Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

Bf [28M] is obsessed with being funny on snapchat. He's been wearing my [26F] lingerie in "skits"[new]

Yeah. Basically this started when our relationship got to the point where I was leaving clothes over at his place. I left a red lace bodysuit and I wasn't able to come visit him for about a week to pick it up so I guess he took interest in it. He put it on, (stretched it out too), sent me snaps and made a snap story. He did this a couple times over the week so he put it on and took it off multiple times. After the first time it stopped being funny.

Became really weird. He asked me to wear more lingerie and I brought a blue babydoll over with the intent of yknow, getting some.
But! The next day we were lounging around together and yep he put it on then sent snaps to his fellow 30 year old male friends. He's always been into making snap stories and the inside jokes he has with his friends and I've never had interest in cutting in on that even though I don't think anything they do with each other is all that funny. He's done little skits with stuffed animals and stuff. He used to talk about how if he was younger when vine came out he couldve been famous.

But this is really weird and a turn off. This isnt stuffed animals acting like theyre snorting coke. He specifically asked me to leave my lingerie there and to bring him more. I don't know what to do. Im not going to bring him any more but still has the two sets. I told him it's kind of weird and not that funny the 20th time he does it but he keeps saying it's funny and his friends like it. His friends also send each pictures of their poop so...that's their sense of humor I guess...but this is all drying my downstairs up like the Sahara. I'm so ridiculously turned off. I don't know what to do.

Tl;dr: bf jacked my lingerie for comedy purposes. I've never been more turned off but his friends find it funny so he doesn't want to stop. Idk what to do..

Jesus just take him to Victoria's secret with you and get some stuff in his size.

edit to add comment:

quote:

He's made himself sick with taco bell and white castle just so he could send his friends the grossest pictures possible :/
I tried to not judge him but it is very disgusting and immature. I just don't have many male friends so I had no idea if this is typical

What's his SA username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

La Brea Carpet posted:

Jesus just take him to Victoria's secret with you and get some stuff in his size.

edit to add comment:

What's his SA username

Maybe I'm a judgmental harpy or whatever, but I feel like it'd be really hard for me to stay in a relationship with a dude whose idea of humor is "eat enough White Castle to get hideous diarrhea, snapchat to send to friends," even before he started ruining my clothes for a joke. Like, it would frankly be more workable if it turned out this was because he had a fetish/some gender issues to work through, rather than just being terminally unfunny and juvenile.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

To be fair, any amount of White Castle is enough to give you hideous diarrhea

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Antivehicular posted:

Maybe I'm a judgmental harpy or whatever, but I feel like it'd be really hard for me to stay in a relationship with a dude whose idea of humor is "eat enough White Castle to get hideous diarrhea, snapchat to send to friends," even before he started ruining my clothes for a joke. Like, it would frankly be more workable if it turned out this was because he had a fetish/some gender issues to work through, rather than just being terminally unfunny and juvenile.

Yeah, he's a manchild. Don't date manchildren.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Imagine being this lovely

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

edit to add comment:

What's his SA username

Lady, your boyfriend is into crossdressing. He's just playing it off as being wacky.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lonely Virgil posted:

Lady, your boyfriend is into crossdressing. He's just playing it off as being wacky.

Ah, an optimist.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Antivehicular posted:

Lonely Virgil posted:

It being a fetish or gender issues made more sense until that stuff about White Castle. I mean, maybe he's also just a man-child in general.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

timefly posted:

Yep. Even with some guys I've dated who have rich/well-connected parents, they'd ask what my parents do and I'd say "my dad's in QA/disabled and my mom's a lab tech" and they'd be skeeved out and tell him to stay away from me or whatever. We were pretty solidly middle class.

It doesn't even just get limited to dating. I was poor as hell growing up and had rich friends, their parents loving hated me and didn't even try to disguise it. I never asked for anything, never went anywhere with anyone unless I could pay for myself. But they always acted like I was trash and it was the worst. I stopped hanging out with one friend when his mother straight up told me I was "disgusting and filthy" during a sleep over. I was a clean kid, I didn't wear lovely clothes or anything. I was just poor.

quote:

I [38F] have sort of become friends with a criminal investigator [30's-40'sM] who was assigned to my kid's abuse case, and not sure if it's weird.

Early last year my child disclosed to me that they had been abused by a family member (by marriage) who resides in another state. I reported it to the police in my city, who then forwarded the report to the state where my child's abuser lives. An investigator with the state troopers was assigned to our case. For the sake of keeping it brief I'll call him Joe.

The family member/abuser was arrested last July and was denied bail. At this time the DA has made an offer, which he turned down and we are all just waiting to see if it's going to go to trial or not.

Joe gave me his personal cell phone number the first time I talked to him. At first all the calls and texts were strictly about the case. After the abuser was arrested, the relationship between Joe and I started to change. We still talk about the case a lot, but we spend a lot of time gossiping about various family members who have had contact with the abuser since the arrest. Joe listens to all of the calls he makes from jail and tells me what they are talking about. I tell Joe about conversations I have with them as well. Sometimes we talk about sports, our kids (he has an 11 yo son), politics, and other random topics. We text each other and/or talk on the phone 2-3 times a week at least. We wish each other happy holidays. He talks about hoping to meet me and my kid some day (we've never met in person, everything has been over the phone so far) He's said several times that he doesn't usually take this level of interest in his victims and their families. Sometimes he tells me stuff about his other cases.

I probably talk to Joe as much as I do my closest family members, and more than any of my friends. I'm worried about what's going to happen when this trial is over. Are we still going to be friends? Are we actually friends now? Is he violating professional boundaries and could he get in trouble for it?

For whatever it's worth, my kid thinks all of this is pretty weird. I think it's a little weird too, but having someone "on the inside" who is willing and able to give me a whole bunch of info has gotten sort of addicting, plus I just enjoy talking to him. He's funny, and a pretty cool person.
tl;dr: I've become friends with the person investigating my child's abuser and I have weird feels about it.
:eyepop: Jesus. Sure, lady. It's not weird at all to gossip about horrifying child abuse like it was your neighbor's weird love affair.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

It being a fetish or gender issues made more sense until that stuff about White Castle. I mean, maybe he's also just a man-child in general.

He's into scat too.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

what kind of ingrate bitches on Reddit about getting to date Divine

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: Jesus. Sure, lady. It's not weird at all to gossip about horrifying child abuse like it was your neighbor's weird love affair.

Isn't that what this entire thread is about? :colbert:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Beekeeping and You posted:

Isn't that what this entire thread is about? :colbert:

They're not our kids though.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [32M] he feels ''lied'' to, because I never told him my ex was a different race

I date a lot of white women and I like yo think that, somehow, this one is about me

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I am really not sure how to feel about this one other than the dude sounds pretty unprofessional

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I hope that, through my actions and deeds, I'm causing distress for crazy white racists all over the nation. That's really all you can ask for in life

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah if it was overt racism or something it would almost make sense but the way the op wrote it as "they hate her because her family died" just seems so off the wall I just can't wrap my head around it.

Rich people don't respect poor people.

... you fool :smug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zelder posted:

I hope that, through my actions and deeds, I'm causing distress for crazy white racists all over the nation. That's really all you can ask for in life

I was friends with a black guy in college and though we didn't date whoooooooooo boy when we were out doing stuff you'd get Some Looks.

Racist: *sees blonde woman with black man* *immediately and furiously imagines that black man's incredible whopper of a penis thrusting, nay, slamming into her pussy with manly grace neither he nor any other white man could ever match* *votes*

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

Racist: *sees blonde woman with black man* *immediately and furiously imagines that black man's incredible whopper of a penis thrusting, nay, slamming into her pussy with manly grace neither he nor any other white man could ever match* *votes*

Go on...

E: My wife's black, I'm hispanic but pass for white. Most we've ever gotten was a "You go, girl." from another black girl while walking in the mall.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what kind of ingrate bitches on Reddit about getting to date Divine

:master:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Go on...

E: My wife's black, I'm hispanic but pass for white. Most we've ever gotten was a "You go, girl." from another black girl while walking in the mall.

I assume it also depends on where you live, I was in the south so :shrug:.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Batterypowered7 posted:

Go on...

Me and my fiance both have black mothers. Several people thought we were siblings.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"unspoken assumptions"

quote:

How do I (23/M) deal with unfounded anger toward a married coworker (25/F) who I have no reason to still have feelings for...[new]
submitted 2 hours ago by throwaway23347

Long story short.
I work in a male dominated field with a few females mixed in. The coworker in question came to work for us 1.5 years ago, and she has breezed through training and gotten accolades from the horny men around her through no fault of her own. She is treated 10x better than anyone else in her position. She has an outgoing and flirtatious personality. Pretty sure almost every guy above us in seniority has a crush of some sort on her.

So I've liked her for a long time. Not like the crushes over a pretty face like most of my work, but because she is eerily similar to me and thats hard to find in a chick. Always put it to the back of my mind because she's married and I wouldn't ever do anything. Not a hint of feelings for her, hell, I avoid her at times so I don't get caught up in my emotions. I've had an inkling she felt something towards me, but again, back of my mind, and I made our contact minimal

So prior near the end of October, things got weird. She started coming on strong. Randomly trying to talk to me. Making weird remarks about how she loved working with me, or how she hasn't seen me all day (we work in a very tiny building... We see each other plenty, I just avoid talking to her). Staring at me randomly, at times with puppy eyes that I've only ever seen on girls who had big crushes on me. Constantly catching my eyes and touching me when talking. (To be fair she touches people when she talks to them like its nothing)

I was real confused. She had some red flags in the past like (drunk?) texts to another coworker that were suggestive, but I figured she would never cheat. And then I found out her husband was flying back home across the country and taking one of their pets. She told everyone he was just going home for Thanksgiving and for medical treatment (he has a kidney disease), but I learned from a coworker she is closest to (platonic as can be) that they were teetering on the edge of divorce and he needed space.

This was not okay by me. I don't try and get some chick who is STILL MARRIED because her relationship is in a bad place. So I avoided her even more, gave her a cold shoulder, hoping that despite how badly I wanted to flirt back and be something more with her, that she would go back to her husband and deal with that situation. I think I almost brought her to tears by how badly I acted like I didn't care about her advances or her.

And then she moved on to our supervisor that has been barking up her tree for a long time. Idk how it started. She probably flirted with him and he jumped at the bit, and next thing you know they are finding excuses to be with together at work, outside of work, found multiple times looking like they were about to kiss but they played it off, etc. It was clear they were becoming inappropriate.

At the end of November, she then took her husband back, with her thing with the supervisor lingering. We got out of work early and she spent 3 hours having a pitcher of beer with him instead of spending time with her husband who had just got back. Only 3 hours cause she interestingly went home around the time we usually got off work.

So I think that affair(?) has died down even though he still obviously wants her but their interactions are toned down. Maybe its because people started asking questions about their relationship and they are more discreet? Idk.
She now wears her wedding ring (rarely did before she got back with her husband) and I guess they are back to being good? Idk. She's said he's more like a roommate than a lover since she starting working her and wouldn't care if he cheated on her cause she would just move on easily. Idk wtf that relationship is.

So now that I gave all that context, I would like someone to tell me why I am so mad and resent her so much right now? I don't want to talk to her, or see her. She will try and joke around with me and I'll just leave ASAP. She will randomly squeeze my bicep while talking to me, and I just want to tell her to stop touching me.

She recently genuinely pissed me off by telling said supervisor that I dislike him (a friend of mine told her that while drunk so she thought it a good idea to tell him) and it made things really awkward. To be fair, I do hate him. He's a womanizer douchebag who treats me like I'm a lesser being than him, and hosed the girl I like when she was vulnerable on the brink of a divorce. She got the feeling I was mad at her and asked her friend why I'm mad and explained she was just trying to help resolve our differences and she really hates that I'm mad at her cause she really likes me. My friend gave extra emphasis on the really likes me part but I just told him whatever and changed the subject. This is a road to nowhere good.

Idk what to do anymore. Idk why the gently caress I still have a crush on this train wreck of a girl. But she still wants me around and gets upset when I dodge her. WHY CANT SHE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE WHEN SHE ALREADY HAS A GUY. makes work annoying and pisses me off. I'm about to ask for a change to a different department but that's a messy process and a last resort.

Sorry if this is incoherent, on sleepy and angry. Bad mix.

TL;DR married girl I like almost got divorced. Started hitting on me before she actually got divorced, I did not reciprocate her flirting, so she got hurt and started a discreet relationship with our supervisor. She is now back with her husband, still works with our supervisor who clearly favorites her and wants her, and I'm pissed because I hate feeling like I lost out somehow by being a moral person. She still tries to flirt with me as well and that pisses me off more even though I like her.

Hey jackass McDouchecanoe, maybe she's not flirting. maybe she's a nice person. what the gently caress would you know about this.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I find it so tiresome and, frankly, insulting how all these random women want me for my hot body and amazing cock, a fact which they signal by making eye contact

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] of 4 years, her new group expects her to exploit herself sometimes

u/oddfeelingabout20m

My wife was recruited into a national women's group by her good friend. It was a long process. I don't know much about these kind of groups, but it's kind of like freemasonry but for women, not totally but similar. Members span a lot of age ranges, mostly middle class and above, mostly white, like 99% I would say.

They do a lot of good work for charity and do things like scholarships for female students and minorities. They do fundraising and other things also. My wife went from skeptical about it when her friend approached her (partly because she knew nothing about it), to being really into it and "inspired" by the women she meets at events and meetings. I thought it was good for her and I guess I still do. One concern was she is younger than most, but not all, for example her friend is younger. I also worry she was desired in part for not being the typical recruit, though I know that is not the only reason.

To give a demonstration about her change of heart, my wife was always a religious skeptic and now she is talking about joining a church that is common among the membership. It is a mellow denomination, I have no issue with it, it's just a change. She has also started to dress differently suddenly though her past style was always very particular to her, and she got a drastically different haircut that I think is common in the group also, or more so than what she had. More professional looking and businessy.

I am able to attend maybe 1/10 of the functions. This is partly work and partly many are women only. Okay so the functions attended by husbands that I have missed often segregate by gender anyway, which is weird to me. I went to a couple of them that were both men and women, but some men show up to single gender events and do things like watch games in a given room with a bar, tv, etc. But I missed many more including all of the past 3 months so I am not 100% on all of it.

During that time my wife has come somehow to be expected to take care of the men who do show up. I mean as a group. She does cleanup and brings beverages to that room, chats them up and so on. Supposedly this is a rotating duty but she has done something like the last 4 out of 5 or more. I am not sure of that but pretty sure.

We talked about it and she said she doesn't know when others do it, when she can expect that, or why it is usually her to do it. There are newer members, plenty, who have never done it and many older ones never have as far as we know, though others have different responsibilities to be fair. I had also wondered if it was about clothing or her looks and I think this may be part of it. When I asked her friend, who we know well for long while, if she had ever done this job or whatever, she gestured to herself laughing and said "no they don't want this, they want that" and pointed up and down at my wife, claiming then that she was just kidding. She thought it was funny and I guess it is but also not really, they laughed together at it, but they are friends and I don't think she knows that this has been a thing for us.

So this led to me talking to my wife again, she agreed with my concerns and said she would talk to someone, this was at least before the new year. Then Saturday afternoon she went out again, same duty for a late lunch and then drinks after, and I feel like she has settled into the role. I could not be there as usual and it is genuinely not an option for a while.

I have no reason to judge that anyone has done anything wrong or disrespectful at all, their wives are there at least in the building. But it feels odd to me and unfair too. I worry also about calendared events that could make this more out in the open. And I don't want to be creating a conflict between either my wife and the group, or with her friend, but I feel like the group has let down its stated ideals if I am right about this, and also I think her friend is supposed to be guiding her and instead is letting this go on, though again she may not know it is an issue. I suppose I'm the problem if my wife is okay with it or accepting it.

So if my wife is fine with this for now, is that it? If I have an issue, is there an issue or does my opinion not matter? What else could I do?

tl;dr: My wife has joined a women's group that is charitable in nature and also social. It is a national group. I feel like she has been asked to exploit herself by being a liaison to men when they attend some events. But I worry also that I am creating a problem by complaining about it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

I assume it also depends on where you live, I was in the south so :shrug:.

Florida, which is the south and not the south all at the same time.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

"unspoken assumptions"

Hey jackass McDouchecanoe, maybe she's not flirting. maybe she's a nice person. what the gently caress would you know about this.

The touching people when she's talking to them thing is weird. I can see where he'd be getting mixed signals, seriously, it would be hard for me to interpret somebody groping my bicep as them "just being nice"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 23, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Really though? I was at a work event last week and I was talking with a lady who would occasionally touch my hands when we were discussing stuff. She just came across to me as really friendly. I tend to touch people on the arm though so I'm sorry to all the frustrated men I've lead on

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
For some people a little touch here and there is part of their communication but yeah, it's usually a big sign that some one is interested

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Really though? I was at a work event last week and I was talking with a lady who would occasionally touch my hands when we were discussing stuff. She just came across to me as really friendly. I tend to touch people on the arm though so I'm sorry to all the frustrated men I've lead on

That seems really weird to me but then again I'm Finnish and our concept of personal space is this

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My (32/F) husband (36/M) is having an affair with his step-sister (38/F).

It's as crazy as it sounds.

They had a thing when they were teenagers. It lasted a few months, just before step-sister went off to college. We'll call her Angie, and we'll call my husband Brad. Anyway, they hooked up when he was 15 and she was 17. They met around that time. Their parents were both divorcees, and they married each other and merged their households within a year of dating. It all happened very quickly. Given how old Brad and Angie were, and how sudden the change was, the hormones were ~ablaze and they didn't have a strong enough bond with their parents to talk it out and get some space/perspective.

Anyway, Brad apparently didn't have feelings for her. He said it was just attraction for him. But since he lost his virginity to her, and she him, they were somewhat bonded anyway. Besides the whole their parents being married thing.

Fast forward to university. Brad is in grad school and I'm getting my undergrad. We meet in the student union building, both of us there to file complaints about the campus bus schedule, and how there's always a delay. He strikes up conversation with me after we're both ignored by the lady at the front desk, we exchange email addresses so we can talk on AIM (lol) and we started dating shortly after that. I was 21 and he was 25. The maturity gap was pretty significant, but I'd like to think I had managed to hold my own in front of his friends. We soon found ourselves in a serious relationship. It was my second serious relationship and his third. Our relationship went through the test of long distance when I went away for a semester abroad in HK. We survived, and once I finally graduated, we moved in together in a cozy little one-bedroom. I went to grad school shortly after that, he proposed, and we had a cute wedding ceremony at my parents' lake house.

Since then we've welcomed two beautiful twins into our lives. A boy and a girl. They're only 3 years old, but they're growing up fast.

Kind of a cute story, right?

Well, Brad is away on business right now. And I found out through a friend that he went to dinner with Angie while she was in town a few nights ago. My friend is a chef, and he works at the restaurant where Brad and Angie allegedly met up. My friend has never seen Angie so he wasn't sure if she was a colleague or a family member (lol). He's a close friend so he shot me a text almost right away, and said Brad was at the restaurant with a "suspicious redhead". I trust this friend. That said, I still asked for a photograph. He managed to snap one. I recognized Angie right away, thanked my friend and told him I would take it from there.

Now, I've only ever trusted Brad. He was very honest with me about the Angie situation. He told me they used to hook up when they were teenagers, almost as soon as we started dating. We were telling each other about our first times (because that's a thing college kids do, I guess) and he let me know his first time was enjoyable but regretful at the same time. The regret felt very genuine. As if, as an adult, he had come to the realization that hooking up with a step-sibling is fine in terms of relation, but also detrimental because there's no way to escape the person when it's over. You'll have to see them at every family gathering and be reminded of what transpired, even after you have both moved on. I could kind of relate. I lost my virginity to a slightly older family friend when I was in my senior year of hs. And it was intensely awkward for quite some time.

That said, Brad and I have built a life together. A very solid one. Our kids are our everything. We have a beautiful home, thriving careers, and a consistent sex life.

I've met Angie a total of three times. Always over the holidays. She moved to London, married an Englishman, started a family with him and hasn't been home to Vancouver in quite some time now.

To my knowledge, Brad doesn't speak to her anymore. They say hi if they see each other at family gatherings, but other than that, they're just living their lives separately. At least I thought. When I heard he was out to dinner with a "suspicious redhead" I just knew it was her. Something about Brad had felt off leading up to it. He was oddly quiet around me. And when he came home from dinner, I asked him how the meeting had gone (because he told me he was in a meeting, not out to dinner with his step-sister). He maintained the lie, told me the meeting went well, showered, kissed our kids good night, kissed me good night (on the forehead) and then went to bed. I knew that he was going on a business trip very soon, so I played the part until he left. I drove him to the airport, wished him a safe trip, and spent my entire Saturday digging for evidence.

Needless to say I found some. I searched for Angie on Instagram, found a snapshot of the dessert they serve at my friend's restaurant, further confirming that she was the "suspicious redhead" with Brad that night, and I also found her husband's Instagram tagged in one of their photos together. Both of their profiles were publicly viewable, to my luck. I went on her husband's profile and I found out that he thought she was in Toronto, when in reality she was in Vancouver ... where Brad and I and the rest of their family are from. I want to say he's daft for not knowing where his wife flew off to, but he's married to her ... and he probably has no reason to distrust her. More than anything, I empathize with the guy.

Strike number one. Angie lied to her husband, and Brad lied to me.

Brad went for a business trip to San Francisco. I know for a fact he's actually there for work-related reasons, but for my own sanity, I had to know if Angie was with him. Maybe the plan was for them to shack up in his hotel room together? I wasn't sure and I didn't want to leap to conclusions or clue him into the fact that I had caught on. I waited until it was night, put the twins to bed, and called my younger sister over. She's 25, gorgeous, and very supportive.

We stayed up until one o'clock in the morning, mostly talking, trying to figure out the next move. It was late, and I figured if Angie wasn't with Brad in San Francisco, then she was back at home in London w/ her husband and kids. I popped onto her Instagram again, and found that she posted another photo. This time it was of her kids, and she captioned it saying how much she misses them and how badly she wants this week to be over so she can give them hugs and kisses.

Sure you do, Angie.

Strike Number Two. Angie's business trip to "Toronto" was magically scheduled to end on the same day as Brad's trip to San Francisco.

My sister then flexed her internet sleuth muscles and tracked the location of Angie's latest Instagram post. San Francisco. Anyone surprised? No? Neither was I. So they're away on holiday together. How cute. Their chemistry must be through the roof now that they've reunited with each other behind their SO's backs. Disgusting.

Strike Number Three. They're together ... as I type this.

I googled Angie's workplace to see if they have a location in that part of California at all, just to make sure, and they don't. She's definitely there because of Brad.

The next day, Brad called me via FaceTime to see the kids and catch up on our day to day. I let him speak with them shortly, and then I asked him about his trip. He told me it's boring, filled with meetings, corporate lunches and dinners, and "nothing to do at the hotel apart from watch Guy Fieri re-runs on The Food Network". Cute. I might've believed that had I not spent the entire night digging for details on his getaway with good ole Angie.

So now I'm sat here, wondering what I should do. The evidence is all there, laid out. If I were advising a friend in the same situation, I'd tell them to grab a lawyer quick and "get their ducks in a row" or whatever the saying is. I know I should do that, and I have a trusted divorce lawyer's contact info right now. I make a comfortable living. I don't have concrete evidence to prove there was infidelity, but in my heart I know he's cheating on me with her. Probably as I type this. I could easily win custody of the kids. He and I work the same hours, but he's usually too tired to spend time with them. As much time as I do anyway. When I'm away on business, we leave the kids with their maternal grandparents because Brad is usually too scatterbrained to know how to look after them. Until recently, he had trouble telling them apart.

I want to be petty and arrange for room service to deliver a heart-shaped "siblings forever" cake to Brad's hotel room, but I know I shouldn't. I should get the legal stuff out of the way, and present him with divorce papers the second he's back (a la Katie Holmes). The kids don't need him. I don't need him. In any case, this sucks, and I haven't slept a wink all night. For some reason I feel humiliated. I feel like I walked into this situation. When I first met Brad and he told me about his step-sister situation, I told my university roommate what was going on, and she told me to bail from that ship like it was the Titanic. But I stayed. And now I feel like I'm paying the price for my stupid decision. Obviously, two very good things have come from our sinking ship of a marriage. Our kids. But it still hurts. And I still feel as if I've made a huge mistake. I gave an entire decade of my life to him. More than decade.

He's coming back in three days. I want to figure out what I should do before he's back. I don't want to give him a second to talk me out of it, because I know he's going to try, and drat it, I'm weak.

Help me, internet people. I'll take whatever you can give me. Advice, stories of your own failed marriages, how you coped, anything. Oh and I know I shouldn't, but I'm tempted to shoot Angie's husband a quick message. Poor guy probably has no idea. I won't do it, but I'm tempted. VERY TEMPTED.

tl;dr They used to hook up when they were teenagers. They're officially hooking up again. Probably shacked up together in his hotel room while he's away on business right now. He doesn't know that I know. I want to get everything sorted before he's back. I know what I should do, and I'm more than capable of raising our kids by myself, but I'm scared. And sad. And weak. And sad.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Andrast posted:

That seems really weird to me but then again I'm Finnish and our concept of personal space is this

Ah the cold civility of Scandinavia.

I wonder if it has something to do the fact we're both women.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pick posted:

So I've liked her for a long time. Not like the crushes over a pretty face like most of my work, but because she is eerily similar to me and thats hard to find in a chick.

I love that this dude thinks if he were a female chick, he'd be the kind of chick that's a hot piece that gets all the men's boners up and wobbling, because they'll all want a piece of his groovy chick rear end.

Even better is when he's like "I think she's having an affair(?) with the jock supervisor I hate but I not actually sure, but IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH HE hosed THE CHICK I LOVE"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i honestly do not get cheating.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i honestly do not get cheating.

Sex with new people is exciting. Being desired by someone other than your partner is exciting. Successfully hiding an affair is exciting.

It's not hard to get.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

La Brea Carpet posted:

1.) Dude is a shithead and the chick is awesome
2.) Do the math on when they started dating....

I didn't read the ages at the beginning. I actually did,"ew" out loud when I scrolled back up to check.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
That step sister one has waaaaaay too much extraneous detail. Why would she describe her younger sister as gorgeous?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

It depends on the context and how often you do it but, yeah, it's really not normal to enter somebody's physical space and engage them directly. Additionally, a lot of people really don't like being randomly touched so this is a weirdly invasive and kind of rude thing to do, besides.

VanSandman posted:

That step sister one has waaaaaay too much extraneous detail. Why would she describe her younger sister as gorgeous?

Respect and gratitude for being there for her when she needed her.

It's the same thing as if it were a man posting it and he said "I called my brother up, he's 25 and he's a bad rear end motherfucker"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My workplace training has always stressed not touching any employee under you ever due to possible implications. I sat through one that literally recommended only handshakes and hi fives, and that to be extra sure to only do that whennother coworkers were present and that touching a coworkers arm as described above could be grounds for sexual harassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

You were both women; it seems weird to men because male friendships have little/none of the comraderie or emotional (and non-sexual but physical) intimacy that women seem often to have. We've all seen the back-pat-tough-bro-hug that is all that many men feel comfortable doing