Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net

What's a crasskitty, and why does anyone care?

She is that girl Alpinestars and I blew up on her Twitch stream the other day. She started convoing people during/after M-O and got a little following. She's pretty harmless so I don't know why people are lashing out at her other than the fact she is a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

I'm quoting this on purpose so everyone who has him blocked like me but doesn't click on all the Jerk Ignored links to see what his retarded rear end is posting can see it. This is a textbook example of Frozenpussy doing exactly what I just complained about but from our side "$person defected therefore he is on ~your side~ and you are culpable for any stupid poo poo he spouts now because he's no longer ONE OF US."

Please stop this stupid loving poo poo so I can go take the moral high ground on reddit. I need them up votes guys.

You can't be a supercap fc with sub 1k Internet popularity points these days

dude. lol

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

plus aren't you out of a job right now?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Quoting and replying to yourself is not a great sign

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:golfclap:

W3 r gud @ securitah. :downs:

On the plus side, we had some good pathfinder progress in the interim.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 8, 2016

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Ahahahaha best poo poo ever. :v:

Love you :baby:hammer.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

YouTuber posted:

She is that girl Alpinestars and I blew up on her Twitch stream the other day. She started convoing people during/after M-O and got a little following. She's pretty harmless so I don't know why people are lashing out at her other than the fact she is a girl.

gently caress you for trying to implicate me as a misogynist you fuckboy. I don't like her because she is loving annoying and not entertaining to listen to for hours on end. Don't loving blame me because I personally would and have chilled with Lazarus_Pubraven on stream for that amount of time and don't paint me as hating women because she's a loving bad streamer.

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 8, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

The program good to just download & use, or does it take a lot of work?

Also RIP Kyle Aparthos (good dude, and iirc a leader of sorts), he left SMA :smith:

DrMaddux
Mar 2, 2012

Sup Buds

RhoA posted:

Ahahahaha best poo poo ever. :v:

Love you :baby:hammer.

Foehammer doing God's work

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best was that there was a TMC article over it implicating the Siggy site owner.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

darth cookie posted:

Arkady lemme back in to Hole Squad please

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

The program good to just download & use, or does it take a lot of work?

End user functionality is good and pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. Back end administration can be spotty. It's not perfect, but it's the most developed tool out there which means that everybody uses it.

We're trying to wean ourselves off it though since goons don't own it and it's suspected to be used as an intel source by unfriendly forces.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Arkady lemme back in to Hole Squad please

I'm at work. Sorry fam

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

darth cookie posted:

I'm at work. Sorry fam

So am I, +10 crew represent :smith::respek::smith:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also RIP Kyle Aparthos (good dude, and iirc a leader of sorts), he left SMA :smith:

:(

I enjoyed his reddit posts and his ability to deflect poo poo gracefully

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Otacon posted:

He'll be deflecting a whole lot of poo poo in PL

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

End user functionality is good and pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. Back end administration can be spotty. It's not perfect, but it's the most developed tool out there which means that everybody uses it.

We're trying to wean ourselves off it though since goons don't own it and it's suspected to be used as an intel source by unfriendly forces.

That's cool. I might check it out.

Otacon posted:

Yeah he's a good dude. From what I've heard he's making a new corp and just gonna do the casual/notsoserious PVP stuff from now on.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

MonkeyAlert:
o7

ladies and gentlemen,

it has been an honor.

ID#12088 ~ Broadcast to SMA by Zack1023 ~ Friday 8th of April 2016 03:34:55

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Zack1023

:ohdear:

That's one of their main FCs right? Or am I getting the name confused?

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010
Has it gotten so desperate that Goons need blacklisted pilots to redeem themselves in glorious space spreadsheet combat, or are the crimes of bathing in the blood of Test while in Pizza as a FA sellsword too great?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten FA is no more...Not surprising really FA only did well that one time during Mittanigrad.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Snibe posted:

Hello old, new, and returning eve goons and allies, here is some of your leadership talking about your coalition and its members, as well as the state of the war.

Please enjoy.

http://pastebin.com/scKpkm6j

I for one am shocked...
Shocked I tell you!

There's way too many comma's in your sentence and I'm usually not one to care about punctuation.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Syndic Thrass posted:

gently caress you for trying to implicate me as a misogynist you fuckboy. I don't like her because she is loving annoying and not entertaining to listen to for hours on end. Don't loving blame me because I personally would and have chilled with Lazarus_Pubraven on stream for that amount of time and don't paint me as hating women because she's a loving bad streamer.

She is pretty insufferable and terrible. One of those typical streamers that talks to people then confuses proximity to power with actual power. I don't mind streamers who are good, it's just an unfortunate coincidence that some of the bad EVE streamers happen to be female. So plebs pull the "misogyny" card every time you're critical of them. Those screencaps with that slack jawed look of confusion on her face is pretty typical.

Also I may be an rear end in a top hat but I think she said the poo poo she said to get subs and money. Maybe that's cynical but idc, because it worked.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 8, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Unfunny Poster posted:

Same.

Also can I bring my Widow? I hope so because you don't really get a choice.

Not that kind of blops noob

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes.

Join blackops_pub in jabber and look for the mumble blops channels and join foreign legion 1. Now is a good time to learn since we are half new guys and half vets shaking the rust off.

I'm sorry for being a mediocrepoo poo dictor pilot :cripes:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Are you doing pure Black Ops Battleships, or are you also bridging torp bombers in?

All torp bombers all the time man

VideoGames posted:

True frivolous reports will get shamed but also I might hand out sixers too if it happens enough. :getin:

That's the spirit

ullerrm posted:

At some point I may have to pay to make that GIF an actual smiley. I don't know if I'd call it :deadtear: or :fnlnidiot: though.

Xolve is a good poster with regrettable choice in allies.

That's all.

:deadtear:

Rhymenoserous posted:

FYI more than one hordeling has raged out at me and we already have one confirmed "going back to wow"

Horde much like test and unlike PL or waffles is remarkably susceptible to what we do, mainly because they still think in brave newbies terms.

That poor little rupture

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've hung out in her chat and haven't seen the "show us your tits" thing personally but honestly I wouldn't be surprised. Regardless, that stuff is also dumb as gently caress to do. I'm just saying it's dumb and bad to go out of your way to harass someone over their personal life because it has little to do with the actual game being played.

Fair enough. I doubt she intentionally did it to get subscriptions but that's a difference of opinion. Laz mentioned his grandmom or whatever being ill on stream, so mocking him over it would be just as bad imo. I just dislike the whole "let's use personal things about this person over this game" stuff that happens from time to time. I'd much rather mock Laz for his fits than his personal life.

In the SC thread Lowtax had to come in and stop people from talking about one of the CIG staffers personal life that had nothing to do with the game or it's development. It was bad and was rightly told to stop being done, so that's sort of the mindset I'm coming from. Regardless thanks for the civil response Vyst.

No, if they're held down by ewar they don't get booshed including the CD. That's why in the vid I posted I was asked if I was scrammed. If I was the MJFD would've thrown the other guys forward but not me.

I think. I haven't really ever had that happen to me yet.

If you don't actually know then stop making poo poo up

If you scram a CD it stops the MJD field from firing and thus nobody gets boosted.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Karmafleet aren't people

They also aren't a majority of the alliance. They're <20%

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

Also I may be an rear end in a top hat but I think she said the poo poo she said to get subs and money. Maybe that's cynical but idc, because it worked.

It's in one of my walls of text somewhere but I'm reiterating that I emphatically agree.

RiffRoff
Aug 28, 2012

Strike the earth.
So I came back to the game about a week and a half ago because of all this news. Got back into Goon and had fun for a couple days. I'm probably going to stop logging in now though and let the sub run out.

I understand what mittens and co are trying to do with making the war unfun for the enemy but it's also anti fun for us as well. I've been on about 30 swordfleets and like 15 caracal fleets with a dozen other random fleets thrown in to the mix. The alliance just doesn't have a Goony feel to it. Nothing is done just to be clowns anymore and it just feels like I'm an entry level employee in a big box store that tries too hard to take itself seriously.

Sorry guys I tried but good luck with the war.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
winning is goony dude but i do know exactly what you mean and dont blame you

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

RiffRoff posted:

The alliance just doesn't have a Goony feel to it. Nothing is done just to be clowns anymore and it just feels like I'm an entry level employee in a big box store that tries too hard to take itself seriously.

yeah ive felt the same since i came back honestly

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ah, fair enough. I really dislike some of the circlejerk stuff on Reddit, same with how I dislike that stuff on here (by either side mind you).

Also my main is Hendrick Tallardar.

Hey, I really like those videos you made up. I know they were for PH, although they're generic and not something I really needed, but I bet they were really useful for the new players coming into PH. Even outside of that you did a pretty good job on them and they were worth watching just for the perspective.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RiffRoff posted:

So I came back to the game about a week and a half ago because of all this news. Got back into Goon and had fun for a couple days. I'm probably going to stop logging in now though and let the sub run out.

I understand what mittens and co are trying to do with making the war unfun for the enemy but it's also anti fun for us as well. I've been on about 30 swordfleets and like 15 caracal fleets with a dozen other random fleets thrown in to the mix. The alliance just doesn't have a Goony feel to it. Nothing is done just to be clowns anymore and it just feels like I'm an entry level employee in a big box store that tries too hard to take itself seriously.

The problem is were in the boring middle part of the war were everyone is having a staring contest and maybe having an actual cards on the table not t1 cruisers fight every few days at most. The end is the most exciting were it's all hands on dick and there's multiple actual fighting fleets every day. Of course end in our case might be us losing our poo poo so :v:

But yeah if you want to be a clown there are tons of sigs/squads for that. Hole Squad keeps a nice/laid back tone, Miniluv gets lots of comedy, and so on and so forth.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

They also aren't a majority of the alliance. They're <20%

Sure, goons are still less.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the end I'm going down with this dumb gay ship because I want to be around for the come back tour.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kyle Aparthos posted:

Jesus CHRIST this was fast.

Okay so let's TLDR.

Yes, I am leaving SMA. Yes, I know Dreddit, Snigg, ISRAD, and everywhere else is recruiting.

So. I refuse to disparage my former alliance in any way and under any circumstances. My reasons for leaving are as simple as me being exhausted of sov wars, exhausted of coalition politics, and wanting a change. If I didn't go and do my own thing, I would have quit EVE. I didn't poach anyone on the way out. I simply left peaceably.

I'm forming a new corp named Apotheosis. Zero drama, small to medium gang pvp, relaxed atmosphere style. It is in fact recruiting.

Kyle's info on why he left.

nessin posted:

Hey, I really like those videos you made up. I know they were for PH, although they're generic and not something I really needed, but I bet they were really useful for the new players coming into PH. Even outside of that you did a pretty good job on them and they were worth watching just for the perspective.

I actually try to keep them neutral in tone as much as I can but obviously there's going to be bias natively. Hell I got accused of Goon bias when I did them for TMC and it's the exact same format as I do now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I'm sorry for being a mediocrepoo poo dictor pilot :cripes:

We all learn somewhere, keep at it.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

RiffRoff posted:

Tbh the leadership and the line are hilariously disconnected, and your average line member is way too apathetic to do anything about it. Hopefully things will start changing after we lose all our stuff.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

RiffRoff posted:

Join blackops.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Goatman Sacks posted:

I had a chill discussion with Sa Matra the other day in EW0K local waiting for my jump timer. Really changed my perspective on how redditors are subhuman.

Sa Matra is an incredibly cool dude, and a super tight small gang FC. His posting is 100% TEST though.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Friends, please tell me this rumor about people on GF.com wanting to, and talking about how to, "troll" that CrassKitty streamer girl over her grandpa dying recently is untrue.

If not, please tell me at least someone called them stupid for wanting to do that. That poo poo ain't cool.

I was more so poking fun at the fact that someone went through all that effort to try and fool the bankroller of the enemies in a war.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think you can find better things to use to troll her over than "lololol your grandpa died hahaha" you know?

You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

With great crap posts like:

:airquote:the dead grandpa jokes are good but all the others are kinda poo poo, hth. :airquote:

:airquote:That face with the "Laz Lied Grandpa Died" follow is fantastic. :airquote:

And probably more bullshit. I stopped reading there because goons are even more terrible people when you involve a girl streamer

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Join blackops.

Came back, flew my rapier out and blew up some mans while talking about poo poo in mumble. Exactly what I liked about Eve, sticky webs and explosions.

Black ops is the best.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know I'm space unimportant and no one here would even recognize my player name, but as soon as this war is over I'm going to leave and either try FW or a lowsec group if I can one to have me. The hot air really isn't that much different from say, Fountain, but for some reason it just seems to much more ridiculous now. I even made a comment on Jabber tonight that with PH moving up in to O1Y, everyone short of TEST (and that may not be true because I have no idea where TEST is staging out of) is now closer to home (Dek) than we are. Hell, they're all closer to everything but a small corner of Pure Blind than most of the coalition. Everything just feels so defeatist at the moment and when it's all over, win or lose, I know the hot air will get even worse.

The answer I got to my comment too was that Saranen is now home. So I guess we're now officially a lowsec coalition who vacations in Sov null. Still can't figure out why we didn't move into Sister space instead of lowsec for that matter.

quote:

I actually try to keep them neutral in tone as much as I can but obviously there's going to be bias natively. Hell I got accused of Goon bias when I did them for TMC and it's the exact same format as I do now.

I actually haven't seen your one describing the war, I meant your training videos.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dragonstalking posted:

Sa Matra is an incredibly cool dude, and a super tight small gang FC. His posting is 100% TEST though.

Which coincidentally makes him 100% bad.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Seems like a legit reason to want a change- FozzieSov is pretty much chores to keep your space 'relatively' safe. Shooting spaceships in a more relaxed environment owns.

I understand the newbie draw to organizations like The Imperium, I just don't know why more experienced players stay there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cravius posted:

Tbh the leadership and the line are hilariously disconnected, and your average line member is way too apathetic to do anything about it. Hopefully things will start changing after we lose all our stuff.

Ok realtalk:

I'm having this discussion right with someone in jabber now and yeah, I agree. I actually logged in intending to gently caress off to random other parts of the galaxy about a month ago ~ish~ because I was really getting the eve, and eve goons itch but I wasn't really getting the "Imperium online" or "The Mittani Media" itch. This poo poo went down and I decided to fight for our side because... I guess I just want to ride this out to it's flaming conclusion? I hope what comes out the other side is different than the last couple of years.

The number of actual goons defecting/willing to defect and willing to eat the title of "Goonfucker" or "Traitor" was massively concerning from my standpoint. A lot of people I have a lot of respect for are no longer in the alliance or the coalition, the Endies, Themadj, hell even fairly minor figures like Lykouleon and Faphammer. I feel like I'm watching those stupid loving brave coups all over again where something that nominally shouldn't be happening in a happy healthy group is happening and rather than ask "Why" we're too busy giving it a kneejerk reaction.

I will say gently caress C02 though. And Despite reddit calling him a psychopath Tibs logs were my top entertainment for the night.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 8, 2016

• Locked thread