Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Vertical Lime posted:

That's probably Brian Stelter's default section.

What I really wanna know is why are we forced into seeing new comments automatically while reading the article

I've seen some pretty good ones. A dude with a duke nukem avatar just told an old black woman that she'd better watch out because megyn kelly would beat the poo poo out of her with how smart she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

You're missing the best part of the apology.

quote:

Earlier on Saturday, on the morning show "Fox & Friends," co-host Anna Kooiman referred to the previous week's program, when "we showed a map of neighborhoods in France labeled as no-go zones."

"Some of the neighborhoods were highlighted incorrectly," she said. "We apologize for the error."

the real best part

quote:

Pirro, on her 9 p.m. show, also said "we deeply regret these errors."
Then she encouraged viewers to vote in her show's weekly Internet poll: "Will our free speech suffer so that we can say nothing negative about Islam?"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

I hope he gets something that sounds really cool in theory but is ultimately ineffective because at least it would be in character.

Barack H. Obama does offer better prices than Comcast but the connection speed is way lower than I was hoping for.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Whiteycar posted:

the real best part

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hipsters: Scourge of Republicans

Man, between this guy and Rich Lowry, conservatives really seem to have a complex about other people looking down on them.

"This person thinks they are better than me! That's unacceptable. They are worse than me. How could they think they are better than me?! They are worse!"

It's like how sometimes 5 year olds have trouble understanding other people exist, and that other people can be entitled to their own feelings. A lot of these articles come across like. "Lookit these assholes going through their lives somewhat successfully. I bet they wouldn't like me! How dare they refuse to recognize my blinding brilliant whiteness greatness."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah this won't be bad

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

After hearing some right wing relatives today and pondering on it, I realized something: I have literally never once heard a word about Al Sharpton from anyone other than old white racists and their associated Outrage Outlets.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Orbital laser superweapon that we never actually get to fire in a combat scenario?

Sorry, USS Grover is already reserved for combat laser weaponry.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

After hearing some right wing relatives today and pondering on it, I realized something: I have literally never once heard a word about Al Sharpton from anyone other than old white racists and their associated Outrage Outlets.

Al Sharpton Is Really Awful. http://youtu.be/BPUVVRi1mOI

He's boilerplate often but I have nothing against him.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I really hope he gets some ridiculously over powered experimental weapon named after him or something. The sort of thing military nuts would've been creaming their pants over otherwise.

USS island-sized dreadnought Barack H. Obama

War of the worlds style deathray tripod Barack H. Obama

I want to live in a world where Metal Gear OBAMA exists.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The fat dude from Good Burger does a pretty funny impression of him.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah this won't be bad

No worries, here's MLK addressing Ferguson:

Martin Luther King, Jr posted:

It is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. 

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah this won't be bad

God, he is so loving racist.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

CommieGIR posted:

God, he is so loving racist.

I think the dude on the right is supposed to be one of Napolean Dynamite's Uncles or something.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Screaming Idiot posted:

Metal Wolf Obama

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^
I should have refreshed the page. I totally want to see Metal Wolf with a giant Obama O on it!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I hadn't even considered this and yeah, I think that's easily the best possible option.

"A nuclear strike just hit the enemy!"
"Thanks, Obama!"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ErIog posted:

Man, between this guy and Rich Lowry, conservatives really seem to have a complex about other people looking down on them.

"This person thinks they are better than me! That's unacceptable. They are worse than me. How could they think they are better than me?! They are worse!"

It's like how sometimes 5 year olds have trouble understanding other people exist, and that other people can be entitled to their own feelings. A lot of these articles come across like. "Lookit these assholes going through their lives somewhat successfully. I bet they wouldn't like me! How dare they refuse to recognize my blinding brilliant whiteness greatness."

The most fundamental basis for popular conservatism is spite against people they know are in fact better than them. People don't like to think of themselves as dumb, boorish bigots, so in response they cut down people who aren't. This is how 95% of talk radio works

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ErIog posted:

They view Real America like they view the caterers at their events. They need them to survive, but aren't about to let them ever act like they're on the same level.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

^^^^
I should have refreshed the page. I totally want to see Metal Wolf with a giant Obama O on it!

I hadn't even considered this and yeah, I think that's easily the best possible option.

"A nuclear strike just hit the enemy!"
"Thanks, Obama!"

I've just discovered the joy that is playing Dark Souls with the "THANKS OBAMA" mod.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah this won't be bad

He's going to do what the Boondocks cartoon did except even more tactless, isn't he

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Shout out to Ted Cruz and Fox News for their continued dedication to giving the most insane GOP maniacs the most attention and keeping the hilarity rolling.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:lol::lol::lol:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Spit out that lemon, Barry!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I love how eager the right is to make self proclaimed military heroes to be infallible. Except when they speak against the GOP.

btw Chris Kyle was a piece of poo poo in a ton of aspects, embellished the poo poo out of his service record, called Iraqis/Arabs sub-human scum and enjoyed killing them, took every chance possible to make himself rich off of his time as a SEAL, and knew literally nothing about PTSD and tried to masquerade as a expert in it.

That this movie gets so much press is loving atrocious when Ender's Game was sandbagged by OSC being a homophobic monster. Not to defend Card, but Chris Kyle is a complete piece of poo poo.

Oh, and every right wing poo poo uses the tagline "Kyle, the most lethal sniper in military history," which is complete bullshit.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 19, 2015

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Simo Häyhä supremacy.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Friendly reminder, Chris Kyle was beaten at his own game by a girl. Also, by some Finnish guy in just 100 days compared to Kyle's ten years, but even I think it's a bit unfair to compare anyone to what might be the literal Grim Reaper given physical form, so I tend to stick with the former. :v:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

pentyne posted:

I love how eager the right is to make self proclaimed military heroes to be infallible. Except when they speak against the GOP.

btw Chris Kyle was a piece of poo poo in a ton of aspects, embellished the poo poo out of his service record, called Iraqis/Arabs sub-human scum and enjoyed killing them, took every chance possible to make himself rich off of his time as a SEAL, and knew literally nothing about PTSD and tried to masquerade as a expert in it.

That this movie gets so much press is loving atrocious when Ender's Game was sandbagged by OSC being a homophobic monster. Not to defend Card, but Chris Kyle is a complete piece of poo poo.

Oh, and every right wing poo poo uses the tagline "Kyle, the most lethal sniper in military history," which is complete bullshit.

Could you extended a little further on this? I'm Chris Kyle illiterate but why is he such a hero? Why is he so or good or so bad?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tab8715 posted:

Could you extended a little further on this? I'm Chris Kyle illiterate but why is he such a hero? Why is he so or good or so bad?

Because he agrees with fuckers like the Tea Party, and he is a SEAL and a Sniper, which is like a masturbatory fantasy as far as veterans go for the Tea Party, and he was racist as poo poo.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Tab8715 posted:

He bragged about killing brown people. Comments abound of white trash saying they want to be just like him...such as, "I want to kill all mooslem".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is the movie right wing wank too?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tab8715 posted:

He was a soldier who killed a lot of people in Iraq. A large portion of the American populace accepts this fact completely uncritically and hails Kyle as a Good Guy who slaughtered a poo poo ton of Bad Guys.

Kyle was the kind of hyper macho dude who goes into bars and tells everyone in earshot what a billy badass he is. His estate keeps losing defamation lawsuits to Jesse Ventura because in his memoirs, Kyle claimed he punched out Ventura who was hating on the military and government in some dive bar. Making up stories about beating up peple who disagree with you is a hallmark of a emotionally stable and mature individual.

Kyle was involved in outreach for PTSD soldiers by taking them shooting. Since he was not a therapist, psychologist, or had any mental health training beyond the sheer oorah in his soul, this plan obviously backfired - because the most logical therapy for a mentally traumatized soldier is to take them to a place with a lot of gunfire and give them a weapon. When he died he was hailed as a right wing hero because, superficially, he didn't appear to be a giant piece of poo poo to chickenhawk flagwavers.

Kurtofan posted:

Is the movie right wing wank too?

Clint Eastwood makes pretty good movies but the source material is weak. The movie portrays Kyle far more sympathetically than he portrayed himself - in the film he's a conflicted hero, in his own words he gleefully engaged in what he felt was justified murder. He's one of those dudes who joins the army straight up because he wants to kill people.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 19, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Some choice quotes and info about Chris Kyle

“I couldn’t give a flying gently caress about the Iraqis.” “I hate the drat savages,”

Chris Kyle boasted of looting the apartments of Iraqi families in Fallujah

Kyle describes killing as “fun” and something he “loved” to do

And here is what happens when people call him out

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/cut-her-head-shocking-death-threats-you-can-receive-mocking-eastwoods-american

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Some choice quotes and info about Chris Kyle

“I couldn’t give a flying gently caress about the Iraqis.” “I hate the drat savages,”

Chris Kyle boasted of looting the apartments of Iraqi families in Fallujah

Kyle describes killing as “fun” and something he “loved” to do

And here is what happens when people call him out

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/cut-her-head-shocking-death-threats-you-can-receive-mocking-eastwoods-american

Its hilarious, because for as hosed up as ISIS is, at least they have the courage to act on their demented world view.

These guys just fantasize about being just like ISIS.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Chris Kyle also claimed to have gone to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina, where he said he was sniping the looters. This is of course not true, but is the kind of thing he thought would make him sound cool.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here is how Breitbart reports it

quote:

It’s unlikely that either Moore or Rogen, both of whom are grossly overweight, are familiar with the grueling regimen Cooper endured in order to respectfully represent the deceased Chris Kyle. It’s equally unlikely that either of them would have volunteered anything to make a sacrifice on behalf of veterans.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Chris Kyle also claimed to have gone to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina, where he said he was sniping the looters. This is of course not true, but is the kind of thing he thought would make him sound cool.

This is the part that is really indefensible. It's one thing to boast about killing people you claim are enemies in a war zone, it's another thing to brag about killing Americans in a disaster zone to make yourself look good to fringe lunatics.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Here is how Breitbart reports it

"Do you even lift bro?"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Rogen and Moore have nothing on slim christian indian lady dancers.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Which is kind of funny, considering Rogen lost 30 pounds to do Green Hornet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

pentyne posted:

You forgot how he decided to completley tarnish another Seals, (well BUD's) reputation so that he could increase sales of his book. That man gave him a chance to take it back but Kyle wouldn't now that man is still defamed despite winning a defamation suit.