Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Uncle Wemus posted:

goon democrats would rather troll each other out of enthusiasm than support something

how dare you, im not a democrat :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

actually I've been hearing good things from inanimate carbon rod

in rod i trust

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

in rod i trust

buttigieg/rod 2020

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-hGCeC4mag

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVS_BRvlUbY

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

sisyphus has it better.

you know why? a giant fuckoff boulder can only do one thing: roll in the direction of least resistance.

but i have to deal with people. and do you know what people can do? get loving improvisational in the new and fascinating ways they can frustrate.

the tennessee democrats are like the dizzy gillespie orchestra of incompetence and inertia.

imo you should probably email loving everybody, up to and including the chair of the tennessee democrats

in my personal experience the best way to get someone to respond to an email is to CC their boss, then their boss's boss, and just keep escalating until they suddenly become really motivated to hear all about your questions

don't worry about being rude, just blast the whole org with emails. there's gotta be someone with motivation

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

heres everything i remember from the debates (not even ads, just debates):

and you know what i remember from the ads?

"trump trump trump trump trump trump trump"

no explanation as to why his ideas were bad, no refutation, no nothing. just soundbytes set to sad music while we look at images of children and veterans looking concerned.

jesus gently caress i absolutely cannot understand how anyone in this shitfelching, jizzstained political party tries to defend her.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

no explanation as to why his ideas were bad, no refutation, no nothing. just soundbytes set to sad music while we look at images of children and veterans looking concerned.

jesus gently caress i absolutely cannot understand how anyone in this shitfelching, jizzstained political party tries to defend her.

seriously, any other event and she's be gone and blacklisted.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Paineframe posted:

imo you should probably email loving everybody, up to and including the chair of the tennessee democrats

in my personal experience the best way to get someone to respond to an email is to CC their boss, then their boss's boss, and just keep escalating until they suddenly become really motivated to hear all about your questions

don't worry about being rude, just blast the whole org with emails. there's gotta be someone with motivation

here's where i'm being pessimistic: if there was motivation to win, the state party would not have let as many seats go uncontested as they have. and i legitimately believe that putting everyone and anyone in the party on blast would only give them all the more reason to clam up and hem and haw and yank my chain even more.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

she paid money to play trump's greatest hits over and over

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hey Bad Dems time to get kicked out of office by Bernie Bros and other real progressives:
https://berniesanders.com/bernie-sanders-loyalists-taking-democratic-party-one-county-office-time/

People are finally realizing that supporting incompetent third way centrists is not going to change things.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

Hey Bad Dems time to get kicked out of office by Bernie Bros and other real progressives:
https://berniesanders.com/bernie-sanders-loyalists-taking-democratic-party-one-county-office-time/

People are finally realizing that supporting incompetent third way centrists is not going to change things.

Janet Hook is an awesome name

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

:911: Hell yea

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

instinct towards self-preservation.

that, and i would at least like to stay alive until i know the caress of a woman, but i honestly don't know if it's even worth it anymore after today

It's overrated, but you could do a road trip to vegas and get a hooker like people have been doing for millennia.

I'd move to cali for single payer and I'm healthy. Just wanna stay alive to watch the world burn.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

bad dems gonna put perez in chair lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

jarofpiss posted:

bad dems gonna put perez in chair lol

The party decides

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

got any sevens posted:

It's overrated, but you could do a road trip to vegas and get a hooker like people have been doing for millennia.

true, but i've always wanted to go to vegas for a game or two of craps.

...the game with the dice and field bets, i mean. it certainly wasn't meant to be some strange sexual euphemism.

good heavens, of course i meant the dice game.

(if i made a good enough impression at that audition for the $100,000 pyramid this past saturday, i might be able to win enough money to be able to do that. but i also believe putting down 'i want to get laid' on a contestant application in answering what one would do with the money would be wholly inappropriate and wouldn't endear one to a staff of contestant coordinators composed entirely of women)

totally meant the dice game

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

etalian posted:

it's also the best way to ensure a takeover of the platform, it's pretty surprising how many people until now didn't understand that "participating in government" is actually pretty involving :ohdear:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

here's where i'm being pessimistic: if there was motivation to win, the state party would not have let as many seats go uncontested as they have. and i legitimately believe that putting everyone and anyone in the party on blast would only give them all the more reason to clam up and hem and haw and yank my chain even more.

if they do that then gently caress 'em

run against them or find someone else who's willing to

if motivation's that low, a few motivated people can accomplish quite a bit

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(and for the record, i put down wanting to go to paris to see the locking world championship which is a thing and it's awesome to behold:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkL0zHC_wzQ

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
brokebrains in dis thread

migrate to trump thread and face to bloodshed

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah. i'm good.

i mean, concerned citizen and zaggarmans are shitheels, but at least everybody else itt is cool.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"did you know that hillary clinton wants to make college affordable?"

no, because she never loving talked about it.
She did, she wanted to make it more affordable... to those who open small businesses.

gently caress everyone else though.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and the times i could hear her, it was just plugs for her website.

I love BernieSanders.com!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

if they do that then gently caress 'em

run against them or find someone else who's willing to

if motivation's that low, a few motivated people can accomplish quite a bit

There's usually a fee to get your name on the ballot, so that's when you have to sell out to a rich person, right at the start of your political career :911:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

anime was right posted:

heres everything i remember from the debates (not even ads, just debates):

word salad
This would apply to the rest of the things, as it was the attribute of all of the answers.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Sanders is to Nye as Perez is to Beakman.
Thus Buttigeig is to NDT, but is Ellson still Donatello?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

etalian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The chairman of my local party announced he's resigning. Will be interesting to see what happens.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
whats so good about buttchug

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gringostar posted:

buttigieg will not win

it will be another bad dem that makes backroom deals

republicans will have a supermajority in 2018

trump will win reelection

we will all end up soulless corpses

eat arby's

Don't blame me, I voted Jehmu Greene :smugbert:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

logikv9 posted:

actually I've been hearing good things from inanimate carbon rod
Can't run for president AND be DNC Chair at the same time.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThndrShk2k posted:

Sanders is to Nye as Perez is to Beakman.
Thus Buttigeig is to NDT, but is Ellson still Donatello?

beakman and nye are both cool and good. if anything, sanders is mister wizard and perez is sid the science kid.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Is there a DNC debate thread or are we doing this here?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

lmao nobody clapped for Ellison

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Our revolution, DSA, and multiple progressive groups have sprouted up in my area, a Berniecrat got elected to the local Dem party too. :getin:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If the DNC fucks over Ellison theyre going to die as a party and be replaced by something else that's actually progressive.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Ok

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Ace of Baes posted:

If the DNC fucks over Ellison theyre going to die as a party and be replaced by something else that's actually progressive.
sounds great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

death to centrists

there is no legitimate centrism between fighting for the well-being of the people and literal actual fascism incl. immigrant labor camps and mass ICE gestapo

• Locked thread