Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

ManofManyAliases posted:

1) Some here, on reddit and CIG forums (or could just be the same people on all three) are quick to claim SCAM or FRAUD. The FBI, FTC, State AGs and other authorities are not idiots. I know from experience that when something with this much steam and attention becomes more public daily, people and authorities will take an interest in it. And such, if the notion of a scam or fraud ever became anything more, authorities would not wait for four years to effect an investigation (even just to start one). They most especially wouldn't allow a company to continue to accept donations/pledges/etc, to the tune of 100+ million dollars.

As with every other time you've posted about anything legal, you clearly just don't understand the law or financial crime investigation, in any jurisdiction.

In 2013 a US District Court Judge reported the lawyers and corporate officers of Prenda Law to the DoJ for conspiracy and racketeering. While it's now known that the FBI and the DOJ are in the latter stages of their investigation, they're still yet to file charges for fraud and assorted other federal charges.

That's three years, with enough evidence back then to file charges, and a USDC judge personally saying 'hey, these guys are breaking the law'.

When Washington's AG filed suit against the kickstarter creator behind 'Asylum Playing Cards' it was over a year after that kickstarter had stopped making any updates at all and had privately admitted they just weren't going to be even attempting to produce what people had given them money for. He'd even been given the chance to avoid the case and just stuck his head the sand and gave the AG an open and shut win.

Individuals in Europe can already, now, bring legal action against CIG the moment they're refused a refund on their purchases (something you keep ignoring through your TOS bullshit). Small Claims court in the UK would rule in the customer's favour every time due to the UK having actual consumer protection law, which is particularly strong for online ordering, and that's up to a £10k claim for the customer.

You have absolutely no idea whether officials in the US, UK or Germany are in any way investigating CIG and its assorted dodgy company shenanigans (e.g. their unlawful claim to retain VAT when they did a refund, or the questions over when they started to charge VAT versus when they should have been charging, or even if they're refunding it correctly across territories). Moreover you clearly have no idea that in the UK both the FSA and the SFO keep those investigations entirtely under wraps until they're ready to charge. The DOJ, FBI and FTC go even further in that regard.

On top of that, they could quite easily simply have a file saying 'keep monitoring' as they wait patiently for CIG to gently caress up beyond the point any reasonable person could believe anything but that they've engaged in fraudulent and deceptive practises.

Or alternatively you do know the above and are just continuing to spin spin spin as you desperately hope someone on here might believe your bullshit.

PST fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deedrix
Jun 6, 2016

"Give me money and I'll give you shit in return."
CIG ToS

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/4mmg4y/psa_cigs_blacklist_categorization/d3y6398?context=3
So who new their current ToS posted on their site is actually their kickstarter ToS and should be disregarded.
You learn something new everyday.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

they banned me because I questioned them and CR.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

intardnation posted:

actually they have been doing it since they started. all those shows 10ftc, atv etc. all have the alien language in it. you have had it all along just like star marine.

Ya woh eh dip ehp did eh woh did.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

ManofManyAliases posted:

Because amazingribs.com said so? How many Michelin stars do they have? I mean - there's nothing wrong with the Ducasse method; he's more concerned about the flavor of the meat itself and not so much about the carbonization of the marble. Me? I prefer more of a char. So I start by rendering the sides of the steak - as would Ducasse, but I flash it with high heat and finish it with high sear to char it.

Amazingribs also links to some other places. Check out the link!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

intardnation posted:

they banned me because I questioned them and CR.

oh emm gee, you're such a high-maintenance snowflake toxic goon dink.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Jon Do posted:

also talking to this idiot about steak, really? for shame, goons. he is probably vegan.

"Those idiot goons actually believed that I ate steak! I am teh master troll of Something Awful forums!"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Breetai posted:

Chris Ben, sandi and disco lando.

The Year Four of Our Lord And Stimperor saw the rise of the Fearsome Amalgamate, The ChrisBen. It is told that the writhing, amebous visage of The ChrisBen quenched the sun itself, throwing all four Stimpires into the worst kind of darkness tripling every second.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Can't I be both?

Sure! Unlike reddit or theil CIG (or is it CiG?) forums you're free to be both. But we'll make fun of you when you're being a joke. Nothing personal.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

PST posted:

As with every other time you've posted about anything legal, you clearly just don't understand the law or financial crime investigation, in any jurisdiction.

In 2013 a US District Court Judge reported the lawyers and corporate officers of Prenda Law to the DoJ for conspiracy and racketeering. While it's now known that the FBI and the DOJ are in the latter stages of their investigation, they're still yet to file charges for fraud and assorted other federal charges.

That's three years, with enough evidence back then to file charges, and a USDC judge personally saying 'hey, these guys are breaking the law'.

When Washington's AG filed suit against the kickstarter creator behind 'Asylum Playing Cards' it was over a year after that kickstarter had stopped making any updates at all and had privately admitted they just weren't going to be even attempting to produce what people had given them money for. He'd even been given the chance to avoid the case and just stuck his head the sand and gave the AG an open and shut win.

Individuals in Europe can already, now, bring legal action against CIG the moment they're refused a refund on their purchases (something you keep ignoring through your TOS bullshit). Small Claims court in the UK would rule in the customer's favour every time due to the UK having actual consumer protection law, which is particularly strong for online ordering, and that's up to a £10k claim for the customer.

You have absolutely no idea whether officials in the US, UK or Germany are in any way investigating CIG and its assorted dodgy company shenanigans (e.g. their unlawful claim to retain VAT when they did a refund, or the questions over when they started to charge VAT versus when they should have been charging, or even if they're refunding it correctly across territories). Moreover you clearly have no idea that in the UK both the FSA and the SFO keep those investigations entirtely under wraps until they're ready to charge. The DOJ, FBI and FTC go even further in that regard.

On top of that, they could quite easily simply have a file saying 'keep monitoring' as they wait patiently for CIG to gently caress up beyond the point any reasonable person could believe anything but that they've engaged in fraudulent and deceptive practises.

Or alternatively you do know the above and are just continuing to spin spin spin as you desperately hope someone on here might believe your bullshit.

How many times are we going to have to remind YOU GUYS that Steve/Toast was just a poxy paralegal. Do not be too hard on him. Stay on target.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Someone call up Matt Stone and Trey Parker and see if they'll do a Star Citizen South Park tia~~~~~

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

WebDO posted:

Someone call up Matt Stone and Trey Parker and see if they'll do a Star Citizen South Park tia~~~~~

They did.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
webdog, Webdog, WEBDOG! What do your little birds have to say about the current state of SC?

It's worth a try to do this terrible summon.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Eldragon posted:

Jesus Christ stop trying to replicate the cadence of the speech and just use complete sentences. This is unreadable.

Why would you have it easy after the torture he went through listening to that dross?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Lladre posted:

No one mentioned that Sandi's character is named Morona? As in stupid?

Yeah I know I photo shopped out the last A, sue me.

she looks ill in that picture.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but someone posted this link in Derek's blog about Herbalife:

http://www.capital-moments.com/the-business-of-selling-dreams/

A nice rundown of MLM schemes. Then I thought back to this:

https://web.archive.org/web/2007110...dgcfjjinfhimecg

The first link casts our favorite harridan as "Hispanic Girl" for, you guessed it, Herbalife.

I wonder if, while going through the harrowing trials of being "Hispanic Girl" for photos advertising a not-so-up-and-up company, if the best saleswoman in the world ever since she was a very small girl didn't pick up a few pointers?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nothing wrong with taking my stance and defending it. I'm of the opinion that, although they are claiming open development (at least more open than some other projects we see), there is still much under wraps that won't be shown.

yes there is because you gave them 4k.made money back on the gray market my rear end everyone says that because of embarrassment. Dude just own it. And this is the problem with CIG they dont own anything and never make mistakes.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TTerrible posted:

MOMA:

If the current PTU is an old codebase with a shiny new one hidden away why are they bothering to take bug reports for it? Why are they creating focused bug testing groups under an NDA to test an out of date code base that they've already surpassed in private?

Good question: They're still using the reports to flesh-out any issues in the flight mechanics for SQ42. The last major addition for SQ is in July and most of the levels are already complete. They just need to turn it over to art/design. As for the focused bug groups: they're NDA'd because the levels/assets/and adjusted flight mechanics have heavy elements of SQ42 interspersed and they obviously don't want that out in the public realm just yet.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
MoMA don't let your lies turn people into space cowbos!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Good question: They're still using the reports to flesh-out any issues in the flight mechanics for SQ42. The last major addition for SQ is in July and most of the levels are already complete. They just need to turn it over to art/design. As for the focused bug groups: they're NDA'd because the levels/assets/and adjusted flight mechanics have heavy elements of SQ42 interspersed and they obviously don't want that out in the public realm just yet.

I like it when you post jokes :)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh - and for those asking about my food:

Last night, I grilled a nice marbled ribeye that I finished in a cast iron pot for a good char. The key to properly grilling a steak is to allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 mins prior to grilling, and season it with nothing but salt (Kosher salt is best as it covers more surface area) and ground black pepper. Second, you want to make sure you're using high eat to sear in the juices. When thrown on the grill, watch to see as the blood emerges from the top of the steak (generally around the 2 minute mark). Do not flip before you see this. After you flip, you should give it another 1.5 to 2 mins. I gave it less because I then threw it in a cast iron with butter, thyme and garlic to finish of the sear (and a medium-rare temp).

With the steak, I made some brown rice and quinoa and a side of sauteed baby spinach.

This morning, I had leftover steak so I sliced it thin and made two eggs over-easy, pan fried tomatoes, and some feta for a quick and easy, healthy meal.

That sounds amazing, good call.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Mr Fronts posted:

oh emm gee, you're such a high-maintenance snowflake toxic goon dink.

Nope but I became a goon before they banned me lol. though I knda wish I had those tags. sad day for me didnt even leave a dent.f

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

ManofManyAliases posted:

You've said before that nobody here works at CIG and therefore anything (negative) we say is no more than conjecture, and yet we're stating it as fact, which you find inappropriate. Fair point. Yet your above quote (bolded section in particular) is also stated as fact. If you don't work there, as you've stated repeatedly, are you simply taking their word for it? Why, at this stage, would you, or anyone else for that matter, take their word for anything?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but someone posted this link in Derek's blog about Herbalife:

http://www.capital-moments.com/the-business-of-selling-dreams/

A nice rundown of MLM schemes. Then I thought back to this:

https://web.archive.org/web/2007110...dgcfjjinfhimecg

The first link casts our favorite harridan as "Hispanic Girl" for, you guessed it, Herbalife.

I wonder if, while going through the harrowing trials of being "Hispanic Girl" for photos advertising a not-so-up-and-up company, if the best saleswoman in the world ever since she was a very small girl didn't pick up a few pointers?

Wow. She can both jog and play ping-pong. That's an impressive list of skills right there, and definitely not padded at all, no-siree.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

orcinus posted:

Ya woh eh dip ehp did eh woh did.

thank god for our translater Jones or we could have been infected.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MOMA is earning his pay with all this distraction from FUD good work everyone

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

My god I hope you are right because between you and me I am starting to have niggling doubts about the project.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Scruffpuff posted:

You've said before that nobody here works at CIG and therefore anything (negative) we say is no more than conjecture, and yet we're stating it as fact, which you find inappropriate. Fair point. Yet your above quote (bolded section in particular) is also stated as fact. If you don't work there, as you've stated repeatedly, are you simply taking their word for it? Why, at this stage, would you, or anyone else for that matter, take their word for anything?

I stated it as fact because that's what was reported in May's monthly report (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report). So, yes - I'm just taking their word for it.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Meanwhile, in a slightly less fidelitious galaxy...

http://dyingsungame.com/

It's out tomorrow.

will be getting this myself.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

My god I hope you are right because between you and me I am starting to have niggling doubts about the project.

:captainpop:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Justin Tyme posted:

MOMA is earning his pay with all this distraction from FUD good work everyone

What am I distracting you from? Is your attention-discipline so low that you cannot maintain a discussion/argument/campaign while allowing yourself to actively engage differing opinions? In other words - stop speaking nonsensical bullshit.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen - I'm just taking their word for it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

ManofManyAliases posted:

What am I distracting you from? Is your attention-discipline so low that you cannot maintain a discussion/argument/campaign while allowing yourself to actively engage differing opinions? In other words - stop speaking nonsensical bullshit.

:nsa:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Look, you pulled the steak card, not us.
That will distract anyone and you know it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Xaerael posted:

Star Citizen - I'm just steaking their word for it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
See?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Look, you pulled the steak card, not us.
That will distract anyone and you know it.

You never posted food or recipes here commando? I mean - a lot of you do. And I was just trying to fit in = ( Meridian - halp.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I stated it as fact because that's what was reported in May's monthly report (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15364-Monthly-Studio-Report). So, yes - I'm just taking their word for it.

that didnt come from roberts unless you took dictation therefor you work there. After all the only truth in CIG is roberts right? That is what CR said right? the only truth is his and you stated that as a truth.

so you just gave yourself away and go home or stay and play for the lols. just stop pretending.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

You never posted food or recipes here commando? I mean - a lot of you do. And I was just trying to fit in = ( Meridian - halp.

post cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

I only eat food from plastic packets that require no preparation, I literally pour cereal directly into my mouth

• Locked thread