Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Gonkish posted:

VPN still won't let me connect to any relevant timezone. I blame all of you nerds.

every VPN is deader than gently caress, give up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Judge Tesla posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

Digital Foundry says both Xbox One and PS4 have issues but the PS4 has slightly less of them, which is good for a change.

Looks like no mention of the scope fps drop issues so maybe the patch fixed them.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
I was connected through Freedome and my game was unlocking.

At about 33% unlocked, my steam asked me to log back in.

When I tried to login, it told me my password or account name were not valid, and when I tried to reset my password, it said there were too many attempts.

Now I am logged back into steam without Freedome and it is redownloading half the game.

Ugh.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm connected with vypr but steam still is saying it's locked, am i missing something?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The vyprvpn client for those who can't access their site:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77852220/VyprVPN-2.7.8.6317-installer.exe

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Soral posted:

the narrative was thought provoking. 8.5/10

The thought was "this is poo poo."

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"Hey, we put an option right there in the open to change store regions, BUT DON'T EVER USE IT!"

it's what god did

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm connected with vypr but steam still is saying it's locked, am i missing something?

If you're connected to the perth server (the only one I've been able to get to work) that poo poo won't work because it's actually in singapore.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

ShadowMar posted:

can you imagine how pissed big retail stores would be at bethesda if they unlocked it world wide right now
HATE RETAIL

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm only paying attention to the GameTrailers review, they gave it a 9/10. I'm glad I bought the PC version, their review was the PS4 version and they mentioned a lot of performance issues. Also notable that I didn't know about was the dialog options. I'm glad the huge text dumps are gone now. A lot of long time Fallout fans are going to flip their poo poo, and No Mutants Allowed will hate this game now, but that is okay.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

so where's the next earliest place fallout 4 unlocks

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Pylons posted:

If you're connected to the perth server (the only one I've been able to get to work) that poo poo won't work because it's actually in singapore.

Like I said, there is nothing good about Perth unless you work as a miner.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I had to go into Steam settings and change the preferred DL to Aus, and my preferred store under Account to Aus.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
Well I am at the Fallout 4 main menu, however the game doesn't appear to detect my mouse or keyboard. What do?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mokinokaro posted:

Looks like no mention of the scope fps drop issues so maybe the patch fixed them.

That seems like an extension of the "has to load at zone boundaries" thing where if you zoom the scope to be looking at the next section over you'll be stuck loading everything just for the scope view.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Fergus posted:

Well I am at the Fallout 4 main menu, however the game doesn't appear to detect my mouse or keyboard. What do?

Unplug your controller?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
^^^^ :argh: ^^^

Fergus posted:

If you have a controller connected, then restart the game with it disconnected, maybe?

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Unplug your controller?

LOL gently caress ME

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Ubisoft would loving murder a school of infants to have the pass on bugs that most people give Bethesda

yeah seriously the reviews are all good but at some point they all mention the same bethesda bullshit. I really do not want something that runs at 24 FPS and gets me stuck on a piece of a rock or something so I'm gonna wait for everyone else's experiences to come through.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The game is no Witcher 3, but anybody who says this is "ugly" - particularly on Ultra - has an axe to grind.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I'm getting a crash right after I try launching the game, showing a fault with nvwgf2umx.dll. Any idea what might be causing it? Verified my cache, updated my video card drivers and even tried reinstalling DirectX but having no luck.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Fergus posted:

Got a controller plugged in?

e: gently caress

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Since it's going to be 9am, what other timezone will have this poo poo unlocked?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Unlocked it just fine (Use ghostvpn) however after first not finding my graphic cards at all the newest nvidia driver has hard-crashed two times when deciding on my stats :woop:

Now for trying out older drivers I guess. However on the plus side it runs reasonably on low to medium settings with a i7 4710hq and a gtx 860m

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
This is probably a dumb question but I was able to connect through a VPN, but even after restarting steam it would just give me the Pre-Load button for my game.

Would that mean I can't unlock it until the regular NA EST time? I got my key from GMG if that helps figure out why game won't unlock in NZ or AUS.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Tried it again via Melbourne, AU with VyprVPN. Worked out!

CruzerZERO fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 9, 2015

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

ATTENTION: New Zealand: I have stolen your internets for my nefarious purposes. If you ever want to see cat pictures and boobs again, unlock FO4 faster for me.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

tamphex posted:

I could care less what time it's released, as early tomorrow morning I'll be in hospital with a fibre optic camera in a tube shove up my arse.

Well, that's my Fallout 4 story.

Gives Twitch a whole new meaning.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

Unlocked it just fine (Use ghostvpn) however after first not finding my graphic cards at all the newest nvidia driver has hard-crashed two times when deciding on my stats :woop:

Now for trying out older drivers I guess. However on the plus side it runs reasonably on low to medium settings with a i7 4710hq and a gtx 860m

What country did you use? I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Yah if you restart steam after unlocking so you are back in normal timezone it says you cant load it even with game decrypted.

Pretty loving stupid.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Sylink posted:

Yah if you restart steam after unlocking so you are back in normal timezone it says you cant load it even with game decrypted.

Pretty loving stupid.

You need to reconnect the VPN, start the game, quit, then go offline. Don't go back online until tomorrow

Orv
May 4, 2011
WHO THE gently caress IS THIS NOT-RON-PERLMAN MOTHERFUCKER, -1,000,000/10

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Freedome wasn't working, so I tried Vyprvpn - after a few minutes I got it working. Ten minutes later and I'm almost unpacked.

So keep trying, don't give up!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That seems like an extension of the "has to load at zone boundaries" thing where if you zoom the scope to be looking at the next section over you'll be stuck loading everything just for the scope view.

I figured it was due to the LOD settings getting confused but that makes sense too

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
Alright just got into the character creator. Going to go grab a red bull and some breakfast and my marathon shall begin.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
Looks like VPN usage is starting to die down. I was just able to connect.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

futureproof posted:

Looks like VPN usage is starting to die down. I was just able to connect.

To which?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Downloading at like 1kb/s. Oh my God.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm gonna do some motherfucking studying and play this game when it is OFFICIALLY released in my time zone, 10 hours from now.

Suck it. *drops the mic*

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Is there a day one patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've managed to connect to the NZ VyprVPN server, but the game still just sits there and won't decrypt. :sigh:

• Locked thread