Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
"We now believe this was targetted at the people using our conference center" - from owner of building, conference center was being used for a Christmas party at time of shooting. Black yukon has been found abandoned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Why would radical Muslim terrorists attack a disabled services center?

Why not? Daesh are a pack of frothing barbarians who've gleefully killed and mutilated people across the ME. Killing a bunch of disabled kids would be peachy with that filth.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zoux posted:

Soft target, high emotional impact.

The ISIS terrorists in Paris rounded up disabled concert goers before executing them.

edit: not saying it's them for sure, but it's not that far fetched. I doubt they'd target a town like San Bernardino though, doesn't seem high profile enough.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zoux posted:

because its an easy soft target with vulnerable people insider. it would inspire fear that no where is safe and all that sad poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jesus Christ you people.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

It wasn't the police saying it, it was the police repeating a witness description.

And gently caress it wasn't even the police saying it, it's a poster saying that they heard on the news the police from the witness say they heard someone say it was a guy with a beard.

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster, there's a poster that said they heard from thenews the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

There's a poster that said they heard from the news the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Meg From Family Guy posted:

"We now believe this was targetted at the people using our conference center" - from owner of building, conference center was being used for a Christmas party at time of shooting. Black yukon has been found abandoned

Well that would make a bit more sense. A third party that wasn't necessarily the disabled kids.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JT Jag posted:

Let's see how TFR posters are handling this!

Cool!!

TFR hugbox delanda est

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

It wasn't the police saying it, it was the police repeating a witness description.

And gently caress it wasn't even the police saying it, it's a poster saying that he heard the police say they heard someone say it was a guy with a beard.
I'm listening to the scanner myself for what it's worth.

You can too! http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web

It's like some kinda hosed up fireside chat.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Why not? Daesh are a pack of frothing barbarians who've gleefully killed and mutilated people across the ME. Killing a bunch of disabled kids would be peachy with that filth.

Victims are all adults tho

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

JT Jag posted:

gently caress this shooter, not for the deaths he caused, but for the inevitable legislative response.

"Congressional Republicans pass bill to allow open carry inside all hospitals."

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

Why would any group of more than one person do so? The entire attack is a black swan event because, at least so far as we know, no one was expecting something like this to happen, ever. At this point, any explanation is game.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Victims are all adults tho

That's in line with a third party using the conference center and actually being unrelated to the disability center.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Reality's liberal bias strikes again.

haveblue posted:

Soon we will reach the mass shooting event horizon where mass shootings are so frequent they overlap with each other and we have continuous, endless mass shooting all across america forever

Scientists refer to this as the homicingularity.

zoux posted:

Here's some good news: seven page private strategy memo on how the party would deal with Trump as the nominee just leaked.

I like that when they state they have similar plans for other candidates it reads less like "this isn't a big deal" and more like "we're going to be making GBS threads ourselves if an establishment candidate can't win the nomination."

Fried Chicken posted:

So we missed it yesterday by Alan Grayson's senate campaign hit a rough patch - the campaign manager, deputy campaign manager, and senior adviser all left the campaign

I feel bad for Alan Grayson. It must be tough when you get crazied out of the news cycle by pretty much all of the GOP nominees.

Slate Action posted:

Is there an event could happen that would lead to some kind of gun control legislation being implemented (even something relatively minor like mental health screening as part of background checks)? Or are we now 100% immune to any mass shooting event of any severity changing the status quo?

Funniest post I've seen on the forums.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

Let's see how TFR posters are handling this!

Cool!!

take some comfort in the fact that these guys are far more likely to shoot themselves than a burglar or census worker

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm listening to the scanner myself for what it's worth.

You can too! http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web

It's like some kinda hosed up fireside chat.

No, I'm going to wait until a few hours when there are actual facts being reported.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Why would any group of more than one person do so? The entire attack is a black swan event because, at least so far as we know, no one was expecting something like this to happen, ever. At this point, any explanation is game.

Well then maybe it was loving Hitler alien dinosaurs.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Raskolnikov38 posted:

TFR hugbox delanda est

This wouldn't have killed so many people if the gun clips couldn't hold as many bullet shells.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Doctor Butts posted:

what

what the gently caress does this even mean?

He's implying that Commiebama disarmed The People to the point where they only have knives, and now Only Bad Guys Have Guns.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Looks like it took place in the IRC Conference Centre - has the Klavern finally struck from beyond the grave?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

Well then maybe it was loving Hitler alien dinosaurs.

Point. I'll hold off on further speculation on the subject.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

haveblue posted:

Maybe this would finally be the motivation to make guns harder to obtain.

No, they will just make it harder for them to move there like in Texas. So only white people have easy access to guns. To commit mass shootings with. :downs:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster, there's a poster that said they heard from thenews the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

There's a poster that said they heard from the news the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster.
Thank you.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Jesus Christ you people.
You asked, and there are valid answers to that question.:colbert:

Oh and ISIL has done something like that before:

quote:

A Kurdish activist and his wife, who have witnessed ISIS atrocities in Kobani for several months and documented some on photo and video, met RT’s Murad Gazdiev to speak about what they’ve seen.

Bazran Halil, a Kurdish rights activist and freelance journalist briefly crossed into Turkey with his wife from Kobani for an interview. His laptop is full of graphic videos, lending credence to rumors of the Islamic State’s (IS, or ISIS, or ISIL) trademark brutality.

“There was a man with Down Syndrome,” he says. “He couldn’t understand the situation, to flee, or to run away from the frontline. When ISIS arrived they beheaded him and took photos, shared them on social media and said ‘we killed an atheist, a Kaffir’.”

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If you're going for maximum terror, you shoot up malls, 'main street' type areas with a bunch of diners/bar patrons/pedestrian traffic.

Shooting up a disabled services center sounds a bit more targeted. For what? I dunno.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Is it time to have a US Mass Shootings thread, this is happening often enough to deserve it.
355th this year!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Someone post that OTM image again

Unplug from the news feeds and speculation people. Go spend some time with a loved one or pet instead. The nightmare will still be here when you get back, and we will have more information so we can respond then. Now it is just the living incarnation of "fear is the mindkiller", keeping you from being able to think.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fade5 posted:

You asked, and there are valid answers to that question.:colbert:

Oh and ISIL has done something like that before:

AQ/ISIS's MO for terrorism vs. western targets typically hasn't been to shoot rifles at stuff from a distance and then run away, has it?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Evil Fluffy posted:

"Congressional Republicans pass bill to require open carry inside all hospitals."

FTFY.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

AQ/ISIS's MO for terrorism vs. western targets typically hasn't been to shoot rifles at stuff from a distance and then run away, has it?

Shoot up whatever, displace and reload, shoot up whatever, displace and reload, when cornered take hostages and shoot as many as possible until you get zapped.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We could make a series out of it. Suicide of the Week. Hell, why limit ourselves? Execution of the Week. Terrorist of the Week! I love it. Suicides, assassinations, mad bombers, Mafia hit men, automobile smash-ups...The Death Hour. Great Sunday-night show for the whole family.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

These guys can't keep their talking points straight, they typically love to (correctly) point out how gun sales and CCW permits have gone way up under Obama.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i heard it was two middle eastern guys and Caro and they screamed allahu akbar and left a suitcase nuke

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

This wouldn't have killed so many people if the gun clips couldn't hold as many bullet shells.

do you mean gun clips, or gun magazines? answer in the next three seconds or be deemed too ignorant to be trusted with devising new gun legislation

e: god drat it you were already making that joke, my bad. anyway tfr posters suck

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

site posted:

i heard it was two middle eastern guys and Caro and they screamed allahu akbar and left a suitcase nuke

This is true, actually.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So we're televising mass shootings weekly now. When do we get to televise mass shootings daily? Or on a 24/7 pay-per-view channel?

[e]: It doesn't have to be ISIS shooting up the mentally disabled guys. There are people who genuinely despise the disabled, I am not yanking your chain.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So we're televising mass shootings weekly now. When do we get to televise mass shootings daily? Or on a 24/7 pay-per-view channel?
Mass Shootings: A Great Way To Get Attention

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's called CNN.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DolphinCop posted:

do you mean gun clips, or gun magazines? answer in the next three seconds or be deemed too ignorant to be trusted with devising new gun legislation

e: god drat it you were already making that joke, my bad. anyway tfr posters suck

You mean like Guns & Ammo?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
It's so funny how it went from "white shooter" to "let's discuss why ISIS does this" within two pages based on fourth hand hearsay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

you mean cnn?

• Locked thread