Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

:allears: nice bro, you probably know about what they say when you assume things.

:allears: tell me more about how I worry you

Hey man I'm having trouble getting your point maybe you should post another smilie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Yes, he does support Trump

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TheGreyGhost posted:

John Kasich is technically prominent at this point, yeah.

Alter Ego posted:

His source was John Kasich, wasn't it?

Coulda been. They are friends from Kasich's time over at Fox News.

Hannity is now listening to and singing along to bad country music.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Cruz went on CBS to defend his Muslim neighborhood comments and it is peak Cruz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWLeXdHKOOM&feature=youtu.be

Did you know the NYPD is a liberal organization?

God. gently caress Ted Cruz. The only person on the planet who would make me even consider Donald Trump as a better leader.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So right now, Trump is at 739 delegates. He needs 498 delegates to reach 1237 and there are 839 remaining, right? There are some uncommitted delegates like from American Samoa and Virgin Islands, but without getting into that minutiae, that means Cruz needs to win 839-x = 498, x = 341 delegates to ensure at least that Trump cannot go into the convention with the magic 50% number.

Looking at states where I think he can pull it off:
Wisconsin - 341-42 = 299, then maybe:
Pennsylvania - 291-71 - 228
Nebraska 228-36 = 192
Indiana 192 - 57 = 135
Washington (the threshold here is 20% so Trump will definitely take some, but Kasich won't let's say Cruz can swing 30/44) 135-30 = 105
South Dakota 105 - 29 = 76

Rhode Island and Oregon (50% proportion?) 76 - 24 = 52

Wild cards:
West Virginia Delegate Election like the Virgin Islands has 52 - 34 = 18
North Dakota (all unbound delegates so I guess they have to be wooed at the convention?) 18 - 28 = -10

And those are all the states I can really see him having a chance in. I think he needs to start campaigning heavily in Califonia, where he might be able to swing all 172 as some kind of miracle and that would cut his need in half. I'm really not seeing a path to keep Trump from 1237 at all.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ted Cruz has a position to make any American proud. It's a good thing we've never had an official report documenting how we brutally murdered innocent people via torture then.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

No one said anything about dastardly- just that people were housing and feeding these terrorists, either witting or unwittingly. I don't think it's an outlandish concept.

No, it's not an outlandish concept that a terrorist orders a burger from McDonalds and receives the food after he pays. Or that a terrorist stayed at a Holiday Inn and nobody screened him for terrorisms.

It's not outlandish. It's just a meaningless thing to point out.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/712727046913462272

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'd take Trump presidency over a Cruz presidency any day

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'd take Trump presidency over a Cruz presidency any day

This.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This is the point Trump made with the line about going after families, but what people in this thread have chosen to believe (with lots of group reinforcement) is that Trump wants to murder completely innocent women and children indiscriminately. If you're the most wanted man in the European Union and you manage to hide out in the city that hosts the headquarters of NATO for four months, you had help, and that help is just as guilty.

Keep carrying that sweet, sweet Trump water...

Trump advocates changing the law so that military personnel can be legally ordered to torture terrorists.

Or did I just choose to believe that with reinforcement from this thread?

Maybe the reason a lot of people are reflexively dismissive of Trump's policy positions is because we have pattern-recognition skills beyond those of a carrot

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Didn't Trump agree with Cruz?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/712726221734412288

Anyone get one of these yet?

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
Whether the Trumpocalypse actually happens or not, I hope Ted Cruz is branded as Lyin' Ted for the rest of his life.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cruz was on Oreily and said he believes he will win New York and California. :lol

I'm willing to give Ted "New York Values" Cruz the benefit of the doubt in that he believes that he has enough support off of the coast in California to squeak out a win (he wont), but New York...come on give the Oreily viewers a little credit.

XK posted:

If you look at the county results in the OH election, literally every county bordering PA was a Kasich loss. There is no way anybody but Trump wins the primary in PA unless Trump implodes by himself. Nobody in PA gives a poo poo about Kasich.

Kasich's best showings will be in the cities and more affluent liberal suburbs (by best showings I mean he will lose to Trump by the least), everything outside of that is Trump country.
Kasich is a pretty smart guy and at this point, he knows he has no chance of being the nominee. Maybe he thinks 2016 is a lost cause for the presidency, and maybe he can come back in 2020 as the savior of the republican party and run against 12 years of democratic control in the white house.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Kylra posted:

Well, to be fair, I wouldn't want President Hitler 2016 scrawled all over campus either.

I have been waiting so long to use that.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cruz at NY

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Alter Ego posted:

He doesn't consider waterboarding torture--so that's how he'll get around it.

Every idiot who thinks this should get a session or two of it. It's not quite disolving your body slowly piece by piece in acid over a week or using a drill on the bones of prisoner that Saddam was fond of, but it's harsh torture nontheless.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/712689404582572035

maybe that's how they spell it at Trump U

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Quick, push him through the time rift! Cast him back to his own dimension!!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Trump people are starting to mimic his syntax. Sad!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Agronox posted:

Yes college chumps, please turn supporting Trump into a revolutionary cool act.

I have bad news

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, how is Melanie Trump an entrepreneur? Like... does everyone get to call themselves that now? I once sold some poo poo on ebay. Am I an entrepreneur?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, how is Melanie Trump an entrepreneur? Like... does everyone get to call themselves that now? I once sold some poo poo on ebay. Am I an entrepreneur?

Entanpaneur*

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Three Olives posted:

What is with the right thinking they are obligated to choose between Trump and Cruz, they know both are terrible, they know both are setting them up for a landslide loss, you don't have to chose between them, just can just say I'm sitting this one out.

I think its because there are actual voters and those two guys are the ones that have actual votes from actual voters.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Melania most likely has a brand of jewelry or books about animal rescue or whatever trophy wives do to kill time.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

FAUXTON posted:

you can't spell Roman Triumph without O MAN TRUMP

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Maoist Pussy posted:

I have been waiting so long to use that.
You're welcome.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Montasque posted:

Melania most likely has a brand of jewelry or books about animal rescue or whatever trophy wives do to kill time.

Pool boys, mostly.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

FAUXTON posted:

He'll do that to all of them because you can't spell Roman Triumph without HOT MAN RUMP

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Why do I picture him laughing quietly like Butthead

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Montasque posted:

Sean Hannity is saying that a very prominent Republican Governor told him in confidence that the GOPe plan is to torpedo Trump and Cruz at the convention and put in Paul Ryan.

Aside from Ryan not wanting it and also this plan's complete insanity, the people who are actually at this convention, aka the delegates, are being hijacked by Ted Cruz regardless of their nominal allegiance as we speak and aren't going to cooperate with this (particular) moronic idea.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

zeal posted:

There's a world where Jeb spent his working life as a Florida high school Spanish teacher, that is richer for him in every conceivable way than his existence in this one.

This made me genuinely sad to think about.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Perfectly Safe posted:

I swear I read this but I still don't get it. They're protesting the university administration for...not doing a thing, or doing a thing, but...what? Is it just students being a bit silly about things? Why is this a news story?

I'm genuinely confused.

It is students who have come into a university with an inaccurate perception on the role of institutions. It is, in essence, children wishing to be babied and to do so in a manner which discourages diversity.

While those students may demand diversity, their actions tell otherwise: they do not want diversity of thought, they want diversity that is only skin-deep. They are the problem with American culture, and should be the ones facing an institutional ratfucking by Emory administration.

Unfortunately, one is free to bully others in America for their sincerely held political and religious views if the form of bullying hides behind a cloak of 'progressive' rhetoric and political correctness.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Kylra posted:

You're welcome.

You are a huge pussy

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

BITCHTITS posted:

You are a huge pussy
Meh. I'm not gonna get suckered in by MP over a response to a throwaway joke.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This is the point Trump made with the line about going after families, but what people in this thread have chosen to believe (with lots of group reinforcement) is that Trump wants to murder completely innocent women and children indiscriminately. If you're the most wanted man in the European Union and you manage to hide out in the city that hosts the headquarters of NATO for four months, you had help, and that help is just as guilty.

It's true, he wants to murder innocent women and children that are related to terrorists, not indiscriminately. There's a difference!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cruz after finally dispelling the last good particles of himself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im the ghost photobombing Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

im the ghost photobombing Cruz

Greetings to the Holy Spirit.

• Locked thread