Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i hate this

Specieist....

e: SM Taxxe

e2: Anyone else imagine this is what pgabz really looks like? No, just me....nevermind...

ripptide fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Propagandist posted:

Holy poo poo this was a ride

fujck

I WANT TO GET OFF MR SMARTS WILD RIDE

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ripptide posted:

uhmmmmmmm....sorrywat?

I think Titanic meant:

The Titanic posted:

This got me right in the lols. :D

I hope :ohdear:

Also

ripptide posted:

e2: Anyone else imagine this is what pgabz really looks like? No, just me....nevermind...

Quit doxxing him :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/804184792673775616

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 1, 2016

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Here's the thing with Star Marine. Travelling to Kareah to get shot once and then wake up back in the wank pod is already agonizingly tedious, yet the base game is intended to have even harsher penalties for dying and even worse travel times. On some level they know this isn't going to work for most players, but rather than trying to make the actual game fun they went "well okay the base game won't be fun shooty action but for the people who want fun shooting, we'll put a game within the game that is fun shooting" even though that's even more disastrous because not only is the base game not fun, the game within a game is intended to cannibalize players away from the base game even though that's retarded and disastrous.

Like does anyone think there will still be people making the pointless dull repetitive trips Kareah if you can just jump straight to Star Marine to shoot people? Their own design by their own design kills participation in their own world. It's bizarre and stupid.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

ripptide posted:

Specieist....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pmMZDko60

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

I stole it from reddit. Go get your own link = )

Sorry, MoMA. We don't say "stole" here. You either archived or Archered it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Sorry, MoMA. We don't say "stole" here. You either archived or Archered it.

You have to forgive him, he's a CIGist. So it's "stole" or "refactored to a higher fidelity standard"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

for over a year and they still haven't done anything meaningful to make the gameplay engaging.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's like 8 mile with less rapping.

But with more knife fighting. Realistic looking rubber knives, but knife fighting.

Ooooooookay, CRAPPY looking rubber knives. There. Happy?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Stop Archering my schtick, or I will go next door and borrow my neighbor's legal counsel.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Out of curiosity, how's your refund status?

Sold most of my ships in the summer of 2014, then got a refund for about half of what was left a few months ago. They wanted to keep some money in ships I had had upgraded to LTI, but I made them send them to the person that did the upgrade for me instead, since getting a refund meant losing your account.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.

20 pages back but

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahhahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Did I miss something happening?

I feel like I missed something happening.

time to go check out those pages I skipped

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

What a charming fantasy world they live in. :allears:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

A window into the world of morons.

If anyone was going to buy back in (yes, concussions can be that bad), then I'd imagine it would go something like this:

1: Load RSI store
2: Click 'purchase' on whatever wank chariot/package
3: Proceed to check out and put in info
4: Done

Do they seriously think anyone would put any more effort into it than that? For a bunch of useless tat like a towel or a wank chariot engine modifier? There is literally nothing special about having an early backer account over a new one and there never will be.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

MoMA how does it feel to see your own turn on you? Where do you go from here?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

lazorexplosion posted:

Here's the thing with Star Marine. Travelling to Kareah to get shot once and then wake up back in the wank pod is already agonizingly tedious, yet the base game is intended to have even harsher penalties for dying and even worse travel times. On some level they know this isn't going to work for most players, but rather than trying to make the actual game fun they went "well okay the base game won't be fun shooty action but for the people who want fun shooting, we'll put a game within the game that is fun shooting" even though that's even more disastrous because not only is the base game not fun, the game within a game is intended to cannibalize players away from the base game even though that's retarded and disastrous.

Like does anyone think there will still be people making the pointless dull repetitive trips Kareah if you can just jump straight to Star Marine to shoot people? Their own design by their own design kills participation in their own world. It's bizarre and stupid.

Right now, imo, the gameloop that SC presents exists because they can't do anything else with it. The respawn in wankpod, the inability to really steal ships, the fact that spaceships are hardwired somehow to their "owners" / loaders, and the ridiculous ways ships explode and despawn. There is no sense of ownership in the game, there is no relationship between the player and their epeen aside from waiting for concept sales like catching pokemon.

There is no game, and there is no game design, its just a demo of what SC supposed to be, but will never be.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You have to realize how dumb this is though, like come on

Catching up, has MOMA proved this yet or is just making wild claims?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

This guy doesn't have to pay the taxe because his portrait is the taxe. Classy.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kakarot posted:

MoMA leveled up!
MoMA gained +1 hostile, +2 attack, +9 meltdown!

Meltdown is SUPER EFFECTIVE!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Catching up, has MOMA proved this yet or is just making wild claims?

In fairness to the guy it's not like this thread isn't full of seemingly wild claims that can only ever be substantiated as true or false after some measure of an event has happened.

It's just that he's usually horribly wrong.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sabreseven posted:

A window into the world of morons.

If anyone was going to buy back in (yes, concussions can be that bad), then I'd imagine it would go something like this:

1: Load RSI store
2: Click 'purchase' on whatever wank chariot/package
3: Proceed to check out and put in info
4: Done

Do they seriously think anyone would put any more effort into it than that? For a bunch of useless tat like a towel or a wank chariot engine modifier? There is literally nothing special about having an early backer account over a new one and there never will be.

You clearly don't understand game shame development. They will regret their foolhardy apostasy, and wish to prostrate themselves before His Most Holy CRobbleness, and beg His mercy.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
SQ42/SQ42_good_game_final.pak
SC/SC_good_game_final_3_0.pak

Its released :confuoot:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Why the gently caress would you be happy that some tepid poo poo is leaking out of the carcass of a large animal that is long dead but doesn't know it yet.
but enough about final fantasy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D_Shart won me over when he said go for the genitals

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I knew MoMA was Toast, thanks /r/DerekSmart

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

MoMA how does it feel to see your own turn on you? Where do you go from here?

I like the bit where MoMA claims to be a CIG moderator.

:reddit: how can you be so completely wrong and right at the same time and why do you keep making us chuckle so?

Just for giggles.
SQ42/SQ42_pusher_romance_tickle_breakfrom_socialmedia_"actress"_puke_moonlighting_lol.pak
SQ42/SQ42_Maverick_thumb_errrrr_ummmm_refactoredfidelity_still2.0buttheycanttell_neverfinal.pak

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW Derek - the updated evocati build is pretty, drat good. You know this right? From your access? You know about the fixes and the ship that is now flyable? The new pirate swarm? The bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex? DAY ONE FIXES.

edit: toodles

Yeah, again, sorry, MoMA. Fixes on an "alpha" years after release are NOT day one fixes. Those are "Really? THAT long?" fixes. See there's this nifty thing called a dictionary that tells us what words mean, so we use the right words to correctly express ourselves. This is NOT Wonderland where words mean what you want them to. Maybe call up CIG's linguist and have him spin up a new language for you where that is true, but you post in English.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

It's like reading a circa 2006 forums discussion about the Lost season finale

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all having a fabulous day of screaming at the computer game, at eachother, at strangers on the internet etc. I just want to remind you all to call or visit your parents wherever it is possible for you to do so, because they love and care about you.

This and your av genuinely brightened my night

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ripptide posted:

You have to forgive him, he's a CIGist. So it's "stole" or "refactored to a higher fidelity standard"

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ayn Marx posted:

I keep making shitposts but no one is angry at me or calling me out, I'm completely irrelevant :(

That's not true and you know it. You had a good shtick!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

This is interesting because the UI is different to that shown on the livestream, it's also not sourced from the offline cheat due to the extra 2 Citizens seen but the UI is the same.

So either:-

A. Multiplayer Star Marine is in the Evocati release and it's just showing that.
Or
B. Someone at CIG made a video of multiplayer Star Marine and a gif was created that would deceive people.

I wonder which it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

sure why not

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread