Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I am probably completely off on this, but I think picky eaters being hosed up people stems from a lovely upbringing where the parents just wanted the path of least resistance when it came to raising their kids. My step-mom's sister was a huge party girl right before she got knocked up by some Italian businessman who skipped out on her and the baby, so it was just her raising the baby. Three years later she gets knocked up again, this other dad skips out again, but now she has a 3-year-old that shes trying to feed as well, and he will only eat chicken nuggets and Kraft mac-n-cheese, if it was anything else he would throw the hugest goddamn fit. Since she was a single mom who's also trying to feed/handled the newborn, she gave him what he wanted for six loving years.

Also, when I was in elementary school, I carpooled with a a loving monster of a brat kid who was also a picky eater, would only eat certain things, but he would treat his mom like garbage (I don't remember his dad being in the picture). One event I still remember was he would play Nintendo right before school when he wasn't even dressed yet, and his mom was just like "Now Cory, you need to get ready for school," he yelled back "ONE MORE LEVEL YOU STUPID IDIOT," and she just walked away and let him play it out. That poo poo didn't fly with my mom. We would drive him home from school and he hated listening to music in the car, so my mom would blast ABBA if he in any way was being a little poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

gently caress, man, this reminds me that my sister's fiance proposed to her with a blue feather. She was pretty stoked, though. Oh well!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Ross Perowned posted:

I am probably completely off on this, but I think picky eaters being hosed up people stems from a lovely upbringing where the parents just wanted the path of least resistance when it came to raising their kids. My step-mom's sister was a huge party girl right before she got knocked up by some Italian businessman who skipped out on her and the baby, so it was just her raising the baby. Three years later she gets knocked up again, this other dad skips out again, but now she has a 3-year-old that shes trying to feed as well, and he will only eat chicken nuggets and Kraft mac-n-cheese, if it was anything else he would throw the hugest goddamn fit. Since she was a single mom who's also trying to feed/handled the newborn, she gave him what he wanted for six loving years.

Also, when I was in elementary school, I carpooled with a a loving monster of a brat kid who was also a picky eater, would only eat certain things, but he would treat his mom like garbage (I don't remember his dad being in the picture). One event I still remember was he would play Nintendo right before school when he wasn't even dressed yet, and his mom was just like "Now Cory, you need to get ready for school," he yelled back "ONE MORE LEVEL YOU STUPID IDIOT," and she just walked away and let him play it out. That poo poo didn't fly with my mom. We would drive him home from school and he hated listening to music in the car, so my mom would blast ABBA if he in any way was being a little poo poo.

You pretty much went to school with Eric Cartman.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I [29M] wanted to marry my girlfriend [24F] before finding she had lied and belittled me in front of everyone. I can’t trust her. Now she wants to marry me. What do I do?

Don't date BPDs. They are broken people.

Not a Children posted:

Uh so the update to the story about the picky boyfriend involved her spelling out that she couldn't live like that herself anymore, and asking him to see a doctor, upon which the bf went nuts and broke one of her ribs and sodomized her because vegetables are scary

Don't date autistics. They are broken people.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

*spinning around in a circle, pointing* undateable, undateable, undateable,

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress parents who don't implement a good diet for their kids. It is literally less bother to make kids grilled chicken, broccoli and baked potato (my son's favourite meal as a little) instead of mac, fries and nuggets. Picky eaters are horrible adults to be around.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

loquacius posted:

In slightly lighter news

is this what it's like to grow up in a red state

Please don't associate my already horrible red state with this.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Virigoth posted:

Please don't associate my already horrible red state with this.

Me[16M] with my mom[44F], got caught looking at her Victoria's Secret catalog, how do I repent?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Regulation Size posted:

that's a mirror.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Regulation Size posted:

Cumslut1895 posted:

that's a mirror.

:vince:

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
My mom enforced absolutely no diet on me at all. It probably stunted my growth because most of what I ate were canned green beans, chicken noodle soup, tapioca pudding, and pickles (all by my choice). It didn't leave me with any lasting food pickiness however. I'll eat just about anything. I'm struggling to think of even a single food item that offends my palate.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Have you tried Soylent?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
My parents had a rule where my brother and I had to try everything at least twice, but if we didn't like it we never had to eat it again. Neither of us have any food hang ups and are mildly adventurous eaters now.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

I [28F] hate my boyfriend's [28M] beard.

Throwaway because bf is on reddit. We've been together for 10 years and I love him a lot. I'm sure we're gonna marry someday and have kids together. He always had a bit of a beard which I loved. I always found him very attractive. However, about 6 months ago, he started to grow out his beard. Some people call it a hipster beard. The difference is that my bf doesn't groom his beard. At all. And it looks a mess. Whenever he eats, small pieces of food stick to his beard. Whenever it's hot outside, small droplets of sweat linger in his beard. Whenever we have sex, I feel his beard rubbing on me and it feels weird. And afterwards I have beard hair all over me. I just hate it.

I've tried talking to him about at least grooming his beard (I'm not even talking about cutting it off because apparently he loves it so much!), I bought some grooming accessoires for him (scissors, small comb) but he doesn't use it. I've told him about this fancy hipster barber shop but he just laughed and said "real men" don't need that. He also keeps insisting that I'm gonna "learn to love his beard" someday but it just gets more and more disgusting. I've asked his friends and family what they think about the beard but they all agree that the beard is great. I can't be the only one noticing the food getting caught up in his beard!? Ugh, what do I do? I feel like I find him less and less attractive. I'm even starting to avoid having sex with him, and it freaks me out. Please help!

tl;dr: My boyfriend of 10 years is growing a disgusting web of hair, food and sweat on his face. Help!

quote:

UPDATE:I [28F] hate my boyfriend's [28M] beard.
So, I did what some people suggested and told him I couldn't bring myself to have sex with him unless he starts grooming his beard because I'm so disgusted by it. He kind of laughed it off but after a week I guess he realized I was serious.

So one day we met for dinner after work and he got there clean shaven and with a bouquet of roses. During dinner, he asked me if I honestly didn't remember. I had no idea what he was talking about. That's when he told me that 6 or 7 years ago, when we celebrated Christmas with my family and my grandfather was asking when the two of us would "finally" get married, my bf said we would get married when his beard was as long as my grandfather's (who has somewhat of a Santa Claus beard).

For a few months after that incident, it was like a running joke between the two of us, whenever he didn't shave for a few days, I told him to watch out or he would have to marry me. Apparently that was when he decided he would grow out his beard before proposing. Only he thought it would be too obvious and I would know what was coming, and I completely forgot about the whole situation and now I feel kind of bad about forgetting the whole joke between us. He said when I told him the beard was disgusting he thought I was just joking around because I wanted to know if he would really go through with growing it out grandfather style.

Our friends and families were all in on it and that's why they kept saying the beard was great. So, long story short, the beard is gone and we are engaged. I guess this might seem a bit childish to a lot of people, but it made my grandfather happy and I think the original idea was kind of sweet (even though the beard wasn't).

tl;dr: Bf only grew out his beard because of an inside joke we had years ago that I completely forgot about. We are now happily engaged and he shaves again. Yay!

:3:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Aww thats a nice story. Glad it had a happy ending

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Aww thats a nice story. Glad it had a happy ending

I'm waiting for the boyfriend post about how she ruined his proposal and now he's not sure if he wants to marry her at all

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

504 posted:

Have you tried Soylent?
Like the good hipster Seattle dwelling nerd I am of course I have. It's inoffensive and bland, sort of a sweet thick soymilk flavor. It's not my first choice for a meal but once a month or so I'll drink one for lunch if I'm feeling lazy.

My [23/M] girlfriend [25/F] is sleeping over at her best friends house [26/M] to do her paper. I thought nothing of of it, but my friends told me to be worried. Should I be?

quote:

Her and Dave are best friends, she told me he had a huge crush on her but they got over it and now they're just friends. I'm pretty chill so I don't think much of it. Besides if she cheats, she cheats, I move on.
So, my girlfriend is in her final year of schooling and she's been struggling with this paper. She told me today she's going to her friends place to sleep over and do it. I didn't think anything of it. But as soon as I told my friends where she was tonight, my friends were like "Duuuude, only one thing happens when a girl sleeps over." I know her and I don't think she'd do anything, but that made me worried. She asked me "Is it okay if I sleep in his bed." I said no and she said okay I'll sleep on the couch then. Iunno, I felt calm through this, then my friends freaked me out. Should I be? or just ignore them?
tl;dr: Girlfriend sleeping over at best friends house. He's a guy, they're doing their paper together. I wasn't worried, but my friends told me to be. Should I be?

The rarely spotted in the wild TOO chill and trusting boyfriend?!

Anony Mouse fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 12, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Anony Mouse posted:

Like the good hipster Seattle dwelling nerd I am of course I have. It's inoffensive and bland, sort of a sweet thick soymilk flavor. It's not my first choice for a meal but once a month or so I'll drink one for lunch if I'm feeling lazy.

My [23/M] girlfriend [25/F] is sleeping over at her best friends house [26/M] to do her paper. I thought nothing of of it, but my friends told me to be worried. Should I be?

The rarely spotted in the wild TOO chill and trusting boyfriend?!

That one's a coin toss with no more info, IMO. Being stuck on writing sucks, and having someone you really gel with to bounce ideas back and forth and keep creative energy flowing can be a godsend. A writing jam can leave you p done in, especially if it goes late into the evening. I'd want to crash wherever I was afterwards. The girlfriend telling her bf about the old crush seems mostly like reassurance that she isn't going to bone her bestie, for the bf's sake. Whether or not she is boning him is in details we don't have.

Regardless, that dude seems p chill and good and he shouldn't be worried because he wasn't worried in the first place. He said it himself, if she cheats, she cheats. He abides moves on.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5ciimz/i_24m_accidentally_proposed_to_my_girlfriend_24f/

quote:

I [24M] accidentally proposed to my girlfriend [24F]. She announced before I could speak to her, and now I don't know what to do.

Using a throwaway because she knows my real username.

So I've been seeing my girlfriend now for almost 3 years. They've been good years, and I'm very happy with her. There's no doubt in my mind that I do want to continue this relationship for the long term, but I don't think I'm ready to commit to marriage or anything like that. My concern is that it's too soon, and by too soon I mean that I'm afraid I might not feel the same way in 3 years. I've changed so much in the past 3 years that it's hard for me to know if we're compatible for the long haul. That's why I was going to explain the situation to her and take the proposal back the next day when I realized what I had done, if she hadn't told a bunch of people.

As for how this happened, I had a big weekend last week because I was celebrating my birthday. My girlfriend planned an amazing party for me and there was something that just made me think I should propose. I was really drunk too, so to be fair, it likely was a combination of the alcohol and the emotions. Anyway, after we came back from bars, we were just hanging out at my apartment and that's when it happened. I don't remember everything I said, but I know I said I loved her and asked her to marry me and she accepted. We had sex and then I went to sleep. When I woke up the next day, she had already announced on Facebook and told her parents and sisters and my family.

I didn't know what to do, so I just kept quiet. I really think I have to clear this up and soon, but I don't want to ruin our relationship. I'm afraid that she may be so hurt that she'll break up with me, and I don't want that. I also don't want to publicly embarrass her. I just don't know how to do either of those things. I really need help navigating this situation in a way that doesn't cost my my girlfriend.

tl;dr: Proposed to my gf after I got very drunk on my birthday weekend. She accepted and announced before I woke up the next day. I think this is a mistake and want to clear this up, but I'm worried she'll be so hurt she'll break up with me. What do I do?

how do i walk back my proposal without losing my girlfriend???

OP getting shredded in the comments:

quote:

I'm hoping to gain clarity over time.

quote:

But that would be a lie or at least dishonest. I don't know if I want to marry her.

quote:

We are now, but I'm not sure if we will be in 3 years. What I would like is for us to keep dating and then if I feel the same way in 3 or so years I would be okay marrying her.

i might feel okay about marrying you after a few more years

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 12, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People need to stop being such fuckasses about getting married. 3 years is long enough to know.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

My girlfriend [25F] broke up with me [28M] on the first day of our vacation

My girlfriend, ex girlfriend I guess and I just arrived at our resort today and we broke up at the airport before we even took off. The whole point of the trip was to get away so we could try to get our relationship happy again without dealing with work stress but she gave me yet another ultimatum and I called her bluff and she broke up with me. She hasn't been in the hotel room but I know she's going to want to get back together and I don't think I want to. But ya, now we're stuck in a hotel room together for a week.

So what do I do? How do I make this not awkward? I don't want to fight with her but I don't think I want to get back together. And we live together so well have to deal with that when we get home.

tl;dr: my girlfriend broke up with me and we're on vacation together until Monday.

quote:

I just wanted to update on my lovely vacation.

The first day was really bad, I stuck to the hotel room for most of it and when I finally went out at night she tried to start fights and get me to stop talking to people because she thought I was going to “cheat” on her. The front desk person found me another room that was a huge upgrade so I moved there for the rest of the trip to avoid my girlfriend. I guess she didn't stay in the old room either so I'm not sure who ended up paying for that but I was expecting a huge bill for poo poo she charged to the room.

It was pretty awkward but I did my best to have a good time. I met a ton of people, and it was easy to make friends since everyone thought the situation was hilarious. My girlfriend never went too far away, she would approach me a couple of times every day to "try and work things out so we can enjoy our vacation" and she kept an eye on me the whole time. When I wouldn't talk with her she tried to start a fight and a couple times she actually screamed at me for everyone to hear. After it finally became clear to her that I was moving on she stopped bugging me and she flew out a couple days early. I ended up spending most of my time with a group that was there for a wedding and even attended the ceremony. I'd rate it a 7/10 vacation all things considered.

I feel a bit bad about how lovely her trip was. I did some poo poo just to piss her off that probably wasn't necessary. I was hoping that she would be mad enough to just move out of my house before I got home but she's still living here with me and now I'm living in my own basement just to avoid her. I did give her an eviction notice but one month is far too long to be living with an ex. My dogs have been staying with my friends so I can make sure she doesn't try to take them or something but her staying here is really loving everything up.

tl;dr: had a great vacation but still living with my ex.

Question: What ultimatums had she previously given you?

quote:

She told me to stop working out so much or we would break up, and it was only every other day for an hour or two. She said if I went to the beach wearing basketball shorts instead of a swimsuit we would break up (because you can see my dick outline).

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I think this thread has broken me, because I initially thought the post was referring to the other kind of "beard"

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tears In A Vial posted:

shoo shoo gains goblin

edit:

My [13M] brother [19M] shot me in my balls with a BB Gun last night. It still hurts, my mom and dad are doctors and I'm to embarrassed to tell them.Personal issues

quote:

Hi, this is a personal issue.

Yesterday I was visiting my brother in his apartment. My sisters and mother went out for a relaxing beauty day or whatever. My brother decided to play a prank on me and shoot my balls with a BB gun when I was standing in the kitchen. I had pants on, he shot my crotch and hit my balls. They still loving hurt.
My mom and dad are both doctors. My dad is a neurosurgeon and my mom is a surgeon that does things like remove bullets from you when you have been shot. I don't know what you call it. I'm to embarrassed to go to my mom and tell her my balls hurt. What can I do? will the pain go away?

tl;dr: My balls hurt and I'm embarrassed

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 12, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tears In A Vial posted:

I've dated girls who threaten to break it off every time they're mildly annoyed by something... when I was like 20. Usually you learn to stop playing that card by around then because if the other party gets too fed up with it all they have to do is say "ok I'll take that deal" and that's it.

About time this girl learned that lesson if she's still doing it at 25. Too bad about their vacation though :rip:

Tolkien minority posted:

shoo shoo gains goblin

edit:

My [13M] brother [19M] shot me in my balls with a BB Gun last night. It still hurts, my mom and dad are doctors and I'm to embarrassed to tell them.Personal issues

just think how embarrassed this kid will be when he loving loses his balls because he couldn't tell his mom his brother shot him in the crotch

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

just think how embarrassed this kid will be when he loving loses his balls because he couldn't tell his mom his brother shot him in the crotch

This one was weird on several levels:

- Why is he posting it in /relationships
- I could understand being embarrassed if you have an STD, or just general pain, but being afraid to tell a doctor parent you got shot in the crotch, just because it was your crotch? That's so 13-year-olds
- His NINETEEN year old brother shot him in the crotch? What messed up brain thinks "oh hey, I'll shoot my almost-a-kid brother in the genitals?" That sounds like a scary home life, but then again brothers do weird poo poo.
- For how embarrassed he says he is, he sure isn't embarrassed to brag about his doctor parents

Shame Wagon
Nov 12, 2016

Known Lecher posted:

I don't know if Robert will ever get help for his eating problems, but I am glad to say that it's no longer my concern.

Oh, I'm sure he will get a certain type of help for his eating problems over the next few years, given that they don't allow you much dietary choice in prison.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

When you're 13, having to say the word "balls" to your mom can be a terrifying prospect

Time for this kid to become a man, or lose his chance at that forever :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

monkeytennis posted:

If this is an interesting story I'd love a link.

Unfortunately I don't have the link anymore, but I'm almost sure there's a link to it in the SAclopedia.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Holt poo poo that 19 year old brother should be taking some responsibility there. Poor kid, hopefully reddit convinces him to tell his parents.

HardDiskD posted:

Unfortunately I don't have the link anymore, but I'm almost sure there's a link to it in the SAclopedia.

To give an idea:
Woman and husband are total children. Husband spends all their money on just about every single Star Wars merchandise imaginable. I don't think the thread other than a mod saw pics.
She finds out she's pregnant, her diet is poo poo, their finances are poo poo, the entire situation is loving insane.
We didn't get any closure and she was banned. Super curious how it all turned out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Enfys proved it was fake.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Pick posted:

Why would you ruin a good thing

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

Really? I don't remember that

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

HardDiskD posted:

There isn't, which is why I asked! :negative:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Really? I don't remember that

At least, everything relating to the pregnancy. The medical stuff she was throwing around was literally nonsense.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

corn on the cop posted:

I [24M] accidentally proposed to my girlfriend [24F]. She announced before I could speak to her, and now I don't know what to do.

I feel like you can measure how hosed up these stories are by what sitcom you immediately think of after hearing them. If it's Seinfeld or Curb then there's hope. If your first thought is Peep Show, like in this case, then somebody is totally hosed.

And God help anyone who calls to mind It's Always Sunny.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

bone app the teeth posted:

there are these things called "lies" that are sometimes ok to say because they don't hurt anyone and can actually help people feel better

"It was too big and it hurt."

"It was big but he was a three stroke joke."

"Big as in long, yeah, but it was narrow as gently caress."

There are hundreds of lies you can tell to avoid feeding your partner's insecurities. In an ideal world, they wouldn't be insecure about anything and you could just say "Yes I liked his thick, hard, pulsing horse cock" but that's not how it works.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

This one was weird on several levels:

- Why is he posting it in /relationships
- I could understand being embarrassed if you have an STD, or just general pain, but being afraid to tell a doctor parent you got shot in the crotch, just because it was your crotch? That's so 13-year-olds
- His NINETEEN year old brother shot him in the crotch? What messed up brain thinks "oh hey, I'll shoot my almost-a-kid brother in the genitals?" That sounds like a scary home life, but then again brothers do weird poo poo.
- For how embarrassed he says he is, he sure isn't embarrassed to brag about his doctor parents

Son of a neurosurgeon. They are hosed up people who raise hosed up families.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

ben carsons son

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

"It was too big and it hurt."

"It was big but he was a three stroke joke."

"Big as in long, yeah, but it was narrow as gently caress."

There are hundreds of lies you can tell to avoid feeding your partner's insecurities. In an ideal world, they wouldn't be insecure about anything and you could just say "Yes I liked his thick, hard, pulsing horse cock" but that's not how it works.

Haha I don't know man in all my relationships my ex's genitals have somehow never come up in the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

Me [18 M] with my girlfriend [18 F] 3 months, is it weird for my girlfriend to snapchat non nude pics in the shower to guy friends?

Yes this is completely normal. Carry on