Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street
Hey buds, I was just curious on what happened with the ff goon mumble server and the no recording disclaimer. How bad did someone gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Failboattootoot posted:

Amon's outfit is the best armor in the game and it isn't even close.

Oh poo poo you're right. I forgot Amon's clothes drop from CT2. Yeah, that gear set is great

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ZombieIsland posted:

Hey buds, I was just curious on what happened with the ff goon mumble server and the no recording disclaimer. How bad did someone gently caress up?

I was told that someone was using recorded conversations as blackmail.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Hey Square, how bout you try fixing your blooming RNG? So I was pentamelding a choker for my gathering classes. The chance of success was 8%. Now I get that's pretty low, so I figure the worst case scenario i go through 30 to 40 materia. Nope! After going back and forth to the MB and spending millions of gil, success! after 118 attempts! at 8 percent! Now do the math on that SE, that's well under 1 percent. After the 60th try it just became a joke to me.
I know it was my choice to overmeld but this experience has completely turned me off to this game. I'm canceling my subscription and don't plan on ever coming back. Have a nice life Square!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Anyone have a geared Roe ninja they can take screenshots of? Planning on popping a fantasia and mucking around with the character creator some more. Male/female, either or.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The first two FFXIII games are real dumb with alright to good gameplay. The third one is so incredibly dumb it wraps over into hilarious and great, and also has better gameplay (and is coming to PC Dec 10!!)

Seriously? I've been looking forward to that, and that's my birthday too. Easiest gift to myself ever. :v:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ciaphas posted:

Seriously? I've been looking forward to that, and that's my birthday too. Easiest gift to myself ever. :v:
Happy birthday :toot: I will play a dumb game in your honor

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ZombieIsland posted:

You really don't want to know, it was that bad, and yet insipid at the same time.

Recording audio w/o consent is also a real legal liability in some jurisdictions and I don't want to be sued because I committed the horrible crime of providing a free service to goons at my expense and have someone take it waaaay too far.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
goons are gifted at ruining everything

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Anyone have a geared Roe ninja they can take screenshots of? Planning on popping a fantasia and mucking around with the character creator some more. Male/female, either or.

If someone doesn't get to this, I'll probably have a female one posted like 10 hours from now.

e: misinterpreted it as AF, so not geared at all. Please ignore.

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 23, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Finally cleared KOTR EX earlier tonight with some friends. It's a really good/fun fight - why couldn't Alexander be half as interesting?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

MohShuvuu posted:

If someone doesn't get to this, I'll probably have a female one posted like 10 hours from now.

e: misinterpreted it as AF, so not geared at all. Please ignore.

AF is fine! It's just... there are very few pictures of Roe ninjas of any sort on Google Image Search.

Which begs the question: Are they just unpopular, or are they just *very very very talented* relative to all the other races?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Thanks, this is good stuff.

Though I was turned off of 1.0 by the beta (and I'm usually lenient on those), it's interesting/entertaining to read all these posts with the benefit of hindsight.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

You really don't want to know, it was that bad, and yet insipid at the same time.

Recording audio w/o consent is also a real legal liability in some jurisdictions and I don't want to be sued because I committed the horrible crime of providing a free service to goons at my expense and have someone take it waaaay too far.

Out of all the mumbles I've been on this one is the only one to ever have this type of stipulation. Also pretty sure no one has ever been successfully sued over a mumble recording. Nor would it ever happen.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

AF is fine! It's just... there are very few pictures of Roe ninjas of any sort on Google Image Search.

Which begs the question: Are they just unpopular, or are they just *very very very talented* relative to all the other races?

There are a few links here.

Roes are fairly rare in general outside of tanks and certain melee classes. It was the same way with Galka in XI.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Void Ark is a blast to heal if nothing else. Cucu also has been easier for my groups to figure out than, say, Angra Mainyu was since the big pain points have a more district visual effect than the Doom debuff icon.

Edit: I can try to pull up some Steam shots of my Roegadame as Ninja later this morning but I can say that the animation for her is really great and far more fluid than you might expect for the Big Bulky Race. I can't speak towards the males.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 23, 2015

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Out of all the mumbles I've been on this one is the only one to ever have this type of stipulation. Also pretty sure no one has ever been successfully sued over a mumble recording. Nor would it ever happen.

And I'd rather not be the first.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I think VA's biggest problem is that most of the gear looks like poo poo.

I think the caster/healer gear for VA is pretty good. In general though, it does suffer from not being able to be dyed. :argh:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Tortolia posted:

Void Ark is a blast to heal if nothing else. Cucu also has been easier for my groups to figure out than, say, Angra Mainyu was since the big pain points have a more district visual effect than the Doom debuff icon.

Edit: I can try to pull up some Steam shots of my Roegadame as Ninja later this morning but I can say that the animation for her is really great and far more fluid than you might expect for the Big Bulky Race. I can't speak towards the males.

Well, the animations are all identical between races, right? It's mostly a matter of 1: Ohjou Kai looking loving huge on everyone else but maybe looking okay in Roe hands? 2: Assassinate not being accompanied by the sound of Mario stomping a Goomba, as well as not resulting in instant death for anything potato or smaller. 3: huge body, naruto run. So if enough of those things don't make my sperg twitch I'll go Roe and not say, dragonwaif(u).

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, the animations are all identical between races, right? It's mostly a matter of 1: Ohjou Kai looking loving huge on everyone else but maybe looking okay in Roe hands? 2: Assassinate not being accompanied by the sound of Mario stomping a Goomba, as well as not resulting in instant death for anything potato or smaller. 3: huge body, naruto run. So if enough of those things don't make my sperg twitch I'll go Roe and not say, dragonwaif(u).

Apparently my ninja screenshot collection is lacking. I could have sworn I had one with the Batsight Osode on as well, but I'll grab a few pics when I get home.

Weapons are scaled to be pretty drat large on Roe, so it'll probably look like you're dual wielding paladin swords. Assassinate and the ninja run are a bit silly for Roegadames but the rest of the animations are great and fluid.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, the animations are all identical between races, right?

mroeg has a different spear holding pose

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you want the sweetest ninja run go no further than a potato :3:

Its like they are little tiny planes wheeeee

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

sword_man.gif posted:

it was a bard, of all things, apparently

If I was the healer I would have just said 'ok', and let them die until they left the instance

:shrug:

LordNat posted:

If I see someone playing Paladin I instantly assume they are bad at the game.

I've been levelling War and having a lot of fun but I feel like having an option for TP regen would be nice at lower levels, esp when especially early dungeons mostly devolve to 'what's the biggest pull I can do without dying' -> overpower spam.

Drizvolta posted:

I too want extra health I'll never use instead of an easier time holding threat

If the healer I get is lovely I will try tossing on vit gear before trying smaller pulls

Ruzihm posted:

Just starting out. How do I see how much dps and stuff everyone is doing?

Look up ACT, also never talk about it in game

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Anything nice to buy with Wolf marks to flip them on the market? I dont care for pvp.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Thyrork posted:

Anything nice to buy with Wolf marks to flip them on the market? I dont care for pvp.

Save them and buy the best Glamor sets in the game.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
And then be unable to equip them until you grind out 50 PVP levels.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

And then be unable to equip them until you grind out 50 PVP levels.

Elkliege does not require Rank 50. :colbert:

ninja edit: Rank 45 :suicide:

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Thyrork posted:

The only way to make money with wolf marks that I've found is to buy cheap armor pieces and desynth them. You'll convert 20k wolf marks into maybe 100k gil if you get lucky. Maybe you'll do better outside of accessories, but I kinda doubt it.

So basically, there're better ways to make 10bux.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nobody plays them because they're "ugly". :airquote:

Anywho. Here's my ARR Ninja glamour, followed by Ninja AF.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

MohShuvuu posted:

:airquote:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
^^^
A+ roegadame.

Elezen are the true ugly race.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Look up ACT, also never talk about it in game

ACT + RainbowMage overlay makes it look like part of the UI, highly recommend. Treat it like fight club.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

crew posted:

ACT + RainbowMage overlay makes it look like part of the UI, highly recommend. Treat it like fight club.

Rainbowmage tanks my FPS and overlays don't work at all in full screen mode.
You are better off just having the basic read out on your 2nt screen.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

MohShuvuu posted:

they aren't petite anime waifus so of course no one plays them

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

LordNat posted:

I play in full screen windowed because I like to tab out a lot and it works perfectly 60fps v0v

No second screen here :negative:

LordNat
May 16, 2009

crew posted:

I play in full screen windowed because I like to tab out a lot and it works perfectly 60fps v0v

No second screen here :negative:

I play at 144 FPS in full screen. :pcgaming:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Can you guys stop making me want to burn that Fantasia on a Roegadame? I want to keep it in my bags to taunt T'sun Dere / Mymla who keeps wanting me to be a cat. :catstare:

Kuvo posted:

As a Highgal, Amen to that. :hf:

If it wasn't for the hairstyles, Hyur players would have NO excuse to be a Midlander.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 23, 2015

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

LordNat posted:

Weirdly enough, if ACT overlays are tanking your FPS you might need to turn Aero on. If Aero is off, the overlays absolutely murder my FPS but with Aero on there's no noticeable hit. Worth a shot, assuming the overall marginal performance hit from Aero isn't a dealbreaker for you in other ways.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MohShuvuu posted:

Your Roegadame looks quite like mine:

I love the Roe look, specifically the Hellsguard one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kuvo posted:

I'd play one but all the nose options are terrible and it bugs me. Also being tall is the worst since it looks like you are moving slow and just knowing that you aren't doesn't shake that feeling.

• Locked thread