Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

Hank would ticket split and vote for hillary reluctantly.

Peggy would vote for Hillary because it's time a woman was president.

Dale wouldn't vote because crooked hillary is rigging the election anyway. Also that's how the government can track you, look it up on infowars dot com.

Bill would fall in with the alt-right and go full #MAGA and just embarrass himself. He'd snap out of it and be real embarrassed and end up writing in Ann Richards.

Boomhauer would vote, but never tell anybody who he voted for because that dang ol ballot supposed to be secret man.

Luanne would vote for Gloria La Riva.

Lucky would vote for trump because he's gonna make america great again.

Kahn would vote for whoever Ted Wassanasong is voting for.

I'm gonna agree with this.

Hank is the very definiton of a low information voter. He votes off of his feelings as evidenced by having a serious crisis about voting for W based off of a handshake.

Hank is what, in his early/mid 40s? So if we assume he was born in the 50s (A few years after Cotton gets back from Japan where he killed fiddy men) he would have a childs view of LBJ, a Texan and Good President. Ladybird's namesake shows that he doesn't hate Democrats.

He isn't overtly racist, although he is most definitely unconsciously biased. Trumps out in the open rhetoric would turn him off, and he's way too pragmatic to vote third party.

Split ticket, Hillary at the top.

This is all dependent on which Mike Judge we get writing this episode, because modern day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

They listed the "microphone at the first debate" as one of his targets for insults.

Stretch much there?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

iospace posted:

Frank Luntz of all people took a dump on the IBD poll yesterday. It's a garbage poll for garbage people.

Probably the new Project Veritas video which is entirely wrong.

Either that or he rewatched the debates.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fangz posted:

The Clinton Camp (rightly IMHO) doesn't really want to attack family members of the opposing candidate. That'd add unwelcome credibility to Trump attacking Hillary for Bill's stuff and potentially put Chelsea on the hit-list. To be honest, Ivanka has a better excuse for supporting Trump than everyone else.

To me there is a huge difference, Chelsea supports a platform that is inclusive and doesn't even attempt to otherize entire groups of people, and the other does the opposite.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nitrousoxide posted:

They listed the "microphone at the first debate" as one of his targets for insults.

Stretch much there?

No, he definitely went after that microphone. For days.

Much like how his fiddling with it damaged it a bit in the first place.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Agrajag posted:

To me there is a huge difference, Chelsea supports a platform that is inclusive and doesn't even attempt to otherize entire groups of people, and the other does the opposite.

Maybe that's so, but I think it's better to address the platform instead of potentially injecting additional ugliness into this campaign.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Xombie posted:

WikiLeaks is now down to "leaking" publicly held policy positions.

Latest Scoop: Leaked emails show that Hillary Clinton is married to Bill Clinton!

By the way, are there still people who know Clinton as nothing else than Bill's wife? People who insist that is the only notable thing about her might be a bit sexist.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/790534428942622721

The Trump was here.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nitrousoxide posted:

Stretch much there?

It was in the news for over a week and everyone added "sniffles" to their bingo card.

Not a stretch.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Can't suppress the the Trump!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fangz posted:

Maybe that's so, but I think it's better to address the platform instead of potentially injecting additional ugliness into this campaign.

The support for fascist like language, bigotry, and hand-waving of sexual assaults should always be called out.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

canepazzo posted:

whatever about the "the the", the "the Trump" is the weird part. the.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

To be fair, Ivanka supports a similar platform, she just seems to be unaware it's not the platform her father is running with.

I still think Ivanka votes for Hillary. I know there's literally no way we could possibly know this, but I know it to be true in my heart of hearts.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

canepazzo posted:

He can only get so flaccid!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/790533333956620288

The punishments will be severe! :redhammer:

actually there will be none

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Yes, good

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

the the Trump*

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

skylined! posted:

the the Trump*

THE "The Trump"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/790533333956620288

The punishments will be severe! :redhammer:

actually there will be none

Priebus is going to resign after this election, isn't he?

Or die of alcohol poisoning.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Latest Scoop: Leaked emails show that Hillary Clinton is married to Bill Clinton!

By the way, are there still people who know Clinton as nothing else than Bill's wife? People who insist that is the only notable thing about her might be a bit sexist.
:siren: Sources confirm Hillary has engaged in decades-long sexual relationship with former president Bill Clinton. Chelsea possible love child? #scoopofthecentury :siren:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/790536559107997701

:allears:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
^^ He seriously thinks Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Pennsylvania are loving swing states at this point? :psyboom:

Man this is so pathetic. If anything, it just reaffirms to me that he's not going to concede, no matter the deficit in votes.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 24, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BiohazrD posted:

This is all dependent on which Mike Judge we get writing this episode, because modern day...

Please don't tell me Mike Judge went bad. :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He's down like 20 in Michigan which makes this pretty precious.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope this election at the very least has a lasting effect on the GOP's ability to raise donations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CascadeBeta posted:

^^ He seriously thinks Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Pennsylvania are loving swing states at this point? :psyboom:

Man this is so pathetic. If anything, it just reaffirms to me that he's not going to concede, no matter the deficit in votes.

We need people to donate big and lose big

Basically ^^^

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Doc Hawkins posted:

Mike Judge has always been a bit of a wild card. He isn't a loud and proud rear end in a top hat, but he doesn't exactly hide the fact that he's a libertarian.

He's definitely a second string rear end in a top hat when you have people like Matt Stone, Trey Parker, and Scott Adams on the bench.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's down like 20 in Michigan which makes this pretty precious.

hes still got nc blue :3

im glad most folks around here think of him more as a mark than a conman

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mukaikubo posted:

I wasn't going to wade into this but for a thread that sometimes sucks Taleb's dick they sure do hate 538 for not dismissing the chance of black swan events out of hand.

That's because the average person here isn't a statistician and like Taleb's making GBS threads on econometric models for modeling risk in banking because "bankers are all evil and morons" but don't like Nate's conservatism on modeling because it doesn't show the Iron Abuela winning every single electoral vote.

It's entirely because of what the end result of the message is, not the logic behind it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wouldn't expect a Presidential campaign to admit they've lost until they have. It's only really a thing with Trump because he's refused to say he won't pull poo poo when he loses so what would be minor 'last gasps' stuff looks uncomfortably like the prelude to a huge loving mess.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

freckle posted:

THE "The Trump"

The Thetrump sounds like a pharaoh name.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

CascadeBeta posted:

Whatever will get the donations to keep rolling in.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nenonen posted:

The Thetrump sounds like a pharaoh name.

Egyptian royalty did have a thing about keeping the bloodline pure.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

CascadeBeta posted:

He still thinks he has a shot at New York and California, and someone in his campaign was saying they could take Maryland the other day

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

He made "Idiocracy" who's plot was the lower classes are reproducing too fast and will ruin the world. He doesn't have that great of opinions

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

axeil posted:

That's because the average person here isn't a statistician and like Taleb's making GBS threads on econometric models for modeling risk in banking because "bankers are all evil and morons" but don't like Nate's conservatism on modeling because it doesn't show the Iron Abuela winning every single electoral vote.

This is a strawman of the anti-Nate arguments.

Also, all bankers are evil and morons.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

freckle posted:

Egyptian royalty did have a thing about keeping the bloodline pure.

Family tree? Try family column. This is Hellenstic Egypt, but similar pairings appear to have been pretty common earlier as well.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 24, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Family tree? Try family column. This is Hellenstic Egypt, but similar pairings appear to have been pretty common earlier as well.

:dogbutton:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

WampaLord posted:

This is a strawman of the anti-Nate arguments.

Also, all bankers are evil and morons.

A better pithy slam on 538 is that Nate didn't trust his own data on Trump in the primary, and has been bitchmade ever since it blew up in his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

canepazzo posted:

Billy's not happy about the USC/LAT poll either :D

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/790475613090045952
Oh man, I never even considered this. The LAT poll is what the entire Trump campaign has been hanging its MAGA hat on, and Mitchell has been crowing about it. So if it shows Clinton ahead....

Also lol @ 3:50 AM tweets

• Locked thread