Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Dark Project posted:

The heads look derpy as heck, but that's easily fixed by a replacement from PuppetsWar. However they do have another flaw and that's a lack of calves for the miniature. The length of the thigh is fine down to where the kneepads are, but then the leg shortens far too soon, and looks like they have ankles and shins going straight into being knees without the requisite amount of calf required.

I do like the guns they have gone for, though the size of the HMG and Grenade Launcher makes them look very unweildy.

Actually: I think the protective kneepads are doing what they do in real life, which is hang a bit below the kneecap when standing. When you kneel, you don't put your kneecap on the ground - you put the top part of your tibia against the ground, and your kneecap sits off the ground pointing forwards.

Here's a great example:

At first glance you'd think the pads on the guy who is standing on the left are out of position, but they're actually perfect. When he kneels, the pads are positioned to protect the upper patella, per the guy on the right.

These are different from knee armor designed to protect the knee from attack while standing, which is what we're maybe more used to looking at in our space-armor minis or our fantasy-armor minis.

If anything, the lady's kneepads are too high, but the pad on the dude's right leg is exactly right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

NTRabbit posted:

Only problem I forsee is a lack of vehicles, but there's nothing stopping you from saying that Hornet and eventual tank are part of a payment in equipment being driven by Goblins.

Hopefully they reprint the orx raptors and bull raptors

Or are you saying I need FF trikes

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

signalnoise posted:

Hopefully they reprint the orx raptors and bull raptors

Or are you saying I need FF trikes

The Raptors are in the army list, so I'm sure they will, but they're still only light vehicles.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They haven't updated the Walking Dead countdown banner yet. -4 days and they've already hosed up another Kickstarter!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
nm

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Finished up the Wights.

Additionally, I did some Revenant Kings using old Grave Guard models and a Bones model I had kicking around.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 30, 2016

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Those all own, you should be proud.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah they all real good

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Actually received an email this morning of itemized responses to the last few emails of issues I was having with Dungeon Saga.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

quote:

Choose a Battlegroup:
Forge Father Battlegroup × 1
Choose a 2nd Battlegroup:
Veer-myn Battlegroup × 1
Choose a 3rd Battlegroup:
Martian Battlegroup × 1
Choose a Vehicle:
Forge Father Vehicle × 1
Plague Battlegroup × 1 $75.00

That's what I did, thinking I'd have enough diversity to run some games, but now I'm thinking maybe I should change it (assuming that is possible) and focus on just Forge Fathers and Veer-Myn since those are my favorites.

Would 2x Forge Father BGs, 2x Veer-Myn BGs and a vehicle be enough to field a reasonably competent force for both sides? Too much duplication? I have zero experience with the system I pledged it because I wanted squats and space skaven.

I already have the Mars Attacks box + the Mars Attacks martian expansion so I have like 40 martians and some vehicles so I'm thinking their BG might be redundant, not sure. Plus I have 40k Orks a plenty so 5 factions seems like too many.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm working on another regiment of Drakon Riders (Elyrian Reavers on Axebeaks) and since the Reavers are eBay finds, I've gotten a window into just how little care people put into their models. These were primed white when I got them, so I gave them the requisite Detol bath and after scrubbing them, I was blown away by how much loving super glue was coating the models. A lot of the detail in the armor is going to be missing on these guys because I just couldn't get all of it out and it became a choice of digging out grooves of super glue and risk chopping up the pewter as well, or working with it as is. The other thing that blows my mind is that someone went to the trouble of assembling and priming them without ever doing a once over with a modeling knife. It wasn't even just mold lines, it was injection tabs sticking off of toes. People really do just slap them together straight out of the box and go with it.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
I hear acetone (easily available in nail polish remover) does wonders on superglue. It'll ruin plastic, but metals it should trash superglue and paint alike and leave the pewter just fine.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
You can also throw them in your freezer overnight. Cold weakens the bond for super glue, and I find that it can sometimes help in getting globs of super glue off of models.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Slimnoid, your blue skelly men are the best and if I ever do undead I will be ripping you off HARD

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Warlord just announced that they're also doing a zombie miniatures game. What the heck.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

moths posted:

Warlord just announced that they're also doing a zombie miniatures game. What the heck.

They've got the Wargames factory zombie and survivor ranges, they are putting out a set of rules to support them. Expect the same for the Savage Core stuff they have picked up. Warlord have been absorbing ranges they like the look of for couple of years, and once they have time to digest Wargames Factory and sort out how the product lines integrate, expect even more. I also wouldn't put it past them to acquire Conquest Games this year.

With the deal they've got with Wargames factory it adds a lot of plastic kits to their ranges, opens up new ranges they didn't have before, and gives them a reliable Chinese manufacturing partner. With Doctor Who coming out later this year, a possible new edition of Bolt Action and Gates of Antares increasing it's release rate, expect a lot from Warlord in 2016.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ogres are cool and good, and so are their pets

NTRabbit posted:

OATH COMPLETE

:tutbutt:

Everything "done" so far, a regiment each of boomers and shooters, and a 2H Warrior horde that still need the grass on their bases, plus two more ASBs that need a fair bit more work. Then I need to invent an emblem to put on the standards.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 1, 2016

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I saw this on the FB group. They look great!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Shouldn't the Kickstarter be up by now?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

shoplifter posted:

I saw this on the FB group. They look great!

glitchkrieg posted:

Shouldn't the Kickstarter be up by now?

It's up now

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 1, 2016

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Whoa, they're listing the delivery date for The Walking Dead as August 2016... a month before Warpath? What?

I mean I guess they have fewer new sprues for this game, but still, they're likely going to get people complaining about this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
$30,000 in the first 8 minutes isn't bad

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Drone posted:

Whoa, they're listing the delivery date for The Walking Dead as August 2016... a month before Warpath? What?

I mean I guess they have fewer new sprues for this game, but still, they're likely going to get people complaining about this.

Probably the difference between spitballing a few extras in concept art only, and needing to take them through to molds, and having everything already completed and approved to moulds, a production slot already paid for, and no random extras coming at the end.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Funded in 10 minutes.

Giving this one a pass though. I already have a ton of Warpath stuff coming and I have pretty much no interest in TWD. Hopefully this new system works out for Mantic though -- between having a new CS setup and a slightly restructured Kickstarter format.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I really expected to get in the early bird! Dang. Well, I'm backing this, hope it works as a gateway game for somebody in my family.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
After going back and forth I ended up jumping in when I saw an early bird open up. Hopefully for another two or three expansions to add to the base pledge to make it worth the cost.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Ogres are cool and good, and so are their pets

Everything "done" so far, a regiment each of boomers and shooters, and a 2H Warrior horde that still need the grass on their bases, plus two more ASBs that need a fair bit more work. Then I need to invent an emblem to put on the standards.

Looking good. I reckon a scythe emblem would be cool, harvesting your enemies in the plains

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Big Willy Style posted:

Looking good. I reckon a scythe emblem would be cool, harvesting your enemies in the plains

Scythes are agrarian, these are plains nomads or raiders (orges aren't frequently shown as farmers) I'd lean towards a fist, a simple display of raw power. I like your concept, but I don't feel its a good fit.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

How about a stylised fist or club showing how they value might above all else?

Or possibly an open palm symbol painted as if the banner waver's just dipped his hand in paint and pressed it on the banner rather than them bothering with actual paints :)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They said in the comments that they plan for the Kickstarter to only cover the comics through the Woodbury arc, which sucks because it means no Dread Pirate Michonne

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

Scythes are agrarian, these are plains nomads or raiders (orges aren't frequently shown as farmers) I'd lean towards a fist, a simple display of raw power. I like your concept, but I don't feel its a good fit.

Zark the Damned posted:

How about a stylised fist or club showing how they value might above all else?

Or possibly an open palm symbol painted as if the banner waver's just dipped his hand in paint and pressed it on the banner rather than them bothering with actual paints :)

Nice ideas, but the problem with those, for me at least, is that a fist is the emblem of Mantic's house Ogres, Grokagamok's Granite Fists, and the open palm would feel a bit like I was aping Saruman.

You're right though, I definitely want something nomad themed and very simple, a bit like the skulls I painted on the warrior shields, complicated heraldry is not for Ogres.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 2, 2016

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

So, most early/undeveloped heraldry is very simple. Something like a diagonal red line, as a running theme, would help tie things together.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Or three-four red lines like scars from an attack from a beast.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Nice ideas, but the problem with those, for me at least, is that a fist is the emblem of Mantic's house Ogres, Grokagamok's Granite Fists, and the open palm would feel a bit like I was aping Saruman.

You're right though, I definitely want something nomad themed and very simple, a bit like the skulls I painted on the warrior shields, complicated heraldry is not for Ogres.

stylised goatse, kind of a play on GW's great maw icon.

or you could go the cultural appropriation route and steal something from the mongolians or something

https://www.google.com/search?q=mon...ngolian+symbols

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

How about following through and having a more stylised skull on the banner? Say it's your tribe's mark and they put it on anything big enough to finger paint :)

Not a viking posted:

Or three-four red lines like scars from an attack from a beast.

I also like this idea.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a shame they're only doing the comic WD and not the telltale game's crew as well

I'd love to get a Lee figure with Clementine as a sidekick and Kenny as a corpse marker because gently caress Kenny

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a shame they're only doing the comic WD and not the telltale game's crew as well

I'd love to get a Lee figure with Clementine as a sidekick and Kenny as a corpse marker because gently caress Kenny

They were kind of coy about that, I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up as a late stretch goal

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

boom boom boom posted:

They said in the comments that they plan for the Kickstarter to only cover the comics through the Woodbury arc, which sucks because it means no Dread Pirate Michonne

I realize they're trying to hold stuff back for retail but it seems odd to call their game All Out War and then stop the first years releases about 50+ issues before that arc actually starts and all the big human factions are introduced. Though I guess if they do Atlanta, the housing development, Hershals farm and Woodbury that's plenty of content for one kickstarter.

I wonder if they're going to do anything for issue 75.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

How about following through and having a more stylised skull on the banner? Say it's your tribe's mark and they put it on anything big enough to finger paint :)

I also like this idea.

I think I might combine both of these and the mongol cultural appropriation idea, and see if I can come up with something that isn't too busy. Figure that while the Ogre warriors finger paint their own shields, the company loremaster is the one applying his skills to the standards. Going to have a big rear end standard on my 'chariot' standard bearer too.

Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh poo poo, barricades