Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Really feel like the AR15 needs a 30 round magazine, because it's absolutely godawful as a primary and no other class ends up with such a garbage T1. :(
I like it a lot

It's much better than the Medic pistol when the extra commando damage kicks in, and it has a much more forgiving ammo pool than the shotgun. It's at least good enough that you shouldn't have to ditch it for a bullpup immediately on wave 2. Ammo is super cheap for it, too.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well the other level 10 perk is pretty poo poo so its kind of a no brainer to take it.

Most of the zerk perks are kinda bad.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like that there's a sign in BioLabs telling people not to swim in the Clot Mother tank because the liquid in it is not water :gonk:

My favorite is the screens in the frozen outpost detailing the outbreak, and that "SWAT monkeys" were deployed to one of the outbreaks (can't remember which one).

I realize that it's probably the (supposedly highly trained) former occupants of the outpost were probably making fun of local SWAT units, but I like the idea that before Horzine thought of the idea to just deputize and pay survivors (in company script) to clean up the mess they first tried sending trained howler monkeys out to fight the zeds.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system

What do you think the DLC for this game is going to be, dude?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Geight posted:

What do you think the DLC for this game is going to be, dude?

especially since the game already has literal hats

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

don't even ironically suggest a loving hat system

I have some bad news for you...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Thoughts on the combat shotgun to make it useful: give it slug ammunition or exploding shells instead of the bog standard buckshot that all other shotguns get, with and associated per-shot damage increase and maybe bonus punchthrough?

This makes it a weapon with significantly higher damage output at the cost of requiring aiming instead of just pointing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alkydere posted:

My favorite is the screens in the frozen outpost detailing the outbreak, and that "SWAT monkeys" were deployed to one of the outbreaks (can't remember which one).

I realize that it's probably the (supposedly highly trained) former occupants of the outpost were probably making fun of local SWAT units, but I like the idea that before Horzine thought of the idea to just deputize and pay survivors (in company script) to clean up the mess they first tried sending trained howler monkeys out to fight the zeds.

It should be very obvious that horzine is always literal and has no sense of humor. If they said swat monkeys were deployed, then specially trained and armed monkeys were deployed.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I think the Varmint rifle is pretty good for a starter weapon/freebie you can pick up on the ground. Clicks heads off trash perfectly well even for somebody normally garbage at headclicking (I can headclick 20 for 20 so long as it's individual enemies, but the second you ask me to shoot the same head more than once :downsgun:).

Though I think it's burst could really use some work. If they made the Varmint rifle burst accurate enough to always land more than a single bullet into a bloat or siren's head without praying to RNGesus, it would give it a nice leg up and gimmick niche compared to the bigger guns that feel as much or more accurate even when in full auto.

The fact it is one of the spawns on the floor guns is why I don't expect them to really buff it all that much, if at all.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I also think the weapon switching takes a touch too long. It'd be especially great if I could switch to the syringe faster and if it had a larger hit box, so you could hit people with it from farther away. Anything to encourage non-medics to use it, really. Now that people are sprinting constantly, it's a bit harder to heal folks in the midst of a fire fight

Weapon switch speed is part of why I often find myself saying "gently caress it" and blowing away a lone clot with a shotgun rather than pull out the 9MM of machete. Though in a game like this I can see WHY they don't have quickswitch speeds because it makes the whole "Ammo managment" like more of a concern than "Oh I've run out of bullets while corned, I'll just pull out my second, and then third gun without breaking stride".

Maybe gunslinger will have a quickdraw talent? It would be thematic as well as more useful to them due to badass viddy game pistols not generally being known for their ammo capacity.

Metrohunter posted:

Every time I play Medic with pubbies, I usually end up dying by focusing on keeping my teammates alive and not having enough time to hide and recover myself. :(
Then they all start healing each other with their syringes after I die. Where's MY welfare healing? :argh:

Well obviously since you are dead you can't just wait for YOU to do it for them anymore :pseudo:

Also, the true terror of Horizone facilities I noticed while loving about solo.

No bathroom breaks allowed.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I'm more afraid of scrakes than fleshpounders at this point. Scrakes just ballerina spin everywhere and I can't get a head shot to save my life. At least fp sit still for half a sec.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Honestly I don't like either the ar15 or starting shotgun at all. I'd rather use the 9mm on those two classes and just jump to the t2. Medic and berserker t1s are fine though.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Ravenfood posted:

Honestly I don't like either the ar15 or starting shotgun at all. I'd rather use the 9mm on those two classes and just jump to the t2. Medic and berserker t1s are fine though.

just put the ar15 on single shot and then it's a more powerful 9mm with 5 more rounds in the mag. that said, the ar15 being slow firing, weak, and burst/semi only makes it really awkward and annoying to use as a primary imo

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 23, 2015

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

Ravenfood posted:

Hmm, the only one I don't like it's the medic, if I can find a shotty or ar right away, I'm happy. I am thankful for how easy it is to upgrade to the smg though.The others feel right for a starting weapon though as support I end up using the 9mm because I have no ammo discipline.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

So I was able to test my theory and I'm right. If you damage something with an off perk weapon than kill it with another weapon you get the full XP for both perks. Anyone that carries a medic pistol around should pull it out and shoot a round into a Scrake or FP to help level Medic.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

drat, I just had a ridiculously tense boss fight as a field medic. At first we managed to do well enough, but once he started charging around engaging people in melee half of our team got killed one by one. By that point I'd already pumped the entirety of my ammo for both the medic AR and shotgun into him and was down to whittling away with my pistol inbetween trying to keep the other two survivors healed up. Suddenly I noticed that a pump-action shottie had spawned in the room right next to me, so I dumped my now empty main weapon, picked it up, turned around, and:

http://gfycat.com/WarlikeWaterloggedCats
Kindly ignore the chatbox, I was too hyped to type properly :haw:

Also, since people were asking for more gifs, have a bunch:
http://gfycat.com/OblongUncommonFly
http://gfycat.com/SpecificValidBoar
http://gfycat.com/NeighboringNegligibleFantail
http://gfycat.com/AthleticGloomyBoar

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Here is how to win against Hans every time, by the way: have one person literally stood with their gun touching him and just circling around him while shooting. He'll whiff every attack. Everyone else alternates between shooting Hans and keeping the circle-strafer's HP up. When he pops smoke, the Medics should drop a heal grenade on the guy being leeched. When he goes red, everyone dumps their grenades on him when his last leech is over then just keep unloading on him.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I have no idea why but after a few seconds I just bust our laughing at this one.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Hahahahahaha, incredible

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

quote:

We have just pushed live a required update for Killing Floor 2 (client and servers) bringing it to builds 1006.

This update includes the following:

2 Server crash fixes
3 Client crash fixes

We are continuing to investigate and work on additional crash reports as they come in via the BugSplat reporting tool. Please make sure to send us as much detailed information about your system and crash using that tool.

Woop?

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????
If anyone's having trouble with recoil while aiming, do yourself a favor and open KFInput.ini in My Documents and increase ZoomedSensitivityScalar. It's set to 0.1 by default, which is way too low.

0.78 is a good starting point, though it's not perfect. In KF1, aiming sensitivity scaled down for guns with more zoom like the crossbow and up for guns with less zoom like the pistol, but for now in KF2 you'll have to compromise and make one universal aiming sensitivity for everything.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 31, 2022

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Anyone getting random stutters/1-3s freezes while playing the game?

Happens really often when changing between players in spectator mode.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Random thought here: But would they even do holiday events or Objective Modes in KF2? Even though the objective mode was more a tail-end thing, it was interestin' enough.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

widespread posted:

Random thought here: But would they even do holiday events or Objective Modes in KF2? Even though the objective mode was more a tail-end thing, it was interestin' enough.

Yeah, it was datamined at the same time that we found out about other bosses that there would be other game modes too, like Hack the Computer and things like that.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

I get stutters during the beginning of certain waves if I'm near the spawn areas

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So will we get a steam workshop during SEA? Is that even doable? I'm just wondering when the custom maps will start rolling out and how they'll be integrated (not that I expect them anytime soon).

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Tamayachi posted:

Yeah, it was datamined at the same time that we found out about other bosses that there would be other game modes too, like Hack the Computer and things like that.

Also the matchmaker has a "game mode" option. Survival is the only choice it gives you but the fact that it's there implies they're gonna do something with it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

I did at the beginning. All I had to do was turn down the graphics settings a tiny bit and it became silky smooth.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Opposing Farce posted:

Also the matchmaker has a "game mode" option. Survival is the only choice it gives you but the fact that it's there implies they're gonna do something with it.

Survival and Hardcore Survival where all the traders have been removed and you must scavenge for everything during a single, nonstop wave. Which is also a time trial.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

I've been having it happen when I first join a server, especially once I start connecting with my crew near the resupply pod. Every time I think "I should turn down the detail next round" and every time it clears up almost instantly, causing me to forget to test turning down the settings next round.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

UltraVariant posted:

I did at the beginning. All I had to do was turn down the graphics settings a tiny bit and it became silky smooth.

It's already silky smooth for me except when those stutters occur. I have a consistent fps of 60. Mind posting your settings?

Also my specs are

i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GTX 970
8 GB RAM

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: ^ My specs except I haven't OC'd the 2500k so it's 3.3.

The only freezes/stutters I get are when I buy a new commando weapon for the first time in a match or maybe lauch of the game. When I leave the trader and it automatically switches there's a half-second stutter and then it resumes. That's it, I don't get any others in the game.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I didn't really get to play it all that much but the objective mode in KF1 was neat and I hope it's better implemented this time around.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

However will I know if this game presents the authentic Killing Floor experience

*joins a server where the group has elected to weld themselves into a three-metre wide stairwell at the start of the 6th round*

ah there we go

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

After a couple rounds I sometimes get this odd bug where disco flashes start throwing about. It's not the card overheating/failing because it happens in a way that suggests it is the engine that has the issue. The lights that pop in for a sec can have any color of the rainbow and will properly reflect off whatever they are shining on. This is on a r9 270 with an 2500K.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

It's already silky smooth for me except when those stutters occur. I have a consistent fps of 60. Mind posting your settings?

Also my specs are

i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz
GTX 970
8 GB RAM

It may be a memory related thing, either reading data from your harddrive or pulling it out of ram. Make sure your hdd is not heavily fragmented or worn out physically and that your rams rate is up to what it should be.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 31, 2022

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mindblast posted:

After a couple rounds I sometimes get this odd bug where disco flashes start throwing about. It's not the card overheating/failing because it happens in a way that suggests it is the engine that has the issue. The lights that pop in for a sec can have any color of the rainbow and will properly reflect off whatever they are shining on. This is on a r9 270 with an 2500K.

May not be overheating but that is DEFINITELY gpu artifacting. Latest drivers, etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

az posted:

It may be a memory related thing, either reading data from your harddrive or pulling it out of ram. Make sure your hdd is not heavily fragmented or worn out physically and that your rams rate is up to what it should be.

I actually think it might be HDD related. The current HDD I use for my games is like 5 years old now.

Might be time for a new one.