Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ron Jeremy posted:

Whats more judeo-christian than wiping out an entire people? Just ask the Canaanites or Sodom. Or hell, the whole earth minus Moses. Or we could keep it low key and just kill off the firstborn like in Egypt.

Or even the Vatican not wanting to disclose what it did (or didn't do) between 1933-1945.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Joementum posted:

The amendment is not agreed to 56-46.

We now move on to the Brown (D-OH) amendment, which would permanently federally fund the medicaid expansion at 100%.

Just out of curiosity, where did the other two senators come from?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Radbot posted:

Please explain how you'd implement "militant secularism", tia

Well weed need a committee first to consider public safety.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Kafka Esq. posted:

I assume you meant to quote my post about the Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Kirk (R-IL) amendment.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Joe, I got a procedural question.

How long can a president sit on a bill before deciding to veto or sign it?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Radbot posted:

In a sane world, this statement would put you on a terrorism watchlist.

Corollary of it being a sane world, the watchlist would be totally powerless. :smug:

TheDisreputableDog posted:

So at will surveillance across the board should be no problem either then? Since finding out about plans is a much more effective way of stopping jihad than, say, banning guns and waiting for the hundreds of millions in circulation today to stop working.

It's just an abridged right, not even explicitly stated, so nbd

Don't go here with fishmech, 50/50 chance he'll glad agree.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Joementum posted:

I assume you meant to quote my post about the Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Kirk (R-IL) amendment.

No, just wondering how the senate can have a vote of 56-46.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kafka Esq. posted:

Puerto Rico gained statehood while you were on the can

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sudo rm -rf posted:

10 days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The pocket veto!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Kafka Esq. posted:

Ahh, well as Obama told us there are 57 states!

The count was really 56-44.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sudo rm -rf posted:

10 days. If he takes no action, it becomes law at that point, unless Congress has adjourned during the 10 days, in which case it dies.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Though there are 102 Senator, counting the two "Shadow Senators" from Washington, D.C., Michael Brown and Paul Strauss.

And, yes, Shadow Senator is obviously the best job title.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

JT Jag posted:

What are the Dakotas doing right?

North Dakota at least is large swaths of farmland (Which will almost assuredly have near 100% gun ownership) contrasted with the densely populated metropolitan areas and the eastern border. And it's a big hunting state. So there's a high percentage of people who own guns, but they're largely for utilitarian purposes and not something you'd be carrying around with you or able to easily conceal.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Radbot posted:

Please explain how you'd implement "militant secularism", tia

guiollitines and barges on the loire

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kafka Esq. posted:

Kirk is from Illinois and trying to cut the legs out from Duckworth's female support.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Joementum posted:

Though there are 102 Senator, counting the two "Shadow Senators" from Washington, D.C., Michael Brown and Paul Strauss.

It's actually Shadow President thanks to that Israel gif.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Technically, aren't there up to 103 voting individuals in the Senate?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

Full State Hood Now!

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's actually Shadow President thanks to that Israel gif.

Shadow President is not actually all that bad a video game

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Immortan Joe only graces us with his presence for tie breakers, Warrant concerts, and sick burnouts.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

My Imaginary GF posted:

The Papal legate hasn't gotten a vote since '63.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

We now move to the Collins (with Murkowski and Kirk) amendment to restore funding to Planned Parenthood.

The amendment is not agreed to 52-48.

We now move to the Casey (D-PA) amendment to increase the tax credit for childcare to $3,000.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Immortan Joe only graces us with his presence for tie breakers, Warrant concerts, and sick burnouts.

For half a second I read that as Winger concerts and was about to tear into you over it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

The amendment is not agreed to 52-48.

We now move to the Casey (D-PA) amendment to increase the tax credit for childcare to $3,000.

Nice

Still way too low

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Joementum posted:

Not as good as "Shadow Chancellor" imho but you'd need a proper parliament for that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think "Chancellor of Shadow" would be ace.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

Nice

Still way too low

Still too high. Childcare tax credit incentivizes parents to abandon their duties to their family, and rewards single parents.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

TheDisreputableDog posted:

....otherwise reasonable political position with an entire nation state which controls land, pulls in hundreds of millions per month in revenue, and has a sophisticated and worldwide agitprop operation, yes.

If you're going to tell me that any of the rhetoric coming out of the GOP's extremist wing current front runners is at all reasonable, then you're frankly ill-informed about the world, hth.

Also, please tell me that you recognize at least some irony in trying to contrast "lone crazies" with "an entire nation state which controls land and pulls in hundreds of millions per month in revenue" when every so-called grassroots Tea Party victory has been (and continues to be) bankrolled by wealthy organizations hell-bent on crushing progressivism, whatever the cost?

And if you can't connect "isolated" hate crimes motivated by Rightist anger to the trillions of dollars that move through media/political/industry organizations that do literally nothing but foment Rightist anger 24/7 for political gain, then you're a way bigger ostrich than Obummer, my friend.

quote:

And not two days ago he said the best way to fight terrorism was "coming together on climate change".

Yes, and if you're like the overwhelming majority of academics and experts who understand the long-term perspective that he was taking with his climate change comment (and even short term. Hell, sooooo much of the ongoing unrest in the Middle East and especially in Africa can be directly tied to for-real global warming-induced droughts) then you understand that we'll be dealing with terrorism and instability the likes of which we've probably never seen if climate change continues to hit impoverished and politically unstable regions in the way that it has. The best way to fight terrorism is to fight the root causes of terrorism before it starts. This is elementary.

There isn't some "-in lieu of worrying about ISIS" wink wink* message there unless you're a climate science denier who's primed to see 'liberal talking points' instead of tangible, academic principles.

quote:

He flubbed Syria to the point where ISIS was able to self organize and roll back into Iraq.

What would've been a better way to deal with it? What would you have done differently?

quote:

The France attacks were "a setback".

What else would you call a bunch of attacks specifically targeted at inciting a backlash against refugee aid and "punishing governments who would aid refugees and the enemies of ISIS?" It's not like ISIS didn't announce their motive.

In that context, it's absolutely a setback, given the nativist and outright racist response it's set off in different parts of the world.

quote:

And now he's saying our focus should be on gun control.

I'm still pretty confident that stricter gun laws would've made this attack much harder. It certainly would affect just about every other shooting incident.

Alternatively, he could do that thing that Trump suggested. You know, the camp thing.

quote:

He's either dangerously disconnected from the realities of how things have changed, or just madly spinning to avoid having to admit he was wrong.

:allears:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Still too high. Childcare tax credit incentivizes parents to abandon their duties to their family, and rewards single parents.

Agreed, fellow /r/childfree poster

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

Agreed, fellow /r/childfree poster

America shouldn't reward being a single parent with tax credits, we should be incentivizing keeping our families together.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

America shouldn't reward being a single parent with tax credits, we should be incentivizing keeping our families together.

:911:

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

My Imaginary GF posted:

gently caress you.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reward, lol.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

gently caress you.

Interestingly, this response works as well as, if not better than, just about any other reply to MIGF on anything he's talking about whatsoever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Migf is not being serious come on people.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

fishmech posted:

Seems like rights get abridged pretty often, and it works

Huh, it's almost like the more people that own guns, the more people end up dying as a result. Weird.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Migf is not being serious come on people.

Yeah but he's not funny, either.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

My Imaginary GF posted:

I agree that we should actually increase funding for abortion services via Planned Parenthood and raise the minimum wage to allow more families to be maintained on the income of single earners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

The motion to waive is not agreed to 46-54 and the amendment falls.

We now move to the Heller (R-NV) amendment to repeal the tax on "Cadillac" health care plans (the bill would only delay its implementation for 10 years).

• Locked thread