Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No Mans Land posted:

Why pick the gender before the candidate though. It's not like anyone can think of a stellar candidate for VP who just happens to be female. Everyone is going out of their way to think of female VP's and then claiming that gender is not a factor for decision making. It's the worst cognitive dissonance I've seen. Does gender matter or does it not matter?

Honestly, I'm just sorry for my joke response because you're starting to remind me of that roommate I had who always talked about "negging" and "betas" and how i just don't understand the nature of women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm on mobile and not reading that comic. Summarize it in 5 words and one onomonopea

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Elizabeth Warren comes to mind off the top of my head for a good VP pick but that's okay, keep being really weird about this

it would indeed be a power move for regaining the npr-reddit crossover demographics trust

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No Mans Land posted:

They couldnt put the remaining prisoners on US soil when they were never charged with a crime

As usual, you're entirely wrong.

e: Part 2 of that equation.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nobody's going to read this.

No Mans Land posted:

It doesn't work. She's better where she is. And VP for Trump? or just VP in general. Holy poo poo

You just said VP but if you're asking about a Trump VP then there are plenty of Miss America picks at his disposal

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

I'm on mobile and not reading that comic. Summarize it in 5 words and one onomonopea

Predictions based on past are blergh.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Louisgod posted:

Elizabeth Warren comes to mind off the top of my head for a good VP pick but that's okay, keep being really weird about this

no she's a terrible pick because she absolutely does not want to leave the senate

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

please nml, tell me what other jobs women aren't a natural fit for :allears:

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

The original memorandum? Youre retarded

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I think Trump needs a woman as his VP to offset his unfavorables, but I can't even imagine who it will be. They need to be fairly prominent, politically experienced, and ready to carry water for Trump for months about all of the wacky poo poo he'll be saying regarding women.

PredictIt is ranking the following women (none of them very highly):

Susana Martinez, Governor of New Mexico
Joni Ernst, Senator from Iowa
Condi Rice, former whatever of EMAILS. Can't happen if they're going to attack Clinton about the emails.
Kelly Ayotte, Senator from New Hampshire
Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina
Mia Love, congresswoman from Utah

holy poo poo it's gonna be Mia Love, for sure

edit to add: Clinton won't be able to say "Love Trump's Hate" anymore. neutralized!

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Louisgod posted:

Nobody's going to read this.

It basically shows that predictions like NML's, in which he basically says that certain combinations of President/VP can't win because they never did before, are complete bollocks and are proven wrong in every single election.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

TwinsensRevenge posted:

don't encourage him

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No Mans Land posted:

The original memorandum? Youre retarded

A, not the original memorandum. B, read the second link, idiot. Congressional opposition was what blocked it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bill Kristol is on MSNBC saying that Boehner's just bitter at Cruz because the Government Shutdown worked great.

Also, he thinks Cruz/Carly are running 3rd party.

Oh, and that a 3rd party candidate has an actual shot of winning.

Bill Kristol is funny.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

great
i know you needed that one, youre almost back now
next we can talk about tree nuts

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

STAC Goat posted:

Bill Kristol is on MSNBC saying that Boehner's just bitter at Cruz because the Government Shutdown worked great.

:lol: to the first

:jackbud: to the second

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

You know, I never actually thought about it, but I could totally see Cruz running third-party. That self-serving rear end in a top hat has never shown any particular loyalty to the GOP - why not splinter off and just work his niche? Not sure how that would affect his senate seat though.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

sharkbomb posted:

Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina

Trump and Nikki Haley are practically blood-feuding after the poo poo she talked about him leading up to the SC primary. He'll never choose her as VP, and she wouldn't accept if he did.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

TwinsensRevenge posted:

Infantryman, but that's about to change too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Read the article, it doesn't prove that she did. Her talking about holding elections isn't exactly Operation Ajax.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Majorian posted:

A, not the original memorandum. B, read the second link, idiot. Congressional opposition was what blocked it.

Congressional opposition BECAUSE they didn't want to bring the detainees from the military system over to the federal and charge them all with crimes, which they would have to do to bring them onto US soil. The whole reason they're on a foreign base to begin with.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

No Mans Land posted:

kurds.jpg

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I just logged in and saw this

:black101:

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

They just sit in the bases, they don't go out on patrols or anything too strenuous. The women fighters I mean

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
DID SOMEONE POST AN XKCD COMOC GOATKCD.Com

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

No Mans Land posted:

come on, I know you can give me something juicier than this low hanging fruit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sharkbomb posted:

You know, I never actually thought about it, but I could totally see Cruz running third-party. That self-serving rear end in a top hat has never shown any particular loyalty to the GOP - why not splinter off and just work his niche? Not sure how that would affect his senate seat though.

I think he's far too calculating for that. The only theoretical way for a 3rd party candidate to win is to pull people from both parties and while you can argue that there are dissatisfied liberals/Democrats who could be pulled from Hillary there's no way Cruz is the one to do it.

Cruz's much smarter play is to just take the loss and spend the next four years saying "I told you so" and gearing up for a 2020 run as the "true conservative" who the establishment rejected last time leading to their embarrassing and devastating loss. A 2018 senatorial loss could hurt that but it might be a tactical play for him to simply not run for re-election and just go right into campaigning for 2020 and really cast himself as an "outsider."

I mean, its kind of stupid for him to be doing what he's doing now because even if he wins this contested convention battle its going to destroy his chances in the GE, but I guess his ego is just big enough to convince him he can unite the Republican party and pull in Trump's supportors. But even Cruz can't be arrogant enough to think he's going to pull in the Bernie supporters and independents.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

TwinsensRevenge posted:

come on, I know you give me something juicier than this low hanging fruit

Go away

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

as halfway crooks posted:

great
i know you needed that one, youre almost back now
next we can talk about tree nuts

Tell us again how you believe that deporting all undocumented workers wouldn't hurt the California economy that much.:allears:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

DID SOMEONE POST AN XKCD COMOC GOATKCD.Com

THe only politically acceptable comic to post is the dog in the burning house comic

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Epic High Five posted:

Lol the woman card line of attack would probably lose steam against like, Scott Walker, but it'll get stronger and stronger against Trump because any time the DNC sees women ticking up in favorability for him they'll just play another Stern tape where he says J Lo is too ugly and therefore shouldn't be successful or some poo poo

When I think of Republicans who could successfully parry the "She's a woman and it's her time", I definitely think of guys like Scott Walker, because I have a late stage brain tumor.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

No Mans Land posted:

Congressional opposition BECAUSE they didn't want to bring the detainees from the military system over to the federal and charge them all with crimes, which they would have to do to bring them onto US soil. The whole reason they're on a foreign base to begin with.

In other words, I was right and you just don't want to admit it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
JEsus christ they are playing Carly singing again. gently caress.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

STAC Goat posted:

I think he's far too calculating for that.

That's what I thought. And then he chose Carly.

John Kasich
Feb 3, 2016

by Pragmatica

H5N1 posted:

I'm buckled up...for Kasich!!!

Are you?!

Jeez this is nuts. Can you even believe it?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

STAC Goat posted:

Cruz's much smarter play is to just take the loss and spend the next four years saying "I told you so" and gearing up for a 2020 run as the "true conservative" who the establishment rejected last time leading to their embarrassing and devastating loss.

Except he is going to be primaried out in 2018 and kicked to the curb by the people he will need to get the funding to launch another campaign in 2020 because everyone hates his guts.

And that's assuming he can line up experienced staff to mount another run, it's safe to assume that a good chunk of them hate his guts at this point and are just obligated to stay on for future job prospect reasons.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Majorian posted:

In other words, I was right and you just don't want to admit it.

I just think it's important to know why Congress opposed the plan.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

I think he's far too calculating for that. The only theoretical way for a 3rd party candidate to win is to pull people from both parties and while you can argue that there are dissatisfied liberals/Democrats who could be pulled from Hillary there's no way Cruz is the one to do it.

Cruz's much smarter play is to just take the loss and spend the next four years saying "I told you so" and gearing up for a 2020 run as the "true conservative" who the establishment rejected last time leading to their embarrassing and devastating loss. A 2018 senatorial loss could hurt that but it might be a tactical play for him to simply not run for re-election and just go right into campaigning for 2020 and really cast himself as an "outsider."

I mean, its kind of stupid for him to be doing what he's doing now because even if he wins this contested convention battle its going to destroy his chances in the GE, but I guess his ego is just big enough to convince him he can unite the Republican party and pull in Trump's supportors. But even Cruz can't be arrogant enough to think he's going to pull in the Bernie supporters and independents.

The fundamental emotion behind every one of Ted Cruz's actions is spite. If he loses out on the Republican nomination, don't rule out a third-party run just because he knows he'll never win. If he thinks that a third-party run could make the difference between Trump becoming president and Trump being humiliated on a national stage, he might just go for it - and a third-party Cruz run probably would mean just that, since it would provide the 10-15% of "muh true conservatism" Republicans who might vote for Trump with somewhere else to go.

Majorian posted:

Tell us again how you believe that deporting all undocumented workers wouldn't hurt the California economy that much.:allears:

please don't endorse indentured servitude

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

sharkbomb posted:

Mia Love, congresswoman from Utah

holy poo poo it's gonna be Mia Love, for sure

The announcement would be Classic. "Hey, all you people that say I don't like women, which I have many friends that are women, I want meet my running mate, Mia Love! Mia, come up here, Mia love to see you VP long time, right?"

:slaps her rear end as she walks to mic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
Liberal delusions ultimately depend completely on third world indentured servitude

• Locked thread