Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Tafferling posted:

$1 deal looks spiffy.
How's The Yawhg?

I watched a few streams of it. It's a neat group experience once or twice but loses its luster as it starts repeating events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there some way to stop games with certain tags (rpgmaker) appearing in the store? the same question for games i already own in lower parts of the store recommendation interface

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm convinced rpgmaker games are a legitimate way to get money out of Steam. I've seen rpgmaker games on kickstarter with $8,000 USD funded.

Edit: Anyone play that Life is Fuedal poo poo?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 25, 2014

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Fight the Dragon any good as far as early access titles go? It looks like it could be neat but I'd rather hear about it from people who actually have played it.

I'd like to know this as well if anybody has tried it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Quest For Glory II posted:

For people who hate clicking through

$1
The Cat Lady
Defender's Quest
Lilly Looking Through
Ms. Splosion Man

$6+
Long Live the Queen
The Yawhg

$10+
Valdis Story (lol)

Also if you pledge to this you will probably make the internet angry since it supports a womens charity. which i'm all about

Aw Valdis Story isn't too bad, don't laugh. ;(

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I've put off playing Valdis Story because I was most interested in the third character and wanted to wait for him to be patched in. It's like a year later and he's still not in, and I looked at the dev site, and while it seems like they're close to implementing him, they also said that they're really tired of the game now and want to be done with it (but still have one more stretch goal character to add! The dangers of kickstarter, I guess.)

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Firstborn posted:

Edit: Anyone play that Life is Fuedal poo poo?

tehsid has it and has posted a few impressions. I'm hoping he comes around with more details because it does look pretty cool.

tehsid posted:

Guys.. GUYS.

Life is Feudal isn't awful.

Its not worth $39.99 USD in its current state, its very early access. But its a no low fantasy Rust-like survival game, and its already fun.
If you're insane like me, and have cash to burn, give it a go. If you're even remotely likely to regret buying an Early Access game at that, or any price, don't touch it.

But for those of you who do, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Yodzilla posted:

I don't understand how what I'm looking at here is even remotely playable.

Looks like a lot of trial and error until you have the map memorized. I can how it could be fun for super meatboy players.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

YOURFRIEND posted:

Looks like a lot of trial and error until you have the map memorized. I can how it could be fun for super meatboy players.

What? I fail to see how this game has anything in common with SMB.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
My line of reasoning is that it's a fast paced game with a lot of trial and error and a high skill ceiling(?). I'm not really familiar with the game at all but it seems like it would appeal to the same type of person that plays those really difficult platformers such as VVVVVV and SMB etc etc.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Aw Valdis Story isn't too bad, don't laugh. ;(

I've tried to get into Valdis Story many times because people really hyped it up at launch, and I've just never found it fun. It's poorly optimized, I'm not a fan of the combat, platforming is really stiff, and the game shipped with a lot of stuff missing (but was not listed as an early access game).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's definitely not worth $10 but at least to its credit I can say that Batman Arkham Blackgate has surpassed it as worst metroidvania on Steam

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
I'm not going to be back to check in until tomorrow, but if anyone wants to 4pack slip Beat the Dragon let me know, for $6 I'm willing to bite.

I can buy (tomorrow) if we have a couple ppl interested, http://steamcommunity.com/id/minifigs/

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

The Colonel posted:

I've seen the darker sides of XBLIG before. Steam isn't XBLIG until it starts selling a dungeon-crawling RPG wizardry clone where you fight half-naked elemental anime girls for ten bucks.

XBLIG? You just described a PC port of Hyperdimenson Neptunia. Wishlisted.

:rimshot::respek::hist101:

So here is the day in which Sega mock us all for avoiding Rome II by having a sale on everything except Rome II and also making me think for a moment that I must have bought Rome II and forgotten about it (wouldn't be the tenth time) since free weekends show the game as me owning it when I go to the Steam page. It's not really fair if the game was poo poo in the first place and it's taken this long to get it to the point where people are now openly recommending it.

e:

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I'm not going to be back to check in until tomorrow, but if anyone wants to 4pack slip Beat the Dragon let me know, for $6 I'm willing to bite.

I can buy (tomorrow) if we have a couple ppl interested, http://steamcommunity.com/id/minifigs/

I'm up for that.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 25, 2014

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Steam queue: "How many loving open world early access (horror)survival games can there be, jezus christ."

Are any of them any good?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

It's definitely not worth $10 but at least to its credit I can say that Batman Arkham Blackgate has surpassed it as worst metroidvania on Steam

Oh my dear boy, if you think that's the bottom of the barrel, remind me to show you some gems sometime.

Orv
May 4, 2011

canada jezus posted:

Steam queue: "How many loving open world early access (horror)survival games can there be, jezus christ."

Are any of them any good?

The Forest will be good if it ever gets finished.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Oh my dear boy, if you think that's the bottom of the barrel, remind me to show you some gems sometime.
I still have to get back to Teslagrad which is about middle of the pack.

The most fun one I've played on Steam to date is still Strider. I'm sure most people would say Rogue Legacy but, whatever

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Orv posted:

The Forest will be good if it ever gets finished.

I don't even like the genre that much i'm just surprised at these waves upon waves of games i can't tell apart that are apparently all making money while being 1/4th finished. I'm astounded.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm still disappointed that none of these indie Metroidvanias are as good as it parent franchises were. Guacamelee got close.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter released, anybody played it yet? Is it as good as the trailer promises? It's one of only games I was really looking forward to lately and I'd like to hear some impressions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Accordion Man posted:

I'm still disappointed that none of these indie Metroidvanias are as good as it parent franchises were. Guacamelee got close.

Yeah, Guacamelee (with the Turbo upgrade) and Shadow Complex are the two closest at a actual successor to to the Metroidvania line. Cave Story and La-Mulana might, but they are more hybrid of other games as well.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Palpek posted:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter released, anybody played it yet? Is it as good as the trailer promises? It's one of only games I was really looking forward to lately and I'd like to hear some impressions.
It got delayed for a couple of hours for last minute bug testing so it hasn't been released yet. Should be soon though because they uploaded it to Steam just now.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I still have to get back to Teslagrad which is about middle of the pack.

The most fun one I've played on Steam to date is still Strider. I'm sure most people would say Rogue Legacy but, whatever

I need to try Strider. When I think crapshow metroidvanias I tend to think Bunny Must Die, myself.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Publishers have now found ways to include digital body pillows into steam games. We have entered a new age of terrible anime poo poo showing up on steam.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That's right I forgot I haven't played the Turbo Edition of Guacamelee yet and I heard that fixes the really high difficulty spikes when it comes to the last few bosses, so I'll have to give it another shot eventually.

Lance Streetman posted:

Publishers have now found ways to include digital body pillows into steam games. We have entered a new age of terrible anime poo poo showing up on steam.
Hey man, goonettes need their animu games too.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Lance Streetman posted:

Well, you found the answer to "What could be more pathetic than body pillows?"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImPureAwesome posted:

I watched a few streams of it. It's a neat group experience once or twice but loses its luster as it starts repeating events

It's a cool game, but you are required to have a group of people willing to play it with you in the same room since I think it's local only.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lance Streetman posted:

To be fair it's really hot.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Still not hotter than Cyberdwarf. :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can't even work up a good grrr anime schtick for that, that's just depressing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

How does a digital body pillow even work.

fake edit: wait no I don't actually want to know

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anime, where pant length is a serious concern.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

please stop being sexist against girl anime gamers

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
No stockings? All my dakimakura feature zettai ryouiki and I'd hate to buck the trend.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Palpek posted:

Anxiously waiting for it to actually release. It doesn't bode well that the developers are doing fixes mere hours before release and delayed it due to that.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

canada jezus posted:

I don't even like the genre that much i'm just surprised at these waves upon waves of games i can't tell apart that are apparently all making money while being 1/4th finished. I'm astounded.

Honestly it's because most of them are 1/4 finished. Like, the genre is pretty fun if you're into that kind of thing, but eventually you run out of things to do in any given game like that and then it's time to move onto the next unfinished one. I got about two weeks out of 7 Days to Die playing with a bunch of friends and that was more than worth the $10 or whatever I spent on it, but now I'm done with it unless the developers add a lot more content.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Accordion Man posted:

That's right I forgot I haven't played the Turbo Edition of Guacamelee yet and I heard that fixes the really high difficulty spikes when it comes to the last few bosses, so I'll have to give it another shot eventually.

Does it make Calaca's second form fun to fight?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Accordion Man posted:

It's pretty good. The fix is basically a new ability that makes you go super saiyan. I personally didn't have that much trouble with the Gold Edition bosses, so the Turbo edition was s breeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Eruonen posted:

Anxiously waiting for it to actually release. It doesn't bode well that the developers are doing fixes mere hours before release and delayed it due to that.

Well, in all fairness, most publishers would just push out a game with crippling launch bugs rather than postpone release.

• Locked thread