Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Is a guest really going to be upset that the bathroom smells like poop?

Probably not, more likely sales people literally thinking, "I do not want a client/prospect thinking about poops or farts while I am trying to make a sale."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

WampaLord posted:

Is a guest really going to be upset that the bathroom smells like poop?

Probably not, though maybe subconsciously they'll be in a slightly worse mood and thus slightly less likely to agree to <office blah>. I'm not saying it's rational or reasonable but it's at least it's coming from somewhere.

Depending on who the person complaining it, I'd still be tempted to keep doing it, and saying, "it was an emergency" every time that lady complains. Get that poo poo escalated, you know? Who looks worse, the guy pooping in the wrong bathroom or the woman agitating to the CEO over it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

quote:

I asked one of them (OP's Colleagues) and he laughed and said "poo poo happens" which I admit was funny...

guy might work with Pete

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lockback posted:

guy might work with Pete

and some of us, it happens to more than others

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
total power move: keep passing solids in the forbidden toilet

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You could so easily lie about that too. If she's all sniff sniff you just say guess I ripped one standing at the urinal, and if she wants to stand there huffing farts all afternoon that's fine but SOME of us have work to do

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lying about making GBS threads to the office toilet sniffer is a compromise of dignity nobody should have to make

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Dunno how I feel about that one. My butt tells me the kid should just poo poo when/where he pleases. The issue is that she's been there longer, he's the new guy on the block, and if she raises a big stink about it, he could end up with no job.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the classic comeback for that is to tell them they're just smelling their upper lip

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

MF_James posted:

Dunno how I feel about that one. My butt tells me the kid should just poo poo when/where he pleases. The issue is that she's been there longer, he's the new guy on the block, and if she raises a big stink about it, he could end up with no job.

Missed opportunity, failed to say "he could end up canned", 8/10.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That dude doesn't realize that he's just been given a golden ticket to always waste time walking to a remote bathroom, which is an amazing office-shitter power move if your goal is to get as much time not working per poo poo as possible. Embrace this, dude.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Dude should continue making GBS threads in the office toilet, but start leaving the stall door open.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Antivehicular posted:

That dude doesn't realize that he's just been given a golden ticket to always waste time walking to a remote bathroom, which is an amazing office-shitter power move if your goal is to get as much time not working per poo poo as possible. Embrace this, dude.

No kidding. If it really eats 5 minutes to get to the other bathroom and he averages 6 shits a day, that's an hour in travel time he's not working. That doesn't even count time on the pot. Dude has a gift from the gods here.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I (24M) am tired of my girlfriend's (24F) video game addiction ruining her sleep patterns and cutting into our time together.

quote:

Using a throwaway because my girlfriend is a redditor. I am also not an English speaker, so hopefully my writing is legible.

I am a full time student at a university, and she is currently unemployed/not in school, and does not plan to be. We have been officially dating for over a year now, and have known each other for about 3 years. I love her dearly. We both like to play games together. As for our future, she wants to stay at home and for me to work. I have no problem with that, although I think it would be beneficial for both of us to work. Her sleeping pattern was always inconsistent, but for the past couple of months it has been taking a toll on me. Mostly because it has been cutting down the time we spend together, and there is no effort to change it. Now, I do not expect for us to fall a sleep in each others' arms at the same time, or for one person to force themselves to sleep when they cant. But I do think that a quality of healthy relationships, is going to bed around the same time.

My girlfriend stays up for 20 hours at a time to play video games, to where she sometimes falls asleep on her computer chair. She then sleeps for 10 to 12 hours, shifting her day/night cycle on a daily basis. There have been days where we barely had 2 hours of the day together. This leads me to feel like she would rather choose to play video games, than to tolerate herself and have more potential time for us (I say potential, because of course we would not be holding hands for that whole time).

When I do try to talk to her about it, she either turns the conversation into how me confronting her, makes her feel, and how I am wrong to feel sadness. Or she gets mad, telling me that I have no right to place expectations upon her. In both cases, she gets defensive and the conversation always deviates from what I bring up, to something I said, taken out of context.

Today was the latter.

I approached her, just as I woke up at 8 am (just before she went to sleep), to tell her that it pains me that I wont see her for half of the day today. In return I got an eye roll, to which I made a joke about, trying to keep the mood up beat. But that lead no where. The conversation deviated to how I should not "cry about it", and that I have no right to set expectations upon her. I fully accept that my communication skills are not the greatest, especially when it comes down to verbal communication. Thus, when someone misunderstands me, I make a great effort to correct myself. So when she told me that I have no right to expect her to do anything, I stopped her, and explained that, that is not what i meant, but rather what I came to talk about were my feelings, rather than expectations. But somehow, within the next 2 minutes, the conversation deviated again onto how I should not have expectations placed upon her. This happens in all of our arguments. I am completely at lost, which is why I am writing this. I have no idea how to approach her, without her taking it the wrong way or diverging the conversation. I fear that the patterns that I see now, show what the future will be like.

I think I would be more understanding if her sleeping schedule was consistent, even if it would be not synced to mine. At least I would be able to predict when she would wake up, and I would get used to it. Rather, I now find myself hoping that when I go to sleep at night, and shes awake, that she will go to sleep in the next hour or two, but that never happens. And it would not even be an issue (although I would miss her the same) if she had responsibilities which would require her to stay up, but she doesn't. But as is, I cannot.

She constantly tells me how much she misses me when I sleep at night, or when I am in class. She's even told me that she wishes that we could spend more time together. That is why I purposely chose my classes in a way as to have most time together. Yet on my off days I find myself often waiting until 6 pm or later, for her to wake up.

tl;dr: My girlfriend has her sleeping schedule ruined daily because she cant stop playing video games, it is ruining our relationship, and I cannot talk to her about it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My girlfriend stays up for 20 hours at a time to play video games, to where she sometimes falls asleep on her computer chair.

drat dude

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I get the dollars and she gets the achievements.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Put that gamer in a room with no electronics for a month to detox. Slide a crossword puzzle, a book and some sort of craft project through the feeding slot with every meal.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The best part is dude's girlfriend is not in school, unemployed, and wants to be a stay-at-home gamer all day every day. He just casually brings that up too, like it's no big thing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SAHM, NEET, what's the diff

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The best part is dude's girlfriend is not in school, unemployed, and wants to be a stay-at-home gamer all day every day. He just casually brings that up too, like it's no big thing.

How much is she making streaming?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

How much is she making streaming?

Not streaming, camming.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Being a mother is The Toughest Job and they are Unsung Heroes that can't seem to get enough Red Wine In The Afternoon, according to my Facebook feed.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Antivehicular posted:

when i'm really bored i go to the building across the street to poo poo

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Enfys posted:

I was curious if redditors often struggle with cat theft, and a quick search brought up many strange results and it turns out lots of redditors either know people who steal cats or steal cats themselves.

This one has the best TL;DR ever though:

I know this was a couple of pages back, but all I can think pf is:

Peter's pecker porked a plastic pussy

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Themata posted:

My girlfriend is currently in med school and I learned one of her classmates drives drunk because he 'can handle it' and hasn't gotten in an accident yet. :stonk: :catstare: :stonk: He also thinks the best way to get away with murder is to run someone over with your car because something about technicalities of the law lets you escape getting sued.

Slight derail, but I assume this person is chinese.

quote:

The Chinese language even has an adage for the phenomenon: “It is better to hit to kill than to hit and injure."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Enjoying my shock, he explained that in Taiwan, if you cripple a man, you pay for the injured person’s care for a lifetime. But if you kill the person, you “only have to pay once, like a burial fee.” He insisted he was serious—and that this was common.

:capitalism::capitalism::capitalism::capitalism::capitalism::capitalism::capitalism:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also I'd beat that BMW driver to death with my bare hands probably.

I try not to post such things but welp.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 7, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Yep. Came from an old woman who fell getting off a bus (IIRC). Young guy goes to help her up, she turns around and accuses him of pushing her because why else would have helped unless he felt guilty? Guy gets put on the hook for all her medical bills, gets sued, kills himself.

There's some problems with their Good Samaritan laws.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm addicted to wedding disaster stories

(FH = future husband, FSIL = future sister in law)

quote:

I write this with a little bit of a grudge. I am getting married myself but this past weekend I was on the other side, with FH's sister's wedding.

For some background, the wedding party had two SOs (myself and one other girl) who weren't in the wedding party. The other girl was a groomsman's girlfriend. The rest of the wedding party was either immediate family of the bride/groom or had two SOs who were both part of the wedding party (like husband a groomsman, wife a bridesmaid). Apparently that made us the natural person to deal with stuff they hadn't planned for when planning the wedding. Or maybe they were planning on us handling things all along.

The ceremony went well but when the reception rolled around it was all downhill from there. First FH and I were getting seated and his sister (the bride) came up and asked me and the other girl to man the food area and put out more food, help people, etc. She paid for catering drop off but not catering service and so pans would need to be switched out and stuff. I was kind of annoyed because I was starving, but didn't see any easy resolution so I just did it. We spent over an hour manning the buffet (and learned just how hard catering staff work!). Luckily we were smart to get some plates set aside for ourselves at the beginning because people came up for seconds and a lot of things ran out. Eventually pretty much everyone was done going through the line, so we sat down to eat.

Then a while later the mother of the groom came up and said that Becca told us we were in charge of the buffet, and she saw that we didn't clean up the buffet table. She said it needed to be cleaned up ASAP because they needed the buffet tables for other stuff. She walked away before we could even say anything. Other girl and I looked at each other, sighed, and did it. We moved all the stuff to the kitchen and then were walking away from the tables when mother of groom walks by again and said the tables "obviously" need to be wiped down. At this point I am not sure if she realized we were invited as guests, or if she thought we were hired for this. But she had initially said the bride told her we were "in charge of the buffet," so obviously the bride was involved somewhere.
Throughout the night she told multiple people that we were "in charge of" various things. When the bathrooms ran out of toilet paper she told a guest to talk to me. When they ran out of ice she told a bridesmaid to ask the other girl to go get some. Etc.

Didn't get any better at the end of the night. The bride and groom had said they wanted all the bridesmaids/groomsmen (and us, presumably) to go to bars with them as a little after party, so we stayed until all the other guests and family had gone, like 11:30. But then the bride said that now that all the adrenaline was dying down the alcohol was hitting her and she thought it would be a better idea if she and the groom ended the night then. She asked FH and I to wait for the venue person to arrive to lock the building up and FH agreed. We were outside at a little patio at that point. But then we went back inside to wait and walked into the reception hall and realized that there was still the issue of clean-up. She hadn't said what was going on with that. FH tried to call her and text her to ask, no answer. We hoped that she had a plan - going back the next day, paying venue to do it, something.

But of course the venue person came to lock up and said that was not the case. She said that everything was supposed to have been cleaned up by the time she got there (12:30). The renter is supposed to clean up, fold and put away all tables and chairs (and there were ~250 guests so it was a lot to put away) taken down all decorations and take trash with them. FSIL had planned for none of it.

FH put his foot down and just told the venue lady that we're sorry to put her in a tough spot but we were not told anything about cleaning up, and it's not our responsibility. She said FSIL would be charged for the cost of a clean-up crew to come in at 5AM and anything that we didn't take with us in terms of decorations would get thrown away. FH said fine and we left.

FH didn't want to go to the morning brunch so we skipped it. FMIL called us saying FSIL was pissed because we let all her decorations get thrown away. Apparently all the linens were rentals from a separate company and they had been tossed too. She gave the impression to FMIL that we had AGREED to do all the clean-up so FMIL was angry with us, but when she found out we knew nothing about it before 11:45 she was angry at FSIL too. FSIL is still mad at us because it was her wedding day and she had been celebrating with drinks, so she feels we should have stepped up and taken responsibility to help things go smoothly.

The thing is, I would not even have been upset to be helping with stuff. I actually like organizing and coordinating things and I would have been happy to help if I had been asked. I would have made lists of things that needed to be done, recruited people to help, had a schedule, etc. Heck, I didn't even mind the stuff that couldn't be foreseen ahead of time - I'm sure the bride didn't expect toilet paper to run out. If it's your wedding day and the bathrooms run out of toilet paper and you come to me, a trusted person, to help you - that's fine. I will figure it out. But DON'T ignore things that you know about ahead of time, like the need to have someone manning the buffet or cleaning up the venue, and assign someone to those tasks on the day of. Not okay.

This horror story / rant is a PSA to you all. Please plan carefully for these things and make sure that if you're giving someone a responsibility, that they are agreeing ahead of time.

Sure your future in-laws are basically your slaves on your wedding day, why not

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"Hmmm, yes, let's get catering for the wedding, but not catering service. I will be a stylish ~frugal bride~ by paying for high-effort food and then not paying for professionals to serve it, instead relying on the few family members I haven't already enlisted to work unpaid."

To be fair, I'm sure being in this woman's bridal party was also a real scream.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So Im genuinely surprised that everyone except the bride acted seemingly totally rational and that her Husband stuck up for her to screw pver the sister.

Thats a bappy family to marry into

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Barudak posted:

So Im genuinely surprised that everyone except the bride acted seemingly totally rational and that her Husband stuck up for her to screw pver the sister.

Thats a bappy family to marry into

Yeah, I was really expecting the bride's mom to escalate with the cleanup thing, so it was a breath of fresh air to have her actually go "wait, she stuck you with this at 11:45? what the gently caress"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Why was it the two girlfriends/fiances of family members that got stuck with all the bitchwork rather than the family members themselves, that seems so random and odd. Like it'd be one thing if her FH was recruited and she said she'd help, but that everyone else was sorta just enjoying the reception while the +1's got milked for free labor and everyone just sorta thought that was appropriate feels so weird to me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I was really expecting the bride's mom to escalate with the cleanup thing, so it was a breath of fresh air to have her actually go "wait, she stuck you with this at 11:45? what the gently caress"

Yeah, that was nice. It can happen :unsmith:

If I tried to pull that trick and someone told my mother, she would murder me for real.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Why was it the two girlfriends/fiances of family members that got stuck with all the bitchwork rather than the family members themselves, that seems so random and odd. Like it'd be one thing if her FH was recruited and she said she'd help, but that everyone else was sorta just enjoying the reception while the +1's got milked for free labor and everyone just sorta thought that was appropriate feels so weird to me.

Yeah it sounds like everyone thought they had agreed to it though except the bride.

I haven't been religious in a l ok ng time but stories like this make me value the religious community grew up in. Our families paid the bills for it but all of the site prep and takedown, decoration, flowers, and catering were done by the old ladies and old men whose kids had all had the same done for them. A lot of the younger people pitched in as directed (and showed up early expecting to do so). The old ladies had enough experience with it that it ran like a well oiled machine.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I just don't really get why the bride thought it was appropriate in the first place. It's one thing to ask for help from friend's/family, but your brother's girlfriend that you're not even close enough to include in the wedding party? imo it'd only be acceptable for her to be helping out if she offered (without being asked) to do stuff with the brother/FH. And she did this with not just 1 but 2 women she wasn't particularly close to, that just seems beyond rude to me but idunno I've never planned a wedding.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I just don't really get why the bride thought it was appropriate in the first place. It's one thing to ask for help from friend's/family, but your brother's girlfriend that you're not even close enough to include in the wedding party? imo it'd only be acceptable for her to be helping out if she offered (without being asked) to do stuff with the brother/FH. And she did this with not just 1 but 2 women she wasn't particularly close to, that just seems beyond rude to me but idunno I've never planned a wedding.

It is totally rude af. She should have asked a family member or friend well in advance or loving paid someone.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
These stories have become a game of placing myself or people I know in these situations and whittling away virtues until the person in mind fits.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Sometimes it's easy hahaha

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Elsa maybe you should take a break from this thread