Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Drone Jett posted:

I question the thinking of anyone who has the option to have two vanguards charging at the same time and passes.

Always be charging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

epenthesis posted:

And too difficult to give unique characteristics. Your sweet hanar squadmate would be indistinguishable from every other hanar in the franchise. MP eventually got volus so that might happen in SP someday; elcor could probably get some kind of distinctive markings, but they move too slowly to be viable in combat.

Perhaps. Legion was just another Geth but he came out pretty cool.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

elcor power armour mechsuit that lets it move it take actions at normal speed

Hell yeah.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

He also keeps forgetting that his assault rifle has a spool-up time.

At the very least this video pretty much confirms that Peebee is 100% not Sera.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mass Effect fans bash new game as 'fun, playable'.

I like JARVIS SAM.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Trast posted:

I'm not watching it due to it being a loyalty mission but it's good to hear that it was cool.

For what it's worth, the cutscene at the beginning is brief and doesn't really explain anything, and the rest is walking around and combat. I skipped around though, so not sure if there's dialogue going on throughout.

I feel like most of the loyalty missions in the original 3 could be finished in 20-25 minutes, so hopefully them giving away 17 for free here means that they're longer and more involved.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

He also keeps forgetting that his assault rifle has a spool-up time.

At the very least this video pretty much confirms that Peebee is 100% not Sera.

well that's good news then

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trast posted:

It's worth noting that a lot of goons instantly turned on Cora too while just labeling the male character boring.

Why?

Cora is like, the only good human companion they've ever made. Biotic Charging Shotgun bros for life.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Burkion posted:

Why?

Cora is like, the only good human companion they've ever made. Biotic Charging Shotgun bros for life.

I know, right? She sounds like a good military based character that won't be wailing about how aliens look like animals or sweating profusely.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
FIRST playthrough : krogan-turian duo best duo

SECOND playthrough : other alians

THIRD playthrough: HUMAN ROOLS

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pattonesque posted:

reviewers and developers are all notoriously terrible at actually playing games

"I felt like I wasn't using consussive shot much there"(In fact he used it on cooldown)"so I'm going to replace it with a turret, also I'll need to move so I'll equip tactical cloak" (and put it on over overload when I'm fighting robots)

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 28, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is overlard a new ability

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

is overlard a new ability

No, your mom's had it as long as I can remember.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I didn't listen to the audio but the gameplay I saw looked pretty good.

I was surprised there were different animations when going up or down hills.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

speaking of PeeBee, here's 17 minutes of her loyalty mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

I am 17% more excited to play this game, that looks great.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Drone Jett posted:

No, your mom's had it as long as I can remember.

rude

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Definitely seems like they want you moving around a lot more in this one.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Gameplay looked fun as hell, at least that environment was cool looking, scanning looks neat, and PeeBee does not appear to be Sera in space.
Guys, this game might actually be... good?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I only watched the first few seconds of the video, and that's all I needed:

PureRok fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 1, 2017

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Definitely seems like they want you moving around a lot more in this one.

Which the narrator/player completely missed.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

Pattonesque posted:

speaking of PeeBee, here's 17 minutes of her loyalty mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo
Wow that robot voice is pretty hard to understand for me.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

PureRok posted:

https://s1.webmshare.com/8yDjr.webm

I can't wait to entirely remake femryder and be disappointed by the lack of options.

It's kind of unreal how everyone else looks pretty great, minus grog complaints about them being too human, and then there's femryder, with a face like an icebreaking ship.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Yeah that looks good, except for the IGN guy being totally clueless, which is usually the case with their videos.

Didn't they say somewhere that each party member with have several loyalty missions this time, instead of just 1?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how the only casual option in ME2 that isn't Cerberus branded is this random brown piece of poo poo with what appears to be a collar.

Ah yes, the "space farmer" ensemble. For those moments when you need to look like a 12th century peasant except with space age buckles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The IGN guy is pretty terrible but fortunately 50,000 people did not get to see me repeatedly fail a basic platform jump in Horizon Zero Dawn for 5 minutes this morning.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

PureRok posted:

https://s1.mp4share.com/8yDjr.webm

I can't follow the link, but I can guess its Sara's weird surprised look at the beginning. And yeah, that was like the only part of the video I didn't like.

Which is disappointing, cause there are shots out there where she looks good to me, and I played mainly male!Shep so I wanted to play as Sis!Ryder this time.

Edit:
But if this were a scene in the original trilogy, I bet they would be stone faced neutral throughout that scene

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 28, 2017

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's cool they have sara in the marketing materials, and not even as part of a beauty contest

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
saras just vibin with quaaludes all time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groetgaffel posted:

Gameplay looked fun as hell, at least that environment was cool looking, scanning looks neat, and PeeBee does not appear to be Sera in space.
Guys, this game might actually be... good?

:eyepop:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

saras just vibin with quaaludes all time

Being Pathfinder puts you under a lot of stress, especially when you're only 22 years old

Gotta take the edge off somehow

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So is SAM going to be backseat gaming the entire game, or...?

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

ijyt posted:

So is SAM going to be backseat gaming the entire game, or...?

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/836642652019900416

I was annoyed by that as well but hopefully it only comes up once in a while.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PureRok posted:

https://s1.mp4share.com/8yDjr.webm

yeah, the game play looked interesting/fun, even with the polygon level playing skill. but holy poo poo fem ryder looks awful. like the face would be kinda cute/ok if it wenrnt for the holy poo poo levels of uncanny valley.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Being Pathfinder puts you under a lot of stress, especially when you're only 22 years old

Maybe the Arks have huge hydroponic bays...

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, the game play looked interesting/fun, even with the polygon level playing skill. but holy poo poo fem ryder looks awful. like the face would be kinda cute/ok if it wenrnt for the holy poo poo levels of uncanny valley.

There is a holy poo poo level of throwing around the phrase uncanny valley as a nerdfactual basis for "criticism" ITT. It's ok not to like the look; it's ok not to like things. Your opinions do not need to use scientific terms or phrases to be your legitimate defensible opinions. The actual uncanny valley, when people can find evidence of it in studies, is closer to "very ill/walking corpse" look than it is to "kind of cartoonish face."

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm holding faint hope the faces will be better since they said the video was from a pre-release build

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

SgtSteel91 posted:

*622 years old.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BrianWilly posted:

I liked the baby Reaper. If I had my way more things in this series would look like Gradius bosses.

:agreed:

Also I forgot how proud Bioware was of their homage to Tetsuo: The Iron Man in ME1. I just did two missions in an order that resulted in me being shown that drat NIN video twice in a row, once by the Asari on Feros and then immediately afterwards Liara does the exact same thing. The definition of "scientist" is apparently "repeats the same experiment twice expecting a different result".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
PB-1138 looks like she will be literally the intersection of Merrill and Sera so hold onto your butts for some quality goon hate.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

homullus posted:

There is a holy poo poo level of throwing around the phrase uncanny valley as a nerdfactual basis for "criticism" ITT. It's ok not to like the look; it's ok not to like things. Your opinions do not need to use scientific terms or phrases to be your legitimate defensible opinions. The actual uncanny valley, when people can find evidence of it in studies, is closer to "very ill/walking corpse" look than it is to "kind of cartoonish face."

You may be overreacting to what is, largely, an internet comment about a video game

I also watched that Loyalty mission without sound and it looks pretty solid gameplay wise. And yeah, that ign narrator is pretty incompetent. I don't understand how these people get that job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Angarans look like they do more pull-ups than James Vega and have never heard of leg day.