Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
That would be an awesome thing to be able to do on higher tiers actually. I mean why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I'm glad they finally removed the pointless hunger system, even if temporarily. I sure love grinding meat so I can grind metals so I can grind parts so I can grind bosses so I can grind the next tier. At least it's one less thing to worry about!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Bob NewSCART posted:

I picture all the star bound devs in a room together for several hours just saying "well.. Should we make it faster?" And then someone else going "how much faster..?" Followed my several more hours of silence
Tighten up the graphics on level 3

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Well..., how do we do that? Everyone looks at eachother. Tiy picks up a keyboard and smashes it over the head of a nearby chucklefuck employee. Supernorn looks up from his screen where he's modelling alpacas and masturbating while giggling to himself. "What the gently caress?" Tiy looks at supernorn. Then he picks up a mouse and uses it like a lasso to pull supernorn from his cubicle and then gives him a raise and promotes him to the head of the programming team

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes:

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
Jesus christ you guys are terrible. What is the point in the thread if everyone is just saying "lol game is poo poo and everything they do and try is poo poo"? If this is representation of the player base then no wonder the devs seem to not give a gently caress.

If it is so loving awful then don't play it or better yet lets try and come up with some ideas to make the bad parts good?

The mining could be improved greatly with faster upgrades and different mining tools. A mining laser would be nice or mining robots that have a search for <ore type> and bring back a certain amount.
A scanner device that made ores glow would be ace as well.

I think stuff should need to be set up on a planet to allow for some of this stuff. Power generators to power mining bots and research stations to unlock tech upgrades or better ships. I can imagine setting up bots that will smooth out the land and from there you can land the ship and upgrade it as part of a process.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

eviljimmy posted:

Jesus christ you guys are terrible. What is the point in the thread if everyone is just saying "lol game is poo poo and everything they do and try is poo poo"? If this is representation of the player base then no wonder the devs seem to not give a gently caress.

If it is so loving awful then don't play it or better yet lets try and come up with some ideas to make the bad parts good?

The mining could be improved greatly with faster upgrades and different mining tools. A mining laser would be nice or mining robots that have a search for <ore type> and bring back a certain amount.

I think stuff should need to be set up on a planet to allow for some of this stuff. Power generators to power mining bots and research stations to unlock tech upgrades or better ships. I can imagine setting up bots that will smooth out the land and from there you can land the ship and upgrade it as part of a process.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

eviljimmy posted:

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

eviljimmy posted:

r u ok

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it

Blackheart posted:

I was posting updates and stuff, but yeah. Honestly, it takes like three seconds to type playstarbound.com into your internet browser, but even easier to endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Don't get me wrong, some people are trying to be constructive and make decent relevant posts but they are drowned out by people posting chucklefish hate slash fiction circlejerk posts.

I like this game, I have 168 hours on it so far and the nightlies have made it a much better experience. I reckon they need to up the sci fi. more robots and lasers and star trek poo poo and less stone walls and poop dungeons.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I would love for the Starbound community to have a serious week of Something Awful zero-tolerance banhammer rules to weed out the toxic people that appear to poo poo up every single news thread. I feel that it's not so much that the community is bad, it's just the vocal minority make everyone else not want to participate.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Or maybe the game is so boring the only people interested in it are the people who actively dislike it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I want to make this my avatar on the Starbound forums.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Do it, those were fun times.

I guess you could say that EvilJimmy is rustled.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

eviljimmy posted:

stuntwaffle posted:

Please don't troll the Starbound thread.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

Great Joe posted:

Or maybe the game is so boring the only people interested in it are the people who actively dislike it.

The game has plenty going for it and the building and loving about alone are good for the money I paid. If you are so bored then I suggest you go and play COD or WOW.

Rrussom posted:

Do it, those were fun times.

I guess you could say that EvilJimmy is rustled.

I am a bit but mainly I just want this thread to be good discussion over the Lore, mechanics content and Mods of the game that I casually enjoy. Like it probably should be, other threads get shut down waaaay before this stage.

eviljimmy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 19, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

eviljimmy posted:

The game has plenty going for it and the building and loving about alone are good for the money I paid. If you are so bored then I suggest you go and play COD or WOW.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blackheart posted:

it takes like two seconds out of my day to make fun of the game, come to my house and i'll show you how interested i really am beeyotch.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
If you continue Jimmy, im going to call the mods, and possibly Lowtax.

eviljimmy posted:

I am a bit but mainly I just want this thread to be good discussion over the Lore, mechanics content and Mods of the game that I casually enjoy. Like it probably should be, other threads get shut down waaaay before this stage.

Fair enough, I'll start.

Lore is poo poo, Mechanics is poo poo, and the ponex/dragon dildo mods are the only good ones.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It really takes zero effort to look at the website and see the daily news updates. That would be the first thing I'd do if I wanted to check up on a game in development, but maybe that's just me expecting too much out of people.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Blackheart posted:

It really takes zero effort to look at the website and see the daily news updates. That would be the first thing I'd do if I wanted to check up on a game in development, but maybe that's just me expecting too much out of people.

Source Norns quotes next time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dammit Rrussom you ruined it

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Dammit Rrussom you ruined it

how nobody remembered them is beyond me, i caught it on the first one.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

eviljimmy posted:

I suggest you go and play COD or WOW.

Oh my god, you actually did it.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Does Starbound actually have "Lore"?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Space Bat posted:

Does Starbound actually have "Lore"?

no, it has a substitute though.
its called Bore.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

eviljimmy posted:

If there were things to talk about, we would probably do so. But I just scanned through the first big post of January on their site and all I see is "We’re looking at" or "We plan to remedy this" or "We’re going to." Nothing concrete beyond "mini-dungeons!" and "Removed hunger/temperature!" which is hardly something to chew on. So with the huge fluctuation in the development, how can there be discussion on the things you want to talk about when nothing has been set in stone for at least half a year?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

eviljimmy posted:

how rude

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Blackheart posted:

I would love for the Starbound community to have a serious week of Something Awful zero-tolerance banhammer rules to weed out the toxic people that appear to poo poo up every single news thread. I feel that it's not so much that the community is bad, it's just the vocal minority make everyone else not want to participate.

The last time there was possibility of serious discussion for this game was when they were about to release their first stable build and we all got to try it out. Since then there's been too many unfulfilled expectations and missed deadlines. It's been clear when they decided to go for unstable/nightly builds that the only thing to do was wait for the game to have a proper release, and then look at it for what it is.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

eviljimmy posted:

I know a lot of other posters have already made this clear, but just in case you haven't gotten the message yet you suck a whole lot.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

eviljimmy posted:

I suggest you go and play COD or WOW.
:captainpop:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

StarMinstrel posted:

The last time there was possibility of serious discussion for this game was when they were about to release their first stable build and we all got to try it out. Since then there's been too many unfulfilled expectations and missed deadlines. It's been clear when they decided to go for unstable/nightly builds that the only thing to do was wait for the game to have a proper release, and then look at it for what it is.

Supernorn posted:

The fact is, with a few exceptions you sucked any fun out of me posting here. I wasn't required to. I'm a goon that just happens to be contributing to a game that I enjoy working on. You can't really expect me to take this thread seriously when you guys are just showing utter contempt towards me, the game or any reasonable means towards a discussion. So I'm going to peace out and you guys can continue doing whatever it is you think this is. Merry Christmas!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Blackheart posted:

I want to make this my avatar on the Starbound forums.

What's stopping you? I got a D&D av, go hog wild

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Supernorn posted:

You guys don't like Alpacas I guess. Huh.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rrussom posted:

The fact is, with a few exceptions you sucked any fun out of me posting here. I wasn't required to. I'm a goon that just happens to be contributing to a game that I enjoy working on. You can't really expect me to take this thread seriously when you guys are just showing utter contempt towards me, the game or any reasonable means towards a discussion. So I'm going to peace out and you guys can continue doing whatever it is you think this is. Merry Christmas!

I took me a second to realize that this post is to Starbound as Octopod's "I'm sorry reality doesn't fall neatly... etc" post is to Star Citizen. Can I have the original please? I'm new to this thread and would like a couple laughs at some moron's expense.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

You guys really don't like alpacas huh

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

I took me a second to realize that this post is to Starbound as Octopod's "I'm sorry reality doesn't fall neatly... etc" post is to Star Citizen. Can I have the original please? I'm new to this thread and would like a couple laughs at some moron's expense.

Supernorn posted:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gosh darnit you know what I meant! I want context motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Chomp8645 posted:

Gosh darnit you know what I meant! I want context motherfucker.

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded and, well, some people like that sort of thing. So much, in fact, they will work for the company that makes it and get buttmad when they fall flat on their face while trying to handwave away the fact that

Starbound - it's poo poo, it's gay, it's loving retarded

• Locked thread