Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

humanity is basically good but humans are dumb animals

Lol humans behave even worse in groups, and provably so!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agrajag posted:

ok tom perez giving a good interview/response to trumps speech

yeah Perez is already going in hard on Sessions which is positive sign

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

my favorite part was the light going out of Ryan's eyes when donald trump started yelling about making prescriptions cheaper

im not a card player and im 100% sure i could clean ryan out in poker

he needs pence and boehner to school him in constipated fast-winks instead of what he does now

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

ok tom perez giving a good interview/response to trumps speech

If it isn't Keith Ellison giving the speech I'm not gonna vote in 2018 :qq:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Perez saying about the speech 'steve bannon on steroids with a smile' I rate a 5.5/10 on satisfactory bile spitting

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

cams I don't want to argue with you anymore because I like you and your stupid face. let's just agree that baloogan bad/chuck todd bad
yeah my b, i just get annoyed at the implication that the solution is easy and obvious.

tbh i think the idea of letting franken do a roast would actually be worth kicking around, but there are legitimate dangers to making a joke out of politics when you are the party that wants there to be a federal government. also, "democrats making jokes after trump addressed the widow of a fallen soldier" and the voting public is not a dumb internet comedy forum.

baloogan i hope you eat a lethal amount of poo poo

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Nichael posted:

It doesn't solve poo poo though-I don't follow. The old rules don't apply.

Unfortunately, "the old rules" still do apply to Democrats. There is a massive double standard in this country. The Democrats lost because they "ignored the plight of workers in the Rust Belt," but Trump and the rest of the GOP are literally calling those same workers "liberal plants" because they're angry at Town Hall meetings, and yet those workers will still vote GOP.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nichael posted:

Donny was absolutely right that the elections are crooked and the media is biased trash. Except for the wrong reasons.

tbf donny is pretty much right on most things he says, just for the wrong reasons

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Montasque posted:

Wait till there's a terrorist attack and Trump goes out there and gives some Miller/Bannon speech and trots out survivors and weeping family members of the victims and everyone will cheer and clap as he calls for the death of all Muslims.

i expect old timey lynchings when it happens

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

course i also think ya gotta give ppl somethin to believe in even if its unrealistic it dont matter u gotta make ppl feel good

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

This IcyHot ain't gettin to the hot and now I smell like Vicks

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

cams posted:

haha man you got me, you're just so detached and ironic

eat poo poo you white supremacist gently caress

i like this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im a cheap political date, all you need to win my unswerving loyalty at this is just get up on the stage and have some fuckin vitriol in your voice and promise to drive the republicans to ground with whips and chainsaws

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

Wait till there's a terrorist attack and Trump goes out there and gives some Miller/Bannon speech and trots out survivors and weeping family members of the victims and everyone will cheer and clap as he calls for the death of all Muslims.

lol

that's going to be one of the darkest days in American / world history

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GobiasIndustries posted:

If it isn't Keith Ellison giving the speech I'm not gonna vote in 2018 :qq:

ellison is beside him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Real3percent/status/836789743866249217

/pol/ and the propaganda pals are out in force tonight

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Trazz posted:

Unfortunately, "the old rules" still do apply to Democrats. There is a massive double standard in this country. The Democrats lost because they "ignored the plight of workers in the Rust Belt," but Trump and the rest of the GOP are literally calling those same workers "liberal plants" because they're angry at Town Hall meetings, and yet those workers will still vote GOP.

the old rules only apply because they haven't had a leftist firebrand that isn't phased by pundits griping about decorum for the past 50 years

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm not gonna vote in 2018 :qq:

this is the more accurate dem thread experience

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

im a cheap political date, all you need to win my unswerving loyalty at this is just get up on the stage and have some fuckin vitriol in your voice and promise to drive the republicans to ground with whips and chainsaws

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

ellison is beside him

:lol: this might be worse somehow, but I don't wanna check into the Dem thread

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

im not a card player and im 100% sure i could clean ryan out in poker

he needs pence and boehner to school him in constipated fast-winks instead of what he does now

ryan lives in his own universe

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i mean this is literally all they have to do but then again moderates by definition aren't strong-willed people able to harness emotions

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
we should all be killed by meteors

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

nothing really does matters

so close no matter how far
69 is the sex numbarrrrr-haha

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't wait for the JEB! response to this speech!

I'll have to wait until tommorow though, Barbara doesn't let JEB! stay up this late on a weeknight.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

Alex Jones needs to be drug out into the street and shot, Bannon too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hahaha baloogan you little bitch

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

gently caress hugh hewit lol gross

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Utz posted:

nature's mercy killing

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

the old rules only apply because they haven't had a leftist firebrand that isn't phased by pundits griping about decorum for the past 50 years

Alan Grayson? Al Franken?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Turdfuzz posted:

course i also think ya gotta give ppl somethin to believe in even if its unrealistic it dont matter u gotta make ppl feel good

the absolute basics of effective rhetoric are a lost art to the democrats

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Solarin posted:

gently caress hugh hewit lol gross

yup this guy is loving disgusting also

"we need to listen to trump differently"

this is an actual thing gently caress this gross piece of poo poo

trump gets teh special rules!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if elected to the senate i will ignore all legislative work and instead sneak into my esteemed republican colleagues offices while they are voting and debating, , and I will quietly wait behind a door or some furniture.

when they come back i will leap at them like a snarling bobcat and begin striking them about the head and chest w a length of nautical rope, which i will bring

vote me

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

parading military widow in front of a crowd/camera for political gain = transcendent moment, extremely patriotic

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Utz posted:

no

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

ryan lives in his own universe

i bet he has chocolate milk every day and feels like hes livin it up

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

Alex Jones needs to be drug out into the street and shot, Bannon too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hahaha baloogan you little bitch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

tbf donny is pretty much right on most things he says, just for the wrong reasons

No he's not. Not even on the media.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So how'dthe joint session go? This thread seems busy so I guess it was business as usual for DT.

Good on perez for coming out swinging, it'll do a lot ease the salt about the chair election.

i mean the fucks who put him up to it will still need to get purged, but he might be able to stay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Squizzle posted:

if elected to the senate i will ignore all legislative work and instead sneak into my esteemed republican colleagues offices while they are voting and debating, , and I will quietly wait behind a door or some furniture.

when they come back i will leap at them like a snarling bobcat and begin striking them about the head and chest w a length of nautical rope, which i will bring

vote me

Okay

• Locked thread