Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Slithery D posted:

I just found out I only get 20%. :negative:

That sucks :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

The Slithery D posted:

I just found out I only get 20%. :negative:

Look up the codes, and if it isn't legit, appeal.

If it's as per the code, you can appeal anyway, because sometimes there's previous rulings and poo poo that they overlook that you're entitled to.

Sometimes, depending on if you are still in and want desperately to get the gently caress out for example, it can be better to take it and appeal it later.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

LCL-Dead posted:

From the Destiny forum or reddit, not sure as the original link wasn't provided:

Context: Bungie went through and banned a good amount of people for network manipulation/cheating and now their forums/reddit are spammed with "BUT WHY ME?!"

I used to moderate those forums... I see nothing had changed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
this air force guy used to moderate the destiny forums ha what a dweeb

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have PTSD when I hear 60hz fans from my time as a sonar tech.

STS2(SS) ded

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

I have PTSD when I hear 60hz fans from my time as a sonar tech.

STS2(SS) ded

2silent2deep

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

A Kpro posted:

I used to moderate those forums... I see nothing had changed.

like a nerd trump card

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

So I met up with an old friend from Germany and found out that a mutual friend of ours got nailed by CID for purchasing X on the local economy and shipping it back to a friend in the US to distribute. He also sold some locally along with another soldier. She got caught selling to a CID agent and rolled over on him. He's now serving a 25 year sentence in Leavenworth, Kansas.

quote:

Vilseck-based soldier gets 25 yearsfor distributing 13,000 Ecstasy pills
By Lisa Horn
Stars and Stripes
Published: September 18, 2003

A Vilseck, Germany-based soldier will spend the next 25 years behind bars for selling and distributing the popular party drug Ecstasy.

In a two-day jury trial last week, Army Pvt. Christopher Peiffer was found guilty of distributing 13,000 Ecstasy pills over an 18-month period, according to Capt. Brian Sardelli, lead prosecutor in the case.

The lengthy sentence is equivalent to the crime, Sardelli said.

“From the government’s perspective, I think it’s a just sentence, considering the number of pills he was found in possession of,” Sardelli said. “Twenty-five years is a long time to serve, but the thing that stands out is just the number of pills.

“This is not your average case of 1,500 pills or something like that.”

Peiffer, a former soldier with the Headquarters, Headquarters Company of the 2nd Battalion, 63rd Armor Regiment, was also given a dishonorable discharge, reduced in rank to E-1 and ordered to forfeit all pay and allowances.

According to court testimony, before he enlisted in the Army Peiffer devised a plan to distribute the drug along with Christopher Yerbey, a friend in Alabama.

The two would go to Amsterdam, buy the pills and Peiffer would ship the pills back to the States for Yerbey to distribute.

“Pvt. Peiffer would take [the Ecstasy] back to the Vilseck area, and ship it via UPS where … Yerbey would sell it,” Sardelli said. “My understanding was … Pvt. Peiffer was also skimming off the top and selling here.”

After being tipped off by a confidential informant, Criminal Investigative Command officials caught Peiffer last October with 4,600 Ecstasy pills in his barracks room.

Peiffer is being held at the U.S. Army Confinement Facility at Mannheim, where a final decision will be made as to where he will serve his prison term, Sardelli said.

“My understanding is, because of the sentence, that he will be sent to [Fort] Leavenworth [Kan.],” he said.

There are currently 28 inmates out of a population of 450 at the Fort Leavenworth U.S. Disciplinary Barracks who are confined for drug possession, drug use or trafficking. All inmates at the prison must have a sentence of at least seven years and one day in order to be confined there.

Yerbey was extradited to Germany where he was convicted and is currently serving a 3½-year jail term at a German confinement facility.

During their investigation, CID agents discovered a second Vilseck soldier was also distributing Ecstasy tablets.

The soldier, Pvt. Michelle Lord of the 201st Forward Support Battalion, was caught selling the tablets to an undercover CID agent. She was convicted in April and sentenced to 44 months in prison.

She also was called to testify against Peiffer at his court-martial.

The information from the investigation has been shared with other law enforcement officials in the hope that the two dealers in Amsterdam who sold to Peiffer will also be apprehended, Sardelli said.

Ell Oh loving Ell

The funny thing is he wasn't a bad guy, he just thought he was a bit smarter than the people who were in charge. He also was guilty of buying a lowered, eighth-hand Joe BMW 318i that had to be rescued a couple of times when he high centered it on those gravel pulloffs that were common in Bavaria.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Arishtat posted:

So I met up with an old friend from Germany and found out that a mutual friend of ours got nailed by CID for purchasing X on the local economy and shipping it back to a friend in the US to distribute. He also sold some locally along with another soldier. She got caught selling to a CID agent and rolled over on him. He's now serving a 25 year sentence in Leavenworth, Kansas.

Ell Oh loving Ell

The funny thing is he wasn't a bad guy, he just thought he was a bit smarter than the people who were in charge. He also was guilty of buying a lowered, eighth-hand Joe BMW 318i that had to be rescued a couple of times when he high centered it on those gravel pulloffs that were common in Bavaria.

The US Merchant Marine Academy had something like that. One cadet had a bunch of his friends on ships going to northern Europe grab pills and he would sell them in the US. He was caught when his girlfriend sold him out.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/938652/posts

lightpole fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 1, 2015

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Arishtat posted:

Hah, dude gets 25 in Leavenworth while his accomplice gets 3.5 in Eurojail.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

cult_hero posted:

Hah, dude gets 25 in Leavenworth while his accomplice gets 3.5 in Eurojail.

Pretty sure the Euro punishment is not served concurrently or take the place of any US punishment.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Arishtat posted:

Ell Oh loving Ell

he should be hung from the neck until dead for thinking a 318i was a cool car to own

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

lightpole posted:

The US Merchant Marine Academy had something like that. One cadet had a bunch of his friends on ships going to northern Europe grab pills and he would sell them in the US. He was caught when his girlfriend sold him out.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/938652/posts

I love that even the freepers are calling him a moron.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fast attack guy takes selfies in reactor spaces and with plot table, sends to chief, is surprised by crushing fist of God falling upon him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173842/U-S-sailor-charged-taking-photos-inside-nuclear-submarine.html

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MANGOSTEEN CURES P posted:

Fast attack guy takes selfies in reactor spaces and with plot table, sends to chief, is surprised by crushing fist of God falling upon him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173842/U-S-sailor-charged-taking-photos-inside-nuclear-submarine.html

It's guys like this that make life even more poo poo for the guys still on them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The timeline of that investigation makes zero sense to me.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Godholio posted:

The timeline of that investigation makes zero sense to me.

went on the back burner due to beating the sexual assault problem

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's a very Air Force thing of the Navy to do.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Godholio posted:

That's a very Air Force thing of the Navy to do.

Nah.. The Air Force thing to do would be to have a roving band of No Camera Phone secret police taking selfies with people who have camera phones in secure locations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I hope he gets 20 years lmao

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Tell me thats lube

Lie to me if you have to.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On an unrelated note, what happened to that British sailor who publicized (whistleblowing, in his own words) a bunch of stuff about UK nukes as part of his aspirations to be the next Snowden or whatever? Tried to search for it but came up empty.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

suboptimal posted:

Tried to search for it but came up empty.

MI5 must be doing its job

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

MI5 must be doing its job

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Genocide Tendency posted:

Tell me thats lube

Lie to me if you have to.
It's lube.

Lube you would use for fisting.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bond is MI6. MI5 is internal security.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

suboptimal posted:

On an unrelated note, what happened to that British sailor who publicized (whistleblowing, in his own words) a bunch of stuff about UK nukes as part of his aspirations to be the next Snowden or whatever? Tried to search for it but came up empty.

No charges or court-martial, just discharged. I guess the US equivalent world be a "good of the service" discharge.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That's a weird way to spell prison

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

joat mon posted:

No charges or court-martial, just discharged. I guess the US equivalent world be a "good of the service" discharge.

Oh come on now, your discussing the American military. He'd only get that if he was an officer. Enlisted would get E1, loss of benefits, dishonorable and avoid Leavenworth if he got on someone's good side or there was a bigger story in the media at the time to distract the public's goldfish memory.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

SumYungGui posted:

Oh come on now, your discussing the American military. He'd only get that if he was an officer. Enlisted would get E1, loss of benefits, dishonorable and avoid Leavenworth if he got on someone's good side or there was a bigger story in the media at the time to distract the public's goldfish memory.

I was trying to translate the characterization of his discharge into US terms, rather than guess what he'd get in the US. I guess we'll find out, though the US kid seems more stupid and less nutty, as opposed to his British counterpart.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

joat mon posted:

I was trying to translate the characterization of his discharge into US terms, rather than guess what he'd get in the US. I guess we'll find out, though the US kid seems more stupid and less nutty, as opposed to his British counterpart.

Par for the course

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

I would expect charges will happen.

We have a much stronger secrecy culture in the UK- it may be that there is a court injunction to prevent any more reportage of the case, and a super-injunction to prevent reportage of that injunction or itself.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Americans have the history of crucifying those who release info and poo poo. Example: despite Ryan Anderson wanting to join the Talibad and all that poo poo, he was caught giving unclassified documents to agents. poo poo you can pull online.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Filboid Studge posted:

I would expect charges will happen.

We have a much stronger secrecy culture in the UK- it may be that there is a court injunction to prevent any more reportage of the case, and a super-injunction to prevent reportage of that injunction or itself.

He's still a bit of a nutbag but http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/17/trident-whistleblower-william-mcneilly-discharged-from-royal-navy

The Guardian posted:

McNeilly has not been heard from since he handed himself in to the police at Edinburgh airport on 18 May, the day after his story broke. While absent without leave, he had posted a dossier online alleging 30 flaws on the submarines that carry Britain’s nuclear warheads and warning that Trident was “a disaster waiting to happen”.

The navy described his dossier as “subjective and unsubstantiated” and launched an inquiry that concluded by dismissing his allegations as “factually incorrect or the result of misunderstanding or partial understanding”. But now he has hit back, fiercely defending the accuracy of what he said.

All but three of the safety flaws he highlighted were “either witnessed or read in documented reports on the patrol,” he says. The remaining three “were accurate reports of what was described to me by experienced submariners.”

“Other submariners have been anonymously releasing information to journalists. It’s only a matter of time before worse information comes out, and everything is proven to be true,” he adds.

“All of the charges against me were dropped; there’s nothing that I can be charged with now. Most people know that I acted in the interest of national security. However, I was still given a dishonourable discharge from the Royal Navy.”

He was discharged “on the claim that my sole aim was to discredit their public image”, he says. “The truth is I view the Royal Navy as the greatest navy in history.”

Nah he'll be fine, there's not going to be any ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ a spy with MI6 and Government Communications Headquarters, was found decomposing inside a padlocked duffle bag in his bathtub. Despite the obvious implications of that statement, police have closed the case, saying Williams "most probably" died accidentally alone. http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/11/death-british-spy-found-duffle-bag-was-probably-accident-police-day/71542/

Oh dear.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Got a third of the way into Command and Control today and it seems miraculous that we didn't have any kind of accidental detonation during the fifties.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It kind of is. There are documentaries dedicated solely to how goddamn close we came to exploding each other.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Got a third of the way into Command and Control today and it seems miraculous that we didn't have any kind of accidental detonation during the fifties.

Quite possibly one of the most terrifying books I have ever read.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Smiling Jack posted:

Quite possibly one of the most terrifying books I have ever read.

Jet fuel does melt nuclear weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Jet fuel does melt nuclear weapons.

Anything rocket fuel doesn't melt, it causes to spontaneously combust!