Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Don't forget all the posts that were on the serious SA Star Citizen threads.

In the GBS thread days we would take posts from the Games thread and make fun of how goons were talking about how a size 5 turret becoming a size 4 had an impact with whatever power generator, or theory crafting how you could use High G maneuvers to mince up boarders in your cargo bay with the cargo flying around.

A simpler time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Sedisp posted:

I have heard this exact thing from people trying to get into the housing market in 2007-2008.

Here's the thing MoMA this has had proof of collapse. The red flags are all there and you're praying the Stimperor really does have invisible clothes. Then you start telling other people how invisible clothes would be tehnically possible while we all laugh.

proof of collapse would require... proof of collapse, and that would require collapsing.

still seems to be going.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

CIG: we are going to build a nice 2 bedroom house and are asking for your help with the funding! It's a modest project, will look pretty cool and you can come and stay in it! Who is in?
(Gets 2 million)
CIG: woo that was easy! So we are still building the house but are now collecting additional donations on our new website!
(Gets 6 million)
LOL. Ok! We hear you loud and clear! We are now going to also build an extension!
(Gets 10 million)
We are now selling Ferraris for the house! We are building them too!
(12 million)
Bathrooms with gold robot toilets!
(14 million)
Laser sharks in a fish pond and 5 extra rooms!
(16 million)
Helicopter pad on the roof and a rescue / pirate helicopter!
(18 million)
The driveway paved with the tears of ED players! A personal penis extension and sex boudoir!
(20 million)
Underground cocktail bar, monorail to Cuba!
(22 million)
Personal robot brothel with a choice of 12 genital options!
(24 million)
Buy a loving juggernaut to sit in your drive! Comes with anti aircraft missiles!
(26 million)
Every room will be 4 dimensional and created from raw diamonds and cake!
(28 million)
OMFG It's a loving space castle on the third moon of Jupiter with 114 helicopter pads, 12 space brothels, diamond toilets with rocket launchers, star monkeys, robot breakdancers, inflatable women, and nuclear death rays!
(115 million)

Build 2.4:
We have implemented a small shed! There is a shop inside!

Gravity_Storm fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 21, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Slavechoker you have a copy. I feel hollow, like death all my life.

"Captain BumbleBee, sensors have detected a rogue ship in my vicinity, a Commander B'tak. Should I engage?"
"Negative, follow him... let's see where he's going. Continue pursuit with a stealth zeta protocol flying procedure."
"Captain! He's gone!!! He just vanished into thin air"
"No ship that small has a cloaking device! Scan the area, Aires, Dumbledork and LocoMotive verify that no one has quantum trave--"
"Bobby, is that really necessary? I mean, it's Btak. He just alt-f4'ed when he saw us. Its not like the game engine really even lets us travel undetected everyone just knows if someon---"
"DONT USE MY REAL NAME WHEN MY MOM LOGS IN YOURE OUT OF THE CLAN"

Suddenly I'm having fun with Star Citizen

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AP posted:

The absolute best thing about 2013 was the goon who made the largest Star Citizen alliance of thousands of "players" partially disband and retreat from the official forums entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhjG43Ckiw

Just by making a video.

What org was that? PACT?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

AP posted:

I've kept everything funny about Star Citizen, I had to buy a larger hard drive.

you should really dump it all on a webpage, don't even need to sort or anything. just make it a photo gallery that randomly displays an image when you hit the next button.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lazrin posted:

proof of collapse would require... proof of collapse, and that would require collapsing.

still seems to be going.

Or, you know you could look at the smoke billowing out of the windows and decide that now is a bad time to enter this particular structure. Maybe you should help some people get out safely before the situation gets worse.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lazrin posted:

still seems to be going.

Hey guys they technically haven't not released a game yet.

Mission Accomplished.

$400 (Buy PLEDGE Now)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Space farm
Space car dealership
Space dome
Space dome ship
News van
Space crops
Space lawnmow...wait nevermind, err wait it's still just a jpeg.
Space condo
Space court
space college
space waste management
space birds
space lint
space "full human anatomy, including breathing and pulse model, realistic eating and drinking, showering and bathroom usage"
space tacos
space.

i am sure there is more

oh, space cats, pets and lizards

parp

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

you can see that fool is isn it for his own self promotion nothing else. he has to make sure he gets credit and that eyes are on him

For fucks sake, at least MoMa mixes things up a bit, you're like a broken record.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lazrin posted:

still seems to be going.

still seems to be going.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

AP posted:

Recruit, use correct squadron designations immediately. Refer to convoy diagram C-32, report status correctly to command organisation, you're not even showing on the structured roster for this section. I'm going to consider making you resit your exams and expect a full report on all this. Fleet Command, out.

That guy thinks Military Police is literally Judge Dredd lol.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Like I said: I think they have a lot of this planned out behind the scenes and are not being open about it (nor have they implemented anything yet) because (possibly) they're saving it for bigger reveals this year and next. It does go against the 'open nature' of development that they have claimed though.

You don't know this. You're trying to convince yourself that it's true, and that your speculation is fact, but in reality you have nothing but wishful thinking behind you. Years of listening to Chris's bullshit have altered your brain to the point where hope and a suggestion are practically guarantees. Here are actual facts: Chris Roberts has hosed up every estimate he's provided except one, CIG has used this same line about saving for a bigger reveal more than once, and they skipped out on E3 even though they had a year to prepare for it.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes - I have, and I can't think that a person who is under such public scrutiny would be so blatant as to take 100+ mil and say 'gently caress all of you' without knowing there are going to be serious repercussions. But, I also don't believe that is the issue. I think he's passionate enough to know that he was loving up and took a step back, refocused energies and is keeping everything quiet and underwraps now so that he can just churn out actual resutls (which is why he's spending so much time in UK and is no longer providing hard dates or promises).

Let's go over the ways this is possible:
A) He's a scam artist and is willfully deceiving people to commit mass fraud. Not exactly a stretch.
B) He's so hopelessly lost in his own little world that the possibility of failure escapes him, so the money is justified.
C) People are leading him along and intentionally deceiving him about the status of things so he'll become the fall guy.

I'm sure there are others, but the idea that the public scrutiny is somehow a safeguard against malfeasance is pretty laughable.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dante80 posted:

Ok, I enjoyed that, I cannot lie.

"This really grinds my loving gears. These noisemakers and poo poo-heels are feel its okay to criticize VideoGame Journalism™, going on and on about how gaming websites are all biased.

None of these jerks know anything about journalism. Have they reviewed anything? Have they dealt with publishers in order to get early copies? Have any of them run a website?

Maybe these assholes should all keep their stupidity, and bad opinions, to themselves and stop creating all these clickbait threads that exacerbate the problem.

Honestly, at this point I've just started ignoring anyone who whines and bitches and moans without making any attempt at researching the journalistic integrity of the writers or the source."

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Certainly the sign of a fool is not posting on a dead gay comedy forum about how great this stupid abortion of a game is/will be, while trying to justify "disposable income" spent on it. No way.

I mean poo poo, they're putting out test versions of the game so you can play and see what it's like. Go play it. Get your money's worth. Why the gently caress even post here, when you could be having the time of your life?

Unless you feel that the "game" you "paid for" isn't complete, and that they are holding things back, for "controlled criticism" or "hype".

:kayak:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Propagandist posted:

Certainly the sign of a fool is not posting on a dead gay comedy forum about how great this stupid abortion of a game is/will be, while trying to justify "disposable income" spent on it. No way.

I mean poo poo, they're putting out test versions of the game so you can play and see what it's like. Go play it. Get your money's worth. Why the gently caress even post here, when you could be having the time of your life?

Unless you feel that the "game" you "paid for" isn't complete, and that they are holding things back, for "controlled criticism" or "hype".

:kayak:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

What org was that? PACT?

Yeah, PACT was Space NATO. Various organisations left and they went into silent running on the forums until game launch in 2014, dunno if still going or all died of old age now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

you should really dump it all on a webpage, don't even need to sort or anything. just make it a photo gallery that randomly displays an image when you hit the next button.

:effort:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

True citizens seem to be getting even more testy and defensive lately. They are really circling the wagons in that massively OP article that someone posted.

Lukewarm Gazpacho
Aug 8, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvZm7pOIFs

This was just on my TV screen...

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You don't know this. You're trying to convince yourself that it's true, and that your speculation is fact, but in reality you have nothing but wishful thinking behind you.

and how is that any different from what you do? you keep talking just to convince yourself when there's no tangible evidence of anything in this circle jerk being true.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker
every failure of a game has had a secret build. that's how you know it's a failure.

Star Citizen is testing the patch the will fix everything right now! The next internal patch of DOOM Multiplayer is adding basic old-school deathmatch! The next secret update to Anarchy Online is going to fix all the problems! Internally, Bungie is working a patch to put multiplayer back into Oni!

no lie I cried a little bit when they took the multiplayer out of oni some secret builds you just wanna believe so hard

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Lazrin posted:

and how is that any different from what you do? you keep talking just to convince yourself when there's no tangible evidence of anything in this circle jerk being true.

The difference is folks here haven't spent hundreds or thousands of dollars. You could literally have burnt that money and got more utility out of it by heating up a can of soup. And that's fuckin' funny.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker
never did I think to myself "if I give Bungie money HAND OVER FIST they'll get it to work"

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Lazrin posted:

The evidence is the 150 million dollar train wreck that crashes everytime it boots up

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

If they were to release between 2017-2018, however, would that not fall into the estimated development times of practically every AAA title? If we count development from beginning of 2013 through end of 2017, we're talking about 5 solid years straddling the 6th.

Why 2013?

What were they doing from 2011-2013?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
There are people reading and posting in this thread that have seen 100% incontrovertible, iron clad proof that Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are completely hosed and are never being released as pitched.

MoMA, you can believe or disbelieve the above statement but you've been warned.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TTerrible posted:

There are people reading and posting in this thread that have seen 100% incontrovertible, iron clad proof that Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are completely hosed and are never being released as pitched.

MoMA, you can believe or disbelieve the above statement but you've been warned.

so show me.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lazrin posted:

so show me.

I didn't say I've seen it.

Also, if you're not convinced of that by what has already happened I'm not entirely convinced you would be by anything else beyond Chris Roberts speaking on video saying "I am not releasing any of these games".

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No problem now go back to posting good posts

Oh look, a wild James Brand appears!

James Brand uses post!

...it's not very effective.

His joke of a career? AS a videogame developer?

I mean... we all knew Chris Roberts was a joke.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Semisponge posted:

Do you think shitizens dare each other to say "Derek Smart" into a mirror 42 times

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

This is Reaper Widowmaker Alphawolf, I've got a bogie on my 6, execute attack pattern Riker, Pvt Zeldashot.

This is Shitehawk Kipper Stoker McWolfFart, I've got a booger on my nostril, execute operation kebab roll Papa Alpha Alpha Romeo Papa.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

Yeah, PACT was Space NATO. Various organisations left and they went into silent running on the forums until game launch in 2014, dunno if still going or all died of old age now.

Ah man...that really was comedy gold back then, when there were still hopes abound even among goons that this would be a game that would actually happen one day and not be a total scam. That potential future is what made the PACT meltdown on the forums, the mods babysitting them, and them still imploding with BWC leaving and Blue Horizon *literally* destroying itself, because of the leader being paranoid about non-existent goon spies in his space guild, that made it all that much more hilarious.

Now tho, when it's obvious that a big fat nothing will happen of all this...I'm halfway ashamed myself TBH that I expended that much thought over it all, when I saw it. Even if it was funny.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

The difference is folks here haven't spent hundreds or thousands of dollars. You could literally have burnt that money and got more utility out of it by heating up a can of soup. And that's fuckin' funny.

He can play the "game" and heat it on his graphics card instead.

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Gravity_Storm posted:

CIG: we are going to build a nice 2 bedroom house and are asking for your help with the funding! It's a modest project, will look pretty cool and you can come and stay in it! Who is in?
(Gets 2 million)
CIG: woo that was easy! So we are still building the house but are now collecting additional donations on our new website!
(Gets 6 million)
LOL. Ok! We hear you loud and clear! We are now going to also build an extension!
(Gets 10 million)
We are now selling Ferraris for the house! We are building them too!
(12 million)
Bathrooms with gold robot toilets!
(14 million)
Laser sharks in a fish pond and 5 extra rooms!
(16 million)
Helicopter pad on the roof and a rescue / pirate helicopter!
(18 million)
The driveway paved with the tears of ED players! A personal penis extension and sex boudoir!
(20 million)
Underground cocktail bar, monorail to Cuba!
(22 million)
Personal robot brothel with a choice of 12 genital options!
(24 million)
Buy a loving juggernaut to sit in your drive! Comes with anti aircraft missiles!
(26 million)
Every room will be 4 dimensional and created from raw diamonds and cake!
(28 million)
OMFG It's a loving space castle on the third moon of Jupiter with 114 helicopter pads, 12 space brothels, diamond toilets with rocket launchers, star monkeys, robot breakdancers, inflatable women, and nuclear death rays!
(115 million)

Build 2.4:
We have implemented a small shed! There is a shop inside!

:perfect:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

so show me.

You, you I'd encourage to spend more.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

Erenthal posted:

These are the saddest loving things, along with those massive pdfs of ranks and procedures posted way back in the old thread.

The Virgin Diaries

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Answers where they're getting additional funds from.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/745386020976340992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007