Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

gasoline can/stack of matches 2016: jesus christ, let's just burn it all down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
as an attractive blonde woman of eastern european descent I feel I am one of the only people doondle troomp may favor in his new world order, please make me secretary of the interior

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Zelder posted:

i think it's fair to bust someone's chops for supporting a candidate based on a policy that they don't actually support

election years are big giant showboating magic shows, they say they can steal the statue of liberty but look it involves mirrors

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pick posted:

as an attractive blonde woman of eastern european descent I feel I am one of the only people doondle troomp may favor in his new world order, please make me secretary of the interior

just as long as you dont perform any bodily functions in a mile radius of him

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sagebrush posted:

Isn't it about time the USA had a truly awful president, though?

James Buchanan

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

just as long as you dont perform any bodily functions in a mile radius of him

dont worry my breasts are for male gaze only

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

Look at this dumb mother fucker, updating his theories as the situation changes

Someone buy this guy a beer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
as secretary of the interior, my perfect day is a long walk on the beach in cancun followed by strawberry mojitos

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

He said "generally." You even quoted it.

lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pick posted:

as secretary of the interior, my perfect day is a long walk on the beach in cancun followed by strawberry mojitos

makes sense since cancun will be part of the interior by then

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

breaklaw posted:

I'm not fully a non-ironic Trump supporter just yet but I'm coming around the idea more and more every day. Why? Because if Trump becomes president I believe he will be above all a disrupter.

Out of all the candidates, if they become president and have to deal with the lobbyists, the political money men, the power brokers, the banksters, the mainstream media - all of these greedy, corrupt, parasitic, interests who wield overwhelming and completely undue influence in our economy and our society, Donald Trump seems by far to be the one most likely to to tell them to go gently caress themselves and actually back up his threats with actions.

The fact that he is over 60 and a world famous multi-billionaire makes it hard to imagine anything substantial that any these people can really do for him. His status is such that he says he can't be bought off by special interests it is actually somewhat believable. The only thing he has left to achieve is a lasting legacy of being adored by the masses for Making America Great Again, and I think if given the chance he will at least attempt to take some of these fuckers down a notch if for no other reason that it'll feel great doing it, and he can write a book bragging about his war stories and body count.

I also don't believe for a second that he will actually try to build a border wall or track Muslims in a database. He is saying these these to pander to the republican base because if he talked about his actual positions he wouldn't be able to win the nomination of either party. If Trump gets the nom his pivot to the center will be the biggest pivot ever, and an actual centrist working to move the country forward and do something for the %99 is far more palatable to me than a life long corporatist elitist with nothing but lip service and platitudes for us but everything else for them.

Our politics are so broken and dysfunctional in this country that we need a major disruption, a serious shock to the system to have any hope dislodging the political and economic elites robbing us blind daily from their position of owning two branches of government and renting out the third. I had high hopes for Obama but in hindsight those were foolish and naive hopes in the first place. I'm on the verge of honestly supporting Trump because he seems to be in a better position than anyone else I've seen in my lifetime to actually start changing the system from within, simple as that.

This is straight-up accelerationist bullshit. You know, people DO have to live here, and after Trump triggers WWIII because Putin makes fun of his stubby fingers, it's going to make life awful difficult for average Americans.

Trump won't change squat. He is a childish, immature, spoiled brat and a thin-skinned wuss who has no real belief system other than "What will get the greatest number of cameras focused on me?"

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 25, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

babypolis posted:

ok you are objectively wrong on those first 3, and the last 2 are pretty questionable

Is Trump actually more interventionist than Hillary? It's hard for me to nail down because so much of what he says is bluster and not specific proposals. But he's definitely less hawkish than the average Republican.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Actually a warming of relations with Putin/Russia is one of the biggest differences between Trump and the rest of the GOP field.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

James Buchanan

Did James Buchanan name the months of the year after himself? No. He's a loser. Trump would. You know who else did that? Caesar.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

accelerationism is the best political belief, because it's predicated on the idea that people will finally pay attention to who is rat loving them if we let the rat loving get really, really truly awful as opposed to the regular level of "really awful"

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

babypolis posted:

trump will be every bit as greedy and corrupt as any of them

Yeah, but also way, way funnier.

I honestly don't see how it loving matters to America at this point. You're going to get neither anti-Mexican pogroms, nor meaningful reform of anything Bernie talks about.

When the machine is evil, I support the spanner stuck in the gears. That the spanner is also evil is less important.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Iowa betting report: Trump and Cruz widened to almost 2:1 recently and I made the "oooooooh poo poo" face when I saw it. Check out how big of a reversal it is:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

I honestly don't see how it loving matters to America at this point. You're going to get neither anti-Mexican pogroms, nor meaningful reform of anything Bernie talks about.

When the machine is evil, I support the spanner stuck in the gears. That the spanner is also evil is less important.

i think you'll find that a republican president, with a republican congress, and a republican supreme court, would not really be a spanner in the gears. it'd be more like turning the machine to high production.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Jewel Repetition posted:

Is Trump actually more interventionist than Hillary? It's hard for me to nail down because so much of what he says is bluster and not specific proposals. But he's definitely less hawkish than the average Republican.

Just wait and see. You are going to love what he does. It will make America great again. The people are tired of losing. We don't win anymore.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Yeah but you're rich as gently caress so it doesn't matter to you either way

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Mason-Dixon poll of Minnesota (March 1st election date): http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-poll-results-presidential-race/366232021/

23% Rubio
21% Cruz
18% Trump
11% Carson
7% Bush

quote:

Bush and Trump had the highest unfavorable name recognition at 61 percent each.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
^^^ lol a poll where Trump isn't leading, yeah right

Don't both Bernie and Trump want to rebuild our failing and crumbling infrastructure too?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Respectfully, this is crap. The legislative process is broken, yes. But I ask--how the gently caress does Donald loving Trump do anything to fix it other than provide you with giggles for four years?

Efforts to reverse what is happening don't start at the top anyway--they start at the state and local level.

Call me an idealist but I believe there are ways we could fix what's wrong. Trump, however, isn't the solution. He is the very avatar of the problem.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

rscott posted:

Yeah but you're rich as gently caress so it doesn't matter to you either way

Not *that* rich.

More importantly, not American. Your politics is like crack but with no hangover.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

This is straight-up accelerationist bullshit. You know, people DO have to live here, and after Trump triggers WWIII because Putin makes fun of his stubby fingers, it's going to make life awful difficult for average Americans.

Trump won't change squat. He is a childish, immature, spoiled brat and a thin-skinned wuss who has no real belief system other than "What will get the greatest number of cameras focused on me?"

I can see not liking Trump, but I really don't get how you can try to paint him as stupid or irrational. There is no reason to believe that he would take massively risky actions based on emotion, and no reason to believe that he won't hire good people and listen to their advice.

And his ego is part of my reason for supporting him and believing that he will try to change things. Like I said, he's had the money, he's had the power, he's had the women, the only thing left is the glory. How's he going to get to the glory if he doesn't actually deliver at least something? At least enough that he can spin to make it seem better than it is. If he's president he has no reason not to go after the hedge funds, the tax evaders, the too-big-to-fails and the "innovative banking product" bastards at a minimum. That is much more than Obama did or what Hillary would probably do.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
"The fact of the matter is that most of [Trump supporters] are childless, single men who masturbate to anime."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiS6a1XE91M

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Since politicians are beholden to the billionaire class, clearly the thing to to is just skip the middleman and elect the most odious billionaire we can find. Bonus points if he does a Mussolini impression. TRUMP 2016!

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

breaklaw posted:

I can see not liking Trump, but I really don't get how you can try to paint him as stupid or irrational.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/265895292191248385

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

^^^ lol a poll where Trump isn't leading, yeah right

Don't both Bernie and Trump want to rebuild our failing and crumbling infrastructure too?

trump wont be able to do any stimulus with his garbage tax plan

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Respectfully, this is crap. The legislative process is broken, yes. But I ask--how the gently caress does Donald loving Trump do anything to fix it other than provide you with giggles for four years?

He won't. The giggles are the sum total of his appeal.

Which still leaves him way more appealing than any other candidate.

quote:

Efforts to reverse what is happening don't start at the top anyway--they start at the state and local level.

I think the happening has happened at this point, but you're right. So who gives a poo poo who's President? The only victor is intertia.

quote:

Call me an idealist but I believe there are ways we could fix what's wrong. Trump, however, isn't the solution. He is the very avatar of the problem.

Yes. He is Problem personified. Which is a hell of a lot better looking to a lot of people right now that an absolute nothing dressed up like Solution.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Mitt Romney posted:

Mason-Dixon poll of Minnesota (March 1st election date): http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-poll-results-presidential-race/366232021/

23% Rubio
21% Cruz
18% Trump
11% Carson
7% Bush

I can see Trump losing Minnesota and Wisconsin, those states don't like his brand of bullshit.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

Iowa betting report: Trump and Cruz widened to almost 2:1 recently and I made the "oooooooh poo poo" face when I saw it. Check out how big of a reversal it is:

Cruz burned in Iowa after trying to stump the Trump

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

breaklaw posted:

I can see not liking Trump, but I really don't get how you can try to paint him as stupid or irrational. There is no reason to believe that he would take massively risky actions based on emotion, and no reason to believe that he won't hire good people and listen to their advice.

And his ego is part of my reason for supporting him and believing that he will try to change things. Like I said, he's had the money, he's had the power, he's had the women, the only thing left is the glory. How's he going to get to the glory if he doesn't actually deliver at least something? At least enough that he can spin to make it seem better than it is. If he's president he has no reason not to go after the hedge funds, the tax evaders, the too-big-to-fails and the "innovative banking product" bastards at a minimum. That is much more than Obama did or what Hillary would probably do.

hilarious projection aside, donald trump has spent 25 years of his life trying to get a man to agree that his fingers are not stubby

he also has incorrect beliefs about vaccination

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

drat those wily Chinamen, I bet they're leaving their stoves on to slowly increase the global temperature!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

breaklaw posted:

I don't see where you're getting that Trump wants to do any of this. He only ever dissed the hedge fund guys because they get a tax loophole that most other billionaires don't.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Saurus posted:

I've opposed the idea of uncurtailed immigration for most of my life, both from culturally backwards Islamic countries and from poorer countries that simply provide an easily exploitable cheap labour force for the rich to drive down the wages and conditions of legal workers. I also don't see anything inherently wrong with nationalism in and of itself so long as it doesn't cross over into jingoistic expansionism - And Trump was against the Iraq war.

I also want a social democracy as laid out by Bernie Sanders.

whoa my farage-o-meter just starting pinging through the freaking roof!!

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Boosted_C5 posted:

And of course I would be remiss if I left out the fact that, YES, on some primal level, I really do find great satisfaction in seeing Trump poo poo all over the corrupt political class slime like Bush and Clinton, seeing him piss of the annoying cry-baby politically correct SJWs, seeing him run circles around the morally bankrupt media, and seeing him laugh in their faces and flash his poo poo-eating grin at them when they impotently try to take him down.

It's an immature emotional response, but I'm only human. gently caress all of these rear end-holes they deserve every ounce of poo poo Trump force feeds them.

You do realize social justice is something that has been a serious thing and something people sincerely believe long before you ever heard about it and started adding the word 'warrior' to the end of it as an insult.

And that "anti-pc" is literally just "I get to say whatever I want without any social consequences" right?

Please tell me you understand this and you are not skullfuckingly brain dead.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

breaklaw posted:

Like I said, he's had the money, he's had the power, he's had the women, the only thing left is the glory.

a solid pull quote for trump's next book, Bloodied And Beaten America

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Montasque posted:

I can see Trump losing Minnesota and Wisconsin, those states don't like his brand of bullshit.
They're Santorum men in Minnesota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Trump's policy proposals so far:
-A massive tax handout to the already wealthy.
-Massive amounts of racist hot air.

I really don't think I'm missing anything here.

• Locked thread