Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

what the gently caress.

I don't understand how people can live like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
r/relationships Story Link Dump Part 3 (page 374 break):

I(16F) am falling deeper and deeper in love with my crush on a fictional (???M) character and I was wondering if I'm going too far.
I (26m) just found out my fiance (27f--together 3 years) has most likely been intentionally sabotaging my relationship with my family and our business and may have stolen from us. If it weren't for our son (2m) I'd be history but I'm lost.
I'm (22F) struggling to help my husband (26M) cope with having no teeth.

my [21 F] close friend [22 F] of 15 years has finally gotten into major trouble for shoplifting $1300 worth of makeup. She has been shoplifting on an off since 6th grade. She wants me to write her a character letter. I'm not sure if I should
My (29M) fiancee (29F) likes cuddling with her stuffed animals more than me
My [29M] cousin [29M] is like a brother to me and is the godfather to my sons, but he is divorcing his wife for not getting a scar removed and this is ruining our relationship

I [27F] want to sedate mentally & physically handicapped future-SIL [25F] at our wedding. Advice? Opinions? Alternatives?
My [25F] dogs [5F German Sheppard & 3M Rottweiler] has started to growl at my boyfriend [27M] anytime he comes near my son [4M] (Non-Romantic)
Me [24/F] with my boyfriend [26/M] he broke up with me, then got back together with me, but I already have a date planned with a new guy [25/M]

Me [18F] dumped my boyfriend [19M] because he made a rude comment about a huge scar on my brothers [16M]
Girlfriend [22F] coming to visit and stay with my [20M] family. She said some really insensitive and hurtful things towards my sister [22F], although she now feels terrible and very sorry. My sister is still extremely upset however. I don't know how to handle the situation.
My [M27] boyfriend of two years wanted me [F26] to stop spending so much money on beauty supplies. I did, but now he thinks I'm ugly and he is secretly spending that money on something else.

Boyfriend (34M) resents me (30F) for being financially stable.
Me [23F] with my Brother [26M] mom passed away and gave me significantly more "inheritance" than my brother because I was her caretaker. He is furious
Me [25 M] with my wife [25 F] of 5 years, she uses "her feelings" to impose annoying restrictions that are insignificant.

My[30m] wife[30f] became a different woman after we married.
Boyfriend (21 M) got upset at me (20 F) about a cheese cake I made
Me [27M] with my 25 [F] Have a question. My girlfriend has started requesting that I eat her rear end everynight, even if we don't have sex, or she will not be able to go to sleep.

My boyfriend [21 M] and I [20 F] of 2.5 years took a bath together and it resulted in some aggression.
I (27F) feel violated and trapped by my friend (25A)-DESPERATELY need advice!!!Non-Romantic
(49/M) getting weird signals from a girl (25/F)

Me [20 F] with my brother [30 M] and his wife [34 F], they wrote a list of everything they dislike about me
Coworker[55?M] looks like a clone of my deceased father, I[22F] don't know how to be normal at work. (A little long...)
My (24F) ‘friend’ (28f) is accusing me of supporting the Paris bombing and of being an IS supporter because I couldn’t pitch in for donations to a Paris school

Me [25F] with my roommates [34F/35M], I think they’re uncomfortable with my prosthetic arm
My husband [31/M] had sexual history with my [30/F] previously estranged brother [28/M] before our marriage and husband gave me Herpes
I think my teenage son may have sodomized our dog. I'm not sure what to do. Help me Reddit.

TX - Is what I did illegal? On a date with a girl who ordered very expensive stuff against my wishes with her expecting me to pay. I bailed and stiffed her with the check.

And that's it for now! :) I'll try to get the rest if I can at all when I have spare time, but as shown by all the posts inbetween each of these, this thread moves super fast.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lol the guy in that very last link is a goddamned American hero

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Good poo poo, dude.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Love triangle

This is really easy, even though you obfuscated it in a shitload of boring 3 some crap. You arent marries to him, you dont want kids with him, just dump him. Or i guess just keep letting life happen to you without owning up to any of your desires which so far has somehow worked for you.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

This is really easy, even though you obfuscated it in a shitload of boring 3 some crap. You arent marries to him, you dont want kids with him, just dump him. Or i guess just keep letting life happen to you without owning up to any of your desires which so far has somehow worked for you.

yeah I don't get this, it's so obvious. Neither of them really wants Ted in the relationship anymore in any capacity except as a second dick, so why the gently caress are you still involved with him?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Charles Get-Out posted:

What a coincidence, this is exactly what I look for in men.

:same:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Batman has been a constant source of hope and inspiration for me. Everytime I have a hard day I remember how much he accomplished despite losing his parents at such a young age

When I was a kid and had a bad cold I always used to repeat "Batman never gets the cold, why do I have to get the cold" to myself to... console myself? Lament the unfairness of it all? I don't know but I did it for years.

I still do.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I'm (30M) concerned about my wife's (29F) sudden weight gain and that she's not taking it seriously. It's causing problems in the bedroom and I'm not sure how to approach or solve it.

My wife has started a new medication in recent months, and one of the side effects of it is that she's going through a lot of weight gain. I knew that it was possible that she might put on a few pounds as she negotiated a routine and such, but I wasn't exactly prepared for her to have put on as much as she has.

I'm also concerned that she's not taking it very seriously. I try to help her be mindful when she's overeating or not exercising, and she continually laughs it off or makes excuses. It's frustrating because I'm always going to the gym or going running and inviting her along but she always seems to find a new reason to not go.

And yes it's causing problems in the bedroom. I've found myself turning her down lately because I'd be lying if I said I'm not as attracted to her. I promise I'm not trying to be shallow, but I know what she should look like and she's far from it right now. Whether I want it to be or not, it's a turn off and it makes it not work for me.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? I'm trying to approach the subject delicately but I'm not feeling like I'm getting through to her. I really want to help her stay in shape and stop this from becoming a problem, but I am finding it almost impossible to get through to her.

tl;dr: My wife is taking a medication that is causing weight gain and I'm having issues with getting her to take the problem seriously. Plus I am honestly less attracted to her in the bedroom. This is getting to be an issue and I need help with how to help her fix it.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm guessing it's an anti-depressant and these questions always piss me off because the partner, of I've noticed it's mostly guys, act like their partner is completely flippant about the fact they've gained weight.

Trust me, they know, and they feel like poo poo about it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

I [25F] think my boyfriend [24M] is into my buff friend's [27F] body.

It's time to get beefy, bitch

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

my type of woman will cut off my nuts and brutally murder me and tell my family and loved ones it was self-defense so that I die with them all hating me and then she will stuff me and display me in her hallway

hello

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
On the matter of long man hair, when I was in highschool a friend of a friend had long hair. Past his rear end. And it was beautiful. It was the thickest rope of lustrous hair I had ever seen. Never dyed, never subjected to harsh treatment. Just kept in a braid every single day, and it was incredible. The guy was a douche but he really did have amazing hair. I literally imagine he could have gotten two grand for it at one of those places that dyes human hair for wigs.

It looked like this,

Just incredible.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

what sticks out the most in this post is this line:

quote:

I know what she should look like and she's far from it right now.

:cripes: I've got bad news for you, man...

these guys who expect their wives/girlfriends to look good forever need to fix their loving perspectives on the world because everyone changes and most people look worse as they get older. your scale of attractiveness needs to shift as you get older, otherwise you're going to be the creepy 50 year old who dates 20-somethings because his only prerequisite in a relationship is how thin and young they are

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i missed the long hair drama but as a long haired dude, more power to you pal

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
pelo

I [32F] have a bit of a disagreement with my husband [34M] over his beard.

quote:

My husband has had a beard for several years now, which I haven't minded. Typically its been under an inch long, which I find attractive.

Over the last year, he's gone overboard with it, letting it grow very long. I absolutely hate it. While he has a nice post-shower routine which includes conditioners and nice oils, it of course gets dirtier through the day. When he eats food and liquids get stuck in it, and it makes me gag. Not to be graphic, but in sexual situations it gets sloppy and wet -- it disgusts me. I can't take it anymore.

I've asked him to trim it, to keep it at a more managable length that agrees with us both. He has refused. I have tried not to make a big deal out of it, because I realise its not good to demand your partner change their preferred appearance, but its causing me to be resentful.

I deeply love my husband, but I don't know what else to do. I no longer wish to be intimate with him, but I don't think its fair to give him an "or else!" ultimatium. Where do I go from here?

tl;dr: My husbands beard grosses me out but he won't cut it.

tl;dr: Mandatory summary/question!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pick posted:

On the matter of long man hair, when I was in highschool a friend of a friend had long hair. Past his rear end. And it was beautiful. It was the thickest rope of lustrous hair I had ever seen. Never dyed, never subjected to harsh treatment. Just kept in a braid every single day, and it was incredible. The guy was a douche but he really did have amazing hair. I literally imagine he could have gotten two grand for it at one of those places that dyes human hair for wigs.

It looked like this,

Just incredible.

i feel like at that point if you aren't developing a fighting style based around your haircut you're just wasting your potential

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the only prerequisite for a relationship I have is that the person is alive in some way and allows me to post on SA 24/7

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ok this one is worth posting in full

quote:

Okay, so this is quite a long story sorry. I have a girlfriend, we’ve been together now for 7 years. There were lots of problems during the relationship but we’ve always loved each other and always succeeded to work out or issues. About three months ago there was a huge fight, we didn’t speak to each other for a month and we both thought this was really the end of us. But, we got back together and ever since everything was just great! We promised each other to learn from our mistakes and never treat each other like we used to. To never hurt each other again and always be honest with each other.

Everything was so great that I really started trusting her again and even considered proposing to her soon. Then last week a longtime friend of hers died. She wouldn’t tell me who this person was, she only said that he was like family to her. So obviously I was there for her and tried to support her. I suddenly started having nightmares about her ex-boyfriend, later I found out this was a big sign! About half a year ago I caught her having contact with her ex. It was not just friendly contact, it was about her asking him to please move back in with her as soon as possible, about having children and lots of dirty talk. Plus they called each other constantly! I forgave her and tried to put this behind me and trust her one last time. It seemed like the contact was over until this friend died. She finally told me who the deceased man was and I knew this was also a very good friend of her ex. I can just put my money on it that they are talking again, and that she might be even drawn more towards him because they’re both going to a difficult time. But I didn’t ask her about this. I didn’t because I wanted to show her respect while being in such grief. I wanted her to focus on her friends passing and not bother her with my emotions until she calmed down again.

Last week I had to bring my father to this place because he was very depressed. Bringing him there hurt me a lot but I didn’t bother her to much with my issues like I never do. She’s a person who attracts problems so most of the time I spend being there for her and helping her. I take good care of her and try to be a good man to her. Last night I heard my father tried to commit suicide, luckily he’s al right and getting the help he needs now! I heard this around midnight and didn’t know what to do..my girlfriend had been acting strange to me the whole week (probably because of her ex and the passing of her friend), but I still decided to go to her place because I really needed her for once! I came to her door crying but I heard her having a party. She was there with two boys and some junky girlfriend of hers who I hate and who has the worst influence on her! She opened the door, heard the news and saw me crying. She said she couldn’t let me in because it was a bad time. She pushed me out of her front door and promised to call me asap. She didn’t. The next day I called her because this made me even more sad and also furious! She told me she felt bad for my father but not for me. Not for me because I should’ve been there more for him, she kept saying all these things that made me even feel worse because she was actually implying his suicide attempt was my fault, but it’s not! I don’t have a lot of contact with my father, true. But this is because of things that happened that are not my fault. Still I always take care of him when he’s in trouble and try to visit when I can.

She really broke my heart..I would never to that to anyone, let alone my partner of 7 years! Now she doesn’t call me, doesn’t speak to me. I don’t know what to do..I love her very much but there have been to many red flags now! I feel like she doesn’t even love me. If she would how could she treat me like this in times of pain while I’m always there for her? What should I do?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Zzulu posted:

the only prerequisite for a relationship I have is that the person is alive in some way and allows me to post on SA 24/7

Same, but I'm willing to negotiate on the whole "alive" thing

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Charles Get-Out posted:

My lounge blanket is an afghan my folks bought off a beach in Morocco in the 1970s. I took it and have been using it constantly for 2 decades. Ancient blankets are the best.

This is true. My parents still use an acrylic blanket on their bed which was from Yugoslavia that my grandparents bought them in the 1970s. It's hilariously incongruous with the rest of their stuff, but who cares? They like it. The aesthetic of crap made in 1970s Yugoslavia is awesome.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

jesus fuckin h christ

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Zelder posted:

i feel like at that point if you aren't developing a fighting style based around your haircut you're just wasting your potential

Guilty Gear has a character with bio weapon hair. She smashes.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Well that relationship is over

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

if a dog could write and also have serious relationship problems it would look exactly like this

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm continually shocked that people are in relationships so long. 7 years, I've seen up to 10 or more in this thread without getting married. That's crazy to me. I've never met or heard of a woman that would let a relationship go 3+ years without a bigger commitment. Who are these people?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
been with my gf since like 2009/2010 and we're not married

not planning on kids either

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Murder.

And yes, that's a murder her. See, I'm fair :colbert:.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'm continually shocked that people are in relationships so long. 7 years, I've seen up to 10 or more in this thread without getting married. That's crazy to me. I've never met or heard of a woman that would let a relationship go 3+ years without a bigger commitment. Who are these people?

Wife and I dated for 5 years, I proposed, we got married 5 years after that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if anything I can't believe people (esp in their early 20s) rush headlong into marriage so quickly

Pick posted:

Murder.

yeah normally im pretty stable but if that was me and that was my gf and she was having a party unbeknownst to me and shooed me out when i showed up crying bc of an attempted family suicide...

lol the cops are prolly gonna get called by the end of that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

pelo

I [32F] have a bit of a disagreement with my husband [34M] over his beard.

The gross, overgrown beard is a loving plague here in Portland, and I hate hate hate hate hate it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like beards

but only on dwarfs and wizards

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Demon Of The Fall posted:

A guy who had been dating his previous gf for 8 years with no engagement wanted me to be his next gf and there's no way I would given his absolutely intense avoidance of anything resembling commitment.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

The gross, overgrown beard is a loving plague here in Portland, and I hate hate hate hate hate it.

gotta keep your beard clean and your mustache trimmed and most dudes with long beards do neither. :barf:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
black dudes usually look better in beards too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Some people also don't care for marriage

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Pick posted:

Murder.

But we don't know her side of the sto......

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm guessing it's an anti-depressant and these questions always piss me off because the partner, of I've noticed it's mostly guys, act like their partner is completely flippant about the fact they've gained weight.

Trust me, they know, and they feel like poo poo about it.

I'd need an anti-depressant if I were with that dickhead.

But yeah, most women are extremely cognizant of their weight, it's not like we need to be reminded when we're up 5lbs, we loving know.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pick posted:

I'd need an anti-depressant if I were with that dickhead.

But yeah, most women are extremely cognizant of their weight, it's not like we need to be reminded when we're up 5lbs, we loving know.

Yeah, his concern is valid if she put on like, 50lbs in a short span, but i would bet its like 10lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't there a really sweet beard story where the girlfriend confronted her boyfriend about his long nasty beard and he was all "don't you remember when I promised your dead grandpa that I'd marry you when my beard was as along as his" and so he shaved and they got engaged?