Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

A good friend of mine is finally approaching the finish line of a project that he has been working on for years:

A 1980 Volkswagen Rabbit pickup

That he has fitted a built compound turbo TDi motor into

Robbed the Haldex system from an Audi TT to make it AWD

With custom made 8 inch RS E52 wheels

Short term next steps will be a cage that integrates the rear subframe/rear tubular arms and box flares reminiscent of old VW Golf Rally cars (and all other good 80's German cars)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Made in dubai.

Of loving course.
Gonna make it an objective to go see it this christmas then.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Man does the front close up of the body work look like poo poo. I don't see how that engine and all the required coolers are even going to fit in the car.

Plus imagine driving and it goes from making 1000hp to 5000hp over the course of 1500 rpm. I mean, watch the videos of the P1 on street tires and that thing has major traction problems.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

jamal posted:

Man does the front close up of the body work look like poo poo. I don't see how that engine and all the required coolers are even going to fit in the car.

Plus imagine driving and it goes from making 1000hp to 5000hp over the course of 1500 rpm. I mean, watch the videos of the P1 on street tires and that thing has major traction problems.

WONDER NO MORE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRyKEy54vKQ

it looks like poo poo

also lol at the top speed, that thing would fall apart at 200

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

good dogge

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Probably faster than having your son fetch you wrenches too.

"This one dad?"
"No, the 9/16?"
"What's 9/16? This one?"
"No.. bigger than that."
"This one?"

*dad curses and gets up to fetch the wrench himself*

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

Probably faster than having your son fetch you wrenches too.

"This one dad?"
"No, the 9/16?"
"What's 9/16? This one?"
"No.. bigger than that."
"This one?"

*dad curses and gets up to fetch the wrench himself*

We all started somewhere :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lemme shorten that up for ya

"The number written on the side" ~ kid learns a valuable life lesson that day

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I'm bored so here's some pictures....

Porsche 917 PA Spyder ‘1969–71

Obligatory E30 M3
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/EdNO8CP.jpg[/timg
]

Badass Merc

Other

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Is that a jet engine??

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Olivil posted:

Is that a jet engine??

It's a turbine engine, but not a jet engine. The power turbine is hooked to a transmission and drives the wheels.

Probably lifted straight out of a helicopter.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm bored so here's some pictures....

Porsche 917 PA Spyder 196971

Great photos. I found higher res versions of the porsche here (just remove the resolution from the image filename)

Hello new wallpapers

edit: holy poo poo:

Cadillac Series 61 "Le Monstre"

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 11, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Alighieri posted:

WONDER NO MORE!!!

it looks like poo poo

Well at least we know now that the designer of the Iranian "stealth fighter" found a job.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

IOwnCalculus posted:

We all started somewhere :v:

does that stage come before or after "hold the light"?

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Some work stuff I've been meaning to post:

1964 Chevrolet Bel-Air

An all-stock survivor, complete with the factory 230 straight-six and 3-speed manual column shift. We're going to rebuild the front suspension and convert from manual to power-assist steering.

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu

Resto-mod with a supercharged LSX. Very clean and subtle, and it ran like a beast. :getin:

Finally, something kastein should enjoy:

From what I was told, it's a late 1940's Willy's chassis with a late 1970's body shell. It's also has a carbureted LS3 under the hood with a 4L80 overdrive transmission, and it's only 2-wheel drive. I didn't get the chance to drive this one, that's probably a good thing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Root Bear posted:

Finally, something kastein should enjoy... only 2-wheel drive

heh

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sand jeep, maybe? Those are often big power and RWD only.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh I think it's great, don't get me wrong.

But look at those rear tires and let yourself recognize the truth. It's a street truck.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Root Bear posted:

From what I was told, it's a late 1940's Willy's chassis with a late 1970's body shell. It's also has a carbureted LS3 under the hood with a 4L80 overdrive transmission, and it's only 2-wheel drive. I didn't get the chance to drive this one, that's probably a good thing.

Hopefully this guy launches this too hard one day and flips it. It's ruined.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

"we want to use a unique engine"

*builds a siamesed LS-based V16*

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Alighieri posted:

WONDER NO MORE!!!

it looks like poo poo

I don't hate this, but only because it looks like the kind of cars I drew when I was 7. :allears:

If I had that level of cash though I'd want something that looked like it was out of some ridiculous cartoon like GPX Cyber Formula...

...I'd want it with the active aero so it could change from the top to bottom images too because why the gently caress not?

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Alighieri posted:

WONDER NO MORE!!!

it looks like poo poo

They need to get an aerodynamicist. A plow is not an aerodynamic shape. The "wing" chord appears to be flat.

I feel bad for that crank. The thing must be twisting around like string cheese.

First thought: someone found a sketch made by an 8 year old that had "5000 horsey power" written on it.

nollij fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 11, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
This really is the best looking engine:

Untitled by Jonathan Gitlin, on Flickr

Took the FF to Cars and Coffee last week, this was also in attendance. The only factory supercharged Mosler apparently: Untitled by Jonathan Gitlin, on Flickr

The only other car I took my phone out for was this C7.R edition:

In my defense it was very cold, but that did mean I didn't get a shot of the F40 parked next to the Mosler.

Edit: yes I did, but for some reason it wasn't uploaded to Flickr

2015-12-05 08.21.18.jpg by Jonathan Gitlin, on Flickr

On the FF's Costco trip, we found this in the parking lot:

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 11, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Every Typhoon I've seen the past ~10 years has looked pretty worn down. Are they not considered collectibles yet or something?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Root Bear posted:

I actually enjoy almost all the cars you post, I love seeing restored/survivor cars, just not really enough to spend money on my own.

That jeep though... what the gently caress. I could care less about the Willys + 70s shell + 2wd, that's fine in a street jeep (hell, the Archer Bros raced a pair of 2wd MJs in SCCA and cleaned house with them) but what the gently caress??????

Root Bear posted:

carbureted LS3

That's the turd in the punch bowl right there.

e: here's some pictures since I realized I was breaking the thread rules

My buddy Sam's J10 that I've posted before. He just upgraded a bunch of stuff on it... built a cage for it, a ton of armor, new beadlocks, Rhino grille, etc.
Full fleet (they all drive! Factory 401 Eagle edition on the left)

Just after finishing it:

Snow donuts:

It's still got the 60 front, 60/14 rear (can't remember which), doubler, twinsticked transfer case, NV4500 trans, LQ9 6.0L Vortec, 40" tires, etc.

Probably one of my favorite J truck builds ever, Mikel's 6x6 M715 build being the other contender.

kastein fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 11, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

:swoon: that loving F40

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

That's the turd in the punch bowl right there.

Yeah, I don't get it either. None of the reasons hold up. If you do it because you hate computers, you either need a computer to run the ignition or a very spendy Ford distributor adapter. If you think you're saving money, well, neither of those options are cheap, and the carb manifold for any LSx engine is also fairly spendy. If you want it to drop in with a minimum of change to the vehicle, not going to a different engine family is certainly less of a change than a LS swap.

If you really just want to have the throttle body on top of your manifold instead of in front of it, you have better choices too.

I realize they don't offer that much in terms of performance, especially in terms of how much they cost, but drat do I want some.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

xzzy posted:

Every Typhoon I've seen the past ~10 years has looked pretty worn down. Are they not considered collectibles yet or something?

They were cheap for awhile, and bought by rednecks who now want a mint.

Also almost every body piece is $infinity to purchase, so a lot of them now look like rear end.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, I don't get it either. None of the reasons hold up. If you do it because you hate computers, you either need a computer to run the ignition or a very spendy Ford distributor adapter. If you think you're saving money, well, neither of those options are cheap, and the carb manifold for any LSx engine is also fairly spendy. If you want it to drop in with a minimum of change to the vehicle, not going to a different engine family is certainly less of a change than a LS swap.

If you really just want to have the throttle body on top of your manifold instead of in front of it, you have better choices too.

I realize they don't offer that much in terms of performance, especially in terms of how much they cost, but drat do I want some.

Fuuuuuck. They're so expensive, but god drat are they pretty.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Meaty.

I quite like the standard versions of these, even the 4 door is a handsome car.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Saw this Mustang today. Dunno much about it. Looks nice though.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Somewhat Heroic posted:

A good friend of mine is finally approaching the finish line of a project that he has been working on for years:

A 1980 Volkswagen Rabbit pickup

Your friend is a hero and you should buy him am account then force him to post everything. Caddys are so rad and that is one rad caddy.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Saw this Mustang today. Dunno much about it. Looks nice though.

Yeah, '67 is basically the most attractive year.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IOwnCalculus posted:

I bet they sound like Satan rising too :flashfap:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.saabplanet.com/honda-n600-with-a-saab-b234-engine-and-saab-900-drivetrain/

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/nN2jKCe.gifv

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

This is loving awesome. I think Im in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Im confused about what is happening with the throttle body on that K20, it looks like a weird little box that maybe goes straight down instead of towards the driver side?