Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Third World Reggin posted:

Have a lovely chat log

One of the ParksAndRecs officers declared war on this group, then went to bed. They have a facebook and possibly some hentai related lets play.

Yeah but are you the GM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

ohsosad posted:

Yeah but are you the GM

https://youtu.be/-8h_v_our_Q?t=45s

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
a real goon beauty imo

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

quote:

I'm not sure we're on the same tier. we don't have a facebook.

loving a, lost it. That was getting almost python-esque.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

reckoning guy in bal 2 north of coastal cave fish botting. ayyyyyyy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Have a lovely chat log

One of the ParksAndRecs officers declared war on this group, then went to bed. They have a facebook and possibly some hentai related lets play.

Oh. My loving God.

:allears:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
"I'm pretty sure we're not in the same tier. We don't have a facebook."

Holy poo poo. I lost it at about that point.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Have a lovely chat log

This is why Grithok should lead every guild ever. :allears:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Zizi posted:

This is why Grithok should lead every guild ever. :allears:

We have lots of space in parks and rec still since people keep leaving to join the "main goon guild."

They leave the guild, message lewtt, get told to wait 24 hours, and then wait longer since the main goon guild often does not have the space.

On the other hand some of the people we chase off are so horrible that lewtt has even said if he hears them speak in mumble they will be removed from goontang.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A good goon should be able to fit in with either guild anyway.

The ones with a semblance of social skills that is.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

We have lots of space in parks and rec still since people keep leaving to join the "main goon guild."

They leave the guild, message lewtt, get told to wait 24 hours, and then wait longer since the main goon guild often does not have the space.

On the other hand some of the people we chase off are so horrible that lewtt has even said if he hears them speak in mumble they will be removed from goontang.

Nooooooooo don't make me choose!

Hem. Both guilds are honestly pretty awesome, and If I hadn't got into Tang really early I'd have been totally happy to Park it and Rec.

gently caress those Trump guys tho

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
It seems Daum takes an extremely hard-line stance on patch times.

e: Blader/Plum supposedly mid-April.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Zizi posted:

Nooooooooo don't make me choose!

Hem. Both guilds are honestly pretty awesome, and If I hadn't got into Tang really early I'd have been totally happy to Park it and Rec.

gently caress those Trump guys tho

It is ok, you can go back and forth. Bonus points for being kicked and getting a larger pay out.

Lewtt is going to transfer guild lead, destroying half of goontangs guild funds, and join parksandrec when valencia lands.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

It is ok, you can go back and forth. Bonus points for being kicked and getting a larger pay out.

Lewtt is going to transfer guild lead, destroying half of goontangs guild funds, and join parksandrec when valencia lands.

Grithok is going to transfer guild lead, destroying half of parksandrecs guild funds, and join goontang when valencia lands.

Deodytus
Feb 13, 2012

I should finally get around to joining a guild though the contract thing has me kind of worried. What are the expectations of parks and rec aside from not being insufferable?

On an unrelated note, does enchanting armor add effects? It seems weird to me that the Basteer armor tooltip says it's improved Agerian (sic) but the Agerian gives set bonuses while Basteer is just flat defense.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Deodytus posted:

I should finally get around to joining a guild though the contract thing has me kind of worried. What are the expectations of parks and rec aside from not being insufferable?

On an unrelated note, does enchanting armor add effects? It seems weird to me that the Basteer armor tooltip says it's improved Agerian (sic) but the Agerian gives set bonuses while Basteer is just flat defense.
Contract is the way this game calls joining a guild and bears no practical significance beyond purely nominal monetary compensation (or fine) if you get kicked (or leave) from the guild before it is over.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

There are neither universally good nor universally bad classes, play whatever you like. Average person crying about wizard is crying that it's inconvenient to hammer nails with a bicycle.

Beserker is hella fun but total dogshit when it comes to pvp. They had to give a guy a loving mega man blaster to make the class viable again in Korea.

Basically the class was hosed from the foundation because they gave all our main damage dealing moves 100% crit chance and then went and made our 60 point passive bonuses be +increase crit chance. Then you take into account that grabs literally do not work in pvp and having zero slows or roots it makes you the easiest target for any ranged class to burn down without ever taking a single hit. You also have a few extremely cool looking moves that look like they would cut the loving world in half and they do like 10 damage and all their effects are stripped in pvp. Spinning can be interrupted with any attack or simply walking away from it.

Only benefit is that it is a total underdog class and has a wide array of WCW moves and in twenty years or so they get their awakening weapon that makes them fight worthy again. Also our gear is hella cheap and constantly on the market so getting decked out with zerker super gear isnt a problem. Right now Liverto weapons are the best you can get (and ironically come with +Crit chance hahah gently caress you giants) and every class has seen about 10-20 of their class Liverto weapon on the market but the Liverto axe has been up there 45 times.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Beserker is hella fun but total dogshit when it comes to pvp. They had to give a guy a loving mega man blaster to make the class viable again in Korea.
While it certainly isn't the class you're going to film catfishmen frag movies on, it is the class that wins any and all large group PvP. It is the only class that wins it.

Or loses it, if you don't have any. :v:

Edit: I mean, sperging etc blah blah, but all the ~cool~ looking moves are utter dogshit if your aim is to succeed at PvPing something as a Berserker, until the handcannon arrives at least.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 30, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

kalstrams posted:

While it certainly isn't the class you're going to film catfishmen frag movies on, it is the class that wins any and all large group PvP. It is the only class that wins it.

Or loses it, if you don't have any. :v:

Edit: I mean, sperging etc blah blah, but all the ~cool~ looking moves are utter dogshit if your aim is to succeed at PvPing something as a Berserker, until the handcannon arrives at least.

why do you believe that, and where are you reading that from? every berserker I've fought against has been useless in 1v1 and group pvp. the ones without gear die before they can even touch the backline, and the ones WITH gear don't pose near as much a threat as either of the ranged classes. zerks good at locking down one person for a sustained period of time from grapples, but I haven't seen them do anything more impressive than that yet

the latency from the majority of the U.S. to the west coast makes the smaller hitbox abilities (like grapple) incredibly unreliable, and further compounds the mobility and gap issues that melee classes in eastern MMOs already have. keep in mind that with the servers being in beachtown San Jose (US West Coast), you have a 5,000 KM distance for most east coast data to travel, one way. that adds up to a lot of delay for a fairly large portion of the population

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its incredibly stupid that they decided for west coast servers in this game instead of something like texas or chicago

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Should I be bothering with much crafting/node contribution on my way to 50 or should I just be grinding away the levels are priority?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Asciana posted:

Should I be bothering with much crafting/node contribution on my way to 50 or should I just be grinding away the levels are priority?

there isn't a lot of incentive to hit 50 besides pvp. it's perfectly legitimate to stay level 10 and punch rocks all day

i love people that do that, because it means i don't have to go punch those rocks myself for guild quests

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Asciana posted:

I grinded from 25ish to 50 by completely ignoring quests and just mulching through mobs. Good news is that it didn't take a lot of time, as the witch is great at wholesale slaughter.
The bad news is that you really need those contribution points and you really need that energy. Take your time with leveling, and do all the quests you see. (Maybe not all, it can get excessive at times.) Talk to people, get knowledge, do amenity games, etc. This will build towards a better end game, rather than being like me who's stretched between doing dailies, getting knowledge, and getting contribution.

As far as dumping energy into nodes, don't bother. It only boosts drop rate, and by the time you get 200 energy invested into it, you're probably already moving to another area. Only dump energy into nodes you know you'll be farming; like treants. Crafting is largely ignorable till end game as well.

My recommendation for your contribution is to invest into a Grain node (Wheat, Barley, potatoes, etc) and some mines, lumber, or herb nodes, as well as lodging for workers. Then use your energy to make beer. This will level your cooking skill(Never bad to have), allow you to keep your workers working, and allow you to stockpile resources and level up workers for whatever you plan to do when you hit 50+. Once you get up in levels, you should have a better handle on what you want to do, so you can re-direct your resources there. Any unneeded goods can just then go to the market place.

While I'm giving advice, buy a stack of food off the market place and don't use a mount. Food is on a 30min cooldown but grants you Health experience in addition to its other benefits, which will eventually and permanently raise your max health. Running everywhere will build your stamina, which means you'll have a bigger grey-bar for dodging around or sprinting. Don't ever log off (Unless kicked off), as you can always fish for experience, or set up a macro to walk in circles with trade goods on your back to raise strength, and thus, carry weight. Personally, I recommend fishing, as it'll also level cooking/trade xp, depending on what you do with the fish.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I know that a ton of goons recommend not using a horse until breath 30 but if you don't want to miserably hoof it everywhere on foot then there is nothing wrong with using a horse. You'll still get breath while running around grinding mobs or whatever, it just means you'll get 100 stamina a week slower than other goons. On the flipside those same goons will have scrub horses while you will have leveled or even bred a few.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

why do you believe that, and where are you reading that from? every berserker I've fought against has been useless in 1v1 and group pvp. the ones without gear die before they can even touch the backline, and the ones WITH gear don't pose near as much a threat as either of the ranged classes. zerks good at locking down one person for a sustained period of time from grapples, but I haven't seen them do anything more impressive than that yet

the latency from the majority of the U.S. to the west coast makes the smaller hitbox abilities (like grapple) incredibly unreliable, and further compounds the mobility and gap issues that melee classes in eastern MMOs already have. keep in mind that with the servers being in beachtown San Jose (US West Coast), you have a 5,000 KM distance for most east coast data to travel, one way. that adds up to a lot of delay for a fairly large portion of the population
Grapples are broken and diminishing return patch is in so 1v1 is neither about locking someone down for extended period of time nor being the most dangerous mother fucker around, what I implied is that that wizard, sorceress, warrior, and valkyrie are not the fights berserker is really supposed to lose majority of time, which I should've been more explicit about in the hindsight. Ranger and sorceress are out of question as targets and there will be no way around it at least until awakening, if not after. Tamer is tricky, much of that will nail down if berserker is geared well enough to quickly take the dog down, once that is dead tamer does not have the burst to take down a sorceress, what is there to talk about berserker.

Latency from Belarus to Korea is pretty bad as you imagine too, but as I'm saying for the n-th time, grapples are garbage abilities for serious berserker PVP anyways, take them if you are Koch brother of skill point factory.

In group PVP berserker has 10 target stun, which alone should be self explanatory with respect to GvG meta.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Do we have a facebook yet?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drythe posted:

Do we have a facebook yet?

I have lots of books I can mash against my face so yes.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The problem I'm starting to have is I feel like I have to pour most of my time and resources into enchanting to stand any chance in PVP. Even though the game is 90% life skills, 90% of your time is spent grinding gear levels.

I was looking forward to being able to catch up some while waiting for the next expansion, but now that's dropping right away and its like I have mob grinding "homework" piling up. It's a huge bummer and knocks the game down a few pegs in my book.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

While I'm speaking from experience, I'll also toss a bit about the witch out. If anyone has any Tamer experience, please let me know, as I'm quite enjoying playing her right now. Also if any other witch/wizard want to bump notes, I'd like to read them too.

First and foremost: DO NOT CLAIM YOUR LEVEL 45 REWARD AS SOON AS YOU GET IT.
The skill reset is on a 7 day timer. Just leave that poo poo unclaimed until you're ready to reset your skills.

Witch (And probably wizard) are really straight forward: poo poo a ton of damage at a bunch people. I'm finding my four main skills are Thunderbolt and Lightning Residue, followed by Lightning Chain and Lightning Storm. These four abilities provide instant damage, and can be cycled between one another pretty easily for some devastating AoE damage. While I like the Fireball and Fireball explosion line, the cast time on Fireball doesn't feel good to use, so I typically use that as a filler or whenever I remember to use it. Magic Arrow is an okay filler as well, but concentrated Magical arrow is very... lackluster. That being said, Magical Arrow bunch (At 49) is something you should be using in cooldown, as it does a fair amount of damage and can hit a pack of tightly grouped enemies, or enemies within a line. Dagger stab is a good ability, as it does a fair amount of damage and it's free. Haven't put any points into it, and I probably won't as the growth isn't that great.

In short: Your four main abilities:
Thunderbolt, and its follow up, Lightning Residue
Lightning Chain, and its follow up Lightning Storm.

Fillers:
Magical Arrow Bunch
Magical Arrow
Dagger Stab

Misc:
Fireball, and its follow up, Fireball explosion.

Don't use:
Concentrated Magical Arrow.
Staff Attack.

Other abilities:
Freezing and Frigid Fog are good 1 point abilities. You'll probably never hit anything with Freezing in PvP, but Frigid Fog hits everything around you, making it good for snagging melees who may jump you.
Blizzard and Meteor Storm are excellent. Take them when you can, but level them slowly -- You'll want to put more damage behind your spammable abilities anyhow. I have not gotten to play with EX: Blizzard.
Earthquake isn't as good, as it requires you to be in the thick of things. Probably could combo it nicely with Frigid Fog. I got one point into it and that'll probably be it for a while.
Earth's response is your sidestep-LMB. It seems a pain in the rear end to land it, and even when you do, lifting seems buggy. Really I've just been using it for another evade.
Mana Drain: I haven't put more points into it, as it's doing it's job well enough -- It restores about 60% or so of my mana vs mobs, so with constant spamming of the healing abilities, I'm never finding myself wanting more of it. Still, I'll probably put more points into eventually.
Healing Aura: It's a 20% heal to yourself and allies every 15 seconds. Also 20% of your mana is restored. It's free, it's on a low cooldown, there's no reason not to get it, max it, and enjoy your infinite sustain.
Healing Lighthouse: Costs mana, but restores more of it over time. Stronger healing than Healing Aura, but on a minute cooldown. I'm going to max this too, but it's on a lower priority.
Teleport: With a cast time, It's not as good as an escape as I'd hope. Still, it provides a movement speed buff after you move, so that's nice.
Magical Shield: This is really, really good. If you know you're about get hosed by some sorceress or zerker, pop this ahead of time. It'll absorb a ton of damage for you, making you pretty annoying to kill while it's active.
Protected Area: Not as good, as it has a spin up time, but for those 4 seconds, you're practically invincible. I expect this to be good in mass PvP
Speed Spell: A 10% to 30% buff. The 10% isn't that noticeable, but maybe the 30% is. Either way, it's a team buff for attack, casting, and MOVEMENT, so this should be good.
Sage's Memory: Instant cast Meteor storm, Blizzard, or whatever the gently caress you want, including Teleport. Get this, love this.
Resurrection: You get a point for free at 45. I still haven't figured out how to properly revive someone.
Magic Pharos: I don't actually know what putting more points into this does. What I can tell you, though, is that it'll aggro poo poo when it pulses (Sometimes). Two important things here: 1) It's invincible. 2) It doesn't share an aggro cap with you, meaning you can drop it, drag some mobs to it, then when it grabs them, you can drag more mobs into it to wipe out 12~ or so mobs in one go. It'll also aggro those violent/swift/energetic keyword mobs, so it'll 'tank' for you while you sling spells. Nothing in Pvp though. Put a point into this.
Spellbound heart: So they don't really tell you the full details of what this spell does. It is not a 50 mana restore on a 10 minute cooldown: Rather, it creates a wisp that follows you around and occasionally pulses, granting you the advertised mana. This lasts for about 5 minutes. This probably has some use fighting raid bosses, but the aoe for the wisp is pretty tiny, so you won't get much use of it out of PvP. Probably could skip this safely.
Magical Evasion: If they're on you, you're probably already screwed. More points = Less cost, but good luck surviving long enough to make those invested points worth while.
Staff attack: lol
Casting speed: Probably where you'll dump left over points. Cost doesn't go up per level. No idea if there's a hard-or-soft cap for cast speed.

TL;DR: One point into long-cooldown skills. Level lightning skills. Don't level staff attack or Concentrated magical arrow.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Thanks for the witch/wizard writeup.

Edit: One thing I'd like to point out, is that the casting speed skill really does stack up over time. It's worth getting imo.

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

TalonDemonKing posted:

Resurrection: You get a point for free at 45. I still haven't figured out how to properly revive someone.

Walk up to the body, hit Control to bring up the mouse cursor and that little interaction popup and then hit the res skill on your hotbar. I've never had it work without being in mouse mode.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

SERVERS ARE UP

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Thanks for the witch/wizard writeup.

Edit: One thing I'd like to point out, is that the casting speed skill really does stack up over time. It's worth getting imo.

No one really knows. Also you can instant cast fireball then do fireball explosion without using sages memory.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Have a lovely chat log

We don't have a face book.

:awesome:

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Patch notes up

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/59844-patch-notes-march-30th/

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Clocks posted:

I know that a ton of goons recommend not using a horse until breath 30 but if you don't want to miserably hoof it everywhere on foot then there is nothing wrong with using a horse. You'll still get breath while running around grinding mobs or whatever, it just means you'll get 100 stamina a week slower than other goons. On the flipside those same goons will have scrub horses while you will have leveled or even bred a few.

Breath 28 or 29, I did a ton of no-horse early on. I still end up running places but the last few levels of breath are slow. I'd say worth waiting on horses for a while at least, and if you're serious about training horses anyway, you need a noble wagon.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Quick summary of patch notes:

Ranger nerfs
Berserker buffs
No enchanting past 15
Alchemy stones are in
Alchemy crafted flares are in
Instances pvp is in (think WoW BG's)
Chat filtering

Almost forgot you can craft a cosmetic earring from the event. Don't know if it gives the knowledge buff.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Anyone online who can throw me an invite to ParksandRec?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Asciana posted:

Anyone online who can throw me an invite to ParksandRec?

Whisper Honk on Orwen Balenos 02 for a good time and light sass.