Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What if I'm a videogame. Will you like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One does not simply "like" a "video game"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Magmarashi posted:

The videos were all nuked from the latest tube channel, did anyone grab them or were you all too goddamn busy circle-jerking about whatever the gently caress?

I did, I could throw it in a burner vid.me account later if anyone really wants it but I'm almost 100% sure someone out there already did something similar

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I can't wait to play Fallout 4 next week!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Frankston posted:

I admire your bravery! What sort of video game character do you hope to immerse yourself in, friend?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

gallilee posted:

This is it, this thread has turned into NMA.

NMA is quite tame in comparison to this thread, it more like Reddit or 4chan to be frank; just terrible.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

I'm getting the surgery to become video game so senpai will finally notice me

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

frajaq posted:

I did, I could throw it in a burner vid.me account later if anyone really wants it but I'm almost 100% sure someone out there already did something similar

If nothing else comes forth, could you please?

Back Hack posted:

NMA is quite tame in comparison to this thread, it more like Reddit or 4chan to be frank; just terrible.

This thread sure is...Something Awful

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Just go to https://vid.me/new (sometimes NSFW) for all your Fallout 4 video needs. Most are not HD, though.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Frankston posted:

I too am looking forward to playing Fallout 4 next week. I hope it is as good as Fallout 3 (which I also enjoyed).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm going to make a melee character, with an eye towards that perk that lets you bullrush people while wearing power armor.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

rap music posted:

I admire your bravery! What sort of video game character do you hope to immerse yourself in, friend?

I'll likely start with the basic, high agility small guns character which is my default go-to whenever I play Fallout games. I'd like to run with some kind of modified handgun, if it's viable to do so for the entirety of the game.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm going to make a melee character, with an eye towards that perk that lets you bullrush people while wearing power armor.

Melee looks great, especially if I can katana people in VATS like in the animes.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

ymgve posted:

Just go to https://vid.me/new (sometimes NSFW) for all your Fallout 4 video needs. Most are not HD, though.

https://vid.me/sHhw here's one might be spoilers i dunno

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Aren't there some Beth employee goons? Why won't they chime in?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I too am looking forward to playing Fallout 4 next week. I hope it is as good as Fallout 3 (which I also enjoyed).

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOOOOT

Protons fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 3, 2015

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Frankston posted:

I'll likely start with the basic, high agility small guns character which is my default go-to whenever I play Fallout games. I'd like to run with some kind of modified handgun, if it's viable to do so for the entirety of the game.

Gun Fu in the agility tree paired with that "crit saving" perk in luck will probably be super deadly. I was thinking of doing something like that with max charisma so I can force NPCs to do my bidding by waving a gun around.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Seashell Salesman posted:

There's another loading screen that helpfully informs you people use bottlecaps for currency in the post apocalyptic future. Who knew!

My older brother tried FO3, he had never played FO 1&2 and he just explored the wilderness for the first few hours, it was awhile before he figured out what the currency was. :kiddo:

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Old Story posted:

is there an easy way to cancel steam pre-orders? I will buy this game but not at full price.

Click support. Ask to cancel. They will refund you in full.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Shaquin posted:

Liking the Mateba stylings over the webley look of the previous titles if that's the 44.

Err, a few pages old but the previous two titles used the S&W Model 29 as their .44 and this new one has a lot more in common with the Taurus raging bull with the ventilation ribs on the underlug rather than on the top of the barrel. It never looked anything remotely like the webley, which is a break-top revolver with no barrel underlug or extractor shroud of any sort..

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Protons posted:

Aren't there some Beth employee goons? Why won't they chime in?

damage control

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Old Story posted:

You seem pretty upset. Looking at what's leaked I've decided I don't need to play this on day one and will wait until the first big sale or when DLC is packaged with it or something.

I also don't buy videogame hats! You're projecting a lot!

HATE VIDYAGAME HATS

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

How many total SPECIAL points do you get in FO4 because I'm theory crafting my build for launch.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

All I know so far is that I want 10 in Agi for Gun Fu and 7 in Luck for Crit Banker, so I can instantly explode multiple heads with a giant fuckoff revolver.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Back Hack posted:

r/fallout and r/fo4 have both been very positive and constructive, from what I can see.

I remember joining NMA after heavily getting into Fallout 3 at the time, my introduction to the series. The amount of times I was accused of trolling and threatened with bans just for defending the game was laughable - even now the FO3 forum over there is just a dumping ground for hate, which I thought would have died down. I feel like hatred of the new direction of Fallout is the only thing keeping that forum alive.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

rap music posted:

Melee looks great, especially if I can katana people in VATS like in the animes.

Is there actually video gameplay of melee out there? Link ples

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

rap music posted:

How many total SPECIAL points do you get in FO4 because I'm theory crafting my build for launch.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

What was the latest official gameplay shown? Did they ever show a longer (~5 minutes) chunk of gameplay anywhere or are the leaks the first time this game is being shown off?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Minorkos posted:

Is there actually video gameplay of melee out there? Link ples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nixt5DWz0t4

This only shows the Big Leagues perk but looking at the chart of perks there is some very interesting melee focused stuff. Hopefully the Blitz perk lets you use VATS to dart around like and slice poo poo to ribbons.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

rap music posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nixt5DWz0t4

This only shows the Big Leagues perk but looking at the chart of perks there is some very interesting melee focused stuff. Hopefully the Blitz perk lets you use VATS to dart around like and slice poo poo to ribbons.

Ah, I don't care about VATS personally. I'm too impatient to sit around and watch an animation to play out. That's why I was hoping to see some non-vats melee gameplay

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Minorkos posted:

Ah, I don't care about VATS personally. I'm too impatient to sit around and watch an animation to play out. That's why I was hoping to see some non-vats melee gameplay

There was a vid I saw yesterday of a guy running around shanking raiders with a dagger (no VATS) that looked really effective.

e: Here it is https://vid.me/C1JI

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

You start with 28. Can't go lower than 1.

Why go out of your way to be unhelpful man? I feel like that's a good representative for the thread. Not only negative but going out of it's way to make everyone else negative too.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
This game gonna be poo poo. Cant wait for my preorder to arrive!

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

It's very clearly not PC screenshots as you can see ABXY to select the dialog options.

edit: Ok it looks like some of them are PC shots and others aren't.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 3, 2015

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

rap music posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

All I know so far is that I want 10 in Agi for Gun Fu and 7 in Luck for Crit Banker, so I can instantly explode multiple heads with a giant fuckoff revolver.
You get 21 points to spend, with the option to increase a stat by one in lieu of a perk.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do we know if this is going to have low int dialogue?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

ModeSix posted:

It's very clearly not PC screenshots as you can see ABXY to select the dialog options.

A controller? On PC? Impossible!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

7c Nickel posted:

You start with 28. Can't go lower than 1.

Why go out of your way to be unhelpful man? I feel like that's a good representative for the thread. Not only negative but going out of it's way to make everyone else negative too.

You can level up your SPECIAL stats with perk points.

ModeSix posted:

Look at all the screenshots.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Is there an Imgur album with those PC screenshots? Neogaf is blocked here.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Fina posted:

Is there an Imgur album with those PC screenshots? Neogaf is blocked here.

http://imgur.com/gallery/FU730/new

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Fish Fry Andy posted:

You can level up your SPECIAL stats with perk points.

Look at all the screenshots.

Yeah I did. I think maybe the one with dialog selection is console (it looks like it's from the E3 presentation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we know if this is going to have low int dialogue?

Yes, *chortle* by default from beginning to end

• Locked thread