Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

This might be a dumb as gently caress question but is there any way the Clinton campaign could be coordinating these drops? Even if it's just someone saying "Oh hey I wonder what's in the howard stern tapes of Trump" or whatever? There is no way everyone is just randomly finding this poo poo at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Crazy Ted posted:

Monday. Do it at the start of the week.

Monday's a holiday.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Night10194 posted:

With the caveat that the Clinton camp didn't release this current bombshell, and so a journalist might just do it on their own.

Oh, sure, if a journalist has it, all bets are off.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I still think it's bizarre that after everything that's happened so far that this is the watershed moment in this election.

I know for sure that talk radio on Tuesday is just going to be more of the same. Blaming the media and kicking the dead horses of Benghazi and email servers for the millionth time. I guess the GOPe just got tired of holding their nose?

I suspect it's a dam breaking thing. As someone said, a lot of GOP lower level guys hate Trump, have always hated Trump, and never wanted Trump. Now they have an opportunity and they want to loving pounce.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
This thread is insane, just managed to catch up.. I don't think anyone caught this bit in the NYT article posted a day or so ago (they're so hard to keep up with):

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-groper-in-chief.html?smid=tw-share

quote:

Harth says that she worried about being raped by a man who weighed twice as much as she did, and at one point she vomited as a defense mechanism.

USPol Oct: vomited as a defense mechanism

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

So who is Trump going to pick as his new VP when Pence ditches him to become the new savior of the Republican establishment?

Somewhere in New Jersey, Chris Christie is still waiting anxiously by his cell phone. Any minute now. Any minute.

Reek, Reek, it rhymes with...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

On Terra Firma posted:

This might be a dumb as gently caress question but is there any way the Clinton campaign could be coordinating these drops? Even if it's just someone saying "Oh hey I wonder what's in the howard stern tapes of Trump" or whatever? There is no way everyone is just randomly finding this poo poo at the same time.
After the tape came out, every producer on earth started going through old footage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

After the tape came out, every producer on earth started going through old footage.

Yeah, I suspect this is a case of people REALLY buckling down to find the Real Big Tape That Matters.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's what I've been thinking but I have to imagine the Clinton camp has even more than what they can dig up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/784748184191066112

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

On Terra Firma posted:

The reason it was released at the same time as the Wikileaks thing was because Wikileaks is weirdly in the tank for Trump, for god knows what reason, and they released it immediately afterwards hoping it would be distracting enough to nullify the Trump tape (it wasn't even close).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

On Terra Firma posted:

The "grab em by the pussy" tape was probably the Clinton campaign, as was the 1995 tax record. Other stuff is studios who own these tapes realizing "holy poo poo we probably have some gold in here."

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

berserker posted:

I mean how could anyone possibly think Pence being thrust into the top of the ticket after having not even been in the primaries at all is a good idea?

I think it's more likely that Trump refuses to step down and Pence leaves to campaign for downticket races. That best furthers Pence's career because he can come out of this looking "principled" and be a favorite for 2020.

If Trump leaves and Pence gets promoted to Presidential candidate then a lot of Pence's awfulness gets exposed, Trump's base won't support him and he will lose in a landslide.

Really the best thing for the GOP would be to sever entirely with Trump and focus on damage control and salvaging downticket races, but they're hosed either way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

All he has to say is six words: "This election is rigged. Don't vote."

After that, the GOP (and quite possibly the nation) will be toast.

I'd like to know how that parts gonna happen.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Stereotype posted:

The reason it was released at the same time as the Wikileaks thing was because Wikileaks is weirdly in the tank for Trump, for god knows what reason, and they released it immediately afterwards hoping it would be distracting enough to nullify the Trump tape (it wasn't even close).

Assange blames Hillary for the rape charges against him and is trying to sink her out of spite.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/TedNesi/status/784855602296156161

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nine-gear crow posted:

Somewhere in New Jersey, Chris Christie is still waiting anxiously by his cell phone. Any minute now. Any minute.

Reek, Reek, it rhymes with...

...Leak. :getin:

Edit: gently caress you new phone autocorrect not knowing SA emojis

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 8, 2016

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kavak posted:

Assange blames Hillary for the rape charges against him and is trying to sink her out of spite.

Rapists have to stick together I guess.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So the actual best option might be Trump telling his cohorts to vote for him alone and no other "down ticket" republican. Solely so that he can "show them" how it's done.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Canvassed in West Philly today. Hahah people there are pretty fired up about voting.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've noticed CNN hired Andrew Kaczynski who has been the top Trump digger on Buzzfeed

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

There's got to be a better way to word that.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I literally just saw a commercial for Trump (paid for by the NRA) featuring a woman recalling an encounter where someone pulled a knife on her and she pulled out her gun and shot him.

She then goes on to say Hillary is gonna take our guns and then...wait for it...women have the right to defend themselves with a gun and Donald Trump supports that right. The irony of this commercial juxtaposed with footage of him basically condoning sexual assault against women is just too much for me.

:irony:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

On Terra Firma posted:

Clinton dropped some stuff, that led to increased attention, which led to people digging through their backlogs about a man that has been in the public eye for 40 years. Take these tapes. They were found because the guy was reminded about them because of all the Miss Universe stuff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The best thing that could happen would be the GOP to disavow Trump and his supporters. The fall out will be glorious.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

McCain's out.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pleaseeeeeeeeee let the GOP collapse from this please please please please please.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Pakled posted:

The "grab em by the pussy" tape was probably the Clinton campaign, as was the 1995 tax record. Other stuff is studios who own these tapes realizing "holy poo poo we probably have some gold in here."

Grab em by the pussy was from a studio realizing "oh poo poo we probably have some big gold in our tapes" after the shitstorm Trump had with Alica Machado and someone then leaking the tape to Washington Post.

So I don't think we have had any actual oppo drops from the Clinton campaign since the first debate....which probably means that whatever they still have, is worse than what Access Hollywood found.

:getin:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Metaphor, thy name is this tweet.

I'm not gonna lie, I feel a tremendous amount of sympathy for Ivanka. :smith:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The big thing is the endorsements is it possible he'd lose endorsements like from the National Police Union.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

So the actual best option might be Trump telling his cohorts to vote for him alone and no other "down ticket" republican. Solely so that he can "show them" how it's done.

Yeah that would be the best outcome for the Dems, Trump decides if the GOP won't support him he'll burn it all down, encourages supporters to spite establishment and media and not vote for establishment Republicans. Dems gain control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency as the GOP votes split between Trump, Johnson, and write-ins.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Antti posted:

At this point Trump is so toast I wouldn't release anything like that if I were Clinton. Not only would it be horrifying to spread something like that from her personal history into the public eye, at least without her consent, you could get blowback.

The House is currently in play, ALL cards should be on the table.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Oh sweet beautiful jesus how I hope someone asks Trump about how the RNC has responded to this at the debate tomorrow and he goes full hatefuck and takes the garbage pile down with him to whatever sewer they all belong in. I want to see him trip his poo poo about how he's going to tell all of his wretched supporters to send a message to the traitorous establishment and not vote for them and to heckle them at their rallies and public appearances. Oh what a day, what a lovely day

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Exposure posted:

Grab em by the pussy was from a studio realizing "oh poo poo we probably have some big gold in our tapes" after the shitstorm Trump had with Alica Machado and someone then leaking the tape to Washington Post.

So I don't think we have had any actual oppo drops from the Clinton campaign since the first debate....which probably means that whatever they still have, is worse than what Access Hollywood found.

:getin:

Didn't both Access Hollywood and NBC have the pussy grabbin' tape since earlier in the week and were going to release stories, but there was an anonymous leak that gave it to another source?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

canepazzo posted:

McCain's out.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Hollismason posted:

The best thing that could happen would be the GOP to disavow Trump and his supporters. The fall out will be glorious.
Actually the best thing would be Trump telling his supporters to skip voting altogether so we can get at least a Dem-controlled Senate if not House.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Oh god someone order some Arizona polls now.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The writing is fully on the wall that Trump is out (poo poo go read the last 24h of Robert Costa), only question remaining is really how the GOP is going to play this out and how many house/senate seats they can salvage.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bunch of shitbags cheering for Trump as he walks out of his Tower right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
John McCain officially pulls his endorsement. States neither him nor his wife will be voting for Trump.

Loving this weekend

• Locked thread