Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

does van helsing final cut fix the horrible netcode? when I last tried 2 it was nearly unplayable, and I remember 1 having issues too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

-Blackadder- posted:

Haha, thanks you guys, but no worries, I already picked it up in a trade this morning.

Actually I traded Onimusha 3 + Clive Barker's Jericho for Shadows of Mordor + Grim Dawn + Van Helsing II. All I need now is Van Helsing III and I can get Final Cut, then WAR MACHINE!
How do you sleep at night after such a heartless trade.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

TFA along with steam sales caused me to now own KOTOR 1 and 2 on steam, along with Empire at War.

I also bought Endless Legends and all its DLC...

Sales are so tempting.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

zedprime posted:

How do you sleep at night after such a heartless trade.

Honestly, that was my very first trade and the dude I traded with was a pro who had like 800 positive trades on steamgifts, I was afraid I was being taken for a ride since both games I traded had been removed from Steam. I just assumed he would be getting a lot more for them with his connections since they were rare or whatever.

He seemed like a nice guy, though, and I got to put a decent dent in my Winter Sale Steam Cart, so I'm happy.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 30, 2015

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

corn in the bible posted:

but seriously you should order that law and order legacies dvd before theyre all gone

get on it

:negative:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Time Tenshi is a game about time traveling and breasts. It also has a plot twist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

Time Tenshi is a game about time traveling and breasts. It also has a plot twist.

Is it the same twist from All You Zombies?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I've seen Alien Rage mentioned once or twice, can I get some more details on how it is?

Speaking of which what are some goon recommendations for Alien and/or Sci-Fi First or Third Person Shooters? I'm thinking of stuff like non-lovely Aliens Colonial Marines or an FPS version of the immortal classic Xenophobe. I really wish they hadn't cancelled that Starcraft FPS, it would've been so glorious to roast some Zerg from the first person view of a Firebat.

Semi-related, I was also looking for stuff that involved weird sci-fi tech and maybe time travel like Singularity.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 30, 2015

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah it's not so bad once you know that.

The nasty one is the bridge

I didn't find that one so hard Just go up during the day and unlock the safehouse. Then sleep, walk out and grab the lights

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

-Blackadder- posted:

non-lovely Aliens Colonial Marines

SPACE BEAST TERROR FRIGHT

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SynthOrange posted:

Is it the same twist from All You Zombies?

The tits come from the future?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Ciaphas posted:

The tits come from the future?

By the end of the game you realize that they're your tits.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

-Blackadder- posted:

Speaking of which what are some goon recommendations for Alien and/or Sci-Fi First or Third Person Shooters?

also:

system shock 2
tron 2.0
retrovirus
crysis 2
quake 2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

-Blackadder- posted:

By the end of the game you realize that they're your tits.

commence fondling

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Wait, you traded Onimusha 3 and Jericho for that? Christ, you can still find Onimusha and Jericho combined for like $45 if you scratch around looking for hard to find taken off Steam games.

If anybody has a copy of Infernal or Wanted : Weapons of Fate hanging around in their Steam inventory, that's where the big bucks lie. Both of those go for $200+ these days.

Hint, by the way, if you have a copy of either of those games in your inventory, let me know!

e: Commandos Strike Force, Anno 1701, Empires Dawn of the Modern World, and The Movies are all also really hot commodities, though at this point, most people assume they are all used up/gone.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 30, 2015

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rookersh posted:

Wait, you traded Onimusha 3 and Jericho for that? Christ, you can still find Onimusha and Jericho combined for like $45 if you scratch around looking for hard to find taken off Steam games.

If anybody has a copy of Infernal or Wanted : Weapons of Fate hanging around in their Steam inventory, that's where the big bucks lie. Both of those go for $200+ these days.

Hint, by the way, if you have a copy of either of those games in your inventory, let me know!

$45 is more than Shadow of Mordor, Grim Dawn, and VH2 keys would cost.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i am a visual novel fan. i watched scarybagels play sakura santa. it's Bad

i wish 999/VLR would come to Steam

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

No word on those but if Steins;Gate comes to Steam as rumoured it's well worth playing through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rookersh posted:

Why is Infernal worth that much? I got it from the old rear end Eidos Pack I bought in my first year of Steam and didn't seem to remember liking it much.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

-Blackadder- posted:

I've seen Alien Rage mentioned once or twice, can I get some more details on how it is?

Speaking of which what are some goon recommendations for Alien and/or Sci-Fi First or Third Person Shooters? I'm thinking of stuff like non-lovely Aliens Colonial Marines or an FPS version of the immortal classic Xenophobe. I really wish they hadn't cancelled that Starcraft FPS, it would've been so glorious to roast some Zerg from the first person view of a Firebat.

Semi-related, I was also looking for stuff that involved weird sci-fi tech and maybe time travel like Singularity.

Bulletstorm
Binary Domain
XCOM The Bureau is a really good third person strategy shooter.
Dishonored can be played that way. You don't have to use stealth, and the Chaos storyline is pretty baller.
Wolfenstein New Order is sci-fi and really loving awesome.
Chronicles of Riddick
EYE Divine Cybermancy needs some work on your end, but if you put in the energy it will certainly love you back.
Earth Defense Force is all about shooting space bugs that are invading earth and destroying cities.
FEAR 1 or 3.
Crysis 2
Hard Reset plays like a bad version of Quake, but people seem to like it.
Lost Planet 2 or 3 are good, 3 had a way better story, but its gameplay got a little slow and same collectathony after a while.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

So it is. Thought he said Van Helsing Final Cut.

Rirse posted:

Why is Infernal worth that much? I got it from the old rear end Eidos Pack I bought in my first year of Steam and didn't seem to remember liking it much.

Nobody had many copies in their inventory/wasn't really on many keysites. No real bulk buildup from bundles. It's a bad game, but you don't understand -collecting-.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

i am a visual novel fan. i watched scarybagels play sakura santa. it's Bad

Wrong. Sakura Santa is good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

No word on those but if Steins;Gate comes to Steam as rumoured it's well worth playing through.
yeah. i'm not a huge fan of visual novel pricing these days though

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Over in the roguelike thread we've been voting for our favorite roguelikes and posting thoughts about them, and afterwards there were prizes to hand out (some cool devs handed out RL keys, some goons kicked in games, and the rest was from my absurd bundle game overflow). There are apparently not enough regular posters to run through all the free games though. So I thought I'd share the wealth with the steam threads.

In exchange for one (1) game from the premium game list or multiple (no hard number just be reasonable) games from the base game from my cool Google Sheet, I would ask that you do the following:

1) Write a short blurb about your favorite roguelike / roguelite game. Just your absolute favorite. Keep in mind that we are super open about what a roguelike is. Basically if a dev thinks they can call their game that, we'll accept it. The blurb should be like a paragraph long. You can also just quote someone else's post about their favorite if it is also yours and expand on their comment.

2) In the same post include the name of the game(s) you would like.

3) In the same post if you do not have PMs post your steam ID and I will eventually add you and send the keys. If you have PMs I'll just message you on here.

For the new year we're doing a new roguelike thread and I'm going to include all these selections in our voting under a "non-roguelike players like these games" section.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kibayasu posted:

Who would say TNO gets better after the prologue? I mean, it does, but the prologue is still great.

After getting home today and playing the game proper, the prologue was great but holy poo poo does it feel good to be the World's Biggest loving Killer of Nazis waking up in a world where the Nazis won the war. I mean yeah I guess it sucks the whole "Nazis taking over the world thing", but it really just gives me motivation to kill the gently caress out of some more Nazis.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm Psyched.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

King Vidiot posted:

After getting home today and playing the game proper, the prologue was great but holy poo poo does it feel good to be the World's Biggest loving Killer of Nazis waking up in a world where the Nazis won the war. I mean yeah I guess it sucks the whole "Nazis taking over the world thing", but it really just gives me motivation to kill the gently caress out of some more Nazis.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm Psyched.

Best part? Every time you think the game can't get any better ... IT DOES!

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
HOLY poo poo HOW IS SNAKEBIRD SO loving HARD

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
goddammn Xcom has a lot of tutorials. I've always been strongly of the opinion that if you have to do tutorials then you should either knock them all out quickly or space them out enough that it doesn't feel obnoxious. I hate it when games are just cutscene-tutorial-cutscene-tutorial for the first couple hours.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Rookersh posted:

Jordan7hm posted:

Rookersh posted:

So it is. Thought he said Van Helsing Final Cut.

Wait, so did I get a decent enough deal or what? The trade is still pending since I didn't have mobile authentication setup. Not that I would cancel it, since I feel that would be kind of dickish, a deal is a deal. But I'm interested to know if I got completely creamed on it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

goddammn Xcom has a lot of tutorials. I've always been strongly of the opinion that if you have to do tutorials then you should either knock them all out quickly or space them out enough that it doesn't feel obnoxious. I hate it when games are just cutscene-tutorial-cutscene-tutorial for the first couple hours.

If XCOM is giving you cutscene-tutorial-cutscene-tutorial for hours you may want to check Steam because you aren't playing XCOM.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

If XCOM is giving you cutscene-tutorial-cutscene-tutorial for hours you may want to check Steam because you aren't playing XCOM.

All I know is I have been playing for an hour now and am still knee deep in tutorial stuff.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

-Blackadder- posted:

Wait, so did I get a decent enough deal or what? The trade is still pending since I didn't have mobile authentication setup. Not that I would cancel it, since I feel that would be kind of dickish, a deal is a deal. But I'm interested to know if I got completely creamed on it.

Mordor is like ~13$ and grim dawn is like ~15$ and VH2 is like ~7.50$.

I think you did fine, but the other guy comes out ahead crazyperson steam collector wise.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Full Bore seems pretty cool.

I love how the boar will happily smash his head against the wall forever if you keep trying to do something impossible like, say, climb more than a square high.

Also, I've had the game running in the background for a couple of minutes now and the soundtrack is really good.

Occultatio posted:

HOLY poo poo HOW IS SNAKEBIRD SO loving HARD
:v:
How far are you in?

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Wizard Styles posted:

Also, I've had the game running in the background for a couple of minutes now and the soundtrack is really good.
yes

Wizard Styles posted:

:v:
How far are you in?

LEVEL 6

seriously, it feels like i have, literally, tried everything. I genuinely don't know what I haven't tried. AAAAAAGH.

I'm going to go blow some poo poo up now in an easier game with explosions, because I am apparently not smart enough for snakebird.

(though I am certain it's the sort of game i'll keep poking at until, weeks from now, i finally figure it out and can move onto level 7)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Occultatio posted:

yes

LEVEL 6

seriously, it feels like i have, literally, tried everything. I genuinely don't know what I haven't tried. AAAAAAGH.

I'm going to go blow some poo poo up now in an easier game with explosions, because I am apparently not smart enough for snakebird.

(though I am certain it's the sort of game i'll keep poking at until, weeks from now, i finally figure it out and can move onto level 7)

If you get stuck some of the other ones (level 21, level 10, whatever) are a bit easier and then you can come back to it.

I also found snakebird crazy hard though. My mind doesn't work that way.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sonel posted:

I didn't find that one so hard Just go up during the day and unlock the safehouse. Then sleep, walk out and grab the lights

Sure, if you're a little bitch baby. Right way is to scramble up there being chased, get the poo poo, and then jump off from the top of that loving bridge into the inky black night-water.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Kibayasu posted:

I don't know if you mean the same quest I'm thinking of (night, fenced in yard with patrolling volatiles, tons of zombies, a maze) but you can climb on top of the transformers in the yard.

Yeah, I was mostly just ranting about dying so many times.

The transformer-top trick though, is that you have to be in one specific yard, and if you pick the wrong one there's a zillion zombies in the doorway between yards. Anyway, after several tries I found the RIGHT yard to get into and beat the mission at night. I then spent a good 5-10 minutes picking up the stuff the zillion zombies dropped, less because I needed it, and more out of sheer spite.

I also finally got a break and found an American Beretta in a locked police van in the northeast. (Shortly afterwards a vendor at the Ferry Terminal had a German pistol for sale, but that's neither here nor there.) I'm glad that the guns don't seem to degrade and break like anything else. (Unless they DO and you just can't repair them at all. :v: )

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Part of what makes snakebird so hard is that even if you *know* what to do to solve a puzzle, it's a colossal effort to maneuver to that point.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yeah, but the trick is that you have to be in one specific yard, and if you pick the wrong one there's a zillion zombies in the doorway between yards. Anyway, after several tries I found the RIGHT yard to get into and beat the mission at night. I then spent a good 5-10 minutes picking up the stuff the zillion zombies dropped, less because I needed it, and more out of sheer spite.

I also finally got a break and found an American Beretta in a locked police van in the northeast. (Shortly afterwards a vendor at the Ferry Terminal had a German pistol for sale, but that's neither here nor there.) I'm glad that the guns don't seem to degrade and break like anything else. (Unless they DO and you just can't repair them at all. :v: )

Once you get further into the game your melee weapons get ludicrously difficult to break so it stops really being a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Jordan7hm posted:

Mordor is like ~13$ and grim dawn is like ~15$ and VH2 is like ~7.50$.

I think you did fine, but the other guy comes out ahead crazyperson steam collector wise.

That's pretty much what I expected and I'm fine with it. As long as the two games aren't worth ~$100 or something ridiculous, I'm happy with what I got.

Zetsubou-san posted:

SPACE BEAST TERROR FRIGHT
system shock 2
tron 2.0
retrovirus
crysis 2
quake 2

Drifter posted:

Bulletstorm
Binary Domain
XCOM The Bureau is a really good third person strategy shooter.
Dishonored can be played that way. You don't have to use stealth, and the Chaos storyline is pretty baller.
Wolfenstein New Order is sci-fi and really loving awesome.
Chronicles of Riddick
EYE Divine Cybermancy needs some work on your end, but if you put in the energy it will certainly love you back.
Earth Defense Force is all about shooting space bugs that are invading earth and destroying cities.
FEAR 1 or 3.
Crysis 2
Hard Reset plays like a bad version of Quake, but people seem to like it.
Lost Planet 2 or 3 are good, 3 had a way better story, but its gameplay got a little slow and same collectathony after a while.

Thanks, some good looking recommendations, I'll check them out!

• Locked thread