Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

fishmech posted:

Cruz is only ahead (maybe) in Iowa. Trump still leads nationally.

Huh? Aren't Pataki and Graham both out? Why aren't they "--" in the 2016 figures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

“Oh, for heaven's sakes, Dana [Bash] — for heaven's sakes, can't a girl ever have a little bit of fun?" Fiorina asked. "That was a tongue-in-cheek tweet, which the people of Iowa understand, because I was asked over and over again in Iowa, having attended a Hawkeye tailgate. I was asked. They knew that my heart was torn."

lmao

quote:

"You would think, based on this reaction, that I had some — said something really controversial, like, you know, ISIS is a JV team, or this demonstration was a result of a video," she said. "Let's just say, if the biggest mistake I make is a tongue-in-cheek tweet about a Rose Bowl, the America people will sleep safely when I'm president of the United States. … I guess it was a slow news day for the media.”

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 3, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Huh? Aren't Pataki and Graham both out? Why aren't they "--" in the 2016 figures?

I guess some of the folk polled didn't get the memo that their candidate dropped out :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

what's funny about this

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

a cop posted:

Holy poo poo, Trump's up to nearly 10k viewers on that youtube stream? It used to hover anywhere around 2-5k.

You know who else had a lot of viewers on his youtube stream?
That's right, :godwin:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

what's funny about this

carly fiorina is a bad politician

vvv

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/carly-fiorina-rose-bowl-tweet-217285

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 3, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Aliquid posted:

carly fiorina is a bad politician

i know that much, but like, what did she do that was bad, all I see is some football stuff and i don't quite see why that matters

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

i know that much, but like, what did she do that was bad, all I see is some football stuff and i don't quite see why that matters

she said "I like my alma mater but I'm rooting for Iowa's team" and everybody told her to gently caress off

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

She pandered in the most transparent way possible and it involved football, something even more sacred to Americans than party identification

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
These Cruz ads are getting down right weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkQz8vZ0jsU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Iowa's a bunch of losers. Terrible people. No one should care what they think.
We'll make America great again. Except Iowa. Such a low energy state.

I kind of want to add this text below my av, it really cuts to the truth.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Most recent national poll was released Dec 23rd, covering Dec 17th-21st. Graham dropped out on the 21st, and they stopped including him in the question, but he still got 1%. Pataki dropped out afterwards.

So, just wait for the next national poll.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

It wasn't 'bad' like she said 'I hope we purge the negro menace from our streets' or whatever but it was a really lame transparent pander and her reaction to people going 'man gently caress off' is awesomely over the top.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How dumb do you have to be to do that. All it sends is the message that you don't give a gently caress.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Fiorina thought that people in Iowa would consider supporting her because she said she would root for the Iowa Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl. Even though they were playing her alma mater, Stanford. Despite what she must think, people in Iowa are not that stupid and all it did was piss them off, because it was patronizing. So she probably ended up losing support in Iowa, because no Iowa Hawkeye fan who saw that is going to vote for her now.

It's all very stupid if you really think about it, but it's also funny because Fiorina misread it so poorly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fronz posted:

she said "I like my alma mater but I'm rooting for Iowa's team" and everybody told her to gently caress off

nachos posted:

She pandered in the most transparent way possible and it involved football, something even more sacred to Americans than party identification

ah, i understand now. maybe if i watched football i'd care more but i can at least lol at someone throwing their school under the bus for cheap political points that don't even really matter

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

People suspect that all politicians lack core convictions and will back stab what they profess hold dear if it will score them quick political points, but usually they are less blatant about it and do it for issues that are much less pointless.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'll never figure out why so many Americans are stupid enough to think any politician who will wear camo and duck boots is a regular guy just like them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Isn't that Rand Paul's Symbol?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol that stupid shotgun still

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Halloween Jack posted:

I'll never figure out why so many Americans are stupid enough to think any politician who will wear camo and duck boots is a regular guy just like them.

if you vote for these types of candidates then you're the person stupid enough :smith:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Montasque posted:

These Cruz ads are getting down right weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkQz8vZ0jsU

Nice groove i dig it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Isn't that Rand Paul's Symbol?

No, Rand uses a torch graphic.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

No, Rand uses a torch graphic.

Yeah I looked it up and realized my mistake, I guess being the Light on the Hill or whatever they're going for is a common theme

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
anything is better than rubio's tiny little american flag and godawful overused slogan

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I think Cruz and Huckabee might be my most hated candidates of the election. Everyone else is either more of an inoffensive generic conservative or at least entertaining in their hatemongering. These seem to go out of their way to be as repulsive as possible without redeeming qualities that would make me less likely to feed them to lions.

I hope Carson receives needed assistance in his personal life.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

The Princeton educated Harvard Law grad who wouldn't study with fellow Harvard Law students from "lessier Ivies" is a down to earth regular guy just like you!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

OctoberBlues posted:

Fiorina thought that people in Iowa would consider supporting her because she said she would root for the Iowa Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl. Even though they were playing her alma mater, Stanford. Despite what she must think, people in Iowa are not that stupid and all it did was piss them off, because it was patronizing. So she probably ended up losing support in Iowa, because no Iowa Hawkeye fan who saw that is going to vote for her now.

It's all very stupid if you really think about it, but it's also funny because Fiorina misread it so poorly.

The second I saw her tweet, I knew Iowa was going to lose. That is how bad Carly Fiorina is.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
They said he couldn't poll lower than Rand and Huckabee, but Kasich did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGWtlJLYvk

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Joementum posted:

They said he couldn't poll lower than Rand and Huckabee, but Kasich did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGWtlJLYvk

Give. Up.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 22, 2016

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Cruz is that perfect combination where he believes every crazy thing he says, but he has no real principles. It's what makes him the scariest, creepiest candidate. Trump lives in a narcissistic fantasy world, but I think I can actually grasp that better than whatever Cruz is thinking. What does Cruz believe in?
I really do want to know.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
America never give up.

America taking the three babby back to New York.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

I love this. I am so entertained right now.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I love this. I am so entertained right now.

you're really gonna love the next nine years!

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

GlyphGryph posted:

It's cold, but I think it's at least somewhat understandable?

It seems he absolutely hated his brother, and (possibly) screwed him out of the will. From the sound of it, though, it's perfectly possible no screwing happened at all except for his brother screwing himself and his own family over with his substance abuse. Still, let's assume that he pissed Trump off badly enough that Trump bumped him out of the will.
Regardless of how much he hated his brother, he was still giving his nephew and his nephew's family money out of generosity, trying to be the better man sort of situation. From his point of view, he was doing the right thing for his brother's family, far more than his brother ever earned or deserved.
If there's one thing Trump seems to hate, it's getting backstabbed, and that's basically what happened next - they rewarded his generosity with accusations and lawsuit.

Okay, so it might be petty, but... would you be particularly keen on giving money to people who are actively suing you, and not just suing you but making some pretty nasty accusations in the process? Even if they need the cash, that's gotta hurt.

It really does demonstrate how vindictive Trump can be to people he perceives as having betrayed him in some way though. I wonder how badly he wants to kill Cruz right now.

Yeah, this is my read on it. The fact that Trump is famously straight edge also says something.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

smackfu posted:

It looks like Cruz basically picked up all of Carsons lost support in Iowa, while Trump has been pretty flat.

What the hell is your definition of "flat?" where Trump gained 10 points since a month ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

• Locked thread