Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Where is the button to start it? Where are the LED indicators? How am I supposed to know how to use this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if they had meetings about what ethnicity the demonstration lady should be.

It only took one meeting to decide somewhere between Sophia Vergara and Selena Gomez, but ten more meetings to decide on exactly where on that spectrum.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Why does she only say "tortilla" like that and not all words? Would that be too ethnic and therefore scary?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Gutcruncher posted:

Why does she only say "tortilla" like that and not all words? Would that be too ethnic and therefore scary?

It's not so much that it's scary, it's that the target demographic is people that speak in exactly that way. "Regular" American vernacular, but making sure people know you're cultured by pronouncing foreign words "properly".

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

SpacePig posted:

It's not so much that it's scary, it's that the target demographic is people that speak in exactly that way. "Regular" American vernacular, but making sure people know you're cultured by pronouncing foreign words "properly".

it's the Peggy Hill maneuver

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

BattleMaster posted:

it's the Peggy Hill maneuver

Now I want to see an episode of King of the Hill where Peggy has to justify buying this thing, and tries to explain the flour pods to Hank.

e:
Please Kickstart the production of my fan episode of King of the Hill. I don't own the rights to names or likenesses, but I'll deal with that later. I'm sure it'll be fine.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 15:59 on May 9, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm waiting for someone to bring out a DRM pod machine that makes pirate pods for all the other DRM pod machines you have taking up room on your kitchen counter

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm waiting for someone to bring out a DRM pod machine that makes pirate pods for all the other DRM pod machines you have taking up room on your kitchen counter

There's already a cottage industry of people figuring out different ways to get past Keurig's DRM system.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't believe we're pirating food.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You wouldn't download a sandwich.

(Yes I would)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Do any of them involve killing a policeman and stealing his hat

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't believe we're pirating food.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I credit this thread with teaching me that store-bought tortillas suck.

I just have to figure out if they suck enough to go through the trouble of making my own. If only there was a simpler solution.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

muscles like this? posted:

There's already a cottage industry of people figuring out different ways to get past Keurig's DRM system.

I wonder how much crossover there is between coffee DRM hackers and vapers who are modding/overclocking their e-cigs.

Edit: ha, check out all the failed/cancelled vaping projects on Kickstarter
Note that vaporizers or related paraphernalia are now prohibited on KS

Edit: whoooooah
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kick-start-the-vape-nation-vapenaysh-vnworldwide#/

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 17:07 on May 9, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Germstore posted:

I missed this earlier:

Holy poo poo. Assuming everyone eats 3 tortillas each it's almost 5 minutes per person. You'd literally break even making the tortillas by hand at 3 or 4 people, and you'd be having fun cooking instead of baby sitting your retard tortilla bot.

The people who would buy and use this product have several things in common. They don't think they have time to learn how to cook, and they don't have two friends to cook for.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

I credit this thread with teaching me that store-bought tortillas suck.

I just have to figure out if they suck enough to go through the trouble of making my own. If only there was a simpler solution.
If you have anything resembling a Latino population in your area, you should be able to find good corn tortillas. I can get something like four local brands, and I'm near DC.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I live in the south of the UK and all I can get is sad store brand tortillas and I'm way too lazy to make like 4 of them or whatever once a month for tacos, and yet I still wouldn't buy that tortilla making GBS threads machine because it is terrible in every possible way. The target market seems to actually be "people who don't want tortillas" which is blowing my mind.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Germstore posted:

store bought tortillas suck really really bad.

Compared to a hand made tortilla from an authentic Mexican restaurant: Yes
Compared to what the tortilla-tron shits out: No.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SpacePig posted:

She reminds me of an NPR reporter.

havax
Oct 2, 2002

by Pragmatica
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archetypestudios/midair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wj6AGIKrc

for all you tribes-like game haters

havax has a new favorite as of 00:52 on May 10, 2016

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

havax posted:

for all you tribes-like game haters

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
And really, when I think of small, easily storable kitchen devices with limited but still handy usage, I think of tortilla presses. Every time I think of this machine I get the giggles.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Here's my idea for the next Kickstarter kitchen success: A pasta maker that, using 50 cent pods, generates a 1/4 cup of annoyingly thick spaghetti.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

fishmech posted:

Here's my idea for the next Kickstarter kitchen success: A pasta maker that, using 50 cent pods, generates a 1/4 cup of annoyingly thick spaghetti.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

fishmech posted:

And it all comes out in one long strand. You have to break it into smaller pieces by hand, which makes it more artisanal.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Pro tip: after using a hot pan to cook tortillas, you can use that same hot pan to cook the stuff that goes with your tortillas.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

wayne curr posted:

Pro tip: after using a hot pan to cook tortillas, you can use that same hot pan to cook the stuff that goes with your tortillas.

At least give us a link to this "hot pan" kickstarter.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

heat your food with our premeasured kerosene pods.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

SpacePig posted:

And it all comes out in one long strand. You have to break it into smaller pieces by hand, which makes it more artisanal.

You can't make me pay for art. :colbert:

evilcat
May 16, 2009

fishmech posted:

Throw 'organic', 'vegan', 'gmo free' and 'gluten free' on it and people will be flinging money at you. Optional extra step is to make a manual one with a plunger and stick some wood on it, throw on some 'artisan' and 'handcrafted' and other buzzwords and sell it as an EDC pastamaker.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would buy a cupcake machine. Some sort of 3d printer with DRM icing spools

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

heat your food with our premeasured kerosene pods.

Which are just the regular ones they sell at camping supply stores but they come with their own app and sell for 49.99 a pop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

We have actually hit the Sci Fi future where people just push a button to get basic poo poo and it's so much lamer than I ever could have imagined.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NESguerilla posted:

We have actually hit the Sci Fi future where people just push a button to get basic poo poo and it's so much lamer than I ever could have imagined.

So it's 2016 and we've got 'hoverboards' and 'replicators' and dead musicians appearing on stage thanks to 'holograms'. Welcome to the future!!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
There are a lot of things wrong with this version of the future but the fact that well-off assholes are bleeding money on lovely proprietary foodstuffs due to their Monty Burns-esque inability to do anything themselves is one of the few upsides.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Are we still talking about that motherfucking tortilla maker when there's an idiot who came up with the stupidest Unified Field Theory™ imaginable

quote:

My goal is to travel the country as a journalist to self-promote my theory for Unified Field Theory. I wish to travel to many Ivy-League universities and speak in different venues.

The search for a unified, "theory of everything" occupied much of Albert Einstein's life and career. In fact, he was working on such a theory while on his death bed.

I discovered my theory while playing an online video game. The equation I discovered is, quite simply, zero equals one. Much shorter than even the theory of relativity: e=mc2.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Noyemi K posted:

Are we still talking about that motherfucking tortilla maker when there's an idiot who came up with the stupidest Unified Field Theory™ imaginable

Saw that on retsupurae, uh well done to him for making $14 with incoherent rambling I guess.

Though he probably would've made more on the street with a cheap sign.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Did Triton disappear from Indiegogo again? It looks like their campaign page has been replaced with a Coming Soon splash page, but they completed their funding a week or two ago.

Could Indiegogo after have canceled the project after it was successfully funded?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-s-first-artificial-gills-oxygen-respirator--2/coming_soon#/

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

lorn Wayne posted:

Saw that on retsupurae, uh well done to him for making $14 with incoherent rambling I guess.

Though he probably would've made more on the street with a cheap sign.

The thing that grinds my dickmeat is... what was he expecting to do with $10? Bribe someone to let him into an auditorium stage? Eat two or three cheeseburgers on his way to his doomed pitch to a university?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

Did Triton disappear from Indiegogo again? It looks like their campaign page has been replaced with a Coming Soon splash page, but they completed their funding a week or two ago.

Could Indiegogo after have canceled the project after it was successfully funded?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-s-first-artificial-gills-oxygen-respirator--2/coming_soon#/

Apparently it was canceled, and they put up a new one with disclaimers.

https://m.reddit.com/r/shittykickstarters/comments/4cy81f/triton_campaign_canceled_refunds_promised_we_did/