Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

It's Day 3!

Gilpic
More Bullet types:
Toxic
Blind
Vivanite
Gold

Bullet crafting

head
load
case
dropw/ GALs and GSPs
paintimg?
You guys are going to love it!

Introducing a new Special unit: The mancer? mage?
paintimg hoes here

Field effect types

Vivanite Imbued
Inspired
Zealous
blind

Achievements
collect
This is totally a good idea: use
Precision Ammo: kill 200 w/
Full Force: Beat w/stack

FAQs

stack FX
In addition to secondary unit class spawn group effect Daily, field commander, heist weather and difficulty
rate balance spawn parts
replace old

Quiet rep

-----------------------------------------------------

We reached our goal! Breakpic Get ready to walk a furious road! It's the character you've been asking for
Dom

Perk Deck: The Raceist
speed
erk names
nodod
change perk points?

Melee

Gun: "Marine"

Two masks

Vehicles

Motorcycle
Van
LF

$! You did it!

------------------------------------------------------
We care about your feedback. Send us your questions

Will any of my purchases carry forward to future games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
gently caress! That wasn't supposed to be visible

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

well, you guys do remember that briefcase we've been stealing in multiple heists, right?

Calling it now: a Pulp Fiction crossover where the Payday gang is tasked to steal the briefcase of a certain Marsellus Wallace whose contents remain tantalizingly unknown, but whose recipient will pay a high price for - voiced by Quentin Tarantino, of course.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

gently caress! That wasn't supposed to be visible

You should have sneaked this. Tons of gold in that deal.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
So I can't figure out this issue I'm having. The last time I played PD2 was during the Christmas Mall heist and it was all good fun, but now when I load up the game I get the usual splash screen and the main menu, all is well. But as soon as I get into Crime.net my framerate drops down like 12 FPS, and stays that way even during the heist, until I finally go back to the main menu where it clears up and returns to the normal 60 FPS. I've fiddled with all my video options but nothing seems to have any kind of impact, and so far Payday 2 is the only game acting erratically. I did hop on during the Scarface release and had the same issue, so I'm guessing the problem started around then. I'm going to try reinstalling tonight and seeing if that fixes it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this weird issue.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It looks like the devs are gearing up to finally tackle the problem that's been afflicting Payday 2 balance: snipers not firing a "warning shot".

Tamayachi posted:

So I can't figure out this issue I'm having. The last time I played PD2 was during the Christmas Mall heist and it was all good fun, but now when I load up the game I get the usual splash screen and the main menu, all is well. But as soon as I get into Crime.net my framerate drops down like 12 FPS, and stays that way even during the heist, until I finally go back to the main menu where it clears up and returns to the normal 60 FPS. I've fiddled with all my video options but nothing seems to have any kind of impact, and so far Payday 2 is the only game acting erratically. I did hop on during the Scarface release and had the same issue, so I'm guessing the problem started around then. I'm going to try reinstalling tonight and seeing if that fixes it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this weird issue.

Using any mods?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 2, 2017

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
No mods whatsoever, and I've never used them before so it wouldn't be anything leftover hiding in the files.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Tamayachi posted:

No mods whatsoever, and I've never used them before so it wouldn't be anything leftover hiding in the files.

Hm, if the clean install doesn't work my next guess would be that antivirus is suddenly getting a false positive. Having it effect the crimenet interface is just weird, I'm not sure what process would start there and not stop when a heist loads.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 2, 2017

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Discendo Vox posted:

Hm, if the clean install doesn't work my next guess would be that antivirus is suddenly getting a false positive. Having it effect the crimenet interface is just weird, I'm not sure what process would start there and not stop when a heist loads.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the fresh install will fix it. The only other time I've seen this kind of problem is with another Steam game Unturned, but only in multiplayer servers. Not sure if it's a related issue or not, but I'll reinstall PD2 tonight and hope for the best.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

It looks like the devs are gearing up to finally tackle the problem that's been afflicting Payday 2 balance: snipers not firing a "warning shot".

I'm all for nerfing snipers so frenzerkerchist moves from "dominant meta" to "literally unstoppable."

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Got back into the game after a few weeks out due to various reasons, and Brooklyn 10-10 is really fun and avoids many of the worst PD cliches (no bags to move, not having to huddle in one spot for any very extended periods of time, etc). However, the last bit is hellish on OD because you have ~40 policemen, each of whom can down you in a couple of shots, huddled in a relatively small stretch of street. And they make you go out into that mess to move police cars. People complain about every OD build having to have Aced Nine Lives and Swan Song, but situations like that are literally impossible without those skills.

Whole heist is great on DW and below though!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The recent trend of sticking infinite assaults at the end of loud heists is terrible and I wish they'd stop doing it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What would be better, have a heist have no bullshit numbers but hard-lock it to like 10-13 big waves that become shorter the quicker you kill? Have an achievement for reaching this where there's one or two waves that are basically nothing and Bain laughs at the cops trying to just ask the heisters to leave the scene/give up, "pretty please"?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They could just not use it because it's a lovely mechanic. For every map where it works (Beneath the Mountain, Hoxton Breakout, First World Bank) there are just as many where it's loving garbage (Boiling Point, Biker Heist day 1, Dockyard, pre-patch Scarface, Brooklyn 10-10).

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Endless assaults are good on larger maps (Beneath the Mountain and even Boiling Point) or where you're expected to run a reasonable distance to the escape (Hoxbreak, First World Bank, Birth of Sky). They are total poo poo in constricted areas where the cops can cluster and deathball you (Aftershock, Brooklyn 10-10), or where the escape is stupidly long and/or poo poo in other ways (Biker Heist and the crappy bikes; Train Heist when you get the boat escape, Scarface Mansion when you get the van).

Generally, therefore, endless assaults are ok so long as they're on a map that gives players a fair chance. Putting 40 cops in a tiny area so they can all concentrate fire on the crew all at once is not giving players a fair chance. And, again, the type of escape you get should not ever be up to loving RNG if one escape is very evidently much easier than the other.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
in pd:th literally every map ended in some form of infinite assault, and a no return point

i would not count on this particular tradition to be excised any time soon

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Speaking of pdth, today's updates include several teasers in the safehouse. We're getting Green Bridge and Heat Street next.

Also Vlad's there sometimes now.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Coolguye posted:

in pd:th literally every map ended in some form of infinite assault, and a no return point

i would not count on this particular tradition to be excised any time soon

I'm well aware. Between them adding running back to bulldozers and repeating history by adding an unbalanced top difficulty at the end of support, Overkill seems pretty stuck on "tradition".

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

its a good civics tree in civ 4

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

As a part of OVK's "remove anything people complain about" approach to design, the endless assaults were removed from Scarface Mansion and a bunch of other heists. I'm not confident it's an endless assault at the end of Brooklyn 10-10 either.

Also, small leak time, courtesy of facepunch folk:

wpn_fps_snp_siltstone
wpn_fps_ass_flint

The DLC id is "grv".

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 2, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The assault goes endless when you jump through the elevator right before you meet Charon. If you take the zipline down the shaft but don't jump through it won't trigger.

You can watch the assault banner restart during a sustain when it happens.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Coolguye posted:

its a good civics tree in civ 4

you mean civ 5 you barbarian

fake edit: civilization/payday crossover dlcs when?? I want the Payday gang to steal Great Art in Civ 6 (my spies are hopeless at it) and I want to heist as Genghis Khan! Or as Gandhi, but only if he comes with a handheld nuke launcher.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ripper Swarm posted:

you mean civ 5 you barbarian
MAN W/CLUB UP IN UR MINE
SMASHIN poo poo & FEELIN' FINE

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Coolguye posted:

MAN W/CLUB UP IN UR MINE
SMASHIN poo poo & FEELIN' FINE

DUDE W/SPEAR UP IN UR FARM
GRAB THE DADDY, BREAK HIS ARM

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Looks like reinstalling did the trick, I'm running free and clear again!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Encountered a weird bug on an escape after transport: harbor. We failed first time because the escape van was in a different spot and I didn't realize it. We restart and the loot is gone. No bags spawn. We restart again and the loot is there. I wasn't running any mods but I wasn't host.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

Encountered a weird bug on an escape after transport: harbor. We failed first time because the escape van was in a different spot and I didn't realize it. We restart and the loot is gone. No bags spawn. We restart again and the loot is there. I wasn't running any mods but I wasn't host.

This has been reported (I think based on Transport: harbor specifically) and is being worked on, I think.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

wpn_fps_snp_siltstone
wpn_fps_ass_flint

The DLC id is "grv".

FLINTSTONES!?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Endless assaults make sense on maps when it's basically just your cue to get the hell out of there. They should only show up when there's nothing more to be done and thus sitting around farming cops would just be a waste of time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Speaking of pdth, today's updates include several teasers in the safehouse. We're getting Green Bridge and Heat Street next.

Also Vlad's there sometimes now.

Anyone know what Uncle Crime is saying?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It bugs me that infinite assaults effectively punish you for succeeding by locking out any in-custody players for the remainder of the heist. Admittedly not a big deal on the ones where it's just a quick sprint to the exit through minimal resistance, but when it's not...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

http://pastebin.com/YeJ2BFnn

Note that in practice the lines are probably randomized.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

As a part of OVK's "remove anything people complain about" approach to design, the endless assaults were removed from Scarface Mansion and a bunch of other heists. I'm not confident it's an endless assault at the end of Brooklyn 10-10 either.

Endless assault on Scarface Mansion is artificial difficulty, good that it's gone.

The one thing they haven't put back in most heists that was in PD:TH is completely arbitrary escape timers. Good riddance to that, as well.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Im more worried about rear end flints personally. Those sound quite painful to deal with.. like upgraded hemorrhoids or something.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We're going back in time to steal the wheel from Prehistoric man. The first crime!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
It looks like I'm back into this game. Are there any good guides to summarise the changes from 2015 onwards? OP was pretty good but I now need to guide 3 beginners through this and can't remember anything myself (despite being I-95).

Halp!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Red_Fred posted:

It looks like I'm back into this game. Are there any good guides to summarise the changes from 2015 onwards? OP was pretty good but I now need to guide 3 beginners through this and can't remember anything myself (despite being I-95).

Halp!

Whenever I take a long rear end break and come back, I just bullrush my way to 100 of the current infamy, look up a build or two on reddit, then just mess around on OVK difficulty until I start getting my Payday legs back.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
yeah just spend like half your session cursing and puking while maxing Inspire and you'll be fine

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Red_Fred posted:

Are there any good guides to summarise the changes from 2015 onwards?
I can't find any guides but a good summary of the changes is: Basically everything. Honestly, I can't even remember what was changed in 2015 and what was older.

Let's pretend it wasn't Day 1 of Crimefest 2015 that made you stop and that'll be my excuse if I say something you already knew.

Skills
  • They've been completely overhauled.
  • A lot of stuff that may appear to be missing is actually stuff you just have by default. Stuff like silent killing, fall damage reduction and taking cops as hostages.
  • Other stuff just got shuffled around. Bulletproof is in Enforcer now, for example. Berserker, melee and pistol skills are in Fugitive. Automatic weapon skills, Technician.
  • Every class has 3 separate trees. Tiers are unlocked for each tree individually. There are only 4 tiers.
  • Point costs got changed a little. Tiers 2 and 3 cost slightly more than they used to.
  • Tier requirements are also different: 0, 1, 3 and 18. The infamy bonuses only change that last one, dropping it to 16.
  • There are skill profiles. They remember not only your chosen skill set and perk deck but also your mask, weapons and throwable. You can switch between profiles during loadout, meaning you can switch between days.

Weapons
  • They've also been completely overhauled. Even the AMCAR and Chimano 88 - the starters and still the worst guns in the game - are OK on Overkill difficulty.
  • Accuracy and Stability are now on a 0-100 scale. 100 are "exactly where the sight is pointing" and "it barely moves" respectively. 92 is what 18 was.
  • Skins. Moving on...
  • There is a type of mod that is just called stat boost. They have no cosmetic change, not even the concealment boost. You get to have just one on a gun and they override the stat boost of a skin (if it had one). While there are super bullshit side jobs to let you acquire one a month, you get them from card drops much more quickly.
  • LMGs can have a bipod attachment that let you trade all your mobility for a gun that can actually hit things at a distance.
  • Grenade/rocket launchers exist. They are all DLC and no DLC has more than one.
  • Anyone can use Akimbos. Skills/perks just up their stability and ammo capacity.
  • Anyone can use a saw as a primary. Skills allow saws as a secondary. Primary and secondary saws have to be bought separately.
  • Everyone has access to a grenade now. It's no different from the one you might have paid for so long ago.
  • Melee weapons only go up to 30 damage now. Unless you charge the attack. And/Or take the skill that lets you kill up to 16 guys with your guns for one really hard swing.

Deployables
  • Everyone has most of them at their basic level by default. The exceptions are armour bag (still a perk) and...
  • Silent sentry guns. Unlocked by a skill.
  • Sentry turrets cost ammo to deploy now. If they're not broken you can pick up your turrets (refunding you the unused ammo), and put them down somewhere else with full ammo again. You get to have four with the right skill. You change their ammo type to AP rounds with the right skill.
  • Trip mines and shaped charges are separate items but they are still paired as a single deployable. With skills, you can have up to 14 trip mines and 6 shaped charges. Trip mines can be upgraded to start fires.
  • There's a skill to carry two different deployables at once and you switch between them at the push of a button but you only get half of the secondary deployable. Technician, Engineer, Tier 3, Jack of All Trades Ace. Yes, you can choose Sentries and Silent Sentries to have six of them in total.
  • First aid kits can be auto-consumed to prevent death with the right skill.
  • Bulletstorm doesn't suck any more. When any player uses an ammo bag that you deployed they get infinite ammo for an amount of time based on how much ammo they got from the bag. Vast improvement over holding onto the drat things for it.
  • ECM feedback isn't a skill. You just have it.

Stealth
  • Absolutely nothing.

New Enemies
  • The Medic: He's an rear end in a top hat that every so often prevents one cop from dying and heals them. If that cop happens to be a bulldozer, good job - you wasted a lot of ammo.
  • SWAT van turrets: They can be destroyed but they are really stubborn. Don't get too close; they have tear gas.
  • Captain Winters: He only appears once and walks over to a predetermined location at an unspecified time on certain maps with a team of shields that are all immune to stagger, he makes every single cop harder to kill just by existing and the assault wave never ends until you beat him. All while standing around and doing nothing. Beaten by either dealing lots of damage to him or by killing off his crew. Most people just use explosives on him at the first opportunity.

Mutators
  • Originally a GoonMod thing. Now officially part of the game.
  • Some didn't make the transition, many others are completely new. Most of the new ones are very strange.
  • There is a fun tax and you get less experience and cash for playing with them, even the ones that obviously increase the difficulty, like the one that boosts enemy damage, the one that boosts enemy health, the one that turns dead cops into even more cops and the one that turns on friendly fire.

The Basics
  • Apart from the old safe house thing that didn't really explain much of anything, you now have two "Basics" heists. One for loud, one for stealth.
  • Both have fixed loadouts so new players don't have to worry about not owning a silenced weapon.
  • Both are 2 days long.
  • Loud day 1 is about using gun on mans until mans stop using gun on you. Loud day 2 is about rescuing teammates from custody and using the doctor bag wrong and is literally just one of the escapes with more scripted events.
  • Stealth day 1 is killing dudes quietly, hiding the bodies and sneaking past others when you're all out of pagers. Stealth day 2 is dealing with cameras without breaking them, plus a little bit of sneaking and hiding the bodies.
  • Both award a fairly decent amount of experience for how short and easy they are.
  • You do have to put a little effort into completing these; the cops, guards and cameras are just as real as they are in proper heists and you can still fail.

Safes
  • They have... skins in them. So anyway...
  • Used to require you to get drills to open them (old ones still do) but the ones you get now do not.
  • Mostly cosmetic. Some have stat boosts (which you could just put on the gun anyway) and guns with legendary skins can't be modded at all.

Offshore Payday
  • The real change here is that it's a permanent feature now.
  • Piss away offshore money for card drops. You'll have nothing better to do with it eventually, especially since infamy 6+ doesn't cost anything and contracts don't really cost that much.

Safe House
  • You moved out of the old one. Finally.
  • Has various parts that can be upgraded. The only one that does anything outside the safe house is the upgrade that lets you change the van's paint job.
  • Can sometimes be raided by the cops. It's basically a semi-rare heist that awards 6 continental coins to anyone who takes part. There's no need to do it immediately, or ever.
  • Various trophies can be earned by doing challenges. They also award 6 continental coins each.

Continental coins
  • Used to upgrade the safehouse (costs 6, 12 or 18, depending on the level).
  • Can also buy weapon mods of your choice with them (6 coins per mod).
  • Awarded from daily safe house side jobs (6 each), trophies (6 each), safe house raids (6 each) or from getting huge amounts of experience (1 per 1,000,000).
  • Also kind of a GoonMod thing that got ported into the main game. Just not as versatile. Or generous.

Side jobs
  • Daily/Weekly/Monthly challenges.
  • Dailies are either very easy achievements, killing a load of (specific) enemies (using a specific weapon type) or doing several (of one contractor's) heists. Awards a random mod for a weapon of your choice and some cash.
  • Daily safe house side jobs are just the most random things you could be doing. Some are much harder than others. Awards 6 continental coins.
  • Weeklies are achievements you never wanted to do again. Awards a predetermined infamous mask and some cash.
  • Monthlies are straight up masochistic nonsense. Unlocks a random stat boost or a team boost (because those are different somehow?).

Pro jobs
  • Don't exist.

Players
  • People doing loud with light vest/two-piece suit is a thing now. More than before.
  • Some have their health capped at 30%. It is also a thing - specifically a skill designed to synergise with Berserker. Its power is the stuff of legends.
  • drat near everyone is using some kind of mod now. Most notable perhaps is NGBTO or as you may get to know it: "You've been kicked from the game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Red_Fred posted:

Halp!

Obligatory plug of my Short Guide with guest contributions from other goon heisters.