Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

I see that and raise you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

You should come on down to Beet's Discout Space Game. All of my PAARRPS are realistically modeled using actual Pyhsicks (TM) and realistic flight interaction operation modes! Come on down and choose from one of our many exciting titles, including:

Ebeet: Dangerous

X Reborth

Stur Citizen (the only game to date that features realistic sturgeon life-cycles!)

Legion of Defenders

and so many more!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Even birds.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wat... Rrussom loves to use that for "Grimcreep'd Again" quotes... i miss starbound :(

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

FU. How about thanking me?

Thanks, O Warlord of a thousand victories, drinker of the tears of the Cloud Imperium. (Nobody wants to rape their women.)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

you realize there's a janky pile of poo poo they can log in to see that is woefully incomplete and way behind schedule

Yeah, you realize that none of that really interests an editor until normal people are buying, and not the kind of poop-throwing retards that throw in for crowdfunding. At this moment in time the only people interested either have money in the game, are on this forum or are watching to see if anyone actually takes a swipe at the Escapist.

I mean a real swipe, not the pretend lawyering.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

You should come on down to Beet's Discout Space Game. All of my PAARRPS are realistically modeled using actual Pyhsicks (TM) and realistic flight interaction operation modes! Come on down and choose from one of our many exciting titles, including:

Ebeet: Dangerous

X Reborth

Stur Citizen (the only game to date that features realistic sturgeon life-cycles!)

Legion of Defenders

and so many more!

Dont you mean Ebeet : Dangeroot ? Its got the new soil aeration mechanics released last december.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Lowtax posted:

Um clearly the Space Rape module will be released before the Showering Naked Space Lady module, do you not know anything about basic game design?!?

Game design comes after space rape.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Do You Want to Be Certified As a Private Spacecraft Pilot?

If you have the necessary flight hours (around 20-25), you can sit for the Private Spacecraft Pilot certification exam. If you score an 80% or higher, you will receive the Private Spacecraft Pilot certification, an example of which you can see here: UEE Sample

Take exam here: Private Spacecraft Certification Exam

Q: What's on the test? A: The test is practical knowledge focused, with questions aimed at useful skills that will help players become more proficient pilots. Content such as understanding key markings on the HUD, familiarization with common ship components and flight modes, recognizing various landing symbiology etc.

Q: Is it hard? A: That depends. If you have spent significant time with the game, and have taken the time to familiarize yourself with basic flight systems, then an 80% score should be easily obtainable. If you are a relatively inexperienced SC pilot then you may have to spend some time in "ground school." This just means checking out various guides for beginners. There are so many great ones out there, but I really enjoy the INN Legacy Instructional Series which you can find here: http://imperialnews.network/lis/) I also based many questions off various ship manuals, like this one for the Hornet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6FJEde5ciAUVWQtaXpncHFFeG8/view (credit again to INN) I strove to make it somewhat difficult so that there would be a sense of accomplishment in passing, but not too difficult so that I was writing questions that weren't practical to the gameplay experience.

Q: Um why the heck would I want to take a test for "fun"? A: The test is not meant to be for entertainment value in and of itself. It came about as a result of me wanting to become a better SC pilot, and I realized that even with decent stick time, there was still much about the flight experience that I didn't understand. I set out to collect and learn all I could, and as an educator irl, it occurred to me that it would be really cool if there was some sort of benchmark assessment I could gear up for, just like there is for real pilots. The end goal is to become a better pilot, the certificate is just a silly carrot for improving.

Q: Where did this idea originate? A: This idea is certainly not new to me. It has been bandied about in various forms before both on Reddit and in the official forums. here is a discussion from August I found to be very logical. CR has broached this subject as well I believe in a 10FTC, but try as I might I could not find it. The idea of certification really appeals to me for a variety of reasons. This is meant to be a relatively deep skill based game. Any endeavor that requires skill lends itself to some sort of certification process.

Q: Aren't the game and it's flight systems constantly evolving? A: Yes

Q: Then doesn't doing something like this now seem a bit silly? A: Sure, specific details may change, but much of the skills covered in the exam are purposefully very basic. Understanding the basics now is certainly not going to be harmful when the final game releases.

Q: Will you come to my house and proctor the exam for me to increase my immersion? A: No

Q: Don't real life pilots have to take entire series of exams? A: Of course. They also have check rides meant to prove their real proficiency with the aircraft they will be using. Any pilot can tell you the importance of acquiring flight hours as well, both in certification and in tangible skill increases. Let me reiterate, if you want to become a better pilot, there is nothing better than hands on experience. This is simply meant as a basic starting point.

Q: Uh ... Civil Spacefaring Authority? Is that an actual thing from CIG? A: Nah. I went back and read through the Writer's Guides, and have not been able to find anything referring to any sort of transportation regulatory body, which of course would exist in the Star Citizen universe. It does seem that the department would fall under the auspices of the High-Secretary, as seen in this flow chart: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/rhifbhr9fli9kr/post/UEE_PoliticalStructure3.jpg I spent way too much time thinking about what the UEE's version of the FAA might be called, and came up with the CSA. Credit to NAIIMA from the forums for their logo. If an actual department has been mentioned by CIG, please let me know.

Q: This is cute and all, but there's no way I'm taking a stupid test, so thanks but no thanks. A: That wasn't a question.

Q: I aced this test and have watched The Martian like 25 times. Am I pretty much a real spaceman now? A: No. Sorry.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
From Matilda2013's Reddit:

I'm still convinced it's Sandi. If not her, then I'm at least 100% positive it's someone within CIG. It's interesting looking at where her posting career started and how she jumped _immediately_ into posting about the drama. I just have a hard time believing anyone at CIG would give this much of a poo poo aside from her.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So busy you guys! Just so busy!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

quote:

"We actually have some gadgets which are good for stealth and distractions. We're going through and reactivating and polishing them from Star Marine and they will also debut with Star Marine. But we have the hologram gadget where you can put up a hologram version of yourself and you can be off sneaking somewhere else. We are going to have definite things that will help you with hiding your radar and noise signature, or heat signature, and stuff like that. So we definitely want that. We have vents where you can sneak around or crawl around in and outflank people and do stuff like that."

Wait, I've heard of this stuff somewhere before...

Yep, that was stuff you could do in Duke Nukem 3D.

Also, most FPS games now are moving away from the whole "tactical" angle in favor for the "run and gun" action because no one wants to wait 10 minutes in a deathmatch for the last two combatants to leave their camping points to shoot one another.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

aleksendr posted:

Dont you mean Ebeet : Dangeroot ? Its got the new soil aeration mechanics released last december.

We still haven't gotten our shipment of the expansion in yet. Soon though!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Young Freud posted:

Yep, that was stuff you could do in Duke Nukem 3D.

You man that game with an insanely good map making tool where I could shoot someone with a shrink ray only to have them escape by jetpacking out a air duct?

Too bad the game didn't have a stealth mechanic.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

"CIG watches .. citizen concerns on the forums" :rolleyes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zqqzj/should_the_sc_comunity_gather_together_and_ask/cyo8cx6

:barf:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zqqzj/should_the_sc_comunity_gather_together_and_ask/cyob650

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The funding meter is at 5% more than $100 million. This is important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zq248/105_million/

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
The only "broad" experience I'm interested in involves Space Raping one of them, come on guys, you know basic history backs me up on this one!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

But. have they finished the female crew shower room simulator module? Only reason for a good duct crawl.

Your asking a lot from a game without female skeleton rigs or skin.

A Constellation Phoenix hot tub is nothing but a big saussage soup of helmet wearing spacemen.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Space Rape: The inevitable consequence

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3zq248/105_million/cyoasq9

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Can someone find me a quote from croberts or sandi admitting that this alpha is a full fledged game? I want to prove a point to someone.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I personally think the reason Karl is super defensive about Sandi is because he has a correspondence with her and thinks she actually gives a poo poo about him, as many SC whales do.

This is the social aspect of Star Citizen, spend enough and Sandi becomes your friend.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I have no words for the recent turn of events :shepface:.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Can someone find me a quote from croberts or sandi admitting that this alpha is a full fledged game? I want to prove a point to someone.
Didn't she say that in exchanges with Beer?

There are statements to that effect in some of the refund exchanges posted here earlier-- maybe Peter or somebody who missed the refund window can paste that in...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

revmoo posted:

From Matilda2013's Reddit:

I'm still convinced it's Sandi. If not her, then I'm at least 100% positive it's someone within CIG. It's interesting looking at where her posting career started and how she jumped _immediately_ into posting about the drama. I just have a hard time believing anyone at CIG would give this much of a poo poo aside from her.
Look at all those times she says DEREK SMART. Who's obsessed now?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I don't know if they have, but that's basically the defense they're using for denying refunds.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He paid for them, so I'm glad he likes them.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

aleksendr posted:

Your asking a lot from a game without female skeleton rigs or skin.

A Constellation Phoenix hot tub is nothing but a big saussage soup of helmet wearing spacemen.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

G0RF posted:

Didn't she say that in exchanges with Beer?

There are statements to that effect in some of the refund exchanges posted here earlier-- maybe Peter or somebody who missed the refund window can paste that in...

Ok, some guy on youtube is saying "prove to me that this game isn't all we're going to get :smugface:"

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

DOMDOM posted:

She's quite the narcissist. I mean we already knew that, but jesus hire a PR person to put a filter on you and your husband's emotional outbursts. For a world class teacher businesswoman actress marine biologist twaekondo master scuba diver rollerskater linguist, it comes off incredibly unprofessional and amateurish. And much like Croberts outburst to the escapist, the real question is don't you have anything better to do than waste time fighting with people on the internet?

Was there any response on reddit or the official forums? seems like it would be verboten but always fun to see them attempt to spin it

Christ Chris this thread moves too fast to keep up with.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody considered the possibility that she was the one that wrote Crobert's angry letter? I mean, it's easy to assume that they are both given to angry rants, but maybe she's the one that actually drafted the thing?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

He paid for them, so I'm glad he likes them.

Last year or earlier this year Chelsea and :lesnick:'s wife made some comment about wishing citizens would stop creating support calls asking to buy their shoes.

This vital piece of new information was missing from the Imperial news networks transcript of that episode, I know because I looked for it. Who knows what other great parts of the game that is Star Citizen those bastards have failed to report on?

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
Derek "poo poo game" Smart said whole read right. Already guys everything, nothing before legal. Refund internet until letter goons money.
Project long, least story.
Real.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Um clearly the Space Rape module will be released before the Showering Naked Space Lady module, do you not know anything about basic game design?!?

Sorry. I forgot gameplay comes last. Oh, my immersion (between the thighs of an unwilling female crew member)!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wonder how long it took his mom to sew that vest thing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

lowtax lives in a doom house and runs a doomed forum.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Kinda looks like his barn door is open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The_Groove posted:

Derek "poo poo game" Smart said whole read right. Already guys everything, nothing before legal. Refund internet until letter goons money.
Project long, least story.
Real.

Have you had a stroke?

• Locked thread