Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Thinking back a couple of days, it really is amazing all of the poo poo that broke on Friday:

Guliani's daughter coming out in favor of Hillary
Trump still thinks the Central Park 5 are guilty
News on a large Trump ad cancellation broke
Grab her by the pussy
Russia lodges a UN complaint in order to support Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

My father clarified that it was full blown AIDS " Not what Magic Johnson has he just has HIV".

There are a few people who get diagnosed decades after having the disease whose immune function never really recovers despite HAART, but honestly the difference these days is mostly just whether you take your goddamned medicine. A lot of regimens are one pill once a day now too. In terms of life inconvenience, type one diabetes is probably worse. Versus Ebola? Give me "full blown AIDS" any day.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All this Trump polling collapse you guys, and we're still not sure of the full effects of the biggest most data driven ground game operation in history.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

With Ebola don't you hemorrhage from the inside out?

I think I'd still pick AIDS.

Not always from the inside out. Sometimes you just end up bleeding out from your eyeballs.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Crazy Ted posted:

Russia lodges a UN complaint in order to support Donald Trump

This is new to me. What?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

greatn posted:

All this Trump polling collapse you guys, and we're still not sure of the full effects of the biggest most data driven ground game operation in history.

400 EVs has to be at least a 50/50 shot at this point.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
so since every line of attack that trump has made against clinton has been something that trump is doing.

what does that mean about all the killary clinton stuff? :tinfoil:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

greatn posted:

Well, yeah, obviously Trump's ground game is a huge advantage but I'm not sure it could make up for this polling collapse.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

My father clarified that it was full blown AIDS " Not what Magic Johnson has he just has HIV".
In that case:

OxySnake posted:

Id rather go for Ebola. It might hurt initially but with 1st world care, and ealry diagnosis the mortality rate is incredibly low.
Same, Ebola's hell but at least there's some sort of survival rate and a cure.

It's funny how every single "lol there's no choice, they're both the same" analogy ends up falling apart when you start looking at the differences between two supposedly similar things. Other goons have given good arguments as to why AIDS would be a better choice over Ebola.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 9, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eifert Posting posted:

The rhetoric about what happened to the Republicans after this election will definitely be more "play stupid games win stupid prizes" and way less about honest introspection about their relationship with voters.

This already happened after the 2012 election when the GOPe did some soul-searching, came up with some half-hearted recommendations for changing course, then completely and utterly failed to do anything about it and just immediately doubled-down on the old white male demographic and voter ID suppression tactics; all they did is go "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" as they collectively buried their heads in the sand like figurative ostriches, leading directly to the Trumpster fire we're witnessing now.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

BigRed0427 posted:

This is new to me. What?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/161afebf5804419b93f7c6306d438cc1/apnewsbreak-un-criticism-trump-prompts-russian-response

Basically it seems some Top UN officials made statements against the rise of authoritarianism and made allusions to Russia being a sponsor of it.

Russia filed a complaint about that.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/785205299619753985

Best loving headline ever. Time to start pre-gaming.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Reality is seriously eating The Onion's lunch right now, because God drat if truth ain't stranger than fiction.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

November 9th is going to look like that scene from Goodfellas when the cops start finding the bodies of all the guys involved int he heist that wen't wrong.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The first paragraph is brutal

quote:

ST. LOUIS — Donald Trump trashed his wife and suggested his father was involved in John F. Kennedy’s assassination, but Texas Sen. Ted Cruz still endorsed him. Trump mocked his cotton mouth and slight stature, but Florida Sen. Marco Rubio still got in line. Trump turned his mentor and former running mate Mitt Romney into a personal whipping post, but House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.) still hopped aboard the Trump train.

EDIT:

quote:

“We knew that no one who has gotten involved with Donald Trump in his personal life, in his professional life or in his political life has come out of that for the better. No one,” he added. “So why any of our aspiring political leaders thought that they could survive being associated with him and grow from that is beyond me.”

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 9, 2016

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

With Ebola don't you hemorrhage from the inside out?

I think I'd still pick AIDS.

If I remember my HIV/AIDS lecture correctly, most people that die from AIDS die from complications from pneumonia. They basically slowly suffocate to death.

Like the Trump campaign. :v:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

What are the odds that an "n-word" tape actually exists and is going to be released?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Another longtime Republican paper shirks Trump
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/editorials/2016/10/09/1-editorial-for-president-trump-unfit-clinton-is-qualified.html
The Colombus Dispatch hasn't endorsed a Democrat for president since 1916.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crows Turn Off posted:

What are the odds that an "n-word" tape actually exists and is going to be released?

Actually exists: 100%
Going to be released: I dunno, 50% maybe?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crows Turn Off posted:

Odds that it exists? Pretty high. Likelihood it gets released? Looking low.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

fishmech posted:

It's highly unlikely that the rich dude not-so-subtly asking for millions to release the tape would get "sued into oblivion" by orange Hitler. Obviously part of the money he's asking for is to take care of legal issues. It's a very smart move for him.

It isn't unlikely that Trump or others would sue anyone. He sued a person for $5 billion for suggesting he wasn't worth $5 billion. Racking up damages to a presidential campaign worth tens of millions to the tune of $5 million would be trivial. It isn't unlikely that Burnett would sue someone who damaged the reputation of a former client. Of course violating a NDA with such momentous public consequences is likely to affect this guys employability/marketability.

Further, stop loving ascribing shameful motives to everyone who you disagree with on a message board before denying ever doing it; it's petty and infantile. You're more like Trump than unlike him.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Crows Turn Off posted:

%99.9 and %50, probably.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Speaking of ol' Spineless Paul:

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/785205222880735232

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

PT6A posted:

I'd rather HIV than Ebola as HIV can be treated/managed, and it doesn't kill you very fast compared to Ebola. Easy choice.

See I'd really go the opposite. Ebola seems pretty treatable in modern hospitals.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shifty Pony posted:

Hillary is going to roll out a pallet of mines each with a photo of various GOP leaders on them and spend the debate shouting things like "Paul Ryan says you are a loser!" from behind a blast wall.

We're living in a Looney Tunes cartoon now, and Trump is the Daffy Duck constantly getting clowned on by Hillary's Bugs Bunny.

"Rabbit season! Duck season! Rabbit season! Rabbit season!

Duck season! FIRE!
" - Donald Trump (likely) at the debate tonight, hoisted by his own petard.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You take a loving video, put it on a loving thumbdrive, and hand it to a loving newspaper reporter. They will protect their sources.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Exists - high. Will be released - low.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A part of me wonders what happens if Hillary completely flubs the debate tonight. How the hell does anyone handle that?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Who the gently caress are you even talking about, then? Because that is literally the only guy who has been posted in this thread asking about getting the fee paid and who also happens to be a producer. I even, against my better judgement, re-read your posts and you have yet to actually name anyone specifically.

If you're going to attempt to discuss this issue, at least make it clear who you're even talking about.

Seriously fishmech, I just want to know who specifically you were talking about so I can actually engage in a meaningful conversation.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Furnaceface posted:

If I remember my HIV/AIDS lecture correctly, most people that die from AIDS die from complications from pneumonia. They basically slowly suffocate to death.

Like the Trump campaign. :v:

I live in Oregon so death with dignity is a legal option for me. That may color my opinion some.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Dad says " Hillary is Ebola , Trump is AIDs". Hope that helps.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lamb Chowder posted:

Of course violating a NDA with such momentous public consequences is likely to affect this guys employability/marketability.

This is the important bit wrt the NDA. It's not the money but the fact that showing the industry you work in how little you honor your contracts is a bad idea. Speaking of which I think one of the greater factors that will lead to Trumps business downfall post election is the fact that his strategy of "break contract to fix the budget" is going to prevent even more people from working with him. Or people will force him to pay up front.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

GarudaPrime posted:

We live in a moment of history where it is probably irresponsible to let 8-12 year old children watch a US presidential debate.

Mindblowing to think about. :eyepop:

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me wonders what happens if Hillary completely flubs the debate tonight. How the hell does anyone handle that?

There was an article yesterday with her advisers talking about how she tends to play it too safe and screw up when she has a huge lead like this. It's definitely crossed people's minds.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Josef bugman posted:

It's weird that I keep getting confused between New Zealand and South African. They have such different political poo poo and such similar accents.

For English-speaking white South Africans, yeah, this happens a lot.

Of course, we're like less than 5% of the country's population, so ponder that for a minute in terms of representation.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Dad says " Hillary is Ebola , Trump is AIDs". Hope that helps.

So Hilary is treatable and Trump is a slow suffocating death.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

GarudaPrime posted:

We live in a moment of history where it is probably irresponsible to let 8-12 year old children watch a US presidential debate.
We live in a moment where a twice-divorced New York real estate developer with no political experience was one of the final two standing in the loving presidential election.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

greatn posted:

You take a loving video, put it on a loving thumbdrive, and hand it to a loving newspaper reporter. They will protect their sources.

Unless you're The New York Post (I think that's the correct paper. Might be New York Times?) then they take your story, publish it, get mad credit for publishing it and then call for your indictment. Just like they did for Snowden.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Lead out in cuffs posted:

For English-speaking white South Africans, yeah, this happens a lot.

Of course, we're like less than 5% of the country's population, so ponder that for a minute in terms of representation.

Is it ever tempting to claim to be Kiwi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Scorchy posted:

There was an article yesterday with her advisers talking about how she tends to play it too safe and screw up when she has a huge lead like this. It's definitely crossed people's minds.

On the other hand a passive Hillary would leave Trump with that greatest lie of all, which is hope. :kheldragar:

• Locked thread