Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
The thing I find amusing about the Trump accusers is that like, with Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods and I think maybe even one time Cosby, a couple women came forward and said hell yes we had sex, but it was consensual and actually pretty good! Ain't nobody saying that about Donald, how strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Crow Jane posted:

If possible, I think he did even worse in the second one, what with the chair-humping, following Hillary like a shark, and assuming the black audience member must be from the inner city.

He did well among Republicans, which was a definite improvement over his first debate performance.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What's the blue stripe (in the pink rectangle)?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

WampaLord posted:

Hillary's first question will probably be the same thing.

She's already promised it, so I hope she doesn't forget.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cingulate posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Belt_(U.S._region)

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Cingulate posted:

where black people live

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

We need to nuke Australia from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

vote trump then

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cingulate posted:

all the gerrymandered districts that ended up dem

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cingulate posted:

It must be the Thin Blue Line people have been talking so much about lately.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

gfsincere posted:

You only have to worry about flying spiders from the months of May to October.

Basically all the warm months.

Now let me all regale you with the tale of how one flew into my mouth when I opened the window of my condo building.

A spider flew into my mouth when I opened the window of my condo.

Wait. Do they really fly? Or is that just a colorful name that people came up with to hide the fact that the spiders periodically colonize our skyscrapers?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Cingulate posted:

It's called the black belt. The name doesn't have to do with the predominantly African-American populace but instead the fertile black soil which serves as the backbone for the region's agriculture.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Archonex posted:

Wait. Do they really fly? Or that just a colorful name?

They're more like hang gliders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OwN7eYZseI

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Who What Now posted:

It must be the Thin Blue Line people have been talking so much about lately.

That little blue speck is Nashville, TN, I think.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

vseslav.botkin posted:

The thing I find amusing about the Trump accusers is that like, with Bill Clinton and Tiger Woods and I think maybe even one time Cosby, a couple women came forward and said hell yes we had sex, but it was consensual and actually pretty good! Ain't nobody saying that about Donald, how strange.

I feel the worst for the woman who ended up dating him

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Cingulate posted:

An ancient coastline.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Archonex posted:

Wait. Do they really fly? Or that just a colorful name?

Not like "real" flying insects, but they can weave webs that catch enough of the wind to lift and carry them. Originally they would do this to travel long distances but now updrafts bring them to the tops of skyscrapers. This only works for very small spiders, so don't worry about being divebombed by tarantulas.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
I know what we need! Flying snakes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMs8Cu8PNKM

EDIT: omg October surprise you guys!

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/hillary-clinton-lesbian-sex-claims-vince-foster-fixer/

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

Wait. Do they really fly? Or is that just a colorful name that people came up with to hide the fact that the spiders periodically colonize our skyscrapers?

Juveniles create tiny parachutes out of web that they use to fly around and find a place to settle down.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

gfsincere posted:

You only have to worry about flying spiders from the months of May to October.

Basically all the warm months.

Now let me all regale you with the tale of how one flew into my mouth when I opened the window of my condo building.

A spider flew into my mouth when I opened the window of my condo.

Wait. Aren't you in Georgia now? How are enjoying the giant flying cockroaches?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

The black leather couch, heraldic icon of Young Guys With Their Own Apartments :3:

:smith:

Actually it's a giant leather chair facing my computer setup. Plus I was never home because I traveled tons for work or stayed at my exes apartment on 8th and State lol.

Can't find a picture of the setup, but I did find a picture of me and balls out crazy John McAfee.

Feel free to ask me how meeting him went.

Whatever crazy poo poo you can imagine he said, he probably did. Also he said to me "I like you, you remind me a lot of myself", which I didn't know whether to take as a compliment or an insult.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That's so cool, I never knew that

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks everyone who answered my question. I have another non-US citizen question.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

See, Chicago has a rule that you can't build a curtain-walled penis extension unless you have a certain percentage of pre-sales. Most ultra-high skyscrapers sit largely vacant because of the spiders because they're expensive and shake a lot in the wind
... you notice it when a skyscraper shakes in the wind? How does it manifest?

I've only ever been up high in a real skyscraper once. (In Chicago, actually.)
Wasn't a windy night though.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Nope. They don't fly. Just checked. Still, whaaaat the gently caress.

Also:

A man claiming to be an expert on the spiders from an article detailing the spiders posted:

"Spiders are a wonderful part of our neighborhood ecology. If we didn't have spiders, we'd be neck-deep in flies by early summer," Sullivan said.

Someone needs to check this guy out. I'm pretty sure he's just a skin suit concealing thousands of intelligent spiders.

Edit: I literally had that loving comic copied and readied to paste in here if it turned out that yes the spiders could fly. :argh:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gfsincere posted:

Actually it's a giant leather chair facing my computer setup. Plus I was never home because I traveled tons for work or stayed at my exes apartment on 8th and State lol.

Can't find a picture of the setup, but I did find a picture of me and balls out crazy John McAfee.

Feel free to ask me how meeting him went.

Whatever crazy poo poo you can imagine he said, he probably did. Also he said to me "I like you, you remind me a lot of myself", which I didn't know whether to take as a compliment or an insult.

How did meeting murderous meth golem John McAfee go, gfsincere? :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Archonex posted:

Also:

Someone needs to check this guy out. I'm pretty sure he's just a skin suit concealing thousands of intelligent spiders.

Edit: I literally had that loving comic copied and readied to paste in here if it turned out that yes the spiders could fly. :argh:

Stockholm Syndrome.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cingulate posted:

One super dedicated block walker that was given a horribly cut turf.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Cingulate posted:

It's where most black people in the south live.

because that was where most of the plantations were prior to the civil war.

because that was there the best quality soil for planting and growing was.

because that area was a shallow coastline during the cretaceous period and had a ton of marine plankton in those seas at the time.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I refuse to believe this since it would mean Hillary cheats on Huma, and she doesn't deserve that.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Ash1138 posted:

Sorry y'all have worked with bad architects. Ensuring that our designs can be built and are code compliant is a huge part of what we do so I don't know what to tell you. Though to be honest, as proud as I am of our work, we're probably never going to do anything crazy or pretentious enough to win a Pritzker. :shrug:

Yeah, I just work at a small 10 person college town firm that does solid educational, healthcare and residential work. If we don't do our stuff right we get sued into not existing.

To be fair, a good number of the Pritzker winners are actually very good architects. Too bad the juries didn't give Denise Scott Brown the price simultaneously with Robert Venturi.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

gfsincere posted:

Maybe he meant something about being drunk

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cingulate posted:

Thanks everyone who answered my question. I have another non-US citizen question.

... you notice it when a skyscraper shakes in the wind? How does it manifest?

I've only ever been up high in a real skyscraper once. (In Chicago, actually.)
Wasn't a windy night though.

It's hard to pin down, which is why people don't notice when they're touring a place before purchasing. It's more like a seasick feeling, the horizon not staying steady. A tall building in high winds is designed to shift a few inches horizontally (this is much better than the alternative, breaking in half), so it's not as pronounced as an earthquake or the rumble of a train passing by. It's just an uneasy wrongness.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Themagicalgoat posted:

That little blue speck is Nashville, TN, I think.

Looks like Davidson County, yeah. An island of blue in a sea of bloody red poo poo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Instant Sunrise posted:

It's where most black people in the south live.

because that was where most of the plantations were prior to the civil war.

because that was there the best quality soil for planting and growing was.

because that area was a shallow coastline during the cretaceous period and had a ton of marine plankton in those seas at the time.

because that is on a continent formed from the separating of pangea.

because numerous asteroids impacted with each other until they formed together to form a planet.

because the big bang occurred thus firing energy and matter across the universe.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

there wolf posted:

Wait. Aren't you in Georgia now? How are enjoying the giant flying cockroaches?

I haven't seen them fly, but I have seen cockroaches of a species I can only describe as big motherfuckin roaches.

Also a random rear end drat near foot long salamander was hiding under my couch and chose to run across my foot 2 days ago. Heart still hasn't fully returned to my chest.

Archonex posted:

Oh yes the absolutely the gently caress do fly. I didn't use my window for a week.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Wait, John McAafee is no longer on the run from murder charges? What happened with that?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a guy intentionally stinging himself with a Tarantula Hawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Covok posted:

because the big bang occurred thus firing energy and matter across the universe.

Because... actually I'm pretty sure we have no loving idea past that point. :haw:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else find it odd that you can run for President while in prison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

sean10mm posted:

Because... actually I'm pretty sure we have no loving idea past that point. :haw:

There are some educated guesses, but no scientific theories.

• Locked thread