Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Bengals posters are good because you can still sense the terror and expected disappointment under the surface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Febreeze posted:

The Bengals posters are good because you can still sense the terror and expected disappointment under the surface

This is the best part of any fans having hope

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Lmao thank you for the new avatar

An expected cowardly deed considering the other Bengals fan in the Mizzou thread suggesting the guy protesting via hunger strike should just transfer to another school. God bless

BrownThunder fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 11, 2015

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Febreeze posted:

sounds like projection imo

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Ross Angeles posted:

Let me tell you about this guy named Drew Bledsoe.

I know most Pats fans don't know about him since they don't acknowledge the NFL before 2001, but he was pretty good.

Bledsoe was all right but he was well on his way to fully turning to stone by that point.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Everyone rolls their eyes about the stupid clickbait "which GoT character matches up with your nfl team?" crap but deep down we all want to make our own lists.

No cause it's poo poo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The best example was during the Bills/Jags game a few weeks ago, at halftime they had Jim Kelly in as a pundit, and they asked him about a team moving to London. He clearly hadn't been briefed at all, and just deadpanned "Nah, I've not heard anything about that."

I really doubt there'll ever be a franchise in the UK. It just creates way too many logistical problems.

That was the BBC. They unfortunately have the problem of having to fill a lot more time than SKY as the BBC are not allowed to run commercials.

But still, yeah awful

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

sounds like projection imo

I wear my expected disappointment on my sleeve bro, I don't hide it

the Giants are bad and the Eagles will probably win the division week 17 in heartbreaking fashion

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Febreeze posted:

the Giants are bad and the Eagles will probably win the division week 17 in heartbreaking fashion

To be fair...would you have the NFCE decided in any other way apart from in week 17...

Wouldnt be clownball otherwise, we would just be the AFC:S

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Bengals posters know the Ravens are going to win 8 games in a row and make the wildcard and then beat their team in the Divisional round of the playoffs

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CyberPingu posted:

That was the BBC. They unfortunately have the problem of having to fill a lot more time than SKY as the BBC are not allowed to run commercials.

But still, yeah awful

I did like they had cool little infographics explaining the rules beforehand.

I feel like American Football could be big here (or well, bigger than it is now), but I seriously doubt we'd get a franchise.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Move the Cowboys to London

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I feel like American Football could be big here (or well, bigger than it is now), but I seriously doubt we'd get a franchise.

I cant see teams wanting to do a trans atlantic flight that often, especially divisional teams.

Also I cant see it gaining enough momentum, sure the wembley games sell out usually but thats because they are uncommon, i cant see them selling enough tickets every 2nd week to make it worth it. People from outside London are not going to give much of a poo poo to see whatever reject they send over from the NFL.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

They should just bring back NFL Europe and have it be a D-League!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

I really doubt there'll ever be a franchise in the UK. It just creates way too many logistical problems.

The only way we could reasonably have an intercontinental league would be if hypersonic commercial air travel was waaaay more common.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Can there be anything more heartbreaking than the Matt Dodge punt?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Dubious posted:

Can there be anything more heartbreaking than the Matt Dodge punt?

I still don't understand how that punt was so devastating to the fanbase. We were tied and we were totally gonna lose that poo poo in overtime and the defensive failure in the final 8 minutes was the real culprit. gently caress, even though the punt was bad, DJax loving dropped it and the Giants special teamers still couldn't contain him. Dodge should have kicked it out of bounds but he gets all the blame for that game and he was like, 25% at most at fault.

I found the fuckup earlier this year against the Cowboys worse, honestly. That was a game we should have won that we basically sat back and said "Naw, here you go Dallas, have a freebie"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I really don't think a team in London would be that bad if they were in a division with team in the DC-> Boston area. They would just have to structure it so that the London team has like a 4-5 game homestand, then goes on the road for a month, then comes back to London or whatever. If they're going to be doing 8 London games a year starting in 2018 (I think this is correct), it's literally the same amount of transatlantic travel, actually a little less because the London team wouldn't be flying back every week.

It might help if they developed a replacement for the Concorde, and the NFL probably has the money to have one developed specifically for their own use. Air Roger One.

Also, if you get Europeans playing a lot more American football and get an influx of European talent like happened with hockey, adding enough teams that there can be a European division 20 years after that first team might not dilute the talent at all. It's not easy, but it's possible, so it's understandable they want to try.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 11, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LightReaper posted:

As to an actual question, do QBs often switch teams? I guess I'm asking if it's safe to look into a jersey or whether I should be worried about another team stealing Taylor away at the end of the season.

Not if they're good and healthy. He signed a 3 year contract with the Bills before the season, so unless he breaks somehing you should be safe.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Not if they're good and healthy. He signed a 3 year contract with the Bills before the season, so unless he breaks somehing you should be safe.

At the same time don't buy a jersey after 1 half a good season, especially at a position historically known for sadness like the Bills QB. Taylor might turn into the franchise but with how swiftly things change year to year I would never buy a jersey of a player not already firmly established.

Just get generic Bills gear like hats n poo poo. At least you can wear those all the time instead of just on gameday.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

This is the beauty of Raiders gear. It goes with everything :v:

Plus I'm probably gonna get a Woodson jersey soon. Still relevant, and provided he doesn't kill anyone in his last season or so, it becomes a HoFer jersey.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Febreeze posted:

At the same time don't buy a jersey after 1 half a good season, especially at a position historically known for sadness like the Bills QB. Taylor might turn into the franchise but with how swiftly things change year to year I would never buy a jersey of a player not already firmly established.

Just get generic Bills gear like hats n poo poo. At least you can wear those all the time instead of just on gameday.

All those wasted Tebow jerseys....

Ive basically taken to only buying jerseys of players who no longer play as the last 2 eagles jerseys i bought the players left the following offseason (McNabb and Jackson)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There's also always the concern that even if Taylor shows out well for the rest of the year, he could still later end up Kapping or Griffining.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Tyrod Taylor is a stopgap qb

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Blitz7x posted:

Tyrod Taylor is a stopgap qb

Hmmm, better than Alex Smith... nope, doesn't check out.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Bills right now are a kind of horrible glory.
The defense is not anywhere near as good as it should be but Tyrod has completely mutated the offense so that it is unrecognizable and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on anymore but it rules and is really exciting.

fsif posted:

There's also always the concern that even if Taylor shows out well for the rest of the year, he could still later end up Kapping or Griffining.

Perish the thought.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I've been waiting for the hammer to drop since week 3 and I'm getting scared.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My post was not facetious.

I always forget that you're a steelers fan

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Probably Magic posted:

Tyrod is like a top twenty QB in the league right now. Can Smith ever say he was the same? Certainly not in KC.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Febreeze posted:

This is really good advice, thank you. I'll hold off on the Taylor jersey and skip the generic gear as tbh it looks poo poo. That said, totally toxxing changing my Avatar and buying a jersey if Taylor takes us to the Super Bowl.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Probably Magic posted:

Bar, low, tripping etc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

I really don't think a team in London would be that bad if they were in a division with team in the DC-> Boston area. They would just have to structure it so that the London team has like a 4-5 game homestand, then goes on the road for a month, then comes back to London or whatever. If they're going to be doing 8 London games a year starting in 2018 (I think this is correct), it's literally the same amount of transatlantic travel, actually a little less because the London team wouldn't be flying back every week.

It might help if they developed a replacement for the Concorde, and the NFL probably has the money to have one developed specifically for their own use. Air Roger One.

Also, if you get Europeans playing a lot more American football and get an influx of European talent like happened with hockey, adding enough teams that there can be a European division 20 years after that first team might not dilute the talent at all. It's not easy, but it's possible, so it's understandable they want to try.

gently caress that, just keep sending former NFL stars to India.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008

LightReaper posted:

This is really good advice, thank you. I'll hold off on the Taylor jersey and skip the generic gear as tbh it looks poo poo. That said, totally toxxing changing my Avatar and buying a jersey if Taylor takes us to the Super Bowl playoffs.

The Blue Jays made the playoffs this year leaving the Bills with the longest postseason drought in all major sports. They haven't made the playoffs since 2000 and things didn't end well.

Jimmy Kimmel had a great clip of Daniel Radcliffe asking a customs agent if the Bills were leaving Buffalo but it recently got pulled.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Remember the one true rule of jerseys: you cannot wear the jersey of a player younger than you.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BrownThunder posted:

Lmao thank you for the new avatar

An expected cowardly deed considering the other Bengals fan in the Mizzou thread suggesting the guy protesting via hunger strike should just transfer to another school. God bless

The other Bengals fan? So you know which one gave it to you? :laffo:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress that, just keep sending former NFL stars to India.

I thought you said they were the most unathletic people in the world?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Malloreon posted:

Remember the one true rule of jerseys: you cannot wear the jersey of a player younger than you.

That's a pretty great rule, if only because old dudes in throwback jerseys own.

(Oh jesus christ, I can't wear an Amari Cooper jersey.)

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 11, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Malloreon posted:

Said the 20 year old.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

I thought you said they were the most unathletic people in the world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb6HmHqKI8U

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

NC-17 posted:

Said the 20 year old.

I wish; I'm 34, there's like 30 current players I can wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Malloreon posted:

*puts on Mike Trout jersey, gives you the finger*

• Locked thread