Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

"too your far stupider"

Gotta give him credit for using Derek's real name at least

Baby steps commando, baby steps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

The funniest thing about Batgirl is her uninhibited outbursts about how poo poo the game is while she is playing it, followed closely by making hour ling videos that get no hits that take up CIG staff members time to make

So, you're saying she's one of our secret agents? Because You need a Platinum upgrade to read this message?

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Do you think shitizens dare each other to say "Derek Smart" into a mirror 13 times

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't think she's sucking at all actually

:smith:

It's a thing really insecure women do when they know they're having their picture taken and are terrified of looking fat. Much like how crobblers has really obvious makeup contouring to make it look like he has cheekbones whenever he appears on camera.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tuo posted:

I hate everything sweet and love everything salty (my defintion of a pizza is many, many anchovies with whatever is needed under them so they don't fall to the floor). Strangely, the only time I like sweet flavour is when I BBQ. Spare Ribs with a nice cherry rub, smoked for two hours, then simmered in butter, brown sugar, maple sirup and borboun for another two hours. Finally glazed for another 30 minutes with a mix of apple juice and your favourite style BBQ sauce. It's unhealthy as gently caress, but once a year I can't stop myself from cooking it for the family.

But apart from that, I lost any interest in sweet flavour when I had to loose weight couple of years ago. To the point that such a donut plate nearly makes me sick. Then again, I wasn't a sucker for sweets before.

I want to come to your house on rib night, more than I want CIG to either fail or succeed.

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, partly because I haven't posted yet today. Hello all - good morning.

Howdy.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I mean while it is dumb don't be too quick to point fingers, we love ourselves some Crobbler and Shart Shitizen.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

orcinus posted:

He lost it when he was much younger and normal sized.
He nearly lost the other one, but Wing Commander saved him.

This thread should hold group readings of WC books. From what I've seen, they are like Ben's chat archives, but in space.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Palisader posted:

Fake edit: and fresh avocados. I make some baked tilapia? Put some avocado on that poo poo. A nice cold cut sandwich? Only complete with some avocado. A homemade quesadilla? You get the picture.

I would do that, if only I didn't live in the Midwest and only get wrinkled dark green rocks instead of avocados.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

SelenicMartian posted:

He nearly lost the other one, but Wing Commander saved him.

This thread should hold group readings of WC books. From what I've seen, they are like Ben's chat archives, but in space.

A Beexoffel stimperial reading?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Lol Llandre and Spacetoaster have done more to derail this thread than anything Toast has said.

Clearly they must be deep-cover CIG posters. Let the :commissar:ing begin!

I got the torches! Anyone got spare pitchforks? I love me a good heretic burning, I really do.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Semisponge posted:

Do you think shitizens dare each other to say "Derek Smart" into a mirror 13 times

I heard that if you repeat his name 3 times in the mirror he steals all your jpegs. :stonk:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

"So Mrs. Lesnick, about your life insurance claim, "

"Certainly, Mr. did you say your name was Biblioteca? Please, sit down and have a donut..."

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

I hope 2.5 has the long promised parkour in it. I really, really want to see some great star engine parkour

Now the studios are fully up and running real development can start at speed. So the time from a CR incoherent mumbled promise to him angrily claiming it's already in the game should be much reduced. So good news really, since CR has gone silent on parkour it probably will be in 2.5, we just won't realise until a few months later.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Samizdata posted:

I got the torches! Anyone got spare pitchforks? I love me a good heretic burning, I really do.

Guy couldn't be arsed enough to spell my name right. :(

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

intardnation posted:

I think he would be more upset at what lando is doing to his girl.

Naaaaaah, just means less time away from his Slovak WC collection.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Chris Roberts, master of immersion

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

I heard that if you repeat his name 3 times in the mirror he steals all your jpegs. :stonk:

I heard he burns them.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

What always cracks me up, though, is that the holographic projector... plates? (wtf?) have printed labels on them explaining what the hologram ABOVE them, projected into thin air represents.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata posted:

I heard he burns them.

You mean to a CD-Rom? :kiddo:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Sudden urge to perv over Veronica Lake.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Samizdata posted:

"Certainly, Mr. did you say your name was Biblioteca? Please, sit down and have a donut..."
And, upon scrolling past, I couldn't resist...

"If you're in the mood for something sweet..." <winks lasciviously>

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

What always cracks me up, though, is that the holographic projector... plates? (wtf?) have printed labels on them explaining what the hologram ABOVE them, projected into thin air represents.

I love that it takes about what, 4m2, to convey no more information than a loving smartwatch

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I love that it takes about what, 4m2, to convey no more information than a loving smartwatch

It's meant to save PC gaming, not wearable/mobile gaming, duh!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I think you mean Doofus Smeg :smug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Wouldn't you end up with a whole bunch of parallax issues if you just had holograms projected and not set up like a reflex sight? I don't know I never did physics.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hello Star Citizen Thread! I missed you.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

oh James :allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lladre posted:

Guy couldn't be arsed enough to spell my name right. :(

I mean, you're just a shilletic, so what's the need for a name? They all burn the same!

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

Lladre posted:

This made me sad.

Better now?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Toggle switches taller than their guards are also very functional.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

You mean to a CD-Rom? :kiddo:

Down to the ground, I hear. Down to the ground. Warlords aren't much for optical media.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

:slick:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"All they did was form the existing code into a finished package"

You see, computer games code is a lot like modeling clay. First you have to mix it with water and let it get to the right consistency, but then you can basically shape it into whatever you want.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Wouldn't you end up with a whole bunch of parallax issues if you just had holograms projected and not set up like a reflex sight? I don't know I never did physics.

Nah, if they're actual holograms, there are no paralax issues - to your eyes, the lightfield they project is essentially the same as it would be if emitted (/reflected) by an object occupying the same space.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Something a bit different while I avoid actually playing the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRiq2_LmZrs

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

"All they did was form the existing code into a finished package"

You see, computer games code is a lot like modeling clay. First you have to mix it with water and let it get to the right consistency, but then you can basically shape it into whatever you want.

Except you neglected the kiln firing as part of it going gold.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Something a bit different while I avoid actually playing the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRiq2_LmZrs

drat Reddit downvoting apparently kept my comment on that thread from being immortalized in one of your videos. :shrug: :sigh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

drat Reddit downvoting apparently kept my comment on that thread from being immortalized in one of your videos. :shrug: :sigh:

The system works! is stupid

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
The problem with Batgirl, Scott Manley, and the rest of the streamers is that they present an image of Star Citizen which is highly selective. Star Citizen exists in a reality-denying field, everyone talks about what will happen, how ship X or mechanic Y will work. Very few people talk about what exists today and it's relation to other games. The shitizens exist in this happy world of dreams and make-believe. CIG raises money in this happy world too.

As long as the streamers persist in dreaming about the future of Star Citizen, they will continue helping CIG fleece nerds everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

Toggle switches taller than their guards are also very functional.

They're just adapted for the sausage fingered

You know who else hated the differently abled+?? :godwinning:

Thats right, Sandi

• Locked thread