Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I think this is more about the state of conservative "comedy" than about racism even though it's horribly racist and offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Augus posted:

can we get a word filter that replaces "thugs" with the n-word?

Athletes who renounce patriotism de facto empower the world's neoliberals. My take:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

GalacticAcid posted:

Athletes who renounce patriotism de facto empower the world's neoliberals. My take:

They should really bring that one back.

That and Zodiac Killer.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How would 'I am using my right of free speech to protest against actions or policies I feel are contrary to the ideals of my country' constitute renouncing patriotism? :psyduck:

There is nothing unpatriotic about suggesting your country should be held to a higher standard.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

How would 'I am using my right of free speech to protest against actions or policies I feel are contrary to the ideals of my country' constitute renouncing patriotism? :psyduck:

There is nothing unpatriotic about suggesting your country should be held to a higher standard.

Patriotism is synonymous with flag worship to Republicans.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there a reason the punchline to every single joke is a clip from a 40 year old comedy?

Fox News clearly know who's watching.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lozzle posted:

They should really bring that one back.

That and Zodiac Killer.

I staunchly disagree on ZK. Every fuckin media loser on twitter had adopted that joke and beat it into the ground.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

GalacticAcid posted:

I staunchly disagree on ZK. Every fuckin media loser on twitter had adopted that joke and beat it into the ground.

Yeah but now I have to actually read Ted Cruz's name and think about his face.

One degree of abstraction does wonders for my mental health.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is this Fox News' attempt to be The Daily Show and failing spectacularly at it?

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

lozzle posted:

Patriotism is synonymous with flag worship to Republicans.

also you have to eat meat and drink beer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is this Fox News' attempt to be The Daily Show and failing spectacularly at it?

Yeah. It's them trying to be light and funny and failing miserably.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I'm intensely uncomfortable

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lozzle posted:

Yeah but now I have to actually read Ted Cruz's name and think about his face.

One degree of abstraction does wonders for my mental health.

Lol fair.

mcmagic posted:

Yeah. It's them trying to be light and funny and failing miserably.

We're white revanchists who hate poor people. Who's ready for knock-knock jokes?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Who is the guy in lozzle and mcmagic's avatar? Anything special? Seems like a punishment avatar.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lamb Chowder posted:

also you have to eat meat and drink beer

it's pretty funny that the conservative view of masculinity revolves around eating meat, drinking beer, watching sports, and shooting guns

ie things you can do using little effort while sitting down and being fat

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

In a shocker Trump supporters don't want disabled untermenschen at their rallies

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Republicans believe in the superficial "I am bragging to everyone about how patriotic I am" kind of patriotism, that's all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Covok posted:

Who is the guy in lozzle and mcmagic's avatar? Anything special? Seems like a punishment avatar.

What am I? Chopped Liver?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Covok posted:

Special Olympian who called out Ann Coulter for saying "retard" in basically every sentence she utters.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Covok posted:

John Franklin Stephens, a Special Olympian who wrote an open letter to Ann Coulter calling her out for using the word "retard" a whole bunch.

edit: goddammit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

Jennifer Mau, who is an undecided voter

Is? Present tense?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Endorph posted:

Is? Present tense?

At the risk of coming off really bad, this says a lot of how loving adamant this election that undecided voters want to stay undecided. Both candidates have high unfavorability, after all.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

straight up brolic posted:

Glenn Beck is woke now it's weird

I saw he had a like baby's first not horrible opinions opinion piece in the NYT, has he had marginally not-bad opinions since then?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Endorph posted:

Is? Present tense?

It makes sense that the daughter is disabled when her mother is retarded.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Moatman posted:

Alexandra Petri is a national treasure.

I'm honestly surprised that no one has made the "Petri dishes out another take on the VP Debate" joke....

But then again, that's why I got my nickname Fozzie

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

At the risk of coming off really bad, this says a lot of how loving adamant this election that undecided voters want to stay undecided. Both candidates have high unfavorability, after all.

"sure, some people said that my disabled daughter was a wretched creature worthy of scorn. but some also said she was beautiful! i'm undecided, i just dont know!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

boner confessor posted:

"sure, some people said that my disabled daughter was a wretched creature worthy of scorn. but some also said she was beautiful! i'm undecided, i just dont know!"

All I'm gonna say is that, if she went to a Hillary rally, no one would have treated her negatively, most likely. Those Trump supporters are a basket of deplorables that need to be thrown into a river.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

boner confessor posted:

The truth must be in the middle.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I imagine a lot of this is people not wanting to say "I will vote for Hitlery Killton, who I have been programmed to believe is the Devil". This seems to be an ongoing theological crisis for a ton of people.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

It's like they're trying to steal the Daily Shows thing where they go out into an unsuspecting community and seriously report on their xenophobia and racism only its the reporter that's the shithead

e;fb

skylined! fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 5, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nessus posted:

I imagine a lot of this is people not wanting to say "I will vote for Hitlery Killton, who I have been programmed to believe is the Devil". This seems to be an ongoing theological crisis for a ton of people.

Well that's their god damned problem and when on Election Day their "Silent Majority" doesn't come through and they lose by 8 points I hope their hearts explode.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gonna throw this out here, how are the future of the Democrats and the Republicans looking? It seems like the democrats might lose congress even more and more no matter what happens, but the republicans have the problem that their main support is elderly and, at the risk of being morbid, maybe not be here in 4 to 8 years and they simply can't get the youth on their side.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well that's their god damned problem and when on Election Day their "Silent Majority" doesn't come through and they lose by 8 points I hope their hearts explode.
Unfortunately it is all of our problems, which is why it behooves us to be gentle with them

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pakled posted:

So, turns out Pam Bondi's not the only state AG reviewing Trump businesses who's received a donation from Trump.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-often-made-donations-to-state-attorneys-general-reviewing-his-business-1475689963

Paywalled. Who're the others beside Bondi and the rear end in a top hat from Texas?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BarbarianElephant posted:

No, there are plenty of European countries that make it very hard to fire, and the result is not that you have to give notice 10 months in advance or be sued. You can quit just fine. You are supposed to work a short notice period, but companies rarely enforce it.

There *is* a negative result in that companies are cautious in hiring so if they aren't sure about you they are likely to say "no" rather than giving you a chance and seeing how you work out.

I'm just being cynical about where such a law would end up in the US.

For fucks sake we have a chain of sandwich shops which was forcing a non-compete agreement on their minimum wage workers until the NY and IL AGs sued them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

skylined! posted:

It's like they're trying to steal the Daily Shows thing where they go out into an unsuspecting community and seriously report on their xenophobia and racism only its the reporter that's the shithead

e;fb

somehow they even got a white hassan minhaj

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Evil Fluffy posted:

Paywalled. Who're the others beside Bondi and the rear end in a top hat from Texas?

If you copy and paste the URL into Google and click the link from there, it lets you see the whole thing.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

SirFozzie posted:

I'm honestly surprised that no one has made the "Petri dishes out another take on the VP Debate" joke....

But then again, that's why I got my nickname Fozzie

I didn't know we had a Kaine speechwriter on the forums.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Night10194 posted:

Criticism of the country implies it isn't already perfect and the greatest country to ever exist, ergo anyone doing so hates America down to the last slice of apple pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

boner confessor posted:

false alarm

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/783753676770963456

it's clear the choice is so-called, not pence. easily can be read as "pence was so obviously the best he wasn't even a choice"

Trump is literally Selina Meyer from VEEP.

"Look at Mike Pence! Everybody loves him! Isn't he a great choice that I made? Everybody is saying that it was a really good job of me to choose Mike Pence."

• Locked thread