Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You know you can split up your friends into groups, and limit what you share with each? That's how I have so much of my family on Facebook.
Yeah, but it's literally just one person that I don't wanna see it so it's easier to just go custom and exclude her.

Weatherman posted:

Did your boss tell your coworker to insert an eggbeater where I think she said she should?
The boss that wrote that is a dude and it's just the most Corporatese nonsense I've ever seen in relation to my job.

At least he's started stocking the cafeteria again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mu Zeta posted:

I think the accents in Preacher are bad. I knew immediately they weren't American actors.

I didn't, but then again, I'm not from the South.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I circled my favorite one but it's a wall of beaut, your welcome

FIND THE EMAILS. I KNOW THEYVE EMAILED

:allears: Amazing

Absurd Alhazred posted:

FROGTHOOOOORRRR
FROGTHOOOOOORRRR
Banginating the countryside
Banginating the peasants
Banginating all the peoples.
In their thatch-roofed COTTAGGESSS!!!! THEIR THATCH-ROOFED COTTAGGESSSSS!!!

Close. He was Throg.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I think the accents in Preacher are bad. I knew immediately they weren't American actors.

That's just what Irish people sound like.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Also my boss friended me FB and while she isn't dumb, it means that sharing stuff like "The Right to be Lazy" or the Gervais Principle is a, mite complex now. Nyeh. Though they treated people harassing our work FB page about my posting about the Dallas shooting pretty well, i.e. just hiding it after telling them that the company ain't responsible for workers posts.

I just blocked everyone at work on Facebook so none of them can find me. Part of it is that the CFO/co-owner is crazy and loves to snoop on social media and eavesdrop on conversations, and I have no interest in her trying to "investigate" me and my work ethic based on Facebook posts.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Same

I'm 100% sure Bob should have tipped better is a joke but I would love if this guy believes that you should tip before you give out the food

Fathis Munk posted:

Of course they loving love this artifacted image

2:

Postal Parcel posted:

** My favorite thing about Morgan Freeman's quote is that he was factually wrong about there being a Jewish History month. Great Job
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_American_Heritage_Month
(To be fair, it was only ~6 years old by the time this came out)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm 100% sure Bob should have tipped better is a joke but I would love if this guy believes that you should tip before you give out the food

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_American_Heritage_Month
(To be fair, it was only ~6 years old by the time this came out)

Isn't there a cliché that black people don't tip well?

As for the Morgan Freeman thing, I saw your post about it but the quote still has been popping up a helluva lot on imgur recently. It's a pretty dumb quote in general tbh. Yeah sure lets just stop talking about systemic racism and ignore it. I bet that'll make it go away.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I'm out now and even more of a welfare queen. Thanks society!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Morgan Freeman's thing more of a "stop pandering to us and actually do something the make us equal" than a "I don't want black people recognize separately" thing?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Imgur pretty much only upvotes the words of black people if they are talking poo poo about other blacks or reaffirming white people's opinions. (Black History month is bad! Police are good, it's the blacks that won't stop breaking laws! Affirmative action is bad! As a black person, I hate rap!! Ha ha, here's a 200+ image gallery of Black Twitter, which is all (allegedly) black people reaffirming/joking about racist stereotypes! It's okay when a black person does it!)

Nuebot posted:

Just because Imgur stuff has come up again recently, I'd like to point out that this topic on the imgur forums is still going strong.
Wow, interesting, I legit didn't know the forums existed.This dude wrote a great essay here, and he's also an account I've seen a LOT recently calling out racist posts on the site. I'm glad he's still at it, yelling at fuckers. Lately I've seen a lot more "We're not standing for this racist bullshit" comments in general, and yet more and more racist images have been getting through to the front page. But the excuse of "It's just brigading" rings hollow when nobody makes any efforts to stop the brigading, if that actually IS true.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fathis Munk posted:

As for the Morgan Freeman thing, I saw your post about it but the quote still has been popping up a helluva lot on imgur recently. It's a pretty dumb quote in general tbh. Yeah sure lets just stop talking about systemic racism and ignore it. I bet that'll make it go away.

Where all these discussions always lead is that people will suddenly turn and point at Obama: "He started this! There was no racism before Obama started whipping up race-war fever! Now look what he's done to us!"

That's their cover: See, we're not racist, we hate racism, we liked it just fine when we were all one big happy colorblind family before Obama came along and ruined everything, that dirty n——

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
To sum up imgur:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Morgan Freeman's thing more of a "stop pandering to us and actually do something the make us equal" than a "I don't want black people recognize separately" thing?
I'd think that up until he says "stop mentioning race/racism".
And it kind of ignores why BHM began so I can't let him off with that either.

Fathis Munk posted:

There is. I'm assuming the commenter is making a joke about waiters/waitresses assuming that, serving poorly, and still expecting a tip.
Then again, this is imgur so...

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Jul 12, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I circled my favorite one but it's a wall of beaut, your welcome

FIND THE EMAILS. I KNOW THEYVE EMAILED

This is even better if you know that John Miller was Trump's sockpuppet fictional spokesman identity when promoting himself to the press. That post might literally be from Trump

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

gently caress it.

I like to imagine that when you press "hide bad replies" the imgur servers just sort of wheeze and sputter for a few minutes and then refresh your browser with a message saying "replies hidden" and then just show you a blank screen

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

This one's my new fave:

The constant backpedaling, and reassertion makes this a good read.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I would think having 2 people on you would make you struggle just so you can loving breathe.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Maybe... Just maybe... The cop shouldn't be standing over a subdued suspect with a gun at the ready. Maybe.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
http://imgur.com/gallery/q8fNgls

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I stopped going to Imgur as often after someone posted about how Imgur stopped him from going to jail for rape. See, his ex-girlfriend called the cops to say he had raped her at a very specific time, so when the cops showed up he showed them on his phone how he had been browsing Imgur at the very time and couldn't have raped her; their response was "Would you like to press false rape charges?" and the entire community exploded into congratulations and anger at false rape accusers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm joining the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants because I'm so much more evolved than regular humans.

My power is digesting this grain.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

VoidBurger posted:

To sum up imgur:

Jesus christ that image. The outrageously stereotyped asian lady immediately starts karate chopping and the black dude goes straight for the white lady. MINORITIES!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

burexas.irom posted:

Jesus christ that image. The outrageously stereotyped asian lady immediately starts karate chopping and the black dude goes straight for the white lady. MINORITIES!

Kelly does political cartoons for The Onion.

Although this doesn't seem like an original Kelly, no crying Statue of Liberty. :v:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

burexas.irom posted:

Also, the Irish stereotype is right outside of a bar and the "Asian" stereotype is right outside of a laundromat.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I am so glad Imgur is allowed here

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

cash crab posted:

There's no way this isn't an invitation for anonymous gay sex.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

burexas.irom posted:

How is it even possible to not recognize that comic as satire?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
"I can say this without sounding racist, I can say this without sounding racist, I can say this without sounding racist... Ah gently caress."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cash crab posted:

"What sort of rights are being denied?"

"None."

"Okay, what are you having to hold yourselves back from doing?"

"Stuff!"

Incredible.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

cash crab posted:

It's a tiny bit of encouragement away from an actual GTA radio skit (some guy from Chatterbox in GTA 3), it's incredible.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

VoidBurger posted:

Imgur pretty much only upvotes the words of black people if they are talking poo poo about other blacks or reaffirming white people's opinions. (Black History month is bad! Police are good, it's the blacks that won't stop breaking laws! Affirmative action is bad! As a black person, I hate rap!! Ha ha, here's a 200+ image gallery of Black Twitter, which is all (allegedly) black people reaffirming/joking about racist stereotypes! It's okay when a black person does it!)

Wow, interesting, I legit didn't know the forums existed.This dude wrote a great essay here, and he's also an account I've seen a LOT recently calling out racist posts on the site. I'm glad he's still at it, yelling at fuckers. Lately I've seen a lot more "We're not standing for this racist bullshit" comments in general, and yet more and more racist images have been getting through to the front page. But the excuse of "It's just brigading" rings hollow when nobody makes any efforts to stop the brigading, if that actually IS true.

It's great when you read the topic and the mods are like "Well why don't you guys solve the racism problem! We don't know how!" And people are legit saying they're afraid if people start banning racism then black people will rule imgur with their scary black people comedy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

burexas.irom posted:

:holymoley: I thought people who fell for Kelly comics were extinct in the wild

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Aesop Poprock posted:

:holymoley: I thought people who fell for Kelly comics were extinct in the wild

The poster is obviously in captivity... in a cave... on Mars...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
If they crack down on racism and sexism on imgur, the mods and owners will be called fascists and there will be a competing anything-goes image board up within a week. The NSFW rules on imgur almost caused a mutiny like that. That's why imgur wants to keep its lovely "community".

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BJPaskoff posted:

If they crack down on racism and sexism on imgur, the mods and owners will be called fascists and there will be a competing anything-goes image board up within a week. The NSFW rules on imgur almost caused a mutiny like that. That's why imgur wants to keep its lovely "community".

That board already exists though. That's where they imgur people get their stuff.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nuebot posted:

That board already exists though. That's where they imgur people get their stuff.

So, Facebook?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

/r/im14andthisisdeep/ has some nice ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

BJPaskoff posted:

they changed the NSFW rules at some point? Or was that at the same time all those illegal subreddits were going down?