Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

I can think of no more apropos thing to say about a rural poverty thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm a liberal Democrat, and I say gently caress the rural poor!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Night10194 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=src30HcFvdw

How quickly we forget due to September's tightening.

Holy crap. It's times like these that remind me I should be watching the Daily Show. THis is amazing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

canepazzo posted:

Trump is pivoting so goddamn hard right now in Florida:

Clinton wants a world government;
I want power of veto... over the media;
Ryan's lack of congratulations for my debate performance is part of a conspiracy;
polls are crooked;
I wasn't really kidding when I said Obama founded Isis.

1. Maybe.
2. YES, KEEP ON loving THAT CHICKEN YOU MORON.
3. :laffo:
4. Only because your neo-nazi hordes online can't rig them
5. :jerkbag:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Even if you hate the people who voted for some of these initiatives, you need to understand if they're still having children, they still have families. These people deserve a chance to live up in the America that everyone else enjoys.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

There's apparently a documentary version of this. Book or documentary?

I enjoyed the book, but I wasn't even aware of the documentary version. Can't speak to its quality.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BigRed0427 posted:

Holy crap. It's times like these that remind me I should be watching the Daily Show. THis is amazing.

That was from like 2 months ago. Also, it wasn't the Daily Show. That was just a frustrated anchor trying to deal with a delusional Trump surrogate.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I sure as heck am not going to judge people for voting in a way that I think is against their economic interest. Now for voting for a nazi wannabee? Yeah, I sure as heck will.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Night10194 posted:

He'll tucker out a little in a week or so, then something else will set him off.

The third debate is in a week, so I guess we can expect an even more unhinged Trump than usual. I suspect the Clinton side will try to drop some new scandal on him with 2-3 days until the event, to elicit something similar to what happened this weekend (not just around the debate but polling, talkshows, etc)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

davecrazy posted:

I'm a liberal Democrat, and I say gently caress the rural poor!

I don't think anyone's saying that. The rural poverty issue must be addressed, but we must also address the issues in what might be termed "rural culture" that cause people to want to vote for a hateful imbecile like Trump, and we shouldn't forgive bigotry just because some bigots are down on their luck. We can fix both problems at the same time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I think that KBone would definitely go hang out at Snoop's crib, but would politely decline to smoke 1.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/anamariecox/status/786259670780346368

America fuuuck yeaaaah.

Hahhaha like seriously Jesus loving Christ

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if Trump really is doing cocaine to get ready for a debate? What if he ODs on stage?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Anyone who thinks that 'rural people' are a moral or idealogical bloc, I invite you to actually talk to people from rural areas (particularly if they're conservative) and see what their real values are. There are some nutjobs in there, for fucks sure; but there are also some decent people who think that the people they vote for will make life better for everybody. I'm not saying it excuses self-destructive politics, but you have to remember that these are people who often times have been denied decent education meeting even the most basic standards. Sometimes they don't understand civics, they are often uneducated on world religions, and they certainly don't grasp current social sciences. Throw the hatemongers in the ocean if you want but just remember that just voting Republican or even supporting Trump doesn't make you a hatemonger; it might make you ignorant, but that's as far as it goes.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

FactsAreUseless posted:

How does this work?

Just make it illegal to lie and call it news.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Like how many times has it been pointed out in the various iterations of this thread that poor rural people, by and large, don't even vote on a consistent basis. They're not responsible for the problems in the republican party. You guys are making GBS threads all over these people who have been basically systematically disenfranchised and crushed under the heel of global capital for decades.

It's the exact same thing as republicans being terrified of ISIS and then trying to reject Syrian refugees; you're trying to gently caress over the people who are the victims of the problem you want to fix.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Mister Adequate posted:

Just make it illegal to lie and call it news.

RIP The Onion.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

See, I don't think rural folks should be forgiven for any reason for voting for someone who says he wants to demolish the cornerstone of any democracy. I don't care if Hillary Clinton fired you personally, burned down your house, and then shot your dog, you still have to anything to resist a candidate who talks about throwing political opponents in jail and talks about violating the freedom of the press.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/786262723323715584

itshappening.gif

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

greatn posted:

What if Trump really is doing cocaine to get ready for a debate? What if he ODs on stage?

It's pretty hard to OD on just coke. His nose would probably just collapse or his heart would explode first.

But yeah I do think he's taking either blow or Adderall.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

greatn posted:

Hillary killed him just like Vince Foster.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Trump is now openly saying he wants to violate the First Amendment.

Let that sink in.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mmmm...

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

How does this work?

https://twitter.com/anamariecox/status/786259670780346368

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Pleeeeeeease drop out of the 3rd Debate, it would be amazing.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

e: gently caress ALL OF YOU :argh:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Yessss skip the Fox News moderated debate Donny you loving dumbass.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When Trump commits suicide he will arrange the crime scene and leave evidence to implicate Hillary.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sit on my Facebook posted:

Like how many times has it been pointed out in the various iterations of this thread that poor rural people, by and large, don't even vote on a consistent basis. They're not responsible for the problems in the republican party. You guys are making GBS threads all over these people who have been basically systematically disenfranchised and crushed under the heel of global capital for decades.

Well, if they don't vote, who's voting in the all R statehouses and governors that are making these states lovely?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

greatn posted:

When Trump commits suicide he will arrange the crime scene and leave evidence to implicate Hillary.

A note scrawled in blood "Killary wuz here."

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

greatn posted:

Who will have an ironclad alibi by being in front of 300 people. Who Breitbart will then call crisis actors, and the cycle begins anew.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

No way he'll skip it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

hcreight posted:

Trump is now openly saying he wants to violate the First Amendment.

Let that sink in.

I was thinking Trump is letting the mask a bit, but I didn't realize the whole Potemkin village was crashing down as well! :classiclol:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/786265626482319362

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

WampaLord posted:

Well, if they don't vote, who's voting in the all R statehouses and governors that are making these states lovely?

Upper middle class old suburban white people.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

greatn posted:

I could think of no greater belated birthday gift.

I don't normally wish death upon anyone, but in this case he did it to himself, and did us all a great service.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yes, when you consider rural people, and you blame them for not understanding the policies they may or may not be voting for, think about your high school education. Now imagine something about half as good. That is what they were given for making decisions about their future. These are people who have been systematically failed.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Trump just said that ISIS are praying daily for Hillary to be elected. Also that Obama says ISIL instead of ISIS because 'he likes disturbing all of you'. What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lozzle posted:

Yessss skip the Fox News moderated debate Donny you loving dumbass.

Like, this is the debate he's almost guaranteed to "win" because Wallace will go super hard on Hillary and will lob him softballs and he's going to skip this one?

• Locked thread