Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Trump's vocabulary and penchant for coining terms continues to be my favorite part of this election.

https://twitter.com/Philip_Elliott/status/727288140562571265

Rejoice, The Golden One is here to luxuriate our lexicons. Bigly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

God that's the worst name what the gently caress Trump, are you runnin on fumes or something?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Majorian posted:

If memory serves, Rasmussen was consistently off by 4% on average in the 2012 race, always in Romney's favor.

You are correct, sir.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Epic High Five posted:

Also it wasn't a drone strike on the MSF hospital ya know-nothings

Couldn't remember, doesn't matter.

Edit: wait, no, does matter. Means it probably wasn't a detached command element in rural Nevada authorizing the strike, it was a serious fuckup with and or problem in the ROE.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Dronechat notwithstanding, every open liberal I know in meatspace who opined on the topic was, at worst, "either the targeting protocols need to be reformed, or they worked fine and this decision was goddamn awful". I, btw, was one of those worst. :v:

Relatedly: what do you think President Trump's decision about a hospital treating Taliban aligned fighters would be in the same circumstance? Do you think it would be more restrained?

You are missing the issue. Trumpwaffen are not claiming the moral high ground here. I have no moral qualms about obliterating the enemies of Western Civilization.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Relatedly: what do you think President Trump's decision about a hospital treating Taliban aligned fighters would be in the same circumstance? Do you think it would be more restrained?

Why would you ignore a hospital treating Taliban fighters? Are we fighting a war or playing a game? This is why we don't win anymore.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

for what its worth i saw a cruz bumper sticker on my way home from work. this was in northern va and was the only visible sign for cruz ive seen so far

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Dronechat notwithstanding, every open liberal I know in meatspace who opined on the topic was, at worst, "either the targeting protocols need to be reformed, or they worked fine and this decision was goddamn awful". I, btw, was one of those worst. :v:

I would imagine that would be a decision we would make with NATO or similar, seeing as they would be financially invested at that point. What exactly do we gain from Afghanistan antics at this point? Legitimately curious.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Maoist Pussy posted:

You are missing the issue. Trumpwaffen are not claiming the moral high ground here. I have no moral qualms about obliterating the enemies of Western Civilization.

Oh, so this is outreach to persuade the leftists in favor of bombing enemy-friendly hospitals to support Trump? ...I almost want to see this work, it would confirm Donald has damaged the fabric of reality.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

I would imagine that would be a decision we would make with NATO or similar, seeing as they would be financially invested at that point. What exactly do we gain from Afghanistan antics at this point? Legitimately curious.

lol remember the last time we said gently caress it and pulled out of Afghanistan after a decade long war?

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Maoist Pussy posted:

Some fuckin commie you are

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Typo posted:

lol remember the last time we said gently caress it and pulled out of Afghanistan after a decade long war?

You mean when Russia was involved, yeah not seeing the parallel.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Communists, as very well articulated by Orwell, selectively apply their pacifist doctrines until it only applies to the western countries such as the United States and the UK, while tactfully approving of breaches by leftist regimes such as the Soviet Union. Given this trend in the DNA of Communist thought, it is no accident that once they choose another savior to attach themselves to they simply switched the actors they are willing to tolerate violence from.

To put it another way the ex-Lfers itt are prob gonna whine about obama bombing poo poo but cheer on trump bombing more poo poo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
2016 GOP Primary: Trump Steak or fish-monster

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Oiled and Ready posted:

You mean when Russia was involved, yeah not seeing the parallel.

no, after the russians left

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

That's actually a fair point, it's not exactly a strategically vital theater except in the sense that it leaks into Pakistan. It's not all that much more important than any other random conflict area. I suppose I might support a ratcheting down of involvement in Afghanistan, our high priority goals have been achieved - AQ is hosed and we can cheerily bomb camps in Pakistan for giggles, OBL is dead, the Taliban is now mostly less important than local warlords (and Hekmatyar, but as gigantic of a poo poo as he is, he's not an urgent geopolitical problem). Mission close enough to accomplished, maybe contribute some cheap firepower to the Kabul government in exchange for continued use of an airfield or something.

And keep deploying flying death robots, because that's really pretty cost effective as military intervention goes.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

I'm an American commie, motherfucker.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://twitter.com/TomLlamasABC/status/727274851900248066

----------------

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Oiled and Ready posted:

Ugh if i Googled everything to make sure before I posted I'd never be able to keep up with this thread

And if you hadn't said "drone strikes," it wouldn't have been as much of a burn on Obama, would it. You're spiritual kin to the guy at Fox News that retouches the photos of libs to make them look uglier.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

skaboomizzy posted:

Got drat

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 18, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

skaboomizzy posted:

:vince:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

H5N1 posted:

SOMEONE FORGOT TO BUCKLE UP

:yikes:

As much as I love your gimmick H5N1, you should probably NWS or NMS that amigo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

This is the one fellas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ahahaha

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That's actually a fair point, it's not exactly a strategically vital theater except in the sense that it leaks into Pakistan. It's not all that much more important than any other random conflict area. I suppose I might support a ratcheting down of involvement in Afghanistan, our high priority goals have been achieved - AQ is hosed and we can cheerily bomb camps in Pakistan for giggles, OBL is dead, the Taliban is now mostly less important than local warlords (and Hekmatyar, but as gigantic of a poo poo as he is, he's not an urgent geopolitical problem). Mission close enough to accomplished, maybe contribute some cheap firepower to the Kabul government in exchange for continued use of an airfield or something.

And keep deploying flying death robots, because that's really pretty cost effective as military intervention goes.

The American withdraw from Afghanistan after the fall of the Communist government allowed the Pakistanis and the Saudis to play kingmaker and they pushed the Taliban, a group which barely existed during the Soviet-Afghan war itself, into power. Both the Pakistanis and the Saudis wanted to push the most radical Islamist government into power because they are the most reliable (short-term) allies and the least likely to ally with India. If the US is to pull out of Afghanistan again, there's every reason to believe Pakistan will simply pull a repeat of the 1990s and we would be right back where we started in 2001.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Also, just reminder that Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson wrote and star in this classic:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/bGYrhKQ.jpg:nws: for language

One of Trump's favorites I'm sure

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

What is that pin on the guy on the right's suit?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Not a Step posted:

Neo-con + neo-liberal, friends for life. Gonna call it the NeoAmerica party.

This will always be the best word filter.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Also, just reminder that Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson wrote and star in this classic:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/bGYrhKQ.jpg:nws: for language

One of Trump's favorites I'm sure

The trailer for this movie owned

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Mad Wack posted:

Praetorian Guard

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Mad Wack posted:

I don't know what the pin is, but that's Cruz's Meme guy. I'm being entirely serious here, Cruz hired "Applied Memetics LLC" to help his campaign and I'm pretty sure that's the CEO.

----------------

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Donald Kimball posted:

Praetorian Guard

I was gonna suggest Illuminatus

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

https://twitter.com/TomLlamasABC/status/727274851900248066

edit: Ah late to the party sorry. But I'm going to leave it up.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Glenn Beck is calling for 24 hour fast

https://mobile.twitter.com/glennbeck/status/727299179282874368

quote:

“We all agree, America is at a cross roads. If we choose a King, he will give us one. He always does. But because we are the only nation since ancient Israel to have actually made a covenant with Him, it must be broken, I believe by all of us.

“I realize many will mock this theory, but in a way that will prove my point. We have become such an unholy people that he wants to see each of us, each state to choose – who will you serve? Principles, truth, kindness, and decency or those who deal in greed, hate, anger and fear.

“Tuesday Indiana is making its choice. All will be counted. It strikes me as an important ‘coincidence’ that the election will be held just a few days after the anniversary of the original covenant. I have asked for this in the past and was mocked. It is okay.

“I would like to ask that you, your family and friends join me for a day of prayers, fasting and humility. To beg the Lord to not remove His hand from us. To turn to Him and ask that He will heal our land. Beginning Monday night and running for 24 hours ending on Tuesday will you pray and if possible fast like you have never done before?

“Cry out to Him. Join me and my family in praying and fasting for our nation and our God to look down and forgive us of our misguided ways. Help us Lord to return to you and have the bravery to do the hard thing – to Trust in You and to do our part by standing firm in the eternal truths that Got us here in the first place.

“Let us renew our covenant with Him and as George Washington did and humbly seek his face, guidance and protection. Please help spread the word. ‪#‎Tuesdayfast‬.” – Glenn Beck, posting to his Facebook page.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

lmfao

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
24 hours is a pathetic time to fast but I'm about 99.9% sure Beck won't even stick to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Beck strikes me as one of those people with a million different little "well this doesn't count as breaking it" rules for fasting, aka a phony

I'm a frothing liberal heathen and I fast 1 day a week too Beck. I think to think it cancels yours out :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread