Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

you say this about everyone so it's more of a cya than an honest opinion at this point

nuh-uh wibla owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Bilirubin posted:

Remind me how Blwarrf's departure fits into the saga. IIRC Endie was citing his dismissal as support for the lovely way the direkkktorate was treating people at the time?

The way I remember it:

* Blawrf went AFK IRL, mostly for good reasons (lost weight, got a steady gf, started focusing on school)
* Gets removed from illum because he wasn't actually doing anything (since Esildra had taken over as war commander), no hard feelings, feel free to come back if you start doing poo poo
* Butthurt ensues
* Mean things were said
* Hearts are broken

It's up to you to decide how this fits into the puzzle. Extra credit for comparing/contrasting with Vyst's relatively quiet departure under similar circumstances.

Divine Blob posted:

so i shouldn't fly my guardian until logi 5 or should i just fly it and not expect srp until logi 5?

Guardians are largely safe to fly at logi 4, but you should aspire to logi 5 if you really like spacepriesting.

Scimitars and Oneiroses, otoh, are strictly Logi5 or gtfo. You can't get even remotely close to cap-stable without it. (Even our Logi5 fits don't aspire to complete cap-stability, honestly.)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's kind of hypocritical to talk about one group slinging poo poo while ignoring the instigators whom are the very ones you feel the need to defend. Our directors didn't instigate the verbal attacks on Darius Johnson, they responded to them. The same with Endie as much as I love him, or Kismeteer. The directors didn't nail these people to a cross, they chose to do that entirely on their own, and the shock and dismay that previous friends may have unkind words to say after the fact never seems to have crossed their minds. I mean despite all the dirty laundry aired I like Endie, hell I like Kismeteer, I'd have probably liked DJ if I got to know him, I definitely think he's hilarious. But he's also full of poo poo and threw a tantrum because the current directorate trusted their own guts (Which I personally think they were wrong about too tbh) over what absentee dad was telling them he wanted them to do, because ~reasons~.

And while sure it would be entirely possible to just take the high road and keep quiet about it while your name was dragged through the mud by your once upon a time allies, that is literally the very definition of a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situation. If they didn't fire back and these posts were just shuffled off to the side and ignored your dumb concern troll rear end would be sitting in here going "Lol can't even respond to those accusations huh?"

I hope this helps you understand all that I mean when I say "Shut the gently caress up retard."

if the concern troll label helps you feel better about every person who disagrees with gsf, that's fine. all of this post had a good point until you took these bad parting shots and made an assumption about how i would feel wrt taking the high road

the only thing that got dragged through the mud during any of the endie/dj/etc stuff was THE IMPERIUM space brand and to take it personally is stupid. to see this much animosity about that space brand is hilarious to me

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

You instigate verbal attacks on everyone.

fair i guess

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Divine Blob posted:

so i shouldn't fly my guardian until logi 5 or should i just fly it and not expect srp until logi 5?

If you don't care about losing them fly them, if not fly the oni instead like Morris so aptly pointed out. You want that SRP son, no matter how wealthy you are you should always put in for it if you don't cock up the request. It's what it's there for. Also I've used it once so I'm, as usual, a giant loving hypocrite but there you are.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Wings_SWMud posted:

one of the things that's jumped out at me having, mostly quietly, been in and out and in and out etc of goonfleetwaffeswarm for...christ, what, ten years now? (and even at that not so much as some people, having missed Syndicate, but still) over the last year or so has been every craven shithead with an axe (whether recent or half a decade old) to grind taking to reddit to use the metaphorical me as a talking point for why The Current Generation are Awful and wouldn't everything be so much better if the old goons were in charge except oh they're all in PL etc ad nauseam

but, well, for what little it matters I'm still here, along with plenty of us, would take 1000 FCONs over anyone trying to use me as a talking point, and I doubt I'm the only one

The metaphorical "you" (Joe SA Goon) is most likely unsubbed, has left for greener pastures, or has been driven out and replaced with 15k pubbies poached from fallen allies. But really, are you surprised that ex-members are posting about their drama-magnet former alliance?

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

guardians a cap hog, just don't fly it.

EDIT: Till 5 I mean.

To explain this, a uber tanked perma ab guardian at logi 5 can be cap stable with 1 cap transfer on it. At logi 4 if I'm not mistaken it requires 2 cap transfers (I'm away from my EFT and I haven't flown one in 4 years). This means in a standard logi chain you are a weak link and you require far more effort to be "Effective" than the rest of the logi wing.

EDIT: Again, and so that's why even as a member of the cap chain you were capping out on the reg.

ullerrm posted:

The way I remember it:

* Blawrf went AFK IRL, mostly for good reasons (lost weight, got a steady gf, started focusing on school)
* Gets removed from illum because he wasn't actually doing anything (since Esildra had taken over as war commander), no hard feelings, feel free to come back if you start doing poo poo
* Butthurt ensues
* Mean things were said
* Hearts are broken

It's up to you to decide how this fits into the puzzle. Extra credit for comparing/contrasting with Vyst's relatively quiet departure under similar circumstances.

Guardians are largely safe to fly at logi 4, but you should aspire to logi 5 if you really like spacepriesting.

Scimitars and Oneiroses, otoh, are strictly Logi5 or gtfo. You can't get even remotely close to cap-stable without it. (Even our Logi5 fits don't aspire to complete cap-stability, honestly.)

iVjLZDDc posted:

That'll happen; don't get discouraged. Utility roles are awesome fun and end up teaching you quite a lot because you're forced to be aware of a lot more about what's happening on grid, so you end up learning better than if you'd kept in mainline DPS (or even mainline logi).

Dictor, logi, and properly used ceptors are fun and teaching roles for blob; recon/(solo) logi/EAF are super satisfying for smaller scale.

I'm just going to take this all in as a learning experience.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Morris posted:

someone pasted these in elysium earlier, might just be sion's doing though

http://pastebin.com/4Q9FELC1

thanks friend

Morris posted:

this is like the ensemble number where everyone comes out and airs all of their problems before magically resolving them and maybe there's a wedding

id renew my netflix for this

Morris posted:

don't eat worms silly dogge

bated, not baited, whoops~

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

dodkalm posted:

The very short version: Blawrf turned into an entitled manchild, threatened to leak some ~things~. Misinterpreted something Sion said as a personal threat and started a reddit hate mob after sion

Oh noes, the reddit hatemob, what will we ever do?

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Daco Vato posted:

If you don't care about losing them fly them, if not fly the oni instead like Morris so aptly pointed out. You want that SRP son, no matter how wealthy you are you should always put in for it if you don't cock up the request. It's what it's there for. Also I've used it once so I'm, as usual, a giant loving hypocrite but there you are.

yeah, it's just the train for the oni is probably equal to my logi 5 train so ill just stick with that tbh

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

4th Horseman posted:

You're so full of hate towards gsf in this thread it's hard take anything you say

That's it, just hard to take anything you have to say

Say anything negative towards GSF is full of hatred? I speak the truth as I see it from my perspective.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

besides people rightfully pointing out his recent bad posts, ive only seen the classic 'endie is unstable' posters saying kismeteer sucks. is this another toeing the line episode of GoonSwarm Federation

I like kismeteer AND think endie is kind of a douche

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dont forget remedial and kind of hoegaarden

From what I gathered from Hoe he and Rem got into it pretty well when Rem returned from going awol while Hoe was CEO and started second guessing, making questionable decisions to the detriment of the corp/alliance.

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Divine Blob posted:

The Guardian is a really demanding ship; it's somewhat functional at Logi IV but more consistent at Logi V for reasons described by others above.

The dependence here is where your capacitor skills are at. If you've got the two skills (capacity, regen) to V, then a Guardian on Logi IV is viable with little micromanagement tricks such as staggering your reps.

If you don't stagger reps, you will "alpha" your own cap instead of taking advantage of gradual recharge; let me know if this needs further explanation. Where this gets hairy is when you alpha yourself below peak capacitor recharge and basically become a) hopeless, b) dead weight on the cap chain; always try to stay > ~20%cap or so. As you can see from the graph, the difference between ~10%cap and ~20%cap is - to fit the theme of the thread, apparently - the difference between your ship being on or off its medication. [e:] The other funny thing here is, if you look at the graph again, a cap chain is hypothetically the most functional if everyone keeps their capacitor in the 20-35% range, but then you have very little 'buffer' against hostile neut pressure.

If you've got the cap regen skill to V (takes about a week to train) and Capacitor Management only to IV (V takes around two weeks to train) then it's still doable-ish, but if you're on IV/IV for both cap skills and you're running Logi IV, it's a bit of an exercise in disappointment.

Don't get discouraged, though - if SRP's an issue while the stuff in your queue goes by you can always bring out an Auguror or better yet an Exequror

Final bit I'd add - for blob poo poo I've always preferred Oneiros (the Gallente armour logi, adult version of Exequror). Guardians are baller but It can be nice to focus on your own positioning, vector, and doing fun Gallente-only stuff like putting bonused rep drones on light stuff, rather than being caught in the monkey cage of constantly readjusting cap chains (or not, because people are liable to gently caress up, and then it gets even worse) and missing out on responding to everything else quickly enough in the meantime. I'm guessing you haven't got Gallente Cruiser V, but just throwing out there that it's a nice change of pace too.

iVjLZDDc fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 16, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

kismet no joke was always terrible and I've been saying that publicly for at least 5 years

you hate everyone except maybe endie iirc. but thanks for sharing, friend. i guess when you say publically, you mean on gsf.com? i dont read that so i guess that explains why its a surprise to me that kismeteer is The Next Bad Guy in a list of Bad Guys

sorry for the post delay im getting ready to take a nice drive up the mountains because its a nice day

enjoy

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

nuh-uh wibla owns

aint that the truth

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

luminalflux posted:

aint that the truth

Wibla has always been awesome, don't think anyone is saying otherwise.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
endie doesn't even play anymore why we talking about him

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464336382"]
Say anything negative towards GSF is full of hatred? I speak the truth as I see it from my perspective.

hi please don't dis my space guild

Tiberius
May 3, 2003
I remember this one time in 2011 when Endie tried to fabricate logs to claim I was stealing his spawns when I had been safed up the entire time

it was a pretty hilarious tantrum, something about "messing up the chains of alliance directors"

I am inclined to believe anything bad anyone has to say about Endie after witnessing him turn belt ratting into a power play

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

iVjLZDDc posted:

lots of good info

GSF SRP requires all cap skills to 5 for oneiros as well (edit: but logi cruisers 4 tho)

But I like my Exequror, flying Nightmares in highsec incursions means I get a rash whenever I think about cap chains now

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 16, 2016

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

iVjLZDDc posted:

The Guardian is a really demanding ship; it's somewhat functional at Logi IV but more consistent at Logi V for reasons described by others above.

The dependence here is where your capacitor skills are at. If you've got the two skills (capacity, regen) to V, then a Guardian on Logi IV is viable with little micromanagement tricks such as staggering your reps.

If you don't stagger reps, you will "alpha" your own cap instead of taking advantage of gradual recharge; let me know if this needs further explanation. Where this gets hairy is when you alpha yourself below peak capacitor recharge and basically become a) hopeless, b) dead weight on the cap chain; always try to stay > ~20%cap or so. As you can see from the graph, the difference between ~10%cap and ~20%cap is - to fit the theme of the thread, apparently - the difference between your ship being on or off its medication. [e:] The other funny thing here is, if you look at the graph again, a cap chain is hypothetically the most functional if everyone keeps their capacitor in the 20-35% range, but then you have very little 'buffer' against hostile neut pressure.

If you've got the cap regen skill to V (takes about a week to train) and Capacitor Management only to IV (V takes around two weeks to train) then it's still doable-ish, but if you're on IV/IV for both cap skills and you're running Logi IV, it's a bit of an exercise in disappointment.

Don't get discouraged, though - if SRP's an issue while the stuff in your queue goes by you can always bring out an Auguror or better yet an Exequror

Final bit I'd add - for blob poo poo I've always preferred Oneiros (the Gallente armour logi, adult version of Exequror). Guardians are baller but It can be nice to focus on your own positioning, vector, and doing fun Gallente-only stuff like putting bonused rep drones on light stuff, rather than being caught in the monkey cage of constantly readjusting cap chains (or not, because people are liable to gently caress up, and then it gets even worse) and missing out on responding to everything else quickly enough in the meantime. I'm guessing you haven't got Gallente Cruiser V, but just throwing out there that it's a nice change of pace too.

Yeah, honestly, I hosed up. I trained amarr cruisers 5 first, rather than logi 5. I'm still a little bit confused, because I didn't think I really needed to worry about cap that much.

I probably need a mentor, but I thought the thing you did was someone broadcasts for armor, you use all your reps once on him, then move to the next dude. Would I really run out of cap that way?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
im in endies corp and he still homo

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The latest trend in posting is both incredibly fascinating and absolutely cancerous at the same time. I'm absolutely enthralled by my own demise.

:rip: me

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464336259"]
The metaphorical "you" (Joe SA Goon) is most likely unsubbed, has left for greener pastures, or has been driven out and replaced with 15k pubbies poached from fallen allies. But really, are you surprised that ex-members are posting about their drama-magnet former alliance?

I'm not surprised they're posting about it, just surprised they'd use the old guard as some sort of idol to hold up, especially when said old guard would casually despise them for having the temerity to exist. I guess they don't really know that though.

I mean there are still plenty of us around, we've just mostly come to terms with the fact that the only thing spending $10 really means these days is that you're probably old and stuck with 2.4 kids and/or 2.4 dogs and don't feel the need to make a lot of noise, and that's...ok, in the end?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Divine Blob posted:

I probably need a mentor, but I thought the thing you did was someone broadcasts for armor, you use all your reps once on him, then move to the next dude. Would I really run out of cap that way?

:staredog:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Blazing Zero posted:

if the concern troll label helps you feel better about every person who disagrees with gsf, that's fine. all of this post had a good point until you took these bad parting shots and made an assumption about how i would feel wrt taking the high road

the only thing that got dragged through the mud during any of the endie/dj/etc stuff was THE IMPERIUM space brand and to take it personally is stupid. to see this much animosity about that space brand is hilarious to me

What animosity specifically?

I mean do you really think that the hostility and vexation we're seeing is because "waaaaaaah our friends went to play with someone else", or do you think it's more "hey - these people left us. that's okay. then they were pretty public about being happy that they left us. that kind of hurts. then they (in some cases) actively worked to bring down some of the things we built together as friends. that really hurts."

Based on this thread you could really make a case that we're all on the loving spectrum - and our apparently sociopathic behavior just stems from undiagnosed Asperger's.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

I'm a stupid newbie, please.

I literally have no idea what I'm doing hahaha.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
did goons defeat the fcon scourge??

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Goons died.

Mostly from exposure to PL posting.

What a tragedy.

RIP IN PEAS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464336382"]

how does it feel knowing that people will respond to kismeteer's bait posts, preferentially, over yours

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
trust me, all posting sucks

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

how does it feel knowing that people will respond to kismeteer's bait posts, preferentially, over yours

I asked who he was but I already forgot cause I think he told me.

I think 555 is his area code. Imma doxxx him.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Baculus posted:

please keep the baleful gaze of a fully-operational doxxing laser away from children and pets

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Divine Blob posted:

Yeah, honestly, I hosed up. I trained amarr cruisers 5 first, rather than logi 5. I'm still a little bit confused, because I didn't think I really needed to worry about cap that much.

No one gets ~all my reps~. The primary gets all but one, and the free one is a floater that I either use for "Oh poo poo he gonna die" moments or for repping dumb poo poo like interceptors.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
posting is actually, very good

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

please keep the baleful gaze of a fully-operational doxxing laser away from children and pets

DO NOT LOOK INTO FROGDOXXING LASER WITH REMAINING EYE

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

goninzo posted:

Wait till you get too busy to do work in a video game, you might get purged too.

evilweasel posted:

probably will someday, life will go on without rending of garments and reddit amas and complete meltdowns and I will instead remember my time fondly

I got "purged" on literally the same day that Blawrf, xttz, and Javajunky did and I moved on with my life because I hadn't done much of use in a long time and that's a completely okay way to run a space organization. I don't hate anyone and I found the freakout over the "purges" to be very strange. I still talk to everyone involved and there is no bad blood over my decisions to focus on my career and life instead of a space game and that's good. What I didn't do was go around emptying a bunch of towers or stealing poo poo or posting dumb dirty laundry on Reddit to acquire more space fame.

I have always thought about doing a Reddit AMA but I think the name Padded Helmets is really only known to Goons -- the wider EVE universe never knew who I was because I stayed quietly in the shadows the majority of the time, rather than seeking to personally aggrandize myself and acquire space-fame through posting.

Not that I mean anyone else has done that on purpose, or anything. I would never impute such perfidies, especially not to my respected ex-space colleagues.

:)

4th Horseman posted:

Wat about all the people who were fired but didn't stir poo poo

Hmmm

Wonder why they're not in the limelight

That is curious, isn't it.

bonewitch posted:

the only thing i've learned from the past 517 pages is that becoming space important makes you completely batshit insane

Yeah, whether you go insane or are forced to deal with insane people (and thus question your own judgment daily in a perverse sort of persecution mania) it is not that great.

Bilirubin posted:

Remind me how Blwarrf's departure fits into the saga. IIRC Endie was citing his dismissal as support for the lovely way the direkkktorate was treating people at the time?

This is what I alluded to above. A bunch of stuff happened and various people who hadn't been doing their jobs, or any jobs, were purged from either Illum or TSC. This marked the formal institution of the "you must be doing EVE poo poo to ride this ride" rule for senior leadership, where previously it had only been a half-rule for directors and no rule at all for anyone in the so-called sex chamber. Along with various directors including Javajunky, multiple senior leadership were demoted simultaneously and Blawrf chose to be decidedly unhappy about this.

I happened to be in Paris at the time and got back and was like "oh hey I was purged, didn't you say I could hang around forever?" and Mittens replied, "Times change." (This is a bad World of Warcraft reference for those keeping score at home.) Anyway, I moved on with my life because my space-game chat channels don't actually define my friendships or my real life and I'm sure that because I didn't do dumb poo poo over a space game that I will still be welcome at all the right parties.

This doesn't even get into the stuff about Endie but posting all that stuff will take a lot of effort, especially if I want to keep it concise. I'll work on it.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Baculus posted:

he is a man who vio kicked because they thought he was gonna quit the game and steal from goons (in 2010)

here he is, playing eve in TYOOL 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

What animosity specifically?

I mean do you really think that the hostility and vexation we're seeing is because "waaaaaaah our friends went to play with someone else", or do you think it's more "hey - these people left us. that's okay. then they were pretty public about being happy that they left us. that kind of hurts. then they (in some cases) actively worked to bring down some of the things we built together as friends. that really hurts."

Based on this thread you could really make a case that we're all on the loving spectrum - and our apparently sociopathic behavior just stems from undiagnosed Asperger's.

yeah I mean foehammer is in PL and I still say hi to him whenever I pass, and ask how his wrist is and everything, he's an allright dude.

• Locked thread