Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
That kinda looks like a post that was made just to be edgy tbh. Isn't his avatar also one of the "troll" heroes in LoL?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I found a little lake down in the southeast of the map with some mirelurk hunters and a mirelurk king (the first of either I had seen).

After clearing them out, I started destroying any remaining 'lurk eggs. After I started to shoot them, the screen began rumbling like when the Mirelurk Queen appeared at the castle. My framerate tanked, rumbling continued but...nothing happened? I was really expecting another big confrontation so I'm still not really sure what that was all about.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

loving lmao

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Harrow posted:

It felt like an alien planet. Was really cool.

It's actually a lot like what I'd imagine the surface of Venus would be like, especially with all the lightning storms, only without the insane heat and pressure of course.

Imaginary Friend posted:

Yeah, I don't know..

I found an irradiated flamer once, which seemed like it would be totally broken since it's supposedly adding 50 damage to a weapon that's balanced for 15 or so per hit, but it was sadly still really wimpy and not that much more effective than the base weapon.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ahahaha I was just about to post this lmao.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Overdoze posted:

Is it safe to change your character's gender using the console and then visit the plastic surgeon in Diamond city? I don't want to trigger some weird bugs.

I remember in F3 using the race change menu removed any toughness and other damage resistances abilities you had, I don't know if it also applied to the sexchange command.

Perpetual
Sep 7, 2007

godface zillah posted:

Loaded my save before leaving the vault because I wanted to try melee out and it overwrote all of my other saves. There goes 18 hours, guess this is my new playthrough.

This thread moves fast, so maybe this was addressed in the last bunch of pages I haven't had time to read, but your saves probably aren't gone. The game has a system where by default on some of the load menus it will only show saves from the last character you've played. You can press a button ( y on the 360 controller, not sure what it is on PC keyboard defaults) to bring up a menu with all the characters you've played and choose whose saves you want to see. Look for the "Select Character" key on the loading menu.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fereydun posted:

they're invincible anyways, it's cool
just pretend they're fording their brahmin across the water

edit:

i loving love crit melee attacks, i hope there's a mod that lets you replace the gun bash with just 100% crit anims all the time
seriously just pancake flipping dudes or body tossing them or tripping them is so drat fun

the shove can go away though, why does it even exist

what outfit is that on your lady there?

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Anyone know why I suddenly can't create any supply lines or send any companions to the Castle? Any time I try, the location is grayed out. I have plenty of beds and such.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Godmachine posted:

Anyone know why I suddenly can't create any supply lines or send any companions to the Castle? Any time I try, the location is grayed out. I have plenty of beds and such.

It could be because it's at population cap, which is your charisma + 10. Alternatively, maybe it's under attack and you can't send settlers to places that are under attack.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
You know that bug where Sanctuary has wrong stats and happiness plummets because it thinks it's lacking in food, water, power, beds, etc?

Some guy posted in this thread that the loving televisions in Sanctuary were causing this behaviour.

I scrapped all the TVs and it hasn't happened again. What the hell.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Working a bit too hard to replicate littlelamplight.jpg

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Doctor Schnabel posted:

what outfit is that on your lady there?

That's the Field Scribe Armor, or one of the color variants of it. You can find it on Brotherhood of Steel members sometimes.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I haven't posted in this thread much at all but I'm enjoying this game pretty much but the fact that I can't lead the Atom Cats in a conquest of Massachusetts the coolest place in the wastes is an undersight that is going to cast a shadow over how I feel on the game in retrospect

why would you even make the ending faction oriented if you can't choose the best faction?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Working a bit too hard to replicate littlelamplight.jpg

I dunno, sarcams don't work on the internet becase theres real poeple out there that is weird.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tei posted:

I dunno, sarcams don't work on the internet becase theres real poeple out there that is weird.

poes law is a helluva thing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have Pickman's Blade because bleed is stupid and Memory Den's dress because ballistic weave is stupid. Just running around the wasteland in a dress with this little knife chopping up 15 foot tall godzilla things with impunity. And I thought getting power armor at level 1 would be the problem.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

Neogaf bans juniors for being that weird legitimately.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I just did that Supermutant tower quest where you rescue the Shakespearean Actor and his Mutant buddy, Strong. Apparently Strong is voiced by Sean Schemmel, aka Goku.
If I didn't ask Strong to follow me as a companion, where can I find him again if I want to have him later?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Saint Freak posted:

I have Pickman's Blade because bleed is stupid and Memory Den's dress because ballistic weave is stupid. Just running around the wasteland in a dress with this little knife chopping up 15 foot tall godzilla things with impunity. And I thought getting power armor at level 1 would be the problem.

Can you get that dress without using the console?

Edit: If not, it would be kind of silly that they made one of the unobtainable outfits able to be reinforced.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I just did that Supermutant tower quest where you rescue the Shakespearean Actor and his Mutant buddy, Strong. Apparently Strong is voiced by Sean Schemmel, aka Goku.
If I didn't ask Strong to follow me as a companion, where can I find him again if I want to have him later?

How long until the mod to replace all of Strong's combat dialogue with audio clips from DBZ?

Lukano
Apr 28, 2003

Anyone know if there's a way to disable blood/gore? My kids refuse to not watch me play, and I don't want to warp their minds too early.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Iceshade posted:

You know that bug where Sanctuary has wrong stats and happiness plummets because it thinks it's lacking in food, water, power, beds, etc?

Some guy posted in this thread that the loving televisions in Sanctuary were causing this behaviour.

I scrapped all the TVs and it hasn't happened again. What the hell.

Video Games as a statement on the plight of modern man.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Broken Cog posted:

Can you get that dress without using the console?

I think so? I consoled it in but rank 4 pickpocket lets you steal clothes, even clothes people are currently wearing. I got some Vault 81 suits this way because I couldn't find any around to loot.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lukano posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to disable blood/gore? My kids refuse to not watch me play, and I don't want to warp their minds too early.

It's all rasberry jam todd

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Iirc he'll hang out at the base of the tower.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mongoose132 posted:

Sharing a tender moment with Piper.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Lukano posted:

If you're on PC, C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4.ini and change the value of "bDisableAllGore=0" to 1.

If you're on console, I don't think you'll be able to change it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I want to remove "it's a man" from the game. God drat it's so annoying.
gamergater/MRA spotted

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Iceshade posted:

This must be like my 2nd legendary armour item that isn't a raider left leg with -15% damage from ghouls or some nonsense.

The raider that carried this thing was a loving prick. He carried a .44 and mutated, and took off 75% off my HP with a single hit.
Get used to it. Once you start seeing them mutate, basically every legendary fight will be a game of "break one limb, enemy refills health, now kill them for real".

Iceshade posted:

:stonk: This is the part where I scream and run, yes?

Wait until it's a legendary alpha with a skull, and a friend to back him up.. ;)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I never listen to the in-game radio since I think the ambient soundtrack is really good. I actually had no idea the DJ was bad until the Russian bartender gave me a quest about him.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ I have begun to turn off radios, but I build jukeboxes everywhere because the classical music is pleasant enough. The lack of music is egregious enough that at this point I'd say it ought to cost the game a full point on a review scale because a half-dozen songs is a laughably small number for a game series which has become known for its music and soundtracks.

RBA Starblade posted:

I was griping early about hard leading to rando bandits being able to nearly destroy me in power armor, but the trade off is the loot is way better, and I appear to do mostly the same amount of damage to them as well. Mirelurks are a lot buffer than in FO3 though.
.308 and .44 absolutely wreck them. Avoid lasers. Go for the legs.

Mirelurks rapidly became my easiest opponent. ;)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 20, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Protip, collect skirts and dress and dress your male settlers in them. Jun Wuan or whatever is even saltier now that he has a low cut red dress.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

coyo7e posted:

^^^ I have begun to turn off radios, but I build jukeboxes everywhere because the classical music is pleasant enough. The lack of music is egregious enough that at this point I'd say it ought to cost the game a full point on a review scale because a half-dozen songs is a laughably small number for a game series which has become known for its music and soundtracks.

I have a combat shotgun that shoots explosive rounds, it will legit blast a Mirelurk out of their shell.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

The soundtrack has like 20 songs, you only remember 6 of them.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It's a good thing you can rename your gear. The auto-naming thing drives me crazy, I had to rename my armor just so the name stops changing who I swap upgrades. I switch to CHR boosting clothes when stopping and with the default naming it's a pain to re-equip my gear, because it's all over the pipboy menu rather than clustered together, I don't need to know what mods are equipped game, thanks. It's also a pain when picking up modded armor from enemies and having to strip the upgrades off to find out what tier it is.

Weapons are okay since you can use favorites to hotkey them, though good luck scrolling through multiple recoil compensated combat rifles to find your kitted out one. So yeah, name your gear it helps.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Anyone else picked up the robot Curie as a companion?

Her bewilderment about the excessive violence towards raiders really cracks me up.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Just.. look at it :3: :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Do corpses go away after a while? I have a dead Minutemen and a bunch of smoking mirelurk corpses hanging around in the Castle and it's kinda bumming everyone out.

Also, can I just go on the record as saying Travis is loving great. Every time I open up a new voice clip for that dude it just tops the last one. I kinda don't want to do the cheer-him-up quest because I think he's loving hilarious as is.

• Locked thread