Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Shep's finest moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzV8wrnLfS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lozzle posted:

Even if that happened (it won't) it would only affect the Southern states that are already thoroughly hosed so who cares.

Because we're currently in one of those, tbf (though it's NC, which was at least leaning blue when we got here in '05, then BOOM, so I think it might flip back to be honest and I've said that for like, 6 months).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

She can't ATM, her and Bill are splitting a basket of cheesy biscuits

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Don't know if this has been posted already, but this is an amazing Twitter thread from a (now formerly?) Republican woman. Where does the GOP even loving go post-Trump?

https://twitter.com/MBGlenn/status/785641127604916224

It's cool that more and more people are realizing how horrible Trump is, but it's hard not to have some amount of contempt for anyone who needed Donald loving Trump to be their wakeup call. Especially if they fall back on someone like Evan McMullin instead of realizing that their support of a party willing to cater to a completely toxic ideology is what got us here in the first place.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chokes McGee posted:

She can't ATM, her and Bill are splitting a basket of cheesy biscuits

Those biscuits are the only redeeming feature of Red Lobster.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The cheddar biscuits are fire

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

So I've just had to explain to my irate parents what exactly oppo is, why it's called an October Surprise, and why it's not Hillary's fault that Trump's primary opponents were too loving lazy to dig this crap up on their own.

"I'm just wondering why they didn't release this as soon as they got it."

"WELCOME TO POLITICS!"

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

America.

Arzying Dad Update: Now that he can't realistically worry about the election, his latest thing is buying into the speculation that Trump, Breitbart, and The Deplorables will try to form a third party with some sort of media empire. Poor, poor guy just can't stop pearl-clutching.

I feel you. The last 6 months I've been daily emailing my mom selected stories about how Trump can't/probably won't win because I actually get kinda worried about her health as she flips out so much about politics watching cable news all day.

You could tell your dad Trump is way too broke to start much of a media empire so I wouldn't worry about his post-election youtube channel. Though I actually hope he starts some kinda half assed media presence to add to the GOP chaos.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Paradoxish posted:

It's cool that more and more people are realizing how horrible Trump is, but it's hard not to have some amount of contempt for anyone who needed Donald loving Trump to be their wakeup call. Especially if they fall back on someone like Evan McMullin instead of realizing that their support of a party willing to cater to a completely toxic ideology is what got us here in the first place.

The other people in that thread are the best. "Yeah, Donald Trump is bad but the left called me racist and xenophobic for supporting Republicans so they're worse!!"

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

SamuraiFoochs posted:

America.

Arzying Dad Update: Now that he can't realistically worry about the election, his latest thing is buying into the speculation that Trump, Breitbart, and The Deplorables will try to form a third party with some sort of media empire. Poor, poor guy just can't stop pearl-clutching.

If there's one thing that will guarantee a Democratic majority in the House come 2018 it's this so tell him to hope they do exactly this

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Guy A. Person posted:

Because she's talking about sex! That's why liberals hate the Trump video!

*someone whispers offscreen*

Wait, what the gently caress is "consent"?

Holy poo poo, that's actually terrifying. The issue isn't that he said "gently caress" or that he was talking about sex, the issue is that he was talking about doing things to women without their consent. I thought that was obvious to everybody, I guess that was just wishful thinking.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

citybeatnik posted:

So I've just had to explain to my irate parents what exactly oppo is, why it's called an October Surprise, and why it's not Hillary's fault that Trump's primary opponents were too loving lazy to dig this crap up on their own.

"WELCOME TO POLITICS!"

It wasn't even Hillary's camp that had it, it was random people at Access Hollywood

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I tried, but he's afraid they'll be "The Tea Party but better organized." He basically thinks that they'll cause chaos by winning a lot of lower/local stuff and just stir poo poo with all their racist, gun-toting, homophobic, xenophobic madness. He certainly didn't think they'd win anything major but that they'd be able to do enough damage lower down.
Except the lower/local stuff is gerrymandered out the rear end, and the Trump people are currently alienating or actively working against the locals. Downticket abstention seems to be the punishment of choice for the Trupettes. Trump wants to win BIGLY, not these middling state level offices; he doesn't have the focus or patience and will wander away. Any damage they're intent on doing seems likely to throw things to the democrats.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks, I just sort of assumed anyone on Fox is inherently evil but haven't watched TV in many a year :v:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
(like 300 posts back, holy poo poo)

Yoshifan823 posted:

This is magical.
Yeah, the conversation I had with him about gay marriage was magical.

I can't even characterize it. It was like he was having a fit and just trying to convince me... Something terrible and undefined... would happen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySlippers posted:

I feel you. The last 6 months I've been daily emailing my mom selected stories about how Trump can't/probably won't win because I actually get kinda worried about her health as she flips out so much about politics watching cable news all day.

This is literally my Dad but I live with him so I get it CONSTANTLY and it is simultaneously sad/makes me sympathetic for him and makes me want to strangle him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

It wasn't even Hillary's camp that had it, it was random people at Access Hollywood

They went looking for it because of his fight with Machado and Access Hollywood was like 'Hey, we used to have Trump on a lot, maybe he said some stupid poo poo and we can get some publicity if we find it'.

Which is a reason the first debate's crushing win was so important. It made him melt down again and made it good for the media to go in on 'TRUMP CRAZY' stories and sent people scurrying for more TRUMP CRAZY.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

ALL PART OF THE VAST CLINTON CONSPIRACY! THEY WANTED HIM TO WIN THE PRIMARIES!

Well no poo poo of course they do, they'd want the weakest opponent.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Don't forget that the DNC was hacked and all their Trump oppo got leaked early this summer. If they had had that tape during the primary we would have known about it

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks, I just sort of assumed anyone on Fox is inherently evil but haven't watched TV in many a year :v:

Shep's pretty much the legit journalist they keep around to keep the figleaf of being a news organization and because both he and Fox are aware they don't deserve him and won't ever get anyone better they pretty much just let him do his thing. Check this.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

lozzle posted:

Even if that happened (it won't) it would only affect the Southern states that are already thoroughly hosed so who cares.

:arghfist::saddowns:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My liberal family was all bemoaning Clinton back in January so lording it over them that I was a staunch supporter from the start now that they've all come around has been p sweet tbqh

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

citybeatnik posted:

"WELCOME TO POLITICS!"

Are there people who are seriously upset that Clinton didn't somehow have their information released asap out of some weird sense of fairness?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Didn't there used to be a :shep: smilie?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
at this point I think this whole election is one of those online creepypastas. pretty good one, too. Starts out funny, then at some point things just go wrong, first a little off kilter, and then more, and more. and then the orange man is right outside your window, right now. I'm scared.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I was blind, all along they did hate Hillary more than Obama.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

boner confessor posted:

bernie or bust people are conspiracy theorists and will believe literally anything becase by this point all of the sanders supporters who aren't insane or have shocking levels of media illiteracy have accepted reality and moved on
A really shocking number of the Bernie supporters I know were Ron Paul supporters 4-8 years ago. I've seen them go to Johnson or Stein since. A few are 9/11 truthers. Let that sink in.

Some people just want to break poo poo, but can't stomach Trump.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

I'm hoping he is that moment that gives people the cover to back away from the party and rethink life choices without losing face.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Feinne posted:

Shep's pretty much the legit journalist they keep around to keep the figleaf of being a news organization and because both he and Fox are aware they don't deserve him and won't ever get anyone better they pretty much just let him do his thing. Check this.

I admit I laughed at Chris Wallace saying "Don't you dare accuse me of watching Wolf Blitzer."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Don't forget that the DNC was hacked and all their Trump oppo got leaked early this summer. If they had had that tape during the primary we would have known about it

The dnc is clown college and the good stuff is probably coming from hillary camp

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My favorite Shepard Smith clip is this one.

https://youtu.be/iQ1HDDI-6Gk

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bip Roberts posted:

The dnc is clown college and the good stuff is probably coming from hillary camp
I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton in those terms.

Necc0 posted:

Yeah, leaked by foreign action. Boy, this looks like it's gonna backfire for Vlad P. Bigly.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Raenir Salazar posted:

I admit I laughed at Chris Wallace saying "Don't you dare accuse me of watching Wolf Blitzer."

The only good thing Chris Wallace has ever said.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GI_Clutch posted:

My favorite Shepard Smith clip is this one.

https://youtu.be/iQ1HDDI-6Gk

loving dying, I forgot about this. I love Shep.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Holy poo poo, that's actually terrifying. The issue isn't that he said "gently caress" or that he was talking about sex, the issue is that he was talking about doing things to women without their consent. I thought that was obvious to everybody, I guess that was just wishful thinking.

are you kidding? that's barely obvious to women, much less men. sexual politics in this country are hosed.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Raenir Salazar posted:

Are there people who are seriously upset that Clinton didn't somehow have their information released asap out of some weird sense of fairness?

It's the same kind of mentality that leads people to bemoan "negative campaigning."

Some people just don't get that politics is a blood sport.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

My liberal family was all bemoaning Clinton back in January so lording it over them that I was a staunch supporter from the start now that they've all come around has been p sweet tbqh

My parents have basically worshipped Hillary since the early 90s

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

America.

You don't think that'll be plan b?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Noam Chomsky posted:

You don't think that'll be plan b?

He'll try, maybe, but he'll gently caress it up because he's Trump and he's actually a massive idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
LOL at the Bush family.

Remember how the 2nd big tinhat theory about Donnie was he was just running to destroy Jeb!'s run/the Bushes.

• Locked thread