Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
So, does the Clinton campaign just start showing open contempt for Trump and start airing anti-Pence ads? Acting like Trump is effectively a nothing person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Incoming mass of tweets from PPP.
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/784565322397446144
https://twitter.com/JeanneDuffy/status/784565751898341376
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/784566406654353408
https://twitter.com/ChadEllis41/status/784566878089973762
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/784567820688433152
https://twitter.com/jphilipbaker/status/784569116480897028
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/784569893995806720
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/784570547443208192
If/When you quote it, please take the tweets out. Thanks :)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

Because she was speaking to Jews. That's it. They consider that inherently bad.

Ok I'll admit that went over my head. Well wasn't expecting Assange to go full Nazi but good to know that he also is that beyond being a randoid agent of Putin.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 8, 2016

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If Trump drops out or refuses to do the debates does that mean he has to grab himself?

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
I physically couldn't stop myself from doing a slight jig as I walked this morning

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

trash person posted:

*house catches fire, watches it burn down*

'This sure is an interesting predicament!'

Is this him or his twitter team?

Coheed and Camembert posted:

We still have one more month of oppo research

That's my favorite part of this. This is just some lovely celebrity news interview and some guy had a lightbulb moment about something in his b-roll. Every single show he's been on is digging through everything they have right now.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 8, 2016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

63% of white women vote Democratic, with 73% turnout, and Texas flips.

With no other alterations from Obama/Romney.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty dizzy. Should I just read these posts or what the gently caress? Can I just sit down somewhere? Are we going to win all 50 states?

Not all 50, but I think Hillary can flip states up to and including Alaska, and the house is probably in play.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

How do you think Hillary Clinton feels right now, having worked her whole life toward decapitating the Republican Party forever?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Incoming mass of tweets from PPP.

"Do you have polling to support this?" lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/philiprucker/status/784801712116736001

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

mdemone posted:

How do you think Hillary Clinton feels right now, having worked her whole life toward decapitating the Republican Party forever?

That there can be only one.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Is there some way we can ensure that I never see the like of Bachman, Coulter, Palin, Stone, Giuliani, Ailes, etc. or any of these ilk ever again. Like can the Republican Party literally do a purge of non-elected and former pundits, politicians, and personalities, keep them from :foxnews: and separate them from the Fundie Money speaking circuit. Have Priebus tell them to all "go starve in the wilderness in exile". What can we do to make this happen?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Squirm, Yertel, you loving bastard.

Piece of poo poo provoked a minor constitutional crisis over the bet he could get away with it with the supreme court. I hope he loses his dream job and that this hurts him badly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/784540066488147968

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

What's this guy's deal in the GOP again?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKYmiWiNqOw

You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Trump's talk was on Access Hollywood, where such locker room speech belongs. Obama disrespected a library!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pastrymancy posted:

He's the pundit who characterized Trump supporters as lonely single men who masturbate to anime.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Is there some way we can ensure that I never see the like of Bachman, Coulter, Palin, Stone, Giuliani, Ailes, etc. or any of these ilk ever again. Like can the Republican Party literally do a purge of non-elected and former pundits, politicians, and personalities, keep them from :foxnews: and separate them from the Fundie Money speaking circuit. Have Priebus tell them to all "go starve in the wilderness in exile". What can we do to make this happen?

Lol they're going to be pulling massive ratings on the Trump Television News for the next few years.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Pastrymancy posted:

He was that GOP strategist who went "Trump supporters are a bunch of childless single men who masturbate to anime" during primaries, and has been #nevertrump all the way, I think.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

boner confessor posted:

the problem with this is the small faction of die hard trump supporters. the gop establishment will need to be very careful not to split them off from the party by dumping on trump because a lot of these folks love trump more than the party

Or they can grow a spine, accept that 2016 is lost and purposefully fracture the party to eject the deplorables.

... yeah that will never happen.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Squirm, Yertel, you loving bastard.

Piece of poo poo provoked a minor constitutional crisis over the bet he could get away with it with the supreme court. I hope he loses his dream job and that this hurts him badly.

Please don't associate the coolest turtle with McConnell.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
Sean Hannity appears to be comparing trump favorably to King David and his 500 concubines now on his show

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pastrymancy posted:

Big media guy, #NeverTrumper, supports Evan McMuffin. Also very crass, hilarious, and sadly one of the people who will end up looking at the dems at the end of this and go, "Yeah, time to hate each other again."

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

Please don't associate the coolest turtle with McConnell.

Psst, Yertle was supposed to represent Hitler.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jygallax posted:

Sean Hannity appears to be comparing trump favorably to King David and his 500 concubines now on his show

Really when you compare trump to histories greatest rapists he's small change.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sorus posted:

Or they can grow a spine, accept that 2016 is lost and purposefully fracture the party to eject the deplorables.

... yeah that will never happen.

we're talking about a party which had a chance to eject the deplorables in 2008 and do hispanic outreach to rebuild their brand, and failed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if the gop dumped the racist xenophobes they'd never win a national election ever again. there's a reason they implemented the southern strategy - if they hadn't the last republican president would've been ike.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Secretary Clinton is the HIll the GOP dies on.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet Trump doesn't even turn his hotels into murder-rape lodges like H.H Holmes

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

63% of white women vote Democratic, with 73% turnout, and Texas flips.

With no other alterations from Obama/Romney.

According to the PPP Poll from texas during Donald Trump's No Good Very Bad August, when hillary was leading nationally by 7 points on RCP, Texas women, regardless of race, favored Hillary 43/33.

November 8th is going to be a very interesting evening.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

White women vote Hillary 55% with 65% turnout, Hispanics vote 80% Dem with 50% turnout, and Texas flips.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So with this election is it safe to say that satire is dead? I mean gently caress how do you parody this time line we're in?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Reminder that this happened in the primary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHcD5-TGHvY

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

I love how even his replies are having none of it. Everyone is saying "nope, he's yours, own it".

boner confessor posted:

the problem with this is the small faction of die hard trump supporters. the gop establishment will need to be very careful not to split them off from the party by dumping on trump because a lot of these folks love trump more than the party

It's not even a small faction, that's the entire thing. I keep beating this drum but Trump actually won by a huge margin, given how crowded the field was, especially during the early races. Only Cruz came within striking distance - everyone else was crushed and possibly had their political careers derailed by him (hi Marco). Trump's "base" is at least half of the Republican primary voting bloc - perhaps more, depending on how many Cruz supporters ended up being okay with Trump.

The GOP doesn't have a small factional problem, it has an enormous one. Nobody cares about "conservatism" anymore, assuming it even means anything. GOP voters are motivated pretty much solely by tribalism and misanthropy, and Trump mainstreamed that and made it okay to outright admit it. Re-bottling that genie is going to take a lot of work, and work that is probably beyond the GOP leadership.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Bushiz posted:

Act like Clinton's major fuckup around nancy's death was, in fact, her playing 11th dimensional chess to dunk on a dead woman.

Clinton, being known for major verbal gaffes, commits another one after Nancy's death. This is why her primary opponents had so many different gaffes from her public life they attack her with, and weren't forced to constantly reuse the Superpredator statement from two decades prior that wasn't considered particularly controversial at the time.

Correct For The Record: One can admit she did a good/smart/talented thing and still dislike her. This isn't contagious like her pneumonia (or metastasizing like her seizure inducing brain cancer), where once a good act has been acknowledged you wake up in the morning with froth on your lips, muttering about Bernie Bros and thrown chairs.

Crowsbeak posted:

I don't see what you are getting at here. I want to know why Wikileaks thinks its controversial for Clinton to be telling the truth about Saudi Arabia.

Because they donated to the Clinton Foundation. It's a little known fact that if you donate money to an organization, that organization now condones everything about you, and is in thrall to your agenda.

It's basically an article of faith for the Greenwaldian Left that donations were made the Clinton Foundation to curry favor and buy access, leading to favorable actions and results by her on their behalf. When there is tension between having bought this favor and her public statements, that's resolved by coming down on the side of purchased favor, even when the "pro quo" side of the equation is nonexistent not publicly visible.

The Wikileaks implication here is "If she thinks they're so bad, why'd she take their money? Because she doesn't think they're that bad and she's pandering to the Jews"

Bip Roberts posted:

Yeah, for some reason people criticize Clinton for generating justification for republicans to escape Trump like it's a thing that can happen without repercussion.

She should have attacked candidates and driven the wedge into the party when nobody was paying attention, so that unendorsements and a party schism were big news in August and not October. Look at the armchair West Wing wannabes up in here. You make your opponent's party appear to be in disarray in August because that's what voters will remember when they go to the polls in three months. You don't wait for October when voters are paying attention and your opposition has to scramble to respond. Buncha amateurs.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here's a question for y'all - let's say you're Hillary Clinton's debate coach. How would you advise her to handle Trump in the next debate? How would you advise her to respond if Trump starts throwing out the accusations against her and her husband that he mentioned in last night's "apology" video?

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Anyone know why I can't embed tweets, just the url?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Sensible Thursday posted:

Psst, Yertle was supposed to represent Hitler.

Wait, I thought Yertle was the only turtle that said 'I won't be a part of this' and through his actions brought the entire system crashing down.

poo poo just read the wikipedia, Yertle was the king. It's been a long time since I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So with this election is it safe to say that satire is dead? I mean gently caress how do you parody this time line we're in?

Things can always get worse

• Locked thread