Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Mash posted:

Hegav studied(studies?) law so he's as corrupt as they come

He also has a rich dad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

*tugs colllar* Blatter is bad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jose posted:

Garcia's appeal over the statement FIFA released of his report has failed on the basis it wasn't a legally binding decision :lol:

Lol

That poo poo needs leaking

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Where's the #GoP when you need them?

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
Garcia has now resigned from FIFA, to add more to the poo poo show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30522170

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ellspurs posted:

Garcia has now resigned from FIFA, to add more to the poo poo show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30522170

That'll show them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How much was he paid for this? Comes off looking pretty good with everything that has happened and probably made a killing in the process

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/17/michael-garcia-resigns-fifa-ethics-committee

The Guardian posted:

Garcia also revealed that the Fifa executive committee led by Sepp Blatter tried to have disciplinary proceedings opened against him in September. The attempt was rejected by the chairman of Fifa’s disciplinary panel.

lol

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Fuel for the fire: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014/12/17/world/middleeast/ap-soc-qatar-fake-fans.html

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

They're literally the North Koreans.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jose posted:

How much was he paid for this? Comes off looking pretty good with everything that has happened and probably made a killing in the process

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/17/michael-garcia-resigns-fifa-ethics-committee

lol

"FIFA in turmoil" in the subtitle is probably wrong, it's more likely "FIFA in not giving a gently caress".

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Gigi Galli posted:

dprk citizens actually like football iirc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Watch Russia suddenly have 2018 taken away because they can no longer bribe FIFA execs, lmao.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Blatter trying to get Garcia in front of a disciplinary panel is hilarious. On what loving grounds, spilling the beans?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

Blatter trying to get Garcia in front of a disciplinary panel is hilarious. On what loving grounds, spilling the beans?

For not following the strict ethical code that he and the rest of the ExCo adhere to so religiously, obviously.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Gigi Galli posted:

I said this would happen months ago someone give me a medal

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Migrant workers in Qatar are being paid $1 a day to be fake sports fans

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Wait, how long has this been going on in the US?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

Wait, how long has this been going on in the US?

When did Seattle join MLS?

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

He submitted his report in September, Eckert's abbreviated summary was put out mid-November, so it can only be for the grave crime of saying the entire report should be made public.

Unless he said or did something in private that FIFA didn't like and that hasn't been reported.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Edmund Honda posted:

He submitted his report in September, Eckert's abbreviated summary was put out mid-November, so it can only be for the grave crime of saying the entire report should be made public.

Unless he said or did something in private that FIFA didn't like and that hasn't been reported.

If FIFA didn't like this hypothetical private thing, why wouldn't it have been reported?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

pik_d posted:

If FIFA didn't like this hypothetical private thing, why wouldn't it have been reported?

secret courts are better than public courts when you're more corrupt than soviet russia in its heyday

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/19/fifa-agrees-publish-michael-garcia-report-world-cup-bid-qatar-russia

quote:

Fifa’s executive committee has agreed unanimously that an “appropriate” form of the Garcia report into World Cup bidding should be published.

Officials at a meeting in Morocco agreed to the proposal without a vote being taken – but nothing will be published until the ethics committee charges against three Fifa ExCo members have been dealt with.

Fifa sources confirmed to Press Association Sport the outcome of the meeting in Marrakesh.

What are ray winstone's odds on the publication having any effect whatsoever?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thats the version of the report with all the names and anything incriminating redacted isnt it.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

Thats the version of the report with all the names and anything incriminating redacted isnt it.

Yes, because otherwise that's basically self-incriminating many of their members. At the very least this will shed light on just how corrupt they are. They're extremely corrupt.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

Unless they're a whistleblower anyway

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

The only appropriate form of the report would be one written in the blood of Fifa Executive Committee members written on skin flayed off the back of Sepp Blatter

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Honestly I'd settle for a simple execution. No need to flay the man. You guys go so overboard sometimes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Appropriate form means the entire Qatar and Russia sections will be blacked out, but we get all the names of British, American, or Australian people who did anything even remotely close to wrong or corrupt.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

FYI this was done to bypass the proposal to change the rules on what constitutes "appropriate" to include the whole report (as the amendment put forward by Theo Zwanziger could only be implemented if there was a vote)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

The :airquote: appropriate :airquote: form

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Garcia just sends report.doc to the times and is like "nah guys I saved you time don't worry"

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Masonity posted:

Honestly I'd settle for a simple execution. No need to flay the man. You guys go so overboard sometimes.

Change the subject of The Interview from NK to FIFA

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

BlueBayou posted:

Change the subject of The Interview from NK to FIFA

United Passions 2: The Interview

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Masonity posted:

I am all for having them Hung, Draw, and Quartered so I think we should be allowed some fun with how they meet there demise.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
The report will have every word except "the" blacked out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

c0burn posted:

The report will have every word except "the" blacked out.

I'm sure 'Its all englands fault' will be perfectly visible.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
You know, generally the only reason things are redacted is for national security reasons or to protect the identity of victims. Has FIFA even bothered to make a bullshit excuse for redacting this, other than the unspoken 'We want to save our own skins.'

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Quasimango posted:

You know, generally the only reason things are redacted is for national security reasons or to protect the identity of victims. Has FIFA even bothered to make a bullshit excuse for redacting this, other than the unspoken 'We want to save our own skins.'

Its not even unspoken, thats literally their reason

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Quasimango posted:

The reason given for originally not publishing the report was because it would lead to criminal charges. Thats exactly it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

My prediction is the recdactions on each page will form a raised middle finger. Or maybe Sepp will just scan his and that will be the "appropriate" form of the report we get.