owned A&M the past couple of years and outside of last year, LSU has been a better team than Auburn.

This year, I don't know who is gonna take the West.

I'm guessing you don't know a lot of doctors.

And it's only my opinion/prediction about LSU. I see offensive innovation at Auburn and A&M and suspect that they will improve defensively over time whereas LSU never seems to have a great offense, QB, etc. A&M is in a great recruiting position as the only Texan SEC team and I suspect that they will begin to put together an elite defense if they continue to win. And being gutted continually by the NFL is part of having talented players.

Not that I want any of this to happen, mind you. I would love if LSU remained on top and Arkansas continued to still somehow find ways to beat them. I actually like LSU more than another other of the SEC West teams.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I miss your old roommate stories

I'm sure you've heard the one by now of him sexually assaulting a drunk girl downtown and having the case dismissed two weeks later.

He's a piece of poo poo and I hope to God I don't see him again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rad Valtar posted:

He was suspended for a baseball game or two I believe.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spintzel posted:

When Old Dominion beats Rice can we finally talk about how they are the true dark horse of the 2014 season

video game offenses have no place in the modern ncaa

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Bobby Bowden Memorial running of stadium steps.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

Basil Hayden posted:

Not surprising, he is very close to the Louisville athletic department and his prejudices basically drive everything he writes

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

RumbleFish posted:

Great point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm sure you've heard the one by now of him sexually assaulting a drunk girl downtown and having the case dismissed two weeks later.

He's a piece of poo poo and I hope to God I don't see him again.

:gonk:

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Spintzel posted:

look ODU might beat Rice but they got beat by NC State pretty hard so no they're not

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

He was suspended for a baseball game or two I believe.

I'm surprised more kids aren't put in two sports so in situations like this they can suspend him for like 10 baseball games but not any football games. "He was suspended for ten games, we feel that's enough."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Looks like the suspension was handed down by the administration. And they even had Jameis release a statement and have his own press conference.

Man this is weird.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What the hell prompted him to stand up on a table and yell "gently caress her right in the pussy" anyway?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

What the hell prompted him to stand up on a table and yell "gently caress her right in the pussy" anyway?

Without actually knowing, I'm guessing him and his buddies were watching those videos where the guy pops into newscasts and yells it. They thought it was funny, so they get him to do it, much like the penis game.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MindlessHavok posted:

Without actually knowing, I'm guessing him and his buddies were watching those videos where the guy pops into newscasts and yells it. They thought it was funny, so they get him to do it, much like the penis game.

Memes are never funny in real life

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

MindlessHavok posted:

I'm surprised more kids aren't put in two sports so in situations like this they can suspend him for like 10 baseball games but not any football games. "He was suspended for ten games, we feel that's enough."

This would require players 1)be good enough to play two sports at a high level and 2)be able to fill spots on those teams, which tend to have less scholarships than football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Memes are never funny in real life

I remember when kids painted All Your Base in front of our library my Sophomore year.

I wanted to burn everything around me.

• Locked thread