Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"this is not about money this is about patients. And the costs are going up!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol we deserve this timeline so much. gently caress off polygon you neoliberal clowns. plus i have never seen polygon in the last 2 years "fight for games" so gently caress them for lying.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Only one insurer on the market is too much like single payer, we can't have that.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Shageletic posted:

Here's the math. You need a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate to destroy the ACA (60 seats).

You can sidestep this with reconciliation, a law passed in 1974 based on a Cali law meant to allow the modification of legislation between the House and Senate with a lower threshold, the aim to correct small differences in their passed legislation without affecting legislation. As you can probably guess, lol, this has been abused and is responsible for Bush tax cuts and the ACA in the first place (the good parts anyway).

To do reconciliation, the law specifically states that a new Congress needs to pass their two pieces of respective legislation by April 15th. That's a majority in the House, and 50+ in the Senate. Also after that, Congress goes for recess, you run into the typical slowdown associated with summer, etc, etc.

So you would have to wait until the following year, a mid-term year. And if this poo poo didn't get passed in 2017, haha yeah right it's passing in 2018. Then you have the fall, with the entire House and 1/3 of the Senate being up for election....

Does that help?

Yes, thank you! I didn't realize that the reconciliation process had the April 15 deadline built-in.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao ppl about to get so hosed just lmoa

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
a system that empowers patients

through lining the coffers of corporate health

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Even the gorilla mind himself doesn't like this HC bill
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/839175490531282944

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

f o l k s

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
who is this old dude and where is Spicy?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Three Olives posted:

Has no one photoshopped KAC riding a dick in that position yet?

I'm at work someone photoshop Kellyanne onto this post tia
Also,

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

ShutteredIn posted:

Even the gorilla mind himself doesn't like this HC bill
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/839175490531282944

Goddamn, when you lose Cernovich you lose... well, maybe nothing.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol we deserve this timeline so much. gently caress off polygon you neoliberal clowns. plus i have never seen polygon in the last 2 years "fight for games" so gently caress them for lying.

what on earth about polygon is neoliberal. besides the vox media thing.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vladimir Putin posted:

Except it's illegal for the CIA to spy on US citizens so this is mostly foreign communications.

The CIA doesn't exactly have the best track record for doing things legally.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

S T A T E

L I N E S

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Saint_Rukus posted:

what in the gently caress

Polygon's content quality has gone way down since the McElroy brothers all overdosed on heroin in WV

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

Noted secretary of health and human services and notorious pigfucker Tom Price.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

plus i have never seen polygon in the last 2 years "fight for games" so gently caress them for lying.

trap sprung?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

Aren't their voters actually suburbans who fetishize rural culture?

$60k+

Rurals can't afford to be country music stereotypes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if you cant endorse corporate giveaways why the frick is you a trump supporter, my guy?????

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

MacheteZombie posted:

haha they put a copy of the ACA and a copy of Trumpocare on the end table so people could see the difference in size.

They should put a corpse next to a live body or a half million next to 300 dollars for more really neato comparisons

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
The CIA and the Trump administration locking in mortal combat where both of them are destroyed at the end is an ideal solution imo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

gop talking points on their lovely new bill include co-opting liberals' complaint that the ACA offers insurance coverage rather than healthcare per se

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Tom Price. Sec of HHS. Also an orthopedic surgeon, the most Randian/assholish of all medicinal specialties.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

quote:

“I think that the presence of ICE agents might have a calming effect on anyone who is passionate, illegal and willing to cross the line of calm and deliberative public engagement,” said Puckett in an email.

“So yes I wouldn’t have any problem with ICE agents (being) present along with any other appropriate law enforcement to answer any questions and maintain an appropriate level of civil discourse.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article136925888.html#storylink=cpy

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

kopasetic posted:

Wall Street Journal has confirmed the authenticity of the leaks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/839176849683001344

Plus, no one could make this poo poo up

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Office Pig posted:

Noted secretary of health and human services and notorious pigfucker Tom Price.

I feel gross just watching him :(

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Schnorkles posted:

The CIA and the Trump administration locking in mortal combat where both of them are destroyed at the end is an ideal solution imo

Now you're talking.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

where are Democrats on this bill? I haven't seen anyone speak out, like Pelosi/Schumer/Warren/Sanders whoever. You'd think they'd be all over cable news and the like making GBS threads on this thing.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
reporter just asked the health secretary if people would have to sacrifice other goods to buy healthcare and the dbag goes "that's a good question bc people are having to do that now with obamacare!!!!!!!!"

f

u

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

HOLY poo poo STOP SAYING FOLKS

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

CHOICES

COMPETITION

STATE LEVEL

gently caress MY BLOODY BUTTHOLE

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
still waiting for this dude to say anything substantive

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Office Pig posted:

Goddamn, when you lose Cernovich you lose... well, maybe nothing.

He'll still have Bill Mitchell. Trump could murder Bill's family in front of him and he'd still find a way to put a positive spin it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
so did price say there's no penalty without mentioning the surcharge?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

did you dorf me? is there a thread link?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Are there any websites set up that track ICE movements?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Literally anyone who isn't outraged at this motherfucker should never ever again hold a public service job.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Rocks posted:

where are Democrats on this bill? I haven't seen anyone speak out, like Pelosi/Schumer/Warren/Sanders whoever. You'd think they'd be all over cable news and the like making GBS threads on this thing.

they're eating themselves alive atm, no need for dems to get involved and give them something to rally around

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rocks posted:

it wouldn't surprise me about the first three, but you've got a good point on sanders. my guess if they were doing this as a strategy would be that they are staying quiet so they don't drive the dissenting republicans into support of this thing just to oppose dems

e: yeah was schnorkles said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Plus, no one could make this poo poo up

...what?

• Locked thread