Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

fnordcircle posted:

Cool - yeah this was the level I was thinking about pledging, thanks.

It says 9 days left, I'm not sure how these things work - it doesn't say that the $235 pledge is limited so am I safe to wait a week for budget reasons?

The money isn't transferred until about 5 minutes after the project ends, so you could put the pledge in now and still be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
There's going to be a pledge manager setup running after the official KS ends anyway. So you could back at $1 or whatever which will be charged when the KS ends but increase your pledge later (with the exception of the limited reward tiers).

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Awesome - thanks! I've put myself on a mini-buying budget because I've spent *cough* *cough* dollars on minis this year and it's out of control so this is good to know.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm doing the same thing, dropping down to $1 and giving up my first wave spot and just wait as long as possible to confirm my pledge. Hopefully they allow the full army deals, those are some crazy prices and the Asterians look pretty sweet, but I've got lots of Enforcers and Veermyn coming from the Deadzone campaign.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They won't allow you to upgrade to the Tyrant level, but the mid level should be ok.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah no worries if they don't, I just want enough models to have a couple of good size forces for my buddies to use. But those prices, drat.

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
Daedleh

Please can you confirm if one if the super secret KoW armies will be pirates?

Or if you can't expressly confirm can you advise me whether I should keep mutilating my pirate figures to turn them into zombie pirates or can the terror reign of clipping limbs and filing faces end?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Can I play my Chaos Daemons in Warpath?

Set
Oct 30, 2005

glitchkrieg posted:

Has anyone played Mars Attacks and is it any good? I love the Mars Attacks franchise and I'm tempted to grab it for a pretty self-contained tabletop game to play with a friend or two.

I've gotten several of my not-really-tabletop-gaming-friends to try it and they have all gotten pretty into it. The alcohol might have helped as well, to be honest. :v:

Rules-wise it's a stripped down Deadzone without the third dimension or the morale rules and such. Very fast, very deadly with some funny card mechanics as well. You can have giant robots throwing in cars into the gamezone, or a herd of burning cows just rampaging over everything. The rule-book comes with a campaign where they introduce more and more special characters into the game, representing the humans starting to react to the martian invasion. They also sell decks for both the martians and the humans for Deadzone, which means you can either plop them into the future or just play Mars Attacks with more complex rules. They have also released some expansion packs which seem interesting, as well as a mass warfare game, I think. One of the best things with the game is that the martians actually come with the transparent helmets, which is great!

I like the game at least, it's a small and easy wargame with decent miniatures in a self-contained package that can be expanded if you want to.

I should post some pics of my painted set, when I find the time to take it out of the box.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Martians will be usable in warpath as well

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Phoon posted:

NOW I'm interested.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Don't start on pirates. We may or may not have been joking.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Haha and with a belt too

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Hat hedge looks like a poo from that arse crack

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Big Willy Style posted:

That hedge looks like a poo from that arse crack

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Has the KS moved at all today? I swore I woke up and I was like "yeah, almost 320k!" and now it's ... Almost 320k?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spiderdrake posted:

Has the KS moved at all today? I swore I woke up and I was like "yeah, almost 320k!" and now it's ... Almost 320k?

$16 today so far according to Kicktraq!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It just slipped over the $320,000 line. They're teasing the possibility of the Asterian flyer as the stretch goal after $330,000. That thing looks cool as heck.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So the Asterian tank APC is now an Asterian flyer? Makes sense I guess, as long as they're still getting an actual hover tank

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

So the Asterian tank APC is now an Asterian flyer? Makes sense I guess, as long as they're still getting an actual hover tank

Oh I have no idea what its actual combat role or accurate description is. It just looked like something that would be a flyer/hover vehicle and I called it as such.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atlas Hugged posted:

Oh I have no idea what its actual combat role or accurate description is. It just looked like something that would be a flyer/hover vehicle and I called it as such.

They're calling it a flyer and troop transport in the update text and comments, pretty sure when the art first came out a year ago it was a hover tank/apc

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I've read through the Warpath open Alpha document and it looks like a fun system. The Kickstarter is a bit overwhelming, no idea what tier to buy in at. I'm tempted to go for the $125 tier and take Operation Heracles and a the enforcer flyer, maybe with something from the battlezones to bulk out the terrain.

I've not really got any idea about how the different forces will play from the Kickstarter. Well, I know the Plague are the horde army but it looks like the Enforcers, Forge Fathers and Asterians are all going to be small, elite forces. Not sure if there's anyone with Daedleh's sort of access to the Warpath side of things who could shed a bit more light?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Phoon posted:

Bringing this back: is there any sort of official announcement about this happening?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

From discussions in the alpha threads, the Forge Fathers are supposed to be the smallest and elitest army, followed by the Enforcers. I think the Asterians are more towards the middle, with the GCPS, while Veermyn are towards the horde, and Plague are outright horde.

FF are small numbers of tough bastards in the toughest armour, Enforcers are similar but they have second rate FF armour encasing their genetically altered tough bastards, the Asterians are mysterious and their stuff is pretty advanced, but they're still using fair numbers of remote controlled robits, GCPS is your standard human army of standard humans in standard numbers with the best unpowered armour and equipment a standard human can reasonably fight in, while the Rats use large numbers of infantry still wearing armoured suits, and the Plague just has masses of meat occasionally covered in bone armour.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 4, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Bringing this back: is there any sort of official announcement about this happening?

Kickstarter comments from Mantic. List will be a pdf on the website

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Phoon posted:

Kickstarter comments from Mantic. List will be a pdf on the website

I'm so going to get some Martians and Plague them up.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
What's the minimum level I can back to get electronic rule books for warpath? I refuse to buy any more mantic models until my first wave kings of war stuff shows up, but I would really like a better game to use my 40k models with.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drgnvale posted:

What's the minimum level I can back to get electronic rule books for warpath? I refuse to buy any more mantic models until my first wave kings of war stuff shows up, but I would really like a better game to use my 40k models with.

$1

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

drgnvale posted:

Drop me an email at nickjwilliams1987@gmail.com with your KoW email address and I'll do some prodding for you.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Thanks for the info! As luck might have it, my local gaming club is running a Mars Attack! intro night at the end of the month, so I'll give it a go then. Mantic are really trying to push their product on us since Ronnie's visit the other month - and it's definitely working :v

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

From discussions in the alpha threads, the Forge Fathers are supposed to be the smallest and elitest army, followed by the Enforcers. I think the Asterians are more towards the middle, with the GCPS, while Veermyn are towards the horde, and Plague are outright horde.

FF are small numbers of tough bastards in the toughest armour, Enforcers are similar but they have second rate FF armour encasing their genetically altered tough bastards, the Asterians are mysterious and their stuff is pretty advanced, but they're still using fair numbers of remote controlled robits, GCPS is your standard human army of standard humans in standard numbers with the best unpowered armour and equipment a standard human can reasonably fight in, while the Rats use large numbers of infantry still wearing armoured suits, and the Plague just has masses of meat occasionally covered in bone armour.

Thanks that was kinda what I thought. Continuing my dumb questions how mobile are forces, can Enforcers reliably redploy with their flyers mid-game? Also from folks with Battlezones how much will the various sets make? Terrain sounds important, is the $70 option going to be enough for an interesting match for a smallish game?

I know I'm asking based on a so far unpointed alpha release but if anyone can help its much appreciated.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Thanks, I'll go in for $1 now and adjust later.

Daedleh posted:

Drop me an email at EMAIL with your KoW email address and I'll do some prodding for you.

Thanks, I'll do this too.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Asterian flyer is cool, but I really want to see at least a concept for a GCPS vehicle, as it can pull triple duty for Rebs and Plague.

Also, I am regretting missing the Deadzone Infestation kickstarter. Is the pledge manager closed, or can I pay someone to add some stuff on for me?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

EdBlackadder posted:

Terrain sounds important, is the $70 option going to be enough for an interesting match for a smallish game?

This is the same as what you'd get by grabbing the core world and ruins battlezones for $70, except it has 2 more sprues each of the ruins and accessories, minus the 2 upgrade sprues.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
I preordered a KoW 2e gamers edition box, but when I opened it, it only had the books. I sent a missing parts message to Mantic, but haven't heard back since. It's been a couple weeks. :(

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

demota posted:

I preordered a KoW 2e gamers edition box, but when I opened it, it only had the books. I sent a missing parts message to Mantic, but haven't heard back since. It's been a couple weeks. :(

Drop me an email as well (nickjwilliams1987@gmail.com ) with a few details including when you sent the missing items and I'll do some poking.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I just realized you could do the new 3 battlegroup tier and end up with four armies of comparable sizes, with the free vehicle boosting either the Enforcers or the FF, and maybe an extra box of infantry for the other. This might be the best option for an area without anyone else who plays the game.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Right now I'm leaning towards the three battlegroup tier with Enforcers, Interceptors, and Asterians, grabbing an Asterian Vehicle with the vehicle slot assuming it gets unlocked. I really like Forge Fathers, too, but I'm trying to focus on a couple factions to start. They're top of the list if I can afford a fourth battlegroup, though!

Could grab the Starter instead of the Enforcer group, I suppose, though then I'd need to add on an Ajax strider and in general I'd rather have more Enforcers I think. They seem more my playstyle anyway.

Hmm. Considering a Protoss-inspired nice shiny gold for Asterians now, with a blue or teal. Hmmm.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 5, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I've lost the hammer head from my iron ancestor send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Phoon posted:

I've lost the hammer head from my iron ancestor send help

I've got two spare hammer heads from my Urban Pattern Iron Ancestors, but it might be a bit arduous to send one